Address Book - same as the one in Windows START>Programs>Accessori

Just transferred from Eudora 5.2 to Outlook 2003, so I have a string of
questions on how the address book works in Outlook.

Is the Address Book that can be accessed from the START button (then
programs>accessories) a stand alone program, or should it be just another way
of seeing the Address Book used in Outlook when its working properly?

Having other problems... I'll post them as separate question

0
ChrisGlen (5)

Basically the address book used by outlook 2003 is called "Outlook address
book" its not a physicall address book and it does not contain any data of
its own and you cannot access it from the start button.
Outlook address book is a feature in outlook 2003. It lets you use the
contacts which are part of the CONTACTS folder in outlook.

"Chris Glen" <ChrisGlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just transferred from Eudora 5.2 to Outlook 2003, so I have a string of
> questions on how the address book works in Outlook.
>
> Is the Address Book that can be accessed from the START button (then
> programs>accessories) a stand alone program, or should it be just another
> way
> of seeing the Address Book used in Outlook when its working properly?
>
> Having other problems... I'll post them as separate question

0
v_2kirg (17)
7/25/2006 4:32:56 PM
It's a standalone program connected to Outlook Express. It has nothing =
to do with OUtlook.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Chris Glen" <ChrisGlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Just transferred from Eudora 5.2 to Outlook 2003, so I have a string =
of=20
> questions on how the address book works in Outlook.
>=20
> Is the Address Book that can be accessed from the START button (then=20
> programs>accessories) a stand alone program, or should it be just =
another way=20
> of seeing the Address Book used in Outlook when its working properly?
>=20
> Having other problems... I'll post them as separate question

0
suemvp (4038)
7/25/2006 4:41:55 PM
Thanks, so the Address Book that can be openned from the start button is a
stand alone program?

"Kiran" wrote:

> Basically the address book used by outlook 2003 is called "Outlook address
> book" its not a physicall address book and it does not contain any data of
> its own and you cannot access it from the start button.
> Outlook address book is a feature in outlook 2003. It lets you use the
> contacts which are part of the CONTACTS folder in outlook.
>
> "Chris Glen" <ChrisGlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just transferred from Eudora 5.2 to Outlook 2003, so I have a string of
> > questions on how the address book works in Outlook.
> >
> > Is the Address Book that can be accessed from the START button (then
> > programs>accessories) a stand alone program, or should it be just another
> > way
> > of seeing the Address Book used in Outlook when its working properly?
> >
> > Having other problems... I'll post them as separate question

0
ChrisGlen (5)
7/25/2006 4:42:02 PM
Yes, its called "Windows Adress Book" which is used by outlook express,
remember even outlook express is called a email client, which could be used
to send/recv mail, but as limited features.

> Thanks, so the Address Book that can be openned from the start button is a
> stand alone program?
>
> "Kiran" wrote:
>
>> Basically the address book used by outlook 2003 is called "Outlook
>> address
>> book" its not a physicall address book and it does not contain any data
>> of
>> its own and you cannot access it from the start button.
>> Outlook address book is a feature in outlook 2003. It lets you use the
>> contacts which are part of the CONTACTS folder in outlook.
>>
>> "Chris Glen" <ChrisGlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Just transferred from Eudora 5.2 to Outlook 2003, so I have a string of
>> > questions on how the address book works in Outlook.
>> >
>> > Is the Address Book that can be accessed from the START button (then
>> > programs>accessories) a stand alone program, or should it be just
>> > another
>> > way
>> > of seeing the Address Book used in Outlook when its working properly?
>> >
>> > Having other problems... I'll post them as separate question

0
v_2kirg (17)

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

This bloody windows Live!
Can anyone help please? Had Windows Mail on Toshiba Equium Vista computer and run a Nokia E75 phone, which both the computer and the phone received my e-mails - Great! Have now changed computer to Toshibha windows 7 which runs the e-mail in Windows live and now the phone and computer do not both receive my e-mails anymore, it goes to which ever is turned on first. Also now the mail that goes to my phone does not stay for more then a couple of moments before it disappears - Help! How can I get my e-mails to go to both my phone and my computer?? A damsel in distress (please do not g...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Forcing a link to open in a new window
Sometimes when clicking a link, I want to force it to open in a new browser window. I know how to force a link to open in a new tab (ctrl+click or ctrl+shift+click), but is there an equivelant key combo that will force the link to open in a new browser window? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ IE version? Windows version? Nathan Sokalski wrote: > Sometimes when clicking a link, I want to force it to open in a new > browser > window. I know how to force a link to open in a new tab (ctrl+click or > ctrl+shift+cli...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Attempting to perform two different sorts on one worksheet.
Great Gurus of VBA, I have a worksheet, which uses the following VBA procedure to sort th data when the last bit of entry occurs in column H. However, when want to print this spreadsheet I need the data to be sorted differentl and I am apprehensive about putting the code for the second sort int the sheet object because I am unsure about how the two might conflic with each other. Can someone give me an idea about how to have thes two different sorting routines work on the same sheet and not mess eac other up. I thought of putting a command button on the sheet to initiat the second sort but.....

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Why is my chart placing one column on top of another when I use a.
Why is my chart placing one column on top of another when I use a second y axis? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example, which explains how to stop the columns overlapping. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy MGutschmit wrote: > Why is my chart placing one column on top of another when I use a second y > axis? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Exchange Services do not start after server reboot #2
Hi there, I am running Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2K server SP4. Recently i started facing problem of exchange services not starting automatically after a reboot. Even if i try starting manually (Exchange Directory Service) it wont unless i repair the dir.edb file. then after the repair i try to start the Information Store it comes up with errors (Event ids 1120, 5000). I tried repairing the Priv.edb & Pub.edb using esutil and all services started. I came accross this problem 3 times now and 3 time i did the same thing. I am not going to reboot my server now. Does anyone have an...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

How can I update fields in one table with fields in another table?
Hi All I have two tables: my main table and a cut-down version of the main table with newly updated values: Main ------- RefNo Document_Type Version Title ModMain ------------- RefNo Document_Type_UPDATED Version_UPDATED Title_UPDATED I can't work how to use Access's query builder to do the simple task of updating the fields in "Main" with the modified values in "ModMain" where the RefNos match. Can anyone give me a pointer or web link? I cant find any information in Access Help about performing update queries with more than one table. This seems a straight for...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

Do I need to download SP2 and SP3 even though Windows Update updates my Vista regularly?
I bought a computer running Genuine Vista Home Premium w/SP1. I have set Windows Update to download updates regularly--and it's downloaded quite a few so far. Do I still need to download SP2 and SP3 and install them myself manually? Or is Windows Update updating my system in an equivalent way? -- Steven L. sdlitvin@earthlinkNOSPAM.net Remove the "NOSPAM" before sending to this email address. Steven Litvintchouk;1198418 Wrote: > I bought a computer running Genuine Vista Home Premium w/SP1. > > I have set Windows Update to download updates r...

Glyphs in Hoefler Text Ornaments font do not display in Office Programs
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having difficulty getting characters from Hoefler Text Ornaments, an Apple system-supplied TrueType font (unicode based, version 6.1d4e1; 2008-09-16), to display or print in most Office programs (Entourage excluded--it types and cuts and pastes there). While the font functions perfectly in Office X versions, it does not in both Office 2004 and 2008 programs, Entourage exempt in the latter two. <br><br>According to Apple, the characters are glyphs, and are accessible in the Mac character palate ...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

Net book value should be zero when an asset is retired
When an asset is retired and has not been fully depreciated, the net book value is calculated as cost basis less LTD depreciation. Our client believes that this is bad accounting practice. The net book value should be zero when an asset has been retired, even if it has not bee fully depreciated. I understand that when running FA reports it excludes assets with a status of retired, however, when using smartlist > fixed assets book, there is no field to filter out all assets with a status of retired. This makes it difficult for the client to correctly analyse their assets, especial...

Outlook starts ok but getting slower by opening mail
Hi all, I have a strange problem with our Outlook when some persons opening Outlook it starts normal and is working as it should be but with every mail we klick outlook is getting slower After opening 10 mails Outlook hangs cpu stays at 100% for Outlook The solution that solves this problem temporary is resetting the user profile on our server But then again it's just a matter of time and all things start over again Resseting the user profiles again and again is not a sutible solution because it involves a lot of work for setting the user settings back First i thougth it was a prob...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...