Address book lost after upgrade from 2000 to 2003 ...

Hi,

A friend using Office 2000 Pro upgraded to Office 2003 Pro.
He just inserted the CD and followed the instructions.
Now he cannot find his address book he used in Outlook Express.
In outlook Express [New mail] causes error 126.
Message: Addressbook support is not correctly installed.
Windows Help fails: 'Help and Support' service is not running.
Service was set to start automatically but it does not.
Manual start failed as well, msg: "Could not be started"

After uninstalling Office 2003 pro these problem persist.

How can he get his very important Adressbook back   ???
How can he update correctly or fix Office 2000/2003 ???

TIA,
John

0
nosp6772 (29)

"John7" <NoSp@mm.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A friend using Office 2000 Pro upgraded to Office 2003 Pro.
> He just inserted the CD and followed the instructions.
> Now he cannot find his address book he used in Outlook Express.
> In outlook Express [New mail] causes error 126.
> Message: Addressbook support is not correctly installed.
> Windows Help fails: 'Help and Support' service is not running.
> Service was set to start automatically but it does not.
> Manual start failed as well, msg: "Could not be started"
>
> After uninstalling Office 2003 pro these problem persist.
>
> How can he get his very important Adressbook back   ???
> How can he update correctly or fix Office 2000/2003 ???
>

> TIA,
> John

Do you think you cross-posted enough?  One Outlook and one Outlook Express
group would have been plenty.

Was he sharing Outlook's Contacts?  If so, he may have lost that.
Copied from Microsoft WindowsXP/Inside Out
Microsoft Press by Ed Bott and Carl Siechert

"Earlier versions of Address Book gave you the option of using your
Microsoft Outlook Contacts folder in Outlook Express. If you accepted this
option, Address Book became a front end to Outlook, visible in Outlook
Express and any other applications that used Address Book. Contacts added
via Outlook thus became accessible to Outlook Express, and contacts added to
Address Book by means of Outlook Express options (such as Outlook Express's
option to add the names of people you reply to via e-mail) became usable in
Outlook.

"This integration with Outlook is still available in Address Book 6 (the
version shipped with Windows XP), but only via an undocumented registry
edit. To share contact information between Outlook and Address Book, open
Registry Editor, and go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4. Add the DWORD
value UseOutlook to this key (if it isn't already present), and set it to 1.
To return to the unintegrated state, return to this registry value and
either delete it or set it to 0.

"The tradeoff for integration between Outlook and Address Book is that it
precludes your using identities in Address Book. If you are using Outlook
integration and you display the Folders And Groups pane in Address Book, you
see the subfolders of your Outlook Contacts folder instead of your shared
contacts and personal contacts."

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

return to Money 2003
I got a new machine with Money 2006 on it and I want to go to back to 2003 but now 2003 wont open my backup file. Is there a fix for this? Money files can't be read by an earlier version. When M2006 upgraded your 2003 file it made a copy and told you what it was called and where it put it. Look for a file ending in .m11. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/80.aspx for how to rename etc. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically ask...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

Free/Busy Info and OWA 2003 Issue.
Greetings! We are running Exchange 2003 Front-End, Back-End and Exchange 5.5 in a mixed mode. Exchange 5.5 does not host any mailboxes or public folders. They all were migrated to the Exch 2003 Back-End server .We are getting an issue where clients using OWA 2003 are not able to see the Free/Busy information for the other users when scheduling a meeting,however it works just fine with the old OWA 5.5 . This works also if people are using full Outlook client 2000,2003,XP - no problems with the Free/Busy time at all. Thanks in advance! Did you create a replica of the Free/Busy folde...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Lost file info saved in email template
I need assistance on how to retrieve information that was save on a file that was in my email account. A friend sent me a resume template that she designed. I pasted all the information in the textbox and mistakenly saved it to the email account oppose to my hard drive. Now it seems as though I lost all the information. When I try to open the orignial email file the information added is gone. The program does not allow me to type or paste anything into it. It is coming up as an archive. It almost seems as though the file is hidden somewhere. Can anyone help? You need the .pub ...

Outlook 2003 keep crashing !
It seems my Outlook 2003 (on Win2003 server) will crash under following conditions: 1. when I open a new Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer 2. when I copy and paste during composing an email 3. when I open a word document attachment 4. after 10 minutes or so, even there is no activity on the computer It does not always crash, but pretty often. I've run "detect and repair", installed updates from MS, same thing still happens. Does anyone has similar experience? Thanks general troubleshooting steps to be taken with outlook issues, is to : 1. run outlook in safe mode & s...

Exchange 2003 seems to be open relay, but is not.. Who can help me?
Hello, Today i noticed that somebody was trying to relay throught my server. Relaying is denied, that is for sure. But the ndr's are making a lot of trouble. I turned them of now, but that cannot be the correct fix, it is a work around. Server: Windows 2000 SP 4 Ok what happens, first let's look at the relay check of abuse.net: Relay test 8 >>> RSET <<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting >>> MAIL FROM:spamtest@test.com <<< 250 2.1.0 spamtest@test.com....Sender OK >>> RCPT TO:<"securitytest@abuse.net"> <<< 250 2.1.5 "securit...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

russian grammar checker in word 2000
how can I install a Russian Grammar Checker in MS Word 2000? ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Pasting from Word 2002 to Outlook 2003
How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks Ask in a Programming group for Word or Outlook for help with programming = questions. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Namgaw asked: | How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying | the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks ...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Word 2003: Hide underlying macro to unprotect document
I would like to give our clients the ability to unprotect a form should they want to modify the terms and conditions. I found this macro on a board and it works: ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="pwd" However, I don't want our clients, or our sales teams, to be able to double click and see the VB editor where the actual password is typed in. Is there a way to prevent them from doing this? Thank you. You can lock the project with a password. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "mela" <mela@discussions.micr...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

OWA 2003 and Appointment
Dear all, With OWA 2003, when I set appointment with invitation, why is it that I could not see the free/busy info of my invitees. I can see the free/busy info using my outlook 2002. FYI, I am running Exchange 2003 in coexistance with Exchange 5.5 at the moment (mixed mode). Thanks. Regards, Kueh. ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

Outlook 2003 #13
I can't get the calendar and task view in the same screen view as previous versions. I want to open up tasks in the calendar view, how is this done? Move your mouse pointer all the way to the right of the screen and drag left -- the TaskPad should reappear. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:097401c3995d$fb3b4680$a501280a@phx.gbl, Bill wrote: > I can't get the calendar and task view in the same screen > view as previous vers...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...