address of new email

When I update an email address of a person in contacts and address book,
then send a new message to that person, often the address auto entered when
I start to type in the address is the old address.
Where does outlook look for the correct address when auto entering the email
address after I start entering the name?

--
                \\\|///
             \\  ~ ~  //

0
cwoll (38)

It uses a resolved cache of typed names.  Since you don't mention your
version, the file could be one of two files.  However, for your problem,
when Outlook resolves the name to a deleted or changed entry, simply use the
down arrow to tab to that address and press delete.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Charles Woll asked:

| When I update an email address of a person in contacts and address
| book, then send a new message to that person, often the address auto
| entered when I start to type in the address is the old address.
| Where does outlook look for the correct address when auto entering
| the email address after I start entering the name?

0
MillyS (3228)
10/29/2005 4:41:52 AM
My version is 2003 SP-2.
charlie

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> It uses a resolved cache of typed names.  Since you don't mention your
> version, the file could be one of two files.  However, for your problem,
> when Outlook resolves the name to a deleted or changed entry, simply use
> the
> down arrow to tab to that address and press delete.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Charles Woll asked:
>
> | When I update an email address of a person in contacts and address
> | book, then send a new message to that person, often the address auto
> | entered when I start to type in the address is the old address.
> | Where does outlook look for the correct address when auto entering
> | the email address after I start entering the name?

0
cwoll (38)

Missing Emails #6
I personaly saw this happen. let me start by telling you about the setup... Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 all updates on xp pro sp2 all updates. Ok , one of my outlook users stopped getting email for two days. when I checked it out everything looked fine. I told him to send me an email to my outside account. which I recieved and replied to, here is where it gets strange. I verified he recieved the mail in Outlook Web Access. But he never got it in Outlook. so I logged back in and it was gone.I suspect it is in the same palce as his previous two days mail but I cannot find it. This has me ver...

new groups, contacts not in GAL (outlook/SBS 2003)
Hi everyone. This is driving me insane. I have an account with outlook 2003 and the "Use cached exchange" option is off. I also repeatedly press F9 to no avail. My contacts and universal dist groups that I have created on the server just do not show up. I can email them fine if I fully specify the name (ie: mydistlist@mydomain.com), but I don't see them in the GAL! I do have one lone contact that DID get in the GAL, but I haven't a clue why or what is different about it. Does it matter in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" where you create thes...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

Adding Sender to Address Book
Occasionally, I get email from someone who is not in my Address Book or Contact List and who I would like to have there. Is there away to place his email address there other than typing it in? A command something like "Add sender to contact list" perhaps. Thank you. Right-click on the sender, select "Add to Contacts" -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:#FRBmDuELHA.5932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Occasionally, I ge...

Redirect email to a folder in a second account
I have redirected my email from one of my accounts to another one of my accounts; I would like the redirected mail to go to a specific folder in my second account so that I know which emails to respond to from my first account. However, there doesn't appear to be any differentiating feature between regular email and redirected email that would allow me to write a rule. Is there any way to tag the redirected mail or have it recognize when it is redirected? I don't want to forward the mail, because I want to see the original sender in the "From" box and I want ...

Kicked out of GP when Emailing Statements
I am having a problem with emailing statements. If I try to print a statement for a customer that is setup to receive their statement by email I get the message "Microsoft Dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close" and it kicks me out of GP. If I print a statement for a customer who is not setup to receive statements by email it prints just fine. Why do I keep getting kicked out of GP when I print statements for customers who are setup to receive them by email? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

What is IM Address?
In OutLook Contact after Web page address there is place to specify IM Address. What is IM address and how is it used? Thanks. Windows Live Messenger, also known as Instant Messenger. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange...

Workflow for birthday reminder/email sending
I know one can search upcoming contacts birthdays by adding the month to form. But how can i automate it using workflow to send reminders/emails? ...

Email received but immediately disappears from one user to one receipient
I have a situation where email from one user within our domain, shows in the Inbox and preview, but immediately disappears. It is not in the Deleted Items or Junk Mail, and no rules are set. Emails from other users, within the domain and from outside, arrive fine. Messages is selected as the View. Others within the domain are receiving messages from the sender fine. I logged on to a different machine as the sender, sent an email, and the recipient received it correctly. This led me to believe that there may be a virus/spyware issue on the senders machine. After running multiple anti-spyw...

How to find folder tree for emails in search results?
Is there a way to see the entire hierarchy of folders for a message in the Search Results window? I just did a search of all mail folders (Outlook 2007). It returned about 20 results. In the "In Folder" column, it only gives the name of the folder the message is in, not the whole folder tree. I have a somewhat complicated folder tree structure and I would prefer not to have to open all of the branches looking for the correct subfolder. In some cases, there may be more than one folder with the same name. Not as far as I know. Search results return the item, not the tree....

Transport emails from one isp to new isp
I am considering changing from TimeWarner to AT&T uverse. TW does not limit my email storage capacity. Does uverse? What happens to my emails. Can I move to new Speed. Just ran speedtest.net and got 12.41 mb/s down and .49 mb/s up. Is that good and how does it compare to uverse? TIA -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com A1. Ask ATT A2. If you've already downloaded all messages from your Roadrunner account into Windows Mail, nothing will happen to them. Contact ATT for instrux on setting up your new account in Win...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

Exchange Global Address List
I have a user whos information i entered. after everything was said and done, he wanted his full name along with initials to appear in the GAL. i changed the display name in AD and took those steps, but when I pull his name up in outlook 2003, its still just his name that i entered before. Is there a way to force this update? you're certain you modified the display name? are you running in cached mode? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jerry" <jay_pee_36@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1170778214.249747.96530@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I have a user whos infor...

BUG? Ship-To addresses in HQ environment
I would call this a bug. You be the judge: HQ fails to recognize new/changed ship-to address for existing customers when the change(s) are made at the POS station. To test this scenario (HQ environment required): 1. select a customer at the POS station 2. use Ctrl-F7 (Ship To) to create a new ship-to address 3. designate the new ship-to address as the default. 4. finalize the transaction with the new ship-to address 5. wait for the next WS401 to complete 6. select the customer (again) 7. notice the ship-to address is NOT the recently designated default At this point, RMS (HQ in par...

Email and opening a case
Is there anyway to have an email that hits a given queue automatically open a case if it comes from a known CRM contact? ...

New Colour Schemes
Does anyone know of a website I can go to to download or copy colour schemes? I have tried making my own, but they don't always look that good, and it's quite time-consuming. I would like to be able to download schemes that other people have made, or even to be able to input the hex values... Many thanks for your help. If you find a color you like use a color picker and duplicate it in Publisher. I don't think there is a place you can download color schemes. Maybe someone here would be willing to share their schemes. Pixie is a great little color picker tool and free. htt...

Moving CRM 3.0 to new domain
Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar questions the answer is that Redeployment Tool but for which version? On the www, where I can downlad Redeployment Tool, there is only RT for MS cRM 1.0 or 1.2 Thanks in advance Lidia You'll find the redeployment tool on the 'server setup' cd for crm 3.0 cheers Rich "Lidia" wrote: > Could you tell me what tool (what version of RT)should be used to move CRM > 3.0 to new domain. As I notcied in this newgroup, in similar que...

Email Template Question 03-16-06
I am trying to modify the Case Closed Acknowledgement template and would like to know if it is possible to obtain the data from the Resolved Activity which is created when you Resolve a Case and use it in the Acknowledgement. It would be nice to include what the Resolution of the Case was when this template goes out to a customer but I can't seem to figure out how to pull the fields in. ...

Can receive but can't send emails on Windows Mail
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'good site for random camping sales', Account: 'Rowena', Server: 'smtp.slingshot.co.nz', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 202.180.66.218 (202.180.66.218:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 This is the error message I get when I try to send emails. Up until a couple of days ago I have been able so send emails fine but now it has stopped working. Any idea of how I can fix this and send emails again? Cheers This...

Re: Successfully activated new Deluxe license
Sorry, the store hours are 8AM-8PM central time "JohnA" <John@spamguard-TheAtas.org> wrote in message news:... > Phone number is 952-646-5047 - this is the direct number to the online > store customer service. They close at 10PM EST unlike the normal customer > service which is open much later. > > "MikeV06" <me@mycomputer06.invalid> wrote in message > news:9nk5jz2xkzof.dlg@mycomputer06.invalid... >> On 15 Jun 2009 21:10:44 GMT, Arthur Dent wrote: >> >>> My online services were due to expire in three months, so like ma...

Redirecting emails to another email account
Hi, Hi Aaron, I wanted to move emails from a specific email address to another email account. One of our users are receiving threatening emails. I want to move the emails from a certian sender to another account (keep as evidence) I have managed to create a rule in Outlook to forward the email from a specific external email account and then permintenly delete the original email. Can this be achieved at server level rather then ceate a rule in Outlook? PL3 There are two kinds of rules; server side and client side. Both are created through Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/...

exchange email scanning service
I have been getting the following attachments on some users systems: REMOVED_BY_THE_EXCHANGE_EMAIL_SCANNING_SERVICE_5CAE6CF4_4D03_48A0.txt I know this is a built in exchange virus protection feature, however I would like to tweak it or at least look at the settings. How do I go about doing this? It is an Exchange 2003 server. On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:15:29 -0700, Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >I have been getting the following attachments on some users systems: >REMOVED_BY_THE_EXCHANGE_EMAIL_SCANNING_SERVICE_5CAE6CF4_4D03_48A0.txt > >I know this is a built...

Adding a new attribute to the GAL
Hi. We are wanting to add a new attribute to our GAL, and the only KB article from MS we found was removed from the MS site. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and what the repercussions were. I was also curious if anyone knew why the article may have been pulled. I'm guessing it means it is not a supported practice. Anyway, the article we found was: 313962 "How to modify Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 details templates" . Anyhelp would be great! Artie Noel dognoela@mailtest.nih.gov On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:45:59 -0400, Artie <noela@mail.nih.gov> wrote: &g...

Lab: E2k no OAB Version 2 address book to be found...
i'm doing an E2k to E2003 upgrade in a lab. Basically doing it by introducing a new server, and migrating all the mail, public folders over. I am doing the "view system folders" technique to replicate everything to the e2003 box, but there is no OAB Version 2 address book underneath the default offline address book. Its there in my production network, but I want to make sure this lab goes exactly how it will go 'for real'. The only difference is the production network was upgraded from a 5.5 network 2 years ago, and this lab started with a clean e2k install (no 5.5). any...

Command button opening new window
Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open a new window based on the search information I input. It always opens in a new window, and also leaves the main form open. Is it possible to have the search opened in the same window? Thanks! Not really. A Sekect query opens as a datasheet form. You could create a subform on your main form and make the record source of the sub form the query you are running. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shari" wrote: > Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open > ...