Address Book Import #2

I moved my address book from a Dell Laptop to my new Compaq. I got it to
install fine in Outlook Express but when I try to either Import/Export it to
Outlook it won't go. Any suggestions on what I might be overlooking?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

0
computing (1)

To what "address book" are you referring?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dave" <computing@homeandaway.com> wrote in message
> I moved my address book from a Dell Laptop to my new Compaq. I got it to
> install fine in Outlook Express but when I try to either Import/Export it
> Outlook it won't go. Any suggestions on what I might be overlooking?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

0
russval (3097)

chart #2
when i do a chart i can see it until i click on to a cell then the chart goes gray, if i click back on to the chart i can then see the chart Hi Steve, Sounds like you have the Show Placeholders option enabled. Use the menus Tools > Options On the View tab under Objects click Show all steve hills wrote: > when i do a chart i can see it until i click on to a cell > then the chart goes gray, if i click back on to the chart > i can then see the chart -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

can't import .pst files
when I try to import my personal file folders from my desktop to my laptop I get an error message that say's Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use. then it say's File access is denied. you do not have permission to access the file. What do I do? Steve Moore68@bellsouth.net Make sure the file isn't marked read-only. If it's on a CD, move it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Voucher #2
Hi, 1. - I want to put a Gift Card (Product type Voucher) in a Quote, but when I try to Pick up entire quote, my sale show me an error and don't request the serial number for this product. When I do the same with a product Serialized, when i pick up the quote, the RMS request the serial number for this product. 2. - I want use the product type Voucher as a Debit Card of the Store, but when I sale the voucher, generate a Sale with Tax. When the customer redeems this product, again generate a Sale with tax, this implies that this paying the taxes twice and this is a big issue. Exam...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Import "tab name" to cells
Hi. Is there a way to import the name of each tab to each worksheet? I'm creating a rather large worksheet and each workpaper needs to have the name of tab listed at the top. Please help!! Instead of using the Header/Footer option, I need to show the name of each tab in, for example, cell A1 of each w/b. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >What do you mean? >You want to print them? > >"Stan" <stanyoo@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht >news:8db601c35b60$0b56c5d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >> Hi. >> >> Is there a way to import the name of each ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

RMS 2.0 SO Manager abends after installation on Win 7 Professional
I just installed Win7 Pro on a new disk. I insalled RMS SO 2.0 with SP 2 then 3, then I loaded SP for the SQL server 2005 Express. I can connect to the database with administrator but neither manager nor pos starts. I get the following popup (it's the same error for manager and pos) Store Operations Manager Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface OK I am obviously missing something. I had copied the database from my Vista Business disk which was running fine there. Anybody can point me into the right direction? Thanks in advance Gerd So much for ...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Error 0x800CCC92 #2
Trying to receive email I get this error, 0x800CCC92. Everything I have read points to the wrong username and or password. I am using Outlook 2003. The web based email works fine. I have tried resetting up my account and I have tried setting up the account in outlook express and I still get the same error. This just started happening all of a sudden. All of the accounts are set up correctly. I have read microsofts support on this issue. Could anyone lend some advice? Thanks The DR I'm getting the same thing. I can recieve but not sent email. Verizon tells me its a prob...

Import\Export and Save Laptop Sync Filters to be reused and shared
I have a client who hast many remote users. These people are sales managers and want to review the work of people all over the organization. By default settings when they go offline they get only the records etc that they own. However, if a sales manager is doing thier job well they shouldn't own any account records. Which means that they dont get any account, opportunity, etc. To solve this issue MSFT would suggest that we train the users to modify the filters to get the correct records. I have gone thru this process for the 42 standard filters in CRM. This process takes a...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Excel drop down box #2
I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up customers, I would like to know how and if I can use the keyboard to jump to the customer by typing the frist letters of their name, a If this is a data validation dropdown, it doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html nprice wrote: > I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up > custom...

Account register report #2
How can I generate a register report that looks just like my paper check register? In Quicken, there is a button for register report, but I can't figure out how to get Money 2004 to print this report. In microsoft.public.money, Janet wrote: >How can I generate a register report that looks just like my paper check >register? In Quicken, there is a button for register report, but I can't >figure out how to get Money 2004 to print this report. See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 helps. It is not specifically for Money 2004, but it still...

How do I import a csv file into outlook using custom designed cont
I am using Outlook 2003 and I have already created a custom contact form which I will be using with all my contacts. I have already published it and selected it in Contact Properties box beside the line which reads, "When posting to this folder, use:". I can enter a single contact and it will use the correct form, however, since there are a few thousand of them, I would like to import them directly from a csv file which has headings to match my form. When I try to import, the "Map Custom Fields" button will only allow me to map to the former contact form. P...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

Apostrophes and quotes change to Simsun when imported from Word into Publisher
I am using Word XP and Publisher XP on a Vista system, and when I try to import a Word document into a Publisher text box, all the quote, double-quote and apostrophe characters change from Times New Roman to Simsun font. This is monospaced, so it throws out the spacing and looks ugly. I've tried to remove Simsun but it won't let me do that. Any ideas? Thanks, Jon. Does it happen if you copy/paste special unformatted text? Or create a text box, right-click, click change text, click text file and browse to the Word file? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

Automatic Data Import
Morning everyone, I am dealing with a range of files ouput by a structural analysis program (extension used is .out) which are formatted as standard text files with information arranged in columns after some initial header information. For each new analysis that I perform, possibly a hundred different iterations, a new folder with 20 or so new output files will be created. For info the files are typically as follows: DISP_LS1, DISP_LS2, DISP_LS3, DISP_LS4, DISP_LS5.OUT EQUIV1, EQUIV2, EQUIV3, EQUIV4, EQUIV5.OUT LONGIT1, LONGIT2, LONGIT3, LONGIT4, LONGIT5.OUT REACT_1, REACT_2, REACT_3,...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...