address book access

I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access.  I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts, but i can not use my address book. What should I do?
0
anonymous (74722)

Personal address book is local to the machine. It is not stored on the
server which is why you are unable to access it.

"muffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web
access.  I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts, but i can
not use my address book. What should I do?

0
temp2413 (24)

exchange and owa no access via ssl
hi.. have set up exchange 2003 (not sp2). created certificate using MSexchange.org tutorial (owa using your own cert auth) i can access exchange when ssl not selected, but when i switch ssl on i get the certificate pop up, which i approve but then nothing. have also switched on form login this is all currently taking place on the local network and the cert has server name for common name server2.domain.local help would be grately appreciated ...

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

I know nothing about Access
Hello, I know almost nothing about Access. However, i have been put in charge of designing a ratter complex database, which will need to have at least the following features: - merging data from the database into dedicated word templates (mail merge), from within Access on the click of a button Is all of this done easily with MS Access XP? Actually, a pretty big database designed in Foxpro already exists, and my job is to replace it with a more up-to-date version thereof (the version we have is all bugged-up and is unpredictable at times). During the transfer process from the old to the new...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Data Access Page
Hi, I am using a form with a subform. I am trying to create a data access page for this form but the subform is not attaching to the data access page. What could be the problem? Thanks Linda I'm sure you are aware that the ability to create or maintain DAPs was eliminated from Access 2007 but execution support was maintained and that even execution support for DAPs is being elminated from Access 2010. So, if you are running Access 2003, you should be able to create and maintain them. As to details of form/subform combinations in DAPs, someone else would have to he...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

using error handler on access
Hello there I would like to build error handler that works from all the application. To do that i've build function that is being calls from all the vb code in the application by using On error goto: When i enter the function, is there a way to know which sub or function and object called the function? for example: if the error occur on frmClient at event: Form_AfterUpdate, is there a way to know on the function that the event was on object frmClient and the event was Form_AfterUpdate? hi Roy, Roy Goldhammer wrote: > When i enter the function, is there a way to know which s...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Blocked access to attachments
I have upgraded to Microsoft Office XP and use Outlook as my email application. I received emails with attached files from a trusted source. When i attempt to open them I received the following warning, "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment:" 1. Why does this occur? 2. What do I do to get access to the attached file. ...

Urgent: How to block access to all users for administrative purposes?
Hi My mailbox file is at his 16GB limit. I'm now defragmentating the file to be able to mount it again, but I need to restrict the user connections to be able to make some cleaning in the mailboxes. How can I do that without loosing Exchange functionality? Thanks in advance -- Faustino Dina -------------------------------------------------------- If my email address starts with two 'f' drop the first 'f' when mailing me. I dont get it, jsut pull the ethernet cable out. If its at its limit then users cant connect to the databse anyway so what are you talking about? ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

Access to AppData on Vista?
I bought a new computer last summer and it is running Vista Home Premium 64bit. I have a few apps I wrote for personal use that are system tray apps and store their configuration XML files in the AppData folder. These programs have access to create and update those files just fine. However, if I try to copy that XML file (in order to make a backup copy) with an app using File.Copy or in a BAT file using xcopy, Vista tells me I do not have access to the file. Vista never even asks me to grant access. I was able to do this just fine with XP Pro. Is there some way to tell Vista to let me ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Quick Print Setup Security Access
How do you grant access to the SOP Quick Print Setup window in GP 10? We have some users they are getting the error message that says they do not have the correct security privileges. Disregard this question. I found it under System Windows. "Elaine" wrote: > How do you grant access to the SOP Quick Print Setup window in GP 10? We > have some users they are getting the error message that says they do not have > the correct security privileges. Please use the support debugging tool > Security Profiler to easily diagnose the security settings http://dynamicsgpbl...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

Web Money access problem
I apparently messed up my web access of my Money, it tells me there is an error and to contact sys admin. I get a message in Money stating it is more than 90 days old (old data) and starts the wizard to restart it. The problem is that during the wizard it says I have to disable msn bill pay, then when I start to do that it gives all these warnings not to do that. I called bill pay and they said don't cancel it will be difficult to start that all over again. I don't want to have more problems. Question is - how can I get this reset without having to disable bill pay (can'...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

Net book value should be zero when an asset is retired
When an asset is retired and has not been fully depreciated, the net book value is calculated as cost basis less LTD depreciation. Our client believes that this is bad accounting practice. The net book value should be zero when an asset has been retired, even if it has not bee fully depreciated. I understand that when running FA reports it excludes assets with a status of retired, however, when using smartlist > fixed assets book, there is no field to filter out all assets with a status of retired. This makes it difficult for the client to correctly analyse their assets, especial...