Address book not up to date

Hello,
As we are updating Active Directory and Exchange, our users have several
more days their address book not up to date.
I rebuild the Recipient Update Service but nothing changes.
Bonjour,
Alors que nous faisons des mise � jour dans Active Directory et Exchange,
nos utilisateurs se retrouvent plusieurs jours avec leur carnet d'adresse
pas actualis�.
Je reconstruit la mise � jour des destinataires, mais rien ne change.
Is there another place where I can set it ??

Thank you in advance, Cyril

It happens when you create a new user and you cannot find his name in the
"global address book", but you can find it in "all users", and next day you
can find him in global...

"Cyril Vannier" <cyrilvannier@hotmail.com> az al�bbiakat �rta a k�vetkez�
h�r�zenetben: %23M8yrPvdFHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> As we are updating Active Directory and Exchange, our users have several
> more days their address book not up to date.
> I rebuild the Recipient Update Service but nothing changes.
> Bonjour,
> Alors que nous faisons des mise � jour dans Active Directory et Exchange,
> nos utilisateurs se retrouvent plusieurs jours avec leur carnet d'adresse
> pas actualis�.
> Je reconstruit la mise � jour des destinataires, mais rien ne change.
> Is there another place where I can set it ??
>
> Thank you in advance, Cyril

Outlook 2003 and cached mode? Updates are downloaded once a day. If
restarting Outlook or choosing the option to download address books (in send
and receive).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Cyril Vannier" <cyrilvannier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> As we are updating Active Directory and Exchange, our users have several
> more days their address book not up to date.
> I rebuild the Recipient Update Service but nothing changes.
> Bonjour,
> Alors que nous faisons des mise � jour dans Active Directory et Exchange,
> nos utilisateurs se retrouvent plusieurs jours avec leur carnet d'adresse
> pas actualis�.
> Je reconstruit la mise � jour des destinataires, mais rien ne change.
> Is there another place where I can set it ??
>
> Thank you in advance, Cyril

0
msnews1660 (730)
6/22/2005 4:42:45 PM
That's exactly what Tamas says.
Downloading the address book doesn't fix it.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: uwONul0dFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Outlook 2003 and cached mode? Updates are downloaded once a day. If
> restarting Outlook or choosing the option to download address books (in
> send and receive).
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Cyril Vannier" <cyrilvannier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> As we are updating Active Directory and Exchange, our users have several
>> more days their address book not up to date.
>> I rebuild the Recipient Update Service but nothing changes.
>> Bonjour,
>> Alors que nous faisons des mise � jour dans Active Directory et Exchange,
>> nos utilisateurs se retrouvent plusieurs jours avec leur carnet d'adresse
>> pas actualis�.
>> Je reconstruit la mise � jour des destinataires, mais rien ne change.
>> Is there another place where I can set it ??
>>
>> Thank you in advance, Cyril

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

File modification date.
I am trying to locate a formula that I can enter in an Excel spreadsheet that will show the last date that the file was modified. ...

Date Field Subtraction
Hi I have problem with Excel (2010) subtracting dates. The date1 is entered into COLUMN L and a second date entered into COLUMN U when information sent. The end formula in COLUMN W (below) works fine until there is no date posted in COLUMN U (i.e. blank) then always sees as - figure and shows "LATE". Please help - would like status to show NULL in COLUMN W if nothing in COLUMN U entered. Thanks Potsy Formula in Column V: =IF(U334>0,U334-L334,"") Fomula in Column W: =IF((V334=0),"ON TIME",IF((V334<0),"EARLY",IF((V334>0),"LATE",I...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Date Issues
I have used one of the methods (via a function) posted on this forum to calculate a date that is 2 days prior to the start date. I called out this function "PrevWorkingDay" from a query. The date calculation appears to be ok. The problem that I am having is setting a date parameter base on this PrevDate on the query. The PrevDate does not seem to be a acting like a date should be. When the date parameter is >=12/25/2007, there is no result. When the date parameter is >=#12/25/2007#, the result is only for dates >=12/25/2007 but excludes 2008 (there are supposed t...

Money 2003 Deluxe Last Date Paid
I notice in Bills & Deposits that the last date I paid a bill is not correct. Is there anything that I can do to update this information or cause Money to update the information? On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 03:52:11 -0700, "Jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I notice in Bills & Deposits that the last date I paid a >bill is not correct. Is there anything that I can do to >update this information or cause Money to update the >information? If that date is well in the future and is for an APAY, it is a bug which it does not appear as if they a...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

Net book value should be zero when an asset is retired
When an asset is retired and has not been fully depreciated, the net book value is calculated as cost basis less LTD depreciation. Our client believes that this is bad accounting practice. The net book value should be zero when an asset has been retired, even if it has not bee fully depreciated. I understand that when running FA reports it excludes assets with a status of retired, however, when using smartlist > fixed assets book, there is no field to filter out all assets with a status of retired. This makes it difficult for the client to correctly analyse their assets, especial...

Group addresses in Address Book
Group addresses adds an incorrect address and addresses formerly deleted. I can't correct it and the email won't send. I'm not sure what you are doing. If you open the Address Book | New | New Group | Select Members and choose the ones in the Address Book you want, that is all you should see. Are you doing it differently? Is this an old group? Try creating a new one. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mack2" <Mack2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621B0FED-CD54-4634-B9E3-CDF...

Exporting Date Modified Field
I'm trying to export Outlook 2003 Contacts to a .csv file. I want to include the MODIFIED field, which is a data field automatically stamped by Outlook. (It shows up on the FREQUENTLY USED FIELDS tab when displaying ALL FIELDS on a contact.) It doesn't come up as one of the mapped field choices when the wizard asks you to map fields to export. Anyone know how to export this field? If not, anyone know how to filter an export to include only those contacts whose MODIFIED field falls within a certain date range? TIA, Kathy Right now you can use our preview edition of ContactGen...

Automatic contact/address inclusion in address book
Hi is there a way to include everybody who either sends me a mail or to whom i send a mail AUTOMATICALLY in the contac/address book? regards gabriel The former no one would ever want. For the latter, no current versions of Outlook have the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ggs" <truthnospam@icon.c...

Floating Year-To-Date Line
Here's what I've got. I'm given a line graph charting dating on a weekly basis over a full year. A goal line has been adding by putting the goal in a second column, but it's the same number just repeated 60 times. Also, I've been asked to put in a floating YTD line. Each week when the data is updated, the YTD value will change. I want to add a line to the chart that graphically shows this value, but it has to be a line that goes across the whole graph and is only done with one data point. Does any of this make sense? Can anyone tell me how to do this? Hi, You can d...

How do I keep the date from changing format in a mail merge? #2
I have a document in Word and a document in Excel that I am using in a mail merge. When I merge the documents the format that I have the date in does not stay the same. I want the date to show up like, June 9, 2005 and what it comes up with is 6/9/2005. Is there anything I can do about this? The only thing I have found is to merge and then change the date format but then I can't get the date that I want, there are certain options that I have to pick from. Any ideas? Go to the word document and select the field that you are using for the date. RIght click on it to toggle the field...