Addresses from Excel

Hi,
I got an Microsoft Excel file with list of emails addresses in it.
Is it possible to import or somehow get the email addresses into Outlook so
that I don't have to type them in?

Also, since I would like them in a group can I do that at the same time?

Thanks,
AJS

AJS wrote:

> I got an Microsoft Excel file with list of emails addresses in it.
> Is it possible to import or somehow get the email addresses into Outlook so
> that I don't have to type them in?

Use File -> Import and follow the Wizard: probably best to try it out
and see how you get on; then come back with specific queries if you
can't get it working.

David
Thanks,
I imported the files and ran into another problem.
I do not have an "area code" column in Outlook.
Since I did not know how to do this, I combined the two columns (area code
and phone numbers). Unfortunately Outlook did not see the new Excel column.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
AJS

"AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message

> I got an Microsoft Excel file with list of emails addresses in it.
> Is it possible to import or somehow get the email addresses into Outlook
> so
> that I don't have to type them in?

File>Import and Export>Import from a file

> Also, since I would like them in a group can I do that at the same time?

Outlook doesn't have anything called "groups".  Do you mean a Distribution
List?  If so, then in Outlook, click New>Distribution List, give it a name,
click Select Members.  Now open your Excel file and select the addresses (or
name/address pairs), click Edit>Copy.  Go back to the Select Members wizard
and paste the clipboard into the Members field.  Click OK.  Click Save and
Close.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
1/16/2009 2:54:52 PM
Thanks,

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message
|
| > I got an Microsoft Excel file with list of emails addresses in it.
| > Is it possible to import or somehow get the email addresses into Outlook
| > so
| > that I don't have to type them in?
|
| File>Import and Export>Import from a file
|
| > Also, since I would like them in a group can I do that at the same time?
|
| Outlook doesn't have anything called "groups".  Do you mean a Distribution
| List?  If so, then in Outlook, click New>Distribution List, give it a
name,
| click Select Members.  Now open your Excel file and select the addresses
(or
| name/address pairs), click Edit>Copy.  Go back to the Select Members
wizard
| and paste the clipboard into the Members field.  Click OK.  Click Save and
| Close.
| --
| Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Excel Lookup Problem
Example Data; AAB01D P511 4 AAB01D P512 1 AAB01D P513 5 AAB01D P514 1 AAB01D P515 2 AAB01E P511 6 AAB01E P512 2 AAB01E P513 6 AAB01E P514 2 AAB01E P515 2 I need a formula to in the above example lookup AAB01D, then looku P513 and return the value in the 3rd column. Eg, Answer would be 5. The lookup values (AAB01D and P513) must be interchangeable - i.e. If change P513 in the formula to P514 then the result would be one. I am stumped. To anyone that can help - I would appreciate it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="AAB01D")*(B1:B10="P513...

sending an excel spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel How do i send my single excel sheet, in an attachment without the numerous blank sheets showing up too? I have tried to send a file which has only one sheet of data and numerous blank sheets. Although it prints as one sheet, the attachment on an email will send the data sheet along with a bazillion additional blank sheets. This has never happened before so I don't know what is happening or how to fix it. Many Thanks. When you attach a file to an email message you attach the *entire* file � you can't just at...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

Excel charts #16
How do I get a stacked chart to stop totaling two numbers, and allow one number to represent a percentage / portion of the other number? ...

EXCEL MERGE AND LINK ISSUE
I have a workbook with 2 sheets ( PO register, PO schedule tracker) In the first sheet, i have around 10 column ( A:J) details like PO no, Supp Name, PI no, Date, Order value, Payment term etc. ( this i use to fill A2 for 1 supplier, A3 for 2nd supplier and so on) But the 2nd sheet i have a schedule tracker my datas are like ( A:J) first 3 column are same in both sheet only the difference is in the 2nd sheet i will be merging A2 & A3 for PO no, B2&B3 for Supplier Name, C2&C3 for PO No, after than the D2=Committed Date & D3=Actual Date( the column heading will be like ETD,...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

updating database from excel
Hi, I developed an application that views data from the database(MSSQL) through Excel. How will I update the database when the user edits the data from excel without manual intervention? I want it to be this way, the user will save the excel and after that, without the user intervention, the database will be updated. thanks! ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Styles in Excel
Hello: People in my company often send me their problematic Excel workbooks. Lately, I've been seeing a number of workbooks that have thousands of styles. I have some VBA code that loops through the styles collection and deletes anything that's not in use. However, often times quite a few of the styles cannot be deleted. I notice that these often have the name "Nor" and cannot be deleted through code or manually in the user interface. Does anyone know how this situation occurs? Does anyone know how to delete these? Thanks! Possibly corrupt or built-in styles? ...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Loop in Excel
I have some Names in the Column A, from A1:A34. In this Range from A1 to A34 some rows are empty. I mean some rows have no name. My requirement is that every week on Sunday I want my file to move last name from A34 to A1. After that A1 should move to A2, A2 should move to A3 and so on respectively. If there is no name in any of the row that empty row should move as well respectively, regardless it have the name or not. Could you please help me to fine the solution for the above problem. Thanks in advance !!!! Here is a little snippet that should accomplish your goal. Just run it a...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

View Excel Cells in Color
When a fill with a color an excel cell, the screen didnt show me the color ive apply to cell. I have to click the preliminary presentation icon to see the color i ve applyed. Is this an excell error? Why should i do to fix it? The first thing I'd suggest is posting your question in the Excel newsgroup instead of Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "andres torres via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:c282191dd452428491c39a28c93cb703@OfficeKB.com... > When a fill with a color an excel cell, the screen didnt show me th...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Excel drop down box #2
I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up customers, I would like to know how and if I can use the keyboard to jump to the customer by typing the frist letters of their name, a If this is a data validation dropdown, it doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html nprice wrote: > I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up > custom...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

How do I perfom a character count in a single cell in Excel?
I need to peform a character count for certain cells in Excel. I found a formula for counting words within a cell but not the number of specific characters. If you count spaces as a character, you can use directly the function LEN. If you don't want the spaces to count, use something like: =LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")) Hope this helps, Miguel. "RonNette72791" wrote: > I need to peform a character count for certain cells in Excel. I found a > formula for counting words within a cell but not the number of specific > characters. ...

Excel is not working!
I open excel. As soon as I moe the mouse to any cell the mouse sticks ther and gabs cells. I must close excel. What is up? -- t Do you see "EXT" on the status bar? If so, hit F8 key to get out of extended mode. If using a wheelie mouse, try tapping the roller up and down a few times. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:45:02 -0700, displaynametl <lucky@lucky> wrote: >I open excel. As soon as I moe the mouse to any cell the mouse sticks ther >and gabs cells. I must close excel. What is up? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP Can't see the staus bar. F8 d...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Excel Bar Graph Questions
I want to compare FY08 & FY09 data (By each mth) using excel bar graph. So, on the X-axis need to show 08 & 09 bar graph in DIFFERENT color. What's the restrictions now I can see is ONLY ONE color shown on data on X axis. Anyone knows how to do it? Many Thanks Hi, Did you move one of the series to the secondary axis? If so see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223C6B4E-345D-40B7-A217-AEA3FA686F...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...