adding email text to a new task in office 2003.

Hello everyone.
In Office 2000 when you selected an email to be added to a
task you could select text only and all the text would be
copied into the new task, including the body text of the
email. Now in Office 2003 I can only seem to include the
To, From and the subject line fields in the new task. Is
there a way to also include the body of the email without
copy and past exercise.
I hope there is an answer to this and gets a PA off my
back
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74725)

is the message in the same message store as you are saving the task to? Do
you know if you are using an ANSI format (compatible with Ol97/2002) or
Unicode format pst?

does it work if you drag and drop the message to the task folder (or task
button in the Navigation pane)?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Gman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone.
> In Office 2000 when you selected an email to be added to a
> task you could select text only and all the text would be
> copied into the new task, including the body text of the
> email. Now in Office 2003 I can only seem to include the
> To, From and the subject line fields in the new task. Is
> there a way to also include the body of the email without
> copy and past exercise.
> I hope there is an answer to this and gets a PA off my
> back
> Thanks.

0
info2937 (567)
4/13/2004 3:20:39 AM
Thanks for your reply.
ok
Message is on the same store using exchange 2003.
Not trying to put email from pst file but directly from
exchange server.
Works sometimes when drag and drop the message to the task
folder, but interesting if you use insert item from a new
task the same email message does not copy the message
text.
Plain text messages are ok it only seems to be some HTML
messages, but not all, and I can not see any difference in
the format of the messages theat do and dont.
This is starting to do my head in.

Thanks again.

Guide)

http://www.slipstick.com

>"Gman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Hello everyone.
>> In Office 2000 when you selected an email to be added
to a
>> task you could select text only and all the text would
be
>> copied into the new task, including the body text of the
>> email. Now in Office 2003 I can only seem to include the
>> To, From and the subject line fields in the new task. Is
>> there a way to also include the body of the email
without
>> copy and past exercise.
>> I hope there is an answer to this and gets a PA off my
>> back
>> Thanks.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74725)
4/13/2004 4:21:26 AM
I think you can quit scratching, it sounds like it's bug... <g>

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Thanks for your reply.
> ok
> Message is on the same store using exchange 2003.
> Not trying to put email from pst file but directly from
> exchange server.
> Works sometimes when drag and drop the message to the task
> folder, but interesting if you use insert item from a new
> task the same email message does not copy the message
> text.
> Plain text messages are ok it only seems to be some HTML
> messages, but not all, and I can not see any difference in
> the format of the messages theat do and dont.
> This is starting to do my head in.
>
> Thanks again.

0
info2937 (567)
4/13/2004 4:30:39 AM
Thanks for your time

0
anonymous (74725)

Stationery missing when sending email via code
Hi In outlook I have set stationery and signatures under 'Mail Format' tab. The problem is when I send email from another application via code such as Set OutlookApp = New Outlook.Application Set EM = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) The email ignores the stationery. What is the problem and how can I make the stationery work even when mail is sent via code? Many Thanks Regards See Eric's sample at = http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archive/2005/07/21/7581.aspx --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Us...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Archiving of Email
I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when employees leave, but still have an archived version of the mail.To me, once the user is gone, the mailbox becomes orphaned. Can anyone please help me with suggestions and advise? On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:33:02 -0700, DP <DP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails >form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when >employees leave, but still ha...

emailed report is blank
I want to email a report that will send info on the record that was just filled out and also save and clear the record for the next person. I have a couple problems. 1. the record is blank when it arrives in the email 2. the info is not erased. I have a button that "on click" has a macro attached to run the report and send it but I am not sure why the report is blank and where to put the code to clear the form. ...

HTML emails hang on forwards/replies
We send out HTML wrapped emails to our clients quite often and they need to be reviewed. Reviewing them warrants that they get forwarded or replied to. Every time we try Outlook (XP) hangs. I've noticed that if we turn off MS Word as the email editor it works. But turning that off messes up the formatting of the original email body. When viewing these emails the entire body of the email is filled. The background color changes etc. They look great but really confuse MS Word when trying to reply or forward. I've told folks to turn off MS Word email editor temporarily when they ha...

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

Opportunity URL in email notification
Hi guys! I have this idea: Everytime an new ooprtunity is created, I'd like to automatically sent an email to my users. To accomplish that, I created a field in the opportunity entity called new_url (type is url). I included these 2 lines in the forms's OnSave() event: crmForm.all.new_url.DataValue = "http://crmserver/ourCRM/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id=" + crmForm.ObjectId; crmForm.all.new_url.ForceSubmit = true; Finally, I created a workflow that sends an email with the field URL (new_url) in the body of the message. So far, so good. But when we get the email (using O...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...

Text to Column #4
Hello, I have the following text in column A, which is one line: :! 10428712 ! NAME LASTNAME ! 20092004 ! 00458921 ! PMIAVW ! Is it possible with a VBA macro to create a column everytime there's "!" and to delete ":" Thanks for any help, You're going to have to find out what those characters are. I like Chip Pearson's addin: CellView http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm to tell me those funny characters. Then you could use a macro to clean them up: Option Explicit Sub cleanEmUp() Dim myBadChars As Variant Dim iCtr As Lon...

not receiving email
I recently installed Windows 7 32 bit on my computer. I configured my website's email address for POP3 access through my cpanel and created the account for it in Windows Live Mail (as I've done several times before). I cannot receive or send email at all. This has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have webmail access to the account? Can you send from there? How long has it been since you setup the account? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "AM" <AM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CFA063-D089-4491-94D0-449B4F923C88@microso...

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

ADDING A NUMBER

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

When adding attachments...

OS X Leopard and Office 2004 Student Ed
I've just upgraded to OS X Leopard and now none of my Office 2004 applications will work I click on the icons be it in the dock or in the applications folder and the programmes will not load... All the icon in the dock does is move to acknowledge it has been opened then nothing happens, the programme fails to open altogether. What can I do to help rectify this problem?! Seeing as a =A375 upgrade is now making an =A385 application stop working! Info from Console's system log Dec 31 20:06:19 Macintosh /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/ Versions/A/Support/LaunchCFMApp[189]:...

emails in inbox disappeared. How to get them back?
"Christine French" <ChristineFrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FA97BA-EEF5-4780-9902-3158D68B06A6@microsoft.com... > Please write your DETAILED (including version of Outlook, type of email account, Windows version and Service pack level) question in this BIG WHITE SPACE. Thank you. Try View-Current View-Messages ...

Outlook 2003 on XP RPC error
After installing Outlook 2003 on an XP system that was connecting to Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP just fine, I get an error starting Outlook stating "A system component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. For more information, contact your system administrator." When I click OK, I get "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Then a box to confirm the name comes up and when I click check name I get "The name could not be ...

email accounts
I've Just created a new, second email account, using a different email address with the same username and password my isp gave me when I set up my first one. The problem is how can I see the new accounts emails? I've sent emails to the new account but when I try to access them using "Windows Mail" (I'm running Vista) I get nothing? If I send an email from my first account to my first account it comes through ok! Help I'm Baffled!!!! -- omer Back up, Bucko. Did you create this new email address on your own or did you work with your ISP to create it?...

adding new records

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...