Additional email account

If I add an additional email account to my current profile (POP server), how
do I access it? I do not understand how to switch back and forth between
email accounts in the same profile. Do I have to change the default email
account everytime I want to access the other account?

I understand that I can set up another profile, which is what I do. But why
would anyone set up multiple accounts with the same profile if it is
necessary to change the email account to default, close and reopen Outlook.
Or is there a better way?

It's not clear what you mean by "access" or even what version of Outlook =
you're using. Please tell us more.

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Tom James" <tombenjames@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
> If I add an additional email account to my current profile (POP =
server), how=20
> do I access it? I do not understand how to switch back and forth =
between=20
> email accounts in the same profile. Do I have to change the default =
email=20
> account everytime I want to access the other account?
>=20
> I understand that I can set up another profile, which is what I do. =
But why=20
> would anyone set up multiple accounts with the same profile if it is=20
> necessary to change the email account to default, close and reopen =
Outlook.=20
> Or is there a better way?=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
7/29/2006 2:37:43 AM
If you add other email accounts all the mail will be downloaded to your
inbox.
If you wish you can create another folder and use rules to move mail from a
specific account to this folder
When you write a new msg you can choose which account should be used to send
the mail.
How you do this depends on OL version

"Tom James" <tombenjames@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I add an additional email account to my current profile (POP server),
how
> do I access it? I do not understand how to switch back and forth between
> email accounts in the same profile. Do I have to change the default email
> account everytime I want to access the other account?
>
> I understand that I can set up another profile, which is what I do. But
why
> would anyone set up multiple accounts with the same profile if it is
> necessary to change the email account to default, close and reopen
Outlook.
> Or is there a better way?

0
DL

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Getting email into address book
I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, but I have 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, but How to I get them into the address Book...automatically. On 10/18/03 02:45 PM, in article BBB702A6.36E%loey@loeyart.com, "loey@loeyart.com" <loey@loeyart.com> wrote: > I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, The is the most recently used. More info on MRU: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/faqs.html#anchor-10> >but I have > 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, b...

email as attachment
How can I attach an email (with subsequent file attachment or not) to another email? if you have outlook 2007, on the menu, attach item "DeanV" wrote: > How can I attach an email (with subsequent file attachment or not) to another > email? "DeanV" <DeanV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC9F4D4-1530-425C-96B9-47F2FB224885@microsoft.com... > How can I attach an email (with subsequent file attachment or not) to > another > email? Open the new message, then click and drag the old message to the new one to attach ...

Avoiding emails linked automatically to account based on email address
Hi all, When we track an email, we specifically link it to an account by clicking the Regarding button. However, sometimes other accounts have contacts with the same email address as the sender. (This is in the case where a contact is employed by multiple accounts.) As a result, the email is filed in history in multiple places: - Under the account which was explicitly specified in the Regarding button. - But also under contacts with the same email address, even though they belong to other accounts. I know that CRM "smart" links emails to entities based on email addresses but in th...

Non CRM Email Tracked
We used the Rules Deployment Wizard to add rules for all of our CRM Users. Today the CRM Admin email addresses received all emails that these users sent. They did not "Track in CRM" for these emails. There options are sent to track only emails with a CRM Tracking Token. Any idea why all emails are being tracked in CRM? We only want to track emails with the "Track in CRM" button selected. ...

can't receive mail from hotmail.com accounts
I have microsoft outlook 2000 and cannot get any mail from any "hotmail.com" account. I've researched this problem and took EVERY name off my junk/adult sender list but I still can't get any mail from hotmail. Any suggestions? Thanks "Lisa" <keroppi2727@excite.com> wrote in message news:096101c36077$f8358e60$a101280a@phx.gbl > I have microsoft outlook 2000 and cannot get any mail from > any "hotmail.com" account. I've researched this problem > and took EVERY name off my junk/adult sender list but I > still can't get any ma...

How do I send an email in HTML format?
I have created an announcement in HTML that I want to send. How do I send it so that when the recipient opens the email, he sees the email without having to open an attachment? How was the announcement created, and where is it located? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "9Chiens" <9Chiens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:570B7BF3-B350-4A00-AB94-96E73F30D681@microsoft.com... >I have created an announcement in HTML that I want to send. How do I send >it > so that when the recipient opens the ema...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

Unable to Reply or Forward Emails in Outlook 2003
I am receiving the following error when trying to reply to an email in Outlook 2003, "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." When the reply messaged pops up, the from field appears (which it normally does not do, unless selected from the view menu) with my name as the value. If I try to send, I get the error above. If I delete the value (my name) in the from field, it sends without a problem. This is very frustrating as I am the only user. I do not have this problem on other computers nor do I receive the error on OWA. It seem...

Incoming email delayed
I am on an Exchange/Outlook 2000 network. Incoming email does not show up in the inbox until an older, previously viewed email or calendar event or contact is opened. Only is happening on 2 machines. Any suggestions? Aaron ...

Billpay creates its' own account
When I set-up billpay it created a new account. This account was set-up using my primary bank account however it says it is a "check free" account. It takes money out of my primary checking account as it should but it does not synch with my bank account in MSM05 since the account it set up says it is "held" at checkfree. It downloads the paid transactions into the new account which I cannot cut and paste from. This creates a negative balance in this acocunt as there is no money in it and I then have to delete the paid bill after it clears my bank. Has anyone ha...

publisher email as message
When i create a print publication in publisher, the ability to send it as an email "message" is not available. The ability to send it as an attachment is. I am using Publisher 2003 with outlook 2003. On another computer it works fine. I can send any publisher document as a message or attachement. 1. What am i doing wrong. 2. Does Outlook 2003 have to be active for this to work. Hi Mitz, 1. Make sure that Outlook 2003 is your default mail application. Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Settings > Programs Tab and make sure Outlook is selected. 2. If the above d...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...

others can see your emails!!!
Sue, I read your respond, but even when I choose someone else's name I can see all his emails and calenderde items etc.!!!!!!!!! Right. You see all of the items related to that user that are stored in ***your folders***. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ffb01c4808e$985dec20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Sue, I read your respond, but even when I choose someone > else'...

Cannot verify email
I'm trying to retrieve a "reset password" link for another forum. However, the address the reset link was sent to is for some reason demanding I verify my username and password, which means that until I do I cannot recieve the reset link. However I do not know the username or password, and all my guesses were rejected. To test I tried to make a new account where I knew both username and password, but it rejected those as well even though they were correct. Whatever I put in, the window automatically pops back up. Now for some reason I can't even test the new acc...

Email SLOW to show up on NT4 worstation
Server: SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, WINS & DNS pointing to the server, network - TCP/IP 10/100 Clients: XP Pro & NT4 with Outlook 2002 Up to date with service packs and patches Senario: An email is sent to users on the network. XP Pro user opens Outlook and the email pops up within a few seconnds in their Inbox. NT4.0 user opens Outlook and it takes close to 2 minutes before the email shows up in their Inbox. (Received time on the email is the same as the sent time). NT4 - PII 450MHz, 128MB XP - P4 1.7GHz, 256MB Is Outlook checking for received email as soon as it opens or is it on...

Highlighted email changes when I sort by subject
Don't believe it's related to the number of messages we have a user experiencing the same problem the have over 1500 and the behavior is random..... EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Stony Curtis wrote: > Don't believe it's related to the number of messages we have a user > experiencing the same problem the have over 1500 and the behavior is > random..... > > > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.eggheadcafe.com Please be aware that this "egghead cafe" is just a front fo...

Cannot send or receive email from Exchange 2003
Hi, We just moved and have set up static NAT thru our FW. It's basically an internet IP from the outside, coming thru the FW and being mapped to an internal IP. I have tried to send and receive email to now avail. When sending internally, it gets stuck in queue. When sending from another email address to the server I never receive it. I'm at my wits end. FWIW - it's going thru a Cisco FW. I noticed that from the outside I can even ping the outside IP. Possible DNS? These are actually hosted accounts that I'm trying to get to work here in the office. The server...

Can't open links in my email (Outlook 2003)
Hello, I got a problem on my Outlook 2003. Whenever I try to open a link in my email, a message always comes up and says 'this operation has been canceled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' It never happened before..just about a week ago this problem showed up.. I am the only one who uses the computer.. Could you help me with this? Thank you. ...

Barcode Addition
I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? -- Maurice <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have acquired a Truetype barcode font. Is there a way to create and > include address barcodes in or out of Publisher? An article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I would suggest that you read up on barcodes as there is way more to it than having a barcode font.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Sh...

Junk email list
Hello , I get the follwoing message. I amusing outlook 2003. Unable to add to the server Junk email lists, you are over the size allowed on the server. The Junk email filter on the server will be disabled until your Junk Email lists have been reduced to the size allowed on the server. According to microsoft "Description of the improvements and the additions to the Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail Filter features after you apply Office 2003 SP1" Article ID : 842510, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842510#XSLTH3218121121120121120120 I added the registry entry o...

Delete email and the previous email is deleted also
I have a user who is trying to delete emails one at a time. She selects one and only one email and clicks the delete button. The one selected and the one previous are both sent to the deleted folder. When user trys to undelete the previous email that was deleted in error it opens up as if double clicking on it to open. How do I turn off this troublesome feature? ...

Email Attachment flag on History View
Is there a way to add a flag on the history view, so you can see the list of emails and which ones have attachments? It is difficult if you know there is an email with a certain attachment, but have to open each email individually to even find out if there is an attachment. Hi, Solution will involve coding. 1. Create a new field in Email Entity. 2. Create a plug-in for Note (annotation) entity. 3. In plug-in, If regarding entity of note is email then check if note have attached document, if yes, then set the flag in the new custom field of email entity. 4. Add the new custom field on the...

Quarantine email based on attachment file types
Sorry, slightly off Exchange topic but I'm posting it here because you're all email experts. I'm sure some of you know the answer so here it goes: We're using Symantec product for SMTP gateway to filter mail from spam and viruses. This product lacks some features that we need such as: - Quarantine all mail based on (user specified) attachment file types (such as: exe, com, vbs, scr etc) so we can manually inspect them, scan/clean/deliver or permanently drop them if they're no good. - Being able to distinguish between INcoming and OUTgoing mail. Symantec can't tell th...