Address Book renaming contacts. (2 questions)

For WHATEVER reason Outlook 2002 - XP is renaming my
contacts in my address book.. so when I try and use
autocomplete it doesn't work. (Type in "Sha" to get the
choice between Shadow and Sha'mer and it just gives me
Sha'mer)

So - gritting my teeth - I go in and change the name of the
contact BACK to Shadow and it STILL doesn't register in the
autocomplete.

1) How the (ahem) do I get Outlook to stop renaming my
contacts?

2) How do I get it to recognize names in the autocomplete?
I now have about 7 that it doesn't, and it's a royal pain.

Thanks for your time and help!!

-Lorna.

Tux and Bunny - The adventures of a penguin and his psycho
friend.
http://www.tuxandbunny.com

0
lappleby (3)

Autocomplete uses names you've sent to before, caching them. A change in the
contacts folder doesn't affect autocomplete. Once you send to a name, it
should be in the cache.

Describe what renaming behavior you're seeing.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Lorna Appleby" <lappleby@backtalk.org> wrote in message
> For WHATEVER reason Outlook 2002 - XP is renaming my
> contacts in my address book.. so when I try and use
> autocomplete it doesn't work. (Type in "Sha" to get the
> choice between Shadow and Sha'mer and it just gives me
> Sha'mer)
>
> So - gritting my teeth - I go in and change the name of the
> contact BACK to Shadow and it STILL doesn't register in the
> autocomplete.
>
> 1) How the (ahem) do I get Outlook to stop renaming my
> contacts?
>
> 2) How do I get it to recognize names in the autocomplete?
> I now have about 7 that it doesn't, and it's a royal pain.
>
> Thanks for your time and help!!
>
> -Lorna.
>
> Tux and Bunny - The adventures of a penguin and his psycho
> friend.
> http://www.tuxandbunny.com

0
suemvp (4038)
7/27/2004 6:22:46 PM
>Describe what renaming behavior you're seeing.

Thanks for the quick answer. ^_^

Okee, say I have someone in my contacts named "Joe Smith"
and I just type in "Jo" to get him and hit tab.

All is groovy.

Eventually he sends me an email make as Yohann Smith (or
soemthing) and so I can no longer use "Jo" .. but "Yo" (and
further) doesn't work either.

Going in to contacts, his display as and/or his name have
been changed. But yet I can't autocomplete under the new.
Changing it back doesn't autocomplete under the old.

I *THINK* what I need to do (and I'm so far from expert I
don't see it's lights for 100 years) is turn off the
automatically enter all replied emails into the address
book (which I couldn't find in my grub through options) and
if there's a way to get autocomplete to rescan through my
address book and reset.

Thanks again. ^_^

-Lorna

Tux and Bunny - The adventures of a penguin and his psycho
friend.
http://www.tuxandbunny.com

0
lappleby (3)

New Email to a Category of Contacts
Strange problem, I have set up a number of categories to easily allow blast emails to my network of contacts. I select a category (no more then 19 contacts), then action, create, new message to contact, and receive the following warning: "Some of the contacts do not have email addresses ......" The email is then missing a number of contacts. When I look at those contacts, their email addreses are populated correctly. Also, I can create emails to them one by one, but never grouping more then one together. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks in adv...

Timer #2
What is the limitatio in using Timer in MFC? I have various timers working at the same time, and sometimes I found one of the timer suspended and the whole application hanged. 1) Can I use more than 1 timer? 2) What makes the timers hanged? 3) What is the max numbers of timer that I can use? 4) How can I combine all timers into 1 timer and do for all the tasks? Thanks a lot, Vicki Depending on the OS involved, you can use up to 5 Timers (system wide, I believe) which means that they are a limited system resource and should not be held when not used. If you have more than that, that is ...

Any method to copy the hyperlink address from an Office Object?
Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object and paste the same to a cell? You cannot copy the link address directly through Excel build-in menu . you need to use VBA code to do that. "Narnimar" wrote: > Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object > and paste the same to a cell? Maybe you could use a userdefined function to extract the hyperlink from the cells that have them. Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

outlook2000- contacts info
I happened to synchronise from Qtec to my desktop pc with w2k outlook 2000, which happened to convert partially in english & the remaining in ????? q marks My DT pc is "ARABIC" enabled I HAD DONE THE FOLL 1.REGIONAL SETTINGS SET TO ARABIC AS DEFAULT 2.RE-INSTALLED MSOFFICE2K-XP W/OUTLOOK ALONG WITH LANGUAGE PK 3.STIMULATION DONE ON ANOTHER SETUP & OBTAINED THE SAME RESULT. KINDLY ADVICE MOSES-RIYADH ...

Using iif to choose which address to display
I have an access table of alumni for my university, and it stores both their home and their business address. there is another field that is a dropdown box that you can choose which they prefer to recieve their mail at. now, i print out reports that basically makes labels out of them so i can mail out to people. im trying to write an iif statement, or somehow create reports that will check the value in prefaddr (home or work), and then based on that display all the corresponding address fields, either waddress, wcity, wstate, and wzip, or haddress, hcity, hstate, and hzip. i've tried m...

OMA Problem!
Goodmornig at all! I've a problem with OMA 2003... When I type http://serverip/oma the logon popup appear; I write domainname\username and password and appear this: (see the attach....screenshot.jpg) In the domain controller event viewer I've found this error: Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeOMA Categoria evento: (1000) ID evento: 1507 Data: 28/07/2004 Ora: 10.16.07 Utente: N/D Computer: DOMAIN Descrizione: Errore sconosciuto durante l'elaborazione della richiesta corrente: Generata eccezione di tipo Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderExcepti...

Changing contacts currency crashes browser
Hello, by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashes the Internet Explorer. The IE-window hangs completely and does not give a response anymore. The funny thing about that is that it works sometimes. Sometimes, after waiting serverl minutes(!) an CRM-error report wants to be sent to microsoft. Othertimes nothing happens untill the browser is killed. What could this be? How could this be fixed? Thank you! Regards. Uwe Looks like a bug. Thanks for sharing this. "Uwe Braunholz" wrote: > Hello, > > by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashe...

question about CStringT::Tokenize
Hi, I try to split a string "First,,Third" with ",". I suppose the result is "First", "", and "Third". But why it is "First","Third".(A empty string has been skipped.) BTW, how about ",First,Second,Third" and "First,Second,Third," If CString::Tokenize cannot support it directly, any other way can do it easily. //code CString str( "First,,Third" ); CString resToken; int curPos= 0; CString strSplitter( "," ); resToken= str.Tokenize(strSplitter,curPos); while (resToken != &...

Conditional format question #2
Excel 2003 Is there a way of comparing the value in the current cell, against that of the rightmost occupied cell in a row range? -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) formula is and format as desired. Assumes numbers =3Db2=3DINDEX($2:$2,MATCH(9999999,$2:$2)) On Jan 23, 12:13=A0pm, Paul Hyett <vidcap...@invalid83261.co.uk> wrote: > Excel 2003 > > Is there a way of comparing the value in the current cell, against that > of the rightmost occupied cell in a row range? > -- > Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change '...

Public folder Exchange 2003 #2
When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following message: Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones. Regards Per Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following >message: > >Unable to...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #2
When I say tab, I of course mean a sheet -- david.willis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14697 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263201 One way: Put this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets(1).Select End Sub If you're not familiar with macro, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article <david.willis.1d3hhz@excelforum-nospam.com>, dav...

xlstart #2
hi jim, turned out to be so simple a solution :-)... thank you very much. mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26637 ...

Import into CRM 3.0 Contacts?
What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 Contacts? Per... use this way http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/configure/outlookimport.mspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Per Moeller-Olsen" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 > Contacts? > > Per... > > > Thanks. Will try that. Per... "Imran-mscrmexpert" <mscrmexpert@gmail.com...

General Web Services Question
Can a Web Service return a dataset? If so, what are the limitations of a Web Service when you compare it to a DCOM DLL? -- Thank you for your help Yes you can return a dataset for web service operation but the dataset's diffgram behavior would definitely limit the interoperability of your web services. WS limitation compare to DCOM, you can't serialize complex or byte type to XML.. because web services is meant more for interoperability. but the advatanges of XML web services especially for interop and reuse grealt outweigh the benefit of DCOM Regards Erymuzuan Mustapa Dacu...

Outlook 2003 and Hotmail #2
OL2K3 does not play nicely with Hotmail, regardless of what the marketing people want you to believe. Every time I fire up OL2K3 and do a global "Send and Receive" I get an error list like this: www.raindayspa.ca/emailerrors.gif On a mass email recieve like that, my Hotmail folders almost never populate. I assure you my passwords and logins are correct -- after closing the error window I can access the HM accounts individually and OL2K3 will retrieve the mail. What's more, Hotmail access is still slow. In contrast, OE6 integrates hotmail without any fusses. You'd think th...

filtering colours #2
Guys Can you tell me if it is possible to filter rows identified by colou plz? If so, how do you do this?? Any help would be most welcome Thanks Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not directly. You can create a user-defined function, use this function to return the color index of the current cell, and then filter by color index. 1. Press ALT+F11. 2. Go to Insert > Module. 3. Paste in the following code: Function cellcolor(Target As Range) cellcolor = Target.Interior.ColorIndex End Function 4. Click back into XL. 5. In the next open column, put a header like...

Disabling the BCC field #2
http://www.experts- exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_ 20781877.html ...

Macro to look up values in 2 different columns
Hi, I need a macro which compares the values in colA and colC of sheet 1 to column D and column E of sheet 2, if both the value match, then it copies the contents from sheet2 col F,G and H into sheet1 colC,D and F. Please advise. Thanks Sub CompareThis() For iRow = 1 to 1000 If Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 1).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells (iRow, 4).Value And _ Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 3).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells(iRow, 5).Value Then Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 3).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells(iRow, ...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

Debt Planner in Cash Flow #2
I apologize if I've asked this before, but no one responded. My debt planner appears appropriately as "debt" in the budget. However, for some reason the upcoming bills do not appear in the Cash Flow, which throws everything off and I end up having a much larger account balance projected in the future. Any reason why these credit card bills are not included in the Cash Flow? I realize that the money was "spent" at the time of the credit card purchase, but paying the bills certainly effects my cash flow. Any way to get the bills back in the Cash Flow? (they ...

SMTP problem #2
Using Windows XP Pro SP1, and Outlook 2002 on 2 pc's we have the following problem: PC1 has email accounts A & B, connection by LAN, sends & receiev's OK PC2 also has the same email accounts A & B, connection by the same LAN to the same mail server, for Pop3 & smtp, as PC1 able to send OK by prompts for user name & password for both A&B smtp mail boxes. The obvious inital thought is that user names & passwords were incorrect but these have re-entered & double checked and are identical to settings on PC1. We are unable to identify any outlook ema...

to CONCATENATE from the smallest date with at least 2 criteria
Dear All, Here is the sample database. Date Salesman Region 16-Aug-08 A N 16-Aug-09 B E 16-June-07 C S 15-Aug-07 A S 15-Apr-07 B E 4-Sep-07 D N 4-May-07 E N 6-Sep-07 A N 3-Oct-07 B W 24-Sep-07 E E i would like to concatenate for Salesman B and Region E(east) in A1, so the result will be "15-Apr-07,16-Aug-09"... which formula can s...

how do i calculate 2' x 4' x 4"
How do I calculate cubic feet in excel? I need to be able to do it two ways. With all feet or with feet and inches. example... 2' x 4' x 3' or 2' x 4' x 1'-5" or 2' x 4' x 4". I have a construction master IV calculator that will give me both answers in cubic feet. 2'x4'x3'= 24cubic feet or 2'x4'x1'-5"=11.33333 cu ft or 2'x4'x4"=2.6667 cu ft. I have excel 2003 is it possible to do this and if not why these are basic math. Also don't see any formulas that are geared towards the construction in...