adding my school MS exchange account to Outlook 2010

Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the
info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is
there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via
online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login
so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be
nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school
account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook.

Thanks in advance for any help in this
JLMJR

JLMJR wrote:
> Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to
> the
> info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab.
> Is
> there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it
> only via
> online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live
> login
> so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would
> be
> nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school
> account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help in this
> JLMJR
It should work in Outlook. Use Outlook's autodiscover to set up the
account - enter your name, email address, and password and let outlook
try to find the settings. If it doesn't work, you need to ask your email
administrator for the settings.

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Slipstick
5/20/2010 3:13:59 AM
JLMJR wrote:

> Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the
> info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is
> there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via
> online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login
> so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be
> nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school
> account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help in this
> JLMJR

Forums for Microsoft Office 2010
(still beta to non-subscribers of Technet or MSDN)

For IT professionals:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/officeitpro/

Everyone else:
http://answers.microsoft.com/office/

Enjoy their inane web-based forum solutions for accessing help from the
user community.  Microsoft is leaving Usenet where they are impotent to
exercise control.  See http://preview.tinyurl.com/ms-leaves-usenet.
0
VanguardLH

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

Exchange 2003 with multiple site
Hi, I have one domain and one Exchange 2003 server. Now we want to introduce another Exchange 2003 server as a replication server. Can we do that? The resion we want to do this so some people can access there email via Outlook express or on there Cell phone using POP3 client. Thanks You can't simply "replicate" Exchange servers. you would need to implement some 3rd party software to do this. Warning - it isn't cheap. Is there some reason they can't access the existing server via IMAP or POP3? Why do you need to install another server just for that? -- Ben Winze...

Another Outlook Question
Whenever I compose a message the window always is small and I have to maximize this. Is there a way to have thw window always be large? Thanks and may God bless you John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). "Jeremiah" <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote in message news:OU8Jd2dJGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Whenever I compose a message the win...

email accounts
I've Just created a new, second email account, using a different email address with the same username and password my isp gave me when I set up my first one. The problem is how can I see the new accounts emails? I've sent emails to the new account but when I try to access them using "Windows Mail" (I'm running Vista) I get nothing? If I send an email from my first account to my first account it comes through ok! Help I'm Baffled!!!! -- omer Back up, Bucko. Did you create this new email address on your own or did you work with your ISP to create it?...

Outlook 2003 on XP RPC error
After installing Outlook 2003 on an XP system that was connecting to Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP just fine, I get an error starting Outlook stating "A system component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. For more information, contact your system administrator." When I click OK, I get "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Then a box to confirm the name comes up and when I click check name I get "The name could not be ...

When adding attachments...

Incorrect Account Value
I'm using money 2003 and it seems that my account values for my investment accounts are incorrect. When I look in my portfolio the stocks and cash add up to the total account value (this figure is correct), but when I look at the totals on the main accounts list page the # is quite different. I understand that this number is coming from the account value total which is displayed when you click on view invetment transactions within each account, but this # is incorrect. Any suggestions?? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, E M wrote: >I'm using money 2003 and it seems th...

Moving User from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a user who has a big mailbox 796,269kb. its been running 1 horu and 48 min. from past 30 min it is saying "saving changes to the directory". and its 100%. can any one tell me is it normal or its an indication of a problem. thanks -- Curious MCSE, CCNP Curious wrote: > I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with > exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a > use...

Error message on closing Outlook #2
I am getting the following error message when closing Outlook: The instruction at "0x77f83907" referenced memory at "0x009a4d4c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program I have tried the Microsft Online help but it wouldn't accept my product number so I wondered if anyone else had encountered such an error. I would like to know what it's doing! cheers ...

Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages.
How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages. -- "J. J." JDJ <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote: > How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in > incoming HTML messages. I would think that the sender controls the text size for incoming HTML messages. -- Brian Tillman On the View Drop Down of an open message window there is a Text Size menu bar which when you mouse on it gives you 5 choices. I just want it to default to largest so I don't have to go through that with each new message I read. ...

Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.
Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact and an Account? Yes, except for tasks. With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would be in the Recipient field. If there is a "JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51AC9E41-31C6-44A7-AEC9-CBD40A330231@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact > and an Account? ...

Exchange 5.5 POP3 Connector?
Hi i would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POP3 Connector for Exchange 5.5. Most Connectors work with 2000/2003. I really have a huge problem in that our Exchange Server 5.5 is purely used for internal company email. All have POP3 Accounts that send and receive externally. Because our Exchange 5.5 Server is not on the Internet we have a problem when external sources save our addresses and it shows with a .local extension instead of our POP3 registered .com extension. Is there a way of not having to choose which account whether it is external or internal in Outlook knowing i...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Suspect Employee
We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email policy. Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? I do not have his password because they are forced to change it every 60 days. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:06:01 -0700, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email >policy. > >Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? > >I do not have his password because they are forced to chan...

Exchange SBS2003
Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I began to notice that we couldnt recieve new emails, but we are still able to send them out. When I looked at the monitoring it says "critical State" "stopped". I checked all the setting that I know of, restarted the MTA then I restarted the whole computer and still doesnt work. Can anyone help. "=?Utf-8?B?RGltYQ==?=" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:260D1406-B154-42E4-8AAD-4814202EDFBC@microsoft.com: > Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I began to > not...

Outlook and Hotmail?
I have been using Outlook (Office XP) to read my Hotmail email for quite some time. Until a couple of days ago, I never had a problem doing this. Now, when I open my Hotmail Inbox in Outlook, my messages are there, but I cannot read them. When I click on a message, it does not display in the preview pane, and when I double click it, I get a message from Outlook that says: "The server does not support the required HTTP method. The server responded, "Not Implemented". " I am connected to Hotmail, and even click File, "Connect to Hotmail" just to make sure. My...