Address Book: FirstName LastName 2 LastName FirstName

Outlook 2003

When my Address Book displays, the names are listed in alpha order
accourding to first names.  How do I get it to display in alpha order by
last names?

Thanks
Ken

0
Ken

Ken Isaacson wrote:
> Outlook 2003
>
> When my Address Book displays, the names are listed in alpha order
> accourding to first names.  How do I get it to display in alpha order
> by last names?
>
> Thanks
> Ken

Tools, e-mail accounts, view or change existing directories or address books
<next>, select Outlook Address Book, press Change, and click "file as" in
"show names by....".

0
lanwench (7567)
11/18/2004 2:19:02 PM
AHA!

Thank you...

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Ken Isaacson wrote:
> > Outlook 2003
> >
> > When my Address Book displays, the names are listed in alpha order
> > accourding to first names.  How do I get it to display in alpha order
> > by last names?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ken
>
> Tools, e-mail accounts, view or change existing directories or address
books
> <next>, select Outlook Address Book, press Change, and click "file as" in
> "show names by....".

0
Ken
11/18/2004 3:15:45 PM
Ken Isaacson wrote:
> AHA!
>
> Thank you...

Most welcome!

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:uxAQRmXzEHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Ken Isaacson wrote:
>>> Outlook 2003
>>>
>>> When my Address Book displays, the names are listed in alpha order
>>> accourding to first names.  How do I get it to display in alpha
>>> order by last names?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Ken
>>
>> Tools, e-mail accounts, view or change existing directories or
>> address books <next>, select Outlook Address Book, press Change, and
>> click "file as" in "show names by....".

0
lanwench (7567)
11/18/2004 5:07:45 PM
Lanwench, how can I change the way the GAL looks using Exchange 2003?  I know
in 2000, there was a script using ADSI that changes display names for
existing users/contacts, but I cannot figure out how to this in 2003.  Please
Help?!

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

chart #2
when i do a chart i can see it until i click on to a cell then the chart goes gray, if i click back on to the chart i can then see the chart Hi Steve, Sounds like you have the Show Placeholders option enabled. Use the menus Tools > Options On the View tab under Objects click Show all steve hills wrote: > when i do a chart i can see it until i click on to a cell > then the chart goes gray, if i click back on to the chart > i can then see the chart -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server #2
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Voucher #2
Hi, 1. - I want to put a Gift Card (Product type Voucher) in a Quote, but when I try to Pick up entire quote, my sale show me an error and don't request the serial number for this product. When I do the same with a product Serialized, when i pick up the quote, the RMS request the serial number for this product. 2. - I want use the product type Voucher as a Debit Card of the Store, but when I sale the voucher, generate a Sale with Tax. When the customer redeems this product, again generate a Sale with tax, this implies that this paying the taxes twice and this is a big issue. Exam...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

RMS 2.0 SO Manager abends after installation on Win 7 Professional
I just installed Win7 Pro on a new disk. I insalled RMS SO 2.0 with SP 2 then 3, then I loaded SP for the SQL server 2005 Express. I can connect to the database with administrator but neither manager nor pos starts. I get the following popup (it's the same error for manager and pos) Store Operations Manager Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface OK I am obviously missing something. I had copied the database from my Vista Business disk which was running fine there. Anybody can point me into the right direction? Thanks in advance Gerd So much for ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Error 0x800CCC92 #2
Trying to receive email I get this error, 0x800CCC92. Everything I have read points to the wrong username and or password. I am using Outlook 2003. The web based email works fine. I have tried resetting up my account and I have tried setting up the account in outlook express and I still get the same error. This just started happening all of a sudden. All of the accounts are set up correctly. I have read microsofts support on this issue. Could anyone lend some advice? Thanks The DR I'm getting the same thing. I can recieve but not sent email. Verizon tells me its a prob...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Excel drop down box #2
I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up customers, I would like to know how and if I can use the keyboard to jump to the customer by typing the frist letters of their name, a If this is a data validation dropdown, it doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html nprice wrote: > I have a drop down box in my file I use to look up > custom...

Exchange Services do not start after server reboot #2
Hi there, I am running Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2K server SP4. Recently i started facing problem of exchange services not starting automatically after a reboot. Even if i try starting manually (Exchange Directory Service) it wont unless i repair the dir.edb file. then after the repair i try to start the Information Store it comes up with errors (Event ids 1120, 5000). I tried repairing the Priv.edb & Pub.edb using esutil and all services started. I came accross this problem 3 times now and 3 time i did the same thing. I am not going to reboot my server now. Does anyone have an...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

How to merge or stitch 2 publications
I have several files in a MS Publisher 97. I'd like to "stitch" them back to front. Is there a way to do so? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Please explain, not sure what you are asking. Are you trying to create a booklet or are you asking about joining separate publications together? Stitching usually refers to binding not joining files...so you got me confusted. :-) -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ov0QYSyWJHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have several file...

Control of what Input Set Shows in Workflow #2
User would like to only have a specific input set show in workflow. Users may have access to multiple but she would only like to show 1 in there that is active or up for approval. ...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

Pivot tables 2 row labels
I am trying to create a pivot table and want to have sales rep names and company as the rows. Is there a way to have the sales rep name repeat everytime with the company instead of how it looks below? I am going to have to use the output of the sheet to do a vlookup on another sheet and in this format I can't make it work. Thanks! Row Labels Jane Doe Company 1 John Doe Company 2 Company 1 Company 3 Company 5 Nope--not if you want to keep it a pivottable. But you could convert to values (or copy|paste values in a different locatio...