Adding Shared Folder Shortcut to Outlook Bar

I am using Outlook XP with Exchange Server, running on Windows XP.

One user has a shared calendar that others in the company need to
access, and all can do so using the conventional File: Open: Other
User's Folder... command.

However, we would like to be able to put the link to the shared
calendar as an icon in the Outlook Shortcut bar.

I am able to do it on my PC (by right-clicking in the shortcut bar,
and the shared mailbox of the other user just appears as one of the
choices, under my own, and from there I can expand to see their
calendar). Other users don't see the shared mailbox at all; just their
own mailbox, personal folders, and shared folders.

I cannot figure out what is special about my setup that I am able to
see other people's shared Outlook folders in my folder list.

Any thoughts?

Joseph
0
jbloch (1)

Joseph Bloch wrote:
> I am using Outlook XP with Exchange Server, running on Windows XP.
>
> One user has a shared calendar that others in the company need to
> access, and all can do so using the conventional File: Open: Other
> User's Folder... command.
>
> However, we would like to be able to put the link to the shared
> calendar as an icon in the Outlook Shortcut bar.
>
> I am able to do it on my PC (by right-clicking in the shortcut bar,
> and the shared mailbox of the other user just appears as one of the
> choices, under my own, and from there I can expand to see their
> calendar). Other users don't see the shared mailbox at all; just their
> own mailbox, personal folders, and shared folders.
>
> I cannot figure out what is special about my setup that I am able to
> see other people's shared Outlook folders in my folder list.

I presume you can see the other mailbox listed in your folder list - this
has been added in your Exchange server service in your mail profile. Is it
the same for the others? Sounds like it isn't...

If not - grant the delegate at least 'reviewer' rights to the root of the
other mailbox in Outlook. Then in the delegate's Outlook, go to the
properties of the Exchange server service, advanced tab, and add the other
mailbox there - it will now show up in their folder list.

> Any thoughts?
>
> Joseph

0
lanwench (7567)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

Public folders calendar question
We use the global calendar quite frequently and now have begun to set up department public calendars. We want those deparment calendars to update the global calendar is this possible or are there better solutions. We are running SBS 2003 Premium (Exchange 03, outlook 03) Thanks ...

ADDING A NUMBER

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

Another Outlook Question
Whenever I compose a message the window always is small and I have to maximize this. Is there a way to have thw window always be large? Thanks and may God bless you John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). "Jeremiah" <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote in message news:OU8Jd2dJGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Whenever I compose a message the win...

wizards does not popup system menu on righ clicking title bar
When property pages are set to wizard mode by calling SetWizardMode()System menu( Move & close menu ) is not displayed on right clicking the title bar. I have set to ws_sysmenu | Ws_CAPTION in the resource though. If i dont set it wizard mode property pages display system menu. Problem occurs only in the wizards ? Any help appreciated .. ...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Flagging in Public Folders
My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged for later inspection. Any ideas? Simon Beresford, MCP IT Support Engineer Expert Systems Ltd e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk w: www.expertsystems.co.uk t: +44(0)870 4296181 f: +44(0)870 4296182 the Total IT Service what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

No Signatures in Outlook from Multiple Addresses in Exchange 2003
I have recently moved all 8 of my domains' e-mail to an in-house Exchange 2003 Server. I can receive and send on all accounts just fine. However, when I go to reply to any message from the Exch03 Server in Outlook 03 and change the 'Send From' account to any of the accounts, the signatures that I had created for each address ins't inserted into the reply message. Specific example - I host 8 domains on this Exch03 Server - mydomain1, mydomain2, mydomain3, etc. I had someone send me a test message to me@mydomain.com and received it through above server just fine. I wan...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Outlook and Hotmail?
I have been using Outlook (Office XP) to read my Hotmail email for quite some time. Until a couple of days ago, I never had a problem doing this. Now, when I open my Hotmail Inbox in Outlook, my messages are there, but I cannot read them. When I click on a message, it does not display in the preview pane, and when I double click it, I get a message from Outlook that says: "The server does not support the required HTTP method. The server responded, "Not Implemented". " I am connected to Hotmail, and even click File, "Connect to Hotmail" just to make sure. My...

Folders not set to AutoArchive default.
All the Outlook folders on my system are set to "Do not archive items in this folder". Since I have hundreds of folders it is a tedious process going to each folder and changing the AutoArchive setting to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings". Is there a way to set all the folders to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" without having to do each one separately? Also, is there a way to set up Outlook so all new folders are created with the AutoArchive set to "Archive items in this folder using the default sett...

Cannot Restore Folder in Outlook Express Windows 98
Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities (where all my other Outlook Express folders are located) using Windows Explorer. I also removed the read only designation. The folder and mail files appear in Windows Explorer now, but I cannot find them in Outlook Express. Can any one help me? Mary M wrote: > Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up > and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application > Data\Identities (where all my other...

Outlook help #4
When using Outlook i am able to receive mail in my inbox but when I am attempting to send mail it only goes to my outbox and gives me an error. The error reads as follows: Task "bellsout.net- Sending' reported error (0x8004210B): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' On 10/22/2003 4:02 PM, Mr. Davis wrote: > When using Outlook i am able to receive mail in my inbox > but when I am attempting to send mail it onl...

OWA
Hi all! Is there any chance to enable Reply, Reply To All, and Forward buttons in Public Folders in OWA? Thanx for any hint! -- R.V. You can do this in Exchange 2003 as long as you have a front-end server. IIRC, this is a new feature in Exchange 2003 and not available in previous versions. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Radovan Vojtek" <RadovanVojtek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B81446C-73C1-428B-80CC-119B4667C2C4@microsoft.com... > Hi all! > > Is there any chance to en...