Address errors

I have 10 e-mails to send. The addresses look good but I get two errors.

Sometimes they will all send but one will come back undeliverable. So I find
the URL is good but the name is bad.

Then with another group of 10 I hit 'SEND' and is says an address is
immediately rejected. It may or may not tell me which is bad. The message is
removed from the Outbox. Did I send the other 9? What is wrong with the
address?

What does the 'Tools' . 'Check names' do? Does it just check against the
address book or does it check the validity of the addresses against internet
URLs?

Double L

Donwillson@comcast.net <DonWillson@comcast.net> wrote:

> Then with another group of 10 I hit 'SEND' and is says an address is
> immediately rejected. It may or may not tell me which is bad. The
> message is removed from the Outbox. Did I send the other 9?

Generally, yes.

> What is wrong with the address?

Usually displayed in the rejection notice.

> What does the 'Tools' . 'Check names' do? Does it just check against
> the address book or does it check the validity of the addresses
> against internet URLs?

It's resolves the name, but I'm not sure of what all that entails.  Russ may
be able to say.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/22/2006 1:22:19 PM
If the name is not in name@address.dom format, then it performs a lookup =
on the user's address lists, according to the address resolution order =
set in Tools | Address Book, Tools | Options. If the user has the wrong =
address, Outlook doesn't know or care.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message =

>> What does the 'Tools' . 'Check names' do? Does it just check against
>> the address book or does it check the validity of the addresses
>> against internet URLs?
>=20
> It's resolves the name, but I'm not sure of what all that entails.  =
Russ may=20
> be able to say.

0
suemvp (4039)

Strange Error in the Financials-->General-->Transaction entry Wind
Hello: I've been reported this error lately in this window, whenever the person tries to add a new transaction, after a tab when adding the account info and the ammount, is like it's missing something. The literal translation of the error error is this: Unhandled Command Sequence Exception: Non-valid address for field 'Originating Master ID' in command sequence 'TE_Trigger_CHG_PRE_GL_TRX_Entry'. Command Sequence Terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_ADDRESSING SCRIPT_CMD_LOAD_ATSI6 After clicking ok this one goes too: Unhandled Command Sequence Exception: Non-vali...

Money 2005 always crashes (wininet.dll error)
PLEASE HELP I have just purchased the download version of Money 2005 standard. HOWEVER, I am unable to use it at all. First of all it is not compatible with money 2003 which I find very hard to believe (and I found no reference to this on the microsoft money website). But most importantly the program crashes all the time. If I try to sign in using my normal internet access, I am unable to verify my passport account becasue I am behind a proxy. This also has stoped me downloading the complete program from the net. So... IF I say "work offline", The program goes to t...

ActiveX Error 429
Hello, I have a problem with the following error message: "Active X component can't create object. Error number is 429." The database is in Access 2003 SP3. The OS is Windows XP SP3. This message is appearing on one computer only. The same database successfully works on three other computers with the following combinations: Windows XP SP3, Office 2007 SP2 Windows XP x64, Office 2003 SP3 Windows 7, Office 2003 SP3 There are no missing References. All the XP computers are up to date in terms of updates and patches. The error message appears after I use the B...

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

Error Report Box?
Just recently I have been unable to open a New Publication using the Wizard, Because I get a message box stating "ASSERT File:undialog.cpp Line 1396" My Publisher is 97 de luxe. My O.S. is Windows XP Pro. This set-up HAS(!) been running fine. Can anyone help? The only reference I have ever found for this error is conjunction with ZoomText... http://www.aisquared.com/support/Z7Updates.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Roy Purser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

VB6 Error 3050 Could not Lock File
Hi I am using Ms Access 2000 on a Windows Server 2008 and I have four users connected on a network to the server accessing the databases through a VB6 application which is loaded on all of the users' computers.While using the VB6 program i receive the error "Error 3050 Could not lock file".I know it has to do with the .ldb file.I have checked the permission and all users have full read/write/modify(Full control) rights on the drive and the folder that the databases are stored in.I checked the MaxLocksPerFile and it is set to 9500.I even tried compacting and repai...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

"error on page"
I get "error on page" at the bottom left when opening in IE 6 and outlook 2003 web access. Clicking on details shows: Line: 33 Char: 150 Error 'event_onkeydonBody' is undefined Code: 0 URL: (blank for privacy reasons) Can anyone please help? better posted in microsoft.public.exchange.clients Is Exchange 2003 sp2 installed? Does the same thing happen from multiple workstations? Try clearing the local browser cache at the client and add OWA to the trusted sites. "Teeny & Allen" <chakotay2@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:_v88g.584$x4.516@new...

Compile Error in Hidden Module
What are some common causes for the following error message: Compile Error in Hidden Module - This Workbook Thanks, Tony Hi have you installed an addin?. Try disabling your addins and check which one creates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tony Bender" <tony_bender@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7caab052.0409240819.5ea5c846@posting.google.com... > What are some common causes for the following error message: > > Compile Error in Hidden Module - This Workbook > > Thanks, > > Tony ...

Why did I get an unexpected critical error?
I upgraded to a new Mac G5 and installed OS X 10.4. I had been using Excel 98 on my G4 running Classic OS 9. I also received a trial version of the newest Office for Mac which I never tried but it has since expired even though it has only been 2 weeks since I purchased the computer. MS Word continues to operate without problems. But when I try to start Excel 98 Macintosh Edition, I get the tool bar, the "licenced to" panel and the following message: "Unexpected critical error: can't start the program". When you click on the OK, the program shuts down. Does anyone ...

error after sbs2003 installation
hi, we developed a .net software and integrated it with ms crm, which was on a different server (sbs 2000), by crm's sdk. first it worked fine but when we installed ms crm to a sbs2003 server our .net software generated this error message: ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Source: System.Web.Services therefore now we can not reach the crm server from the server that our .net application is running on. since all the integration parameters (the ip adress, username, pass etc.) is ok, we suspect that this is about iis's security permissions of 2003. ...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Outlook 2003, Send/Receive and Continuing on Error
A have a group of three POP email accounts and one IMAP account in Outlook 2003 running off of Exchange 2000. I have email set to auto-receive every 5 minutes. However, every now and then, one of the POP accounts will fail to find a its server and the "Enter Network Password" dialog box will appear. There is nothing wrong with the POP account or its credentials. Over the course of a day, a mail server can hiccup and if should hiccup while Outlook does it's check, this can happen. No big deal, working as designed. What is a big deal though is, when this does happen - that Outlook...

Error 0x800CCC92 #2
Trying to receive email I get this error, 0x800CCC92. Everything I have read points to the wrong username and or password. I am using Outlook 2003. The web based email works fine. I have tried resetting up my account and I have tried setting up the account in outlook express and I still get the same error. This just started happening all of a sudden. All of the accounts are set up correctly. I have read microsofts support on this issue. Could anyone lend some advice? Thanks The DR I'm getting the same thing. I can recieve but not sent email. Verizon tells me its a prob...

using error handler on access
Hello there I would like to build error handler that works from all the application. To do that i've build function that is being calls from all the vb code in the application by using On error goto: When i enter the function, is there a way to know which sub or function and object called the function? for example: if the error occur on frmClient at event: Form_AfterUpdate, is there a way to know on the function that the event was on object frmClient and the event was Form_AfterUpdate? hi Roy, Roy Goldhammer wrote: > When i enter the function, is there a way to know which s...

Another Crystal Logon Error
I`ve seen many messages regarding the same issue as mine. I`v also chequed the reports FAQ and the KB cases. I`m receiving the following error on the event viewer: "Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp" Windows 2003 (Spanish) - CRM 1.2 (Spanish) Using a website crm.company.com Files stored on c:\inetpub\CRM Site with http And published with ISAServer using certificates for the outside (https://crm.company.com) Please provide some ...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

#NAME? error on links
Hi All I've copied range [workbook1]worksheet1!D26:K37 and Edit>PasteSpecial>Paste Link in workbook3. I've then copied range [workbook2]worksheet1!D26:K37 and also Paste Linked to workbook3. When I've re-opened workbook3 and updated the links, the range linked to workbook1 is updated correctly, however, ranges D33:E37 and J33:K37 from workbook2 return #NAME? errors (D26:K32 and F33:I37 are correct). If I open workbook2, the errors are resolved and the correct values returned but close workbook2 and update the links produces the #NAME? error again. Any ideas? Regards St...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...