Advanced Find not finding all - have to repeat find many times

"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages
which match the criteria.  It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops.
I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click
"Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times!

What is wrong?  How do I fix this and find all messages that match the
criteria?

My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst
files by date.  Do do this I make a copy of the file.  In one I delete
all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the
other I delete all messages younger than or equal to that date.
Outlook XP (2002) was able to find a couple of thousands all at once.
(FYI - I think my files are structured as legacy Outlook campatibilty
type, not the latest Outlook 2007 type.)

Why is Outlook 2007 not finding all files and how can it be fixed?

Craig in NJ
0
CraiginNJ

PS -- the problem only occurred for secondary .pdf files that are
opened at the same time in Outlook 2007.  I just used the function
with the primary .pdf file and that seemed fine, finding 1758 items.

PS2 - The definition of when the search stops is when the magnifying
glass icon stops being animated and I no longer see anything added to
the list or count of found messages.

Craig in NJ

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:55:47 -0400, CraiginNJ
<~UseNameForPrefix~@att.net> wrote:

>"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages
>which match the criteria.  It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops.
>I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click
>"Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times!
>
>What is wrong?  How do I fix this and find all messages that match the
>criteria?
>
>My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst
>files by date.  Do do this I make a copy of the file.  In one I delete
>all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the
>other I delete all messages younger than or equal to that date.
>Outlook XP (2002) was able to find a couple of thousands all at once.
>(FYI - I think my files are structured as legacy Outlook campatibilty
>type, not the latest Outlook 2007 type.)
>
>Why is Outlook 2007 not finding all files and how can it be fixed?
>
>Craig in NJ
0
CraiginNJ
9/17/2007 3:19:14 PM
how about waiting for the stop button to be grayed out and the find now
button to be live?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"CraiginNJ" <~UseNameForPrefix~@att.net> wrote in message
> PS -- the problem only occurred for secondary .pdf files that are
> opened at the same time in Outlook 2007.  I just used the function
> with the primary .pdf file and that seemed fine, finding 1758 items.
>
> PS2 - The definition of when the search stops is when the magnifying
> glass icon stops being animated and I no longer see anything added to
> the list or count of found messages.
>
> Craig in NJ
>
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:55:47 -0400, CraiginNJ
> <~UseNameForPrefix~@att.net> wrote:
>

>>"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages
>>which match the criteria.  It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops.
>>I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click
>>"Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times!
>>
>>What is wrong?  How do I fix this and find all messages that match the
>>criteria?
>>
>>My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst
>>files by date.  Do do this I make a copy of the file.  In one I delete
>>all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the
>>other I delete all messages younger than or equal to that date.
>>Outlook XP (2002) was able to find a couple of thousands all at once.
>>(FYI - I think my files are structured as legacy Outlook campatibilty
>>type, not the latest Outlook 2007 type.)
>>
>>Why is Outlook 2007 not finding all files and how can it be fixed?
>>
>>Craig in NJ

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/17/2007 6:09:56 PM
Yes, that too.  I wouldn't have been able to press the "Find" button
again to find the next batch until it's able to be pressed again.  It
really did stop finding new items after finding just a fraction of
them, forcing me to use Find a couple of dozens times before it was
done.

Craig

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:09:56 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>how about waiting for the stop button to be grayed out and the find now
>button to be live?
0
CraiginNJ

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

all future times changed
I open up Outlook this morning and found all future appts recurring and one time now span two days! My jaw is bruised from hitting the table and I have no idea how to f ix this short of editing every item by hand. What could have caused this? Are you in North America? Did you run the DST patch on your O/S or from Automatic Updates? Did you remember to run the Outlook DST patch? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "r0nbo" wrote: > I open up Outlook this morning and found all future appts recurring and one >...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

message being sent multiple times
E-mail messages not making thier way to "sent items". They are being sent multiple times (irritates recipients and I can't tell if the message gets sent at all, or multiple times). During the "send / Recieve" process, about every minute outlook goes through another "send" routine even though the last one may not be complete and w/o me directing it. I think I have the settings correct, but perhaps not. Any ideas? Hi, Goto the properties of the account and then remove the check mark next to "Leave a copy of the Messages on the server". Hope...

Exchange 2003 OWA cannot locate distribution lists using 'find option'
We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003. Some of our users access a shared mailbox using OWA. There is an absolutely vast contacts folder associated with it, and they need to be able to search through it for addresses. Unfortunately, we have found that if we put in part of the name of the contact in the 'to' field of the email, then it can be resolved. However, if they click on the 'find' button and put part of the name of the DL, OWA cannot find it. They cannot always just type the name in the 'to' field and then click the resolve button as sometimes they do ...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Dates and times
I need to be able to calculate down to the # of days and hours between 2 dates. For instance I receive document at 11:50 a.m. on 10/1/03 and it was processed at 6:00 p.M. on 10/3/03. I want a column that will tell me the difference in either days and hours or just hours('cause we know 24 hours =1 day etc..). How do I do this? Just subtract =A2-A1 format as [hh] -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Krandall" <Krandall@technisource.com> wrote in message news:060801c38e6f$6ba18f50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to be able to calculate down to the # of days and > hours...

create a macro that finds certain words in doc then pste
i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. What have you come up with so far? ted wrote: >i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then >cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...

Find path where WinZip is installed
Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like WinZip. If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as possible, (Example WinZip). -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201004/1 On Apr 16, 9:27=A0am, "rdemyan via AccessMonster.com" <u6836@uwe> wrote: > Is there a way that I can determine the full path of an application like > WinZip. =A0If possible, I'd like to start with as little information as > possible, (Example WinZip). > > -- >...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Find and Replace any digit
I am working in Word 2007. I am trying for a different find and replace option but I am not getting what I want. Here is the scenario: I have many documents in which the phone numbers are given as (000)-000-0000. I want all the numbers to replace with +1 prefixed and without brackets and dashes, like this, +1 000 000 0000. Now, I am able to find the numbers using ^# (any digit) in "Find What" by entering(^#^#^#)-^#^#^#-^#^#^#^#. But couldn't replace with the format I am looking for which is +1 ^#^#^# ^#^#^# ^#^#^#^# (+1 prefixed and no dashes). It is giving...

Showing GMT time zone and meeting interval
Can I have the GMT time zone show in Outlook2007 calendar and also meeting interval is 15mins. instead of 30 mins. Thanks! Set the computer to use the GMT time zone and in day or week view, right click on the column where the times are and choose 15 minutes. See screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/timescale.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Find the Rule that caused a specific message to be moved to a folder.
I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder. I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there. How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it? TIA You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder. Often, it is a simple phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject. E.g., if you have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has a freeserve...

Add To "Find & Replace" Drop Down List
Greetings, I am running Excel 2003 on an XP box. I have a lot of replacing to do on 60 similar workbooks. There are about 20 different combinations that I have to worry about. I have been using the "Find & Replace" under the Edit menu choice Edit>Replace. The drop down list only keeps the last 5 choices. Is there anyway to increase this number from 5 to 25? Any ideas will be most welcomed. -Minitman ...

Too many indexes
I was hoping that the upgrade to Access 2002 from Acess 98 would eliminate the indexing limit when enforcing Referencial Integrity on a join but that doesn't seem to be the case. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, any suggestions on getting around it. The limit has always been 32. I have never hit 10 in over a decade of using Access. You may want to review the design of your DB. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "jACk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071101c3b053$8d05d650$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I was hoping that the upgrade to Acc...

First time user recomendation for Microsoft
I use MS Mondy 2005. I have not upgraded because I'm not sure that what I need is available. So, here are two suggestion form MS. 1. As I download charges from my debit card, each entry is recorder as a new payee. However, almost all my debit/credit transitions in fact come from our local porviders. I'd like MS Money to incorperate a wild card feature into Money so when Money downloads the transitions it will auto update with a pree defined name and catorioryuse MS Mondy 2005. I have not upgraded because I'm not sure that what I need is available. So, here are two su...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

NEED HELP
Hello, Below is an example of my spreadsheet... RecvdDate RecvdTime ClosedDateClosedTimeCall Duration 9/3/2004 10:39:22 9/3/2004 12:35:37 (Need formula) 5/9/2005 16:00:52 5/12/2005 14:34:47 5/12/2005 11:57:11 5/12/2005 12:48:35 5/12/2005 12:55:53 5/12/2005 14:51:19 5/13/2005 13:39:08 5/16/2005 15:21:58 5/17/2005 16:58:59 5/25/2005 13:00:01 I need to determine the hours it takes to resolve a Help Desk issue. I hope that you can help me with this. Sandy "Sandy" wrote: > Hello, > > Below is an example of my spreadsheet... > > RecvdDate RecvdTime ClosedDateCl...

Find e-mails to a page with IE6, 7 and 8
- Catch e-mails from URL or web address directly without opening your browser! - Retrieve e-mails from the current page of your browser! - Extract e-mails from one or more files or documents on your hard drive! http://www.pgi.free.fr/webemailscapture.htm 2010sdf2011@gmail.com wrote: > - Catch e-mails from URL or web address directly without opening your > browser! > - Retrieve e-mails from the current page of your browser! > - Extract e-mails from one or more files or documents on your hard drive! > > http:// www. pgi. freeSPAM. fr/ webemailscapture. ht...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

finding the last value
I have a monthly inventory sheet, it has an opening balance column, a couple of columns for different activity and an ending balance - each row is a day of the month. Untill today() = the row date (column A), the ending balance column remains zero. I have a total row at the bottom for the activity columns, but for the ending balance column I would like to be able to display the last balance. I have thought about an IF statement to check each cell until I find a value, but 31 nested IF's sounds a little crazy. Ideas? Hi Simon (BTW you can't have 31 nested IFs ... only 7) howe...

time stamp #2
I have done many time stamp formulas before, but am needing something a little different.... In column J, I need a formula that would give me date stamp whenver the adjacent cell in column I has the word "closed" Or would this work better as a vb code for the sheet? Thanx. Certainly would Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE)) Is Nothing Then With Target If ...