Adding Namespaces to Outlook Possible?

I'm a developer that have on a number of occasions written namespace
extentions for the windows shell (Windows Explorer).  I have a need to do
something similar with Outlook.  I would like to be able to write a
namespace extention to Outlook allowing me to add a hierarchy to the tree or
folder view and handle the listview myself.  Just like a namespace extention
in windows explorer.

I have done some internet searches and come up empty so my guess is that
this is not supported or documented.  However if it is possible and the
interfaces are named and documented then this would be a real bonus.

Does anyone know?

Rgds Bryan.

0
bryan9574 (1)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

outlook 2000 #94
outlook shuts down when trying to recover items from the deleted items folder. Morgan Try looking at this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;196863&Product=out2K >-----Original Message----- >outlook shuts down when trying to recover items from the >deleted items folder. > > >Morgan >. > ...

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

Another Outlook Question
Whenever I compose a message the window always is small and I have to maximize this. Is there a way to have thw window always be large? Thanks and may God bless you John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). "Jeremiah" <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote in message news:OU8Jd2dJGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Whenever I compose a message the win...

Outlook 2003 on XP RPC error
After installing Outlook 2003 on an XP system that was connecting to Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP just fine, I get an error starting Outlook stating "A system component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. For more information, contact your system administrator." When I click OK, I get "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Then a box to confirm the name comes up and when I click check name I get "The name could not be ...

When adding attachments...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Outlook and Hotmail?
I have been using Outlook (Office XP) to read my Hotmail email for quite some time. Until a couple of days ago, I never had a problem doing this. Now, when I open my Hotmail Inbox in Outlook, my messages are there, but I cannot read them. When I click on a message, it does not display in the preview pane, and when I double click it, I get a message from Outlook that says: "The server does not support the required HTTP method. The server responded, "Not Implemented". " I am connected to Hotmail, and even click File, "Connect to Hotmail" just to make sure. My...

How do I get two sets of contacts in Outlook
I want to dump all my Act! contacts into a seperate database of contacts that is different from my current contacts in Outlook 2003. How do I do this?? Thanks in advance! You can create a separate folder for for the new contacts, or you put them in the main Contacts folder and use categories or some other criteria to group or filter the Act contacts when needed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:7EC0E28A-4F04-445E-9C31-560D203988CA@microsoft.com, ...

Is it possible to stop a user from posting?
Hello to all, I'm adding a trigger to the "Post" button on the Payables Transaction Entry screen, that will do some custom validation and if it fail, should prevent the user to post the transaction. I can add the trigger without any difficulty, the only thing that I can't figure out is how to prevent the post. Can anyone help me please. -- Best regards, Sergio Romero Sergio Because you say "trigger" I assume you are using Dexterity. If this is the case, please make sure that you are using a Focus trigger running before the change script of the Post Butt...

Outlook help #4
When using Outlook i am able to receive mail in my inbox but when I am attempting to send mail it only goes to my outbox and gives me an error. The error reads as follows: Task "bellsout.net- Sending' reported error (0x8004210B): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' On 10/22/2003 4:02 PM, Mr. Davis wrote: > When using Outlook i am able to receive mail in my inbox > but when I am attempting to send mail it onl...

Cannot Restore Folder in Outlook Express Windows 98
Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities (where all my other Outlook Express folders are located) using Windows Explorer. I also removed the read only designation. The folder and mail files appear in Windows Explorer now, but I cannot find them in Outlook Express. Can any one help me? Mary M wrote: > Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up > and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application > Data\Identities (where all my other...

How to export Notes from Outlook?
I'm trying to export my Notes from Outlook 2010. I have managed to get some information into a CSV file but all I have are the headings for the notes -- the bodies of the notes are missing. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? With thanks, Gerry On May 16, 12:11=A0pm, Gerry Wolff <gerrywolf...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to export my Notes from Outlook 2010. I have managed to get > some information into a CSV file but all I have are the headings for > the notes -- the bodies of the notes are missing. > > Does anyone know of a solution to this prob...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...