Address book question #4

Any advice on the following would be appreciated:

Using OfficeXP on the pc, if I want to use Outlook's address book from Word
to add an address to a envelope I am able to see all contact address's

On my laptop, trying to do the same above I am only able to see contact
address's that have where the contact has an email or fax number

What setting do I need to change on the laptop so that I am able to see all
contact address's

TIA
Tom

0
Tom4406 (70)

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Sorting data #4
Hi all This is kind of related to my earlier post. I have found a way to sort my data which contains merged cells. It's a bit cumbersome but seems to do the trick. The only thing I am now stuck on is a way to ignore tasks which have already been completed (in the sort), so that they will be pushed to the bottom of the list, whilst the active tasks will be sorted by due date order. I have used the following code / macro: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ' ' ResizeNotes Macro ' Macro recorded 17/09/2007 by michaelc ' ' Cells.Select Cells.EntireRow.AutoFit ...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

CMenu question in VC 7.1
Hi, I have a popup menu that responds to an OnRButtonDown message. I designed the menu in the resource editor and use the LoadMenu method. Within this popup menu there is an "Align Control" item that is itself a popup menu with items such as "Left", "Right", "Top" etc... I would like to enable and disable the "Align Control" menu item instead of enabling and disabling each individual item in the popup menu. How can this be done? Thanks in advance. ...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Relay Question
I have set up a computer to use my Exchange 2003 server to send the emails. I have set it up by putting the IP address of that computer in the Relay button in the properties of SMTV Virtual server. The issue now is that computer can send to any domains via my Exchange 2003 server. Is there a resttriction that can be setup so that computer can only send to a particular domain? how to that please? Thanks SSOR Hi, I don't think you can restrict SMTP relay by out-bound domain names. However, here is an idea - I am not sure if it is going to work in your scenario. You will have to use a...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

CListView Question about scrolling
I have a CListView. My question is if I set the Item state so that a row is highlighted that is out of sight because it is either on the next screen or the previous screen, how do I scroll to that row so the row is visible as the first row in the window? I hope that I explained that well enough. GetListCtrl().EnsureVisible( nItem, bPartialOK ); HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ ...

Excel Bar Graph Questions
I want to compare FY08 & FY09 data (By each mth) using excel bar graph. So, on the X-axis need to show 08 & 09 bar graph in DIFFERENT color. What's the restrictions now I can see is ONLY ONE color shown on data on X axis. Anyone knows how to do it? Many Thanks Hi, Did you move one of the series to the secondary axis? If so see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223C6B4E-345D-40B7-A217-AEA3FA686F...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

Public Folder issue #4
I was trying to create a public folder under the folder tree, but when I clicked OK i got the message "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". I tried to look for some help from internet but all results i got related to .NET configuration. I was exhausted and find no where to go. Please Help ! "=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBMLg==?=" <MichaelL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:47BD9C2A-24B0-4596-AA0B-3DC23979EB1C@microsoft.com: > I was trying to create a public folder under the folder tree, but when > I clicked OK i got the message ...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

Net book value should be zero when an asset is retired
When an asset is retired and has not been fully depreciated, the net book value is calculated as cost basis less LTD depreciation. Our client believes that this is bad accounting practice. The net book value should be zero when an asset has been retired, even if it has not bee fully depreciated. I understand that when running FA reports it excludes assets with a status of retired, however, when using smartlist > fixed assets book, there is no field to filter out all assets with a status of retired. This makes it difficult for the client to correctly analyse their assets, especial...

Some IMF question
Hi, For those emails marked as ****SPAM**** by IMF, how can I make them go directly to the user's Junk email folder instead of Inbox ? TIA Steven On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:53:37 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >For those emails marked as ****SPAM**** by IMF, >how can I make them go directly to the user's >Junk email folder instead of Inbox ? > >TIA > >Steven > Lower the store threshold SCL number? You must enable the Junk Email folder through OWA. Junk Email enablement can be a bit tricky check these article...

Group addresses in Address Book
Group addresses adds an incorrect address and addresses formerly deleted. I can't correct it and the email won't send. I'm not sure what you are doing. If you open the Address Book | New | New Group | Select Members and choose the ones in the Address Book you want, that is all you should see. Are you doing it differently? Is this an old group? Try creating a new one. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mack2" <Mack2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621B0FED-CD54-4634-B9E3-CDF...

Question about converting 97db to 2003 db
Hello, I have several 97 db that I need to convert to 2003. I have done most of them already without any problems except for one. When I try to convert this db I get the following msg: The current user account doesn't have permissions to convert or enable this database. Then it says things like; You have to join the work group, Your user account must have open/read access and so on. (I can give you the whole error msg. if needed). I didn't design the original 97 db, but as far as I understand there is no security on it. We don't have to enter a user name or password when open...