Adding Shared Folder Shortcut to Outlook Bar

I am using Outlook XP with Exchange Server, running on Windows XP.

One user has a shared calendar that others in the company need to
access, and all can do so using the conventional File: Open: Other
User's Folder... command.

However, we would like to be able to put the link to the shared
calendar as an icon in the Outlook Shortcut bar.

I am able to do it on my PC (by right-clicking in the shortcut bar,
and the shared mailbox of the other user just appears as one of the
choices, under my own, and from there I can expand to see their
calendar). Other users don't see the shared mailbox at all; just their
own mailbox, personal folders, and shared folders.

I cannot figure out what is special about my setup that I am able to
see other people's shared Outlook folders in my folder list.

Any thoughts?

Joseph
0
jbloch (1)

Joseph Bloch wrote:
> I am using Outlook XP with Exchange Server, running on Windows XP.
>
> One user has a shared calendar that others in the company need to
> access, and all can do so using the conventional File: Open: Other
> User's Folder... command.
>
> However, we would like to be able to put the link to the shared
> calendar as an icon in the Outlook Shortcut bar.
>
> I am able to do it on my PC (by right-clicking in the shortcut bar,
> and the shared mailbox of the other user just appears as one of the
> choices, under my own, and from there I can expand to see their
> calendar). Other users don't see the shared mailbox at all; just their
> own mailbox, personal folders, and shared folders.
>
> I cannot figure out what is special about my setup that I am able to
> see other people's shared Outlook folders in my folder list.

I presume you can see the other mailbox listed in your folder list - this
has been added in your Exchange server service in your mail profile. Is it
the same for the others? Sounds like it isn't...

If not - grant the delegate at least 'reviewer' rights to the root of the
other mailbox in Outlook. Then in the delegate's Outlook, go to the
properties of the Exchange server service, advanced tab, and add the other
mailbox there - it will now show up in their folder list.

> Any thoughts?
>
> Joseph

0
lanwench (7567)

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Adding Comments
I want to have a macro that will add a comment box to all the cells that the interior color index = 6. Anyone have any ideas? TIA, Kim It's pretty straightforward... what should the comment box say? Kim, Her is an example that works on the current selection. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADBFB17-F6B2-4E6C-89F5-95AE74DC68DA@microsoft.com... > I want to have a macro that will add a comment box to all the cells that the > interior color index = 6. Anyone have...

Outlook 2003

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

Lock cell in a shared workbook
Hi, I want to lock few cell in a shared workbook and want to expand the area of lock cells on daily basis. One of the things that is disabled in shared workbooks is the ability to change the protection of a worksheet. Raj wrote: > > Hi, > I want to lock few cell in a shared workbook and want to expand the area of > lock cells on daily basis. -- Dave Peterson ...

Folders
Windows 7 64-bit In my folder list, at the top I have: Inbox Drafts Sent items Junk e-mail Deleted items Outbox Storage folders Drafts Sent items Deleted items Local Folders... When I delete mail, most all go to the first "Deleted items" folder. However, there are a few that go to the Deleted Items folder under "Storage folders". Why, and why do I need those extra folders, even the "Storage Folders" ??? Earl That top set are specific to your mail account. Each mail account that you set up in WLM ...

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

adding rows to formula reference
I'm using Excel 2002, what I'd like to do is have a formula, say B4 and when I copy down instead of going to B5 I want it to be say B11. So something like B4+7 but not the value of B4 +7. I wasn't sure if this is possible and I can't seem to find a definite answer. -Matt ...

Share Workbooks and Comments
Can anyone help me with this one... I have a simple spreadsheet which is shared and resides on a server. Apprx 6 people access and modify the sheet and save their modifications back to the server. No 2 people ever change the same cell so there are never any conflicts. The problem I have is that often the comments in a cell do not upload to the server. The user is unaware of this util he closes and re-opens the workbook to find that all of his changes have been saved but none of his comments. I have been getting the users to make their own copy at the end of the day and if they e-mail that c...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...