Adding email addresess to contacts

Is here a way to extract the individual email addresses (CC:'s) in an
email addressed to me into contacts?
Thanks
Jerry
0
ranchjp (32)

Yes. Open the email. Right click each name as it appears in the grey top
section of the email. Select Add to Contacts.  This assumes you have 2002 or
2003 - you didn't tell us your version.

--

Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

"Jerome Ranch" <ranchjp@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Is here a way to extract the individual email addresses (CC:'s) in an
> email addressed to me into contacts?
> Thanks
> Jerry

0
gleeson_judy (321)
5/19/2006 11:44:15 AM
It should work in any message. Or you can get an addin to extract addresses
automatically
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#data
--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook" <gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes. Open the email. Right click each name as it appears in the grey top
> section of the email. Select Add to Contacts.  This assumes you have 2002
> or 2003 - you didn't tell us your version.
>
> --
>
> Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook
> Acorn Training and Consulting
> www.acorntraining.com.au
>
> Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
> Chooser and Group by Box!!
>

> "Jerome Ranch" <ranchjp@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> Is here a way to extract the individual email addresses (CC:'s) in an
>> email addressed to me into contacts?
>> Thanks
>> Jerry

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/19/2006 11:58:28 AM
2003, Judy
Yes the right click on the email addy gave me some choices including
add to contacts
Thanks
Jerry

On Fri, 19 May 2006 21:44:15 +1000, "Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook"
<gleeson_judy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Yes. Open the email. Right click each name as it appears in the grey top
>section of the email. Select Add to Contacts.  This assumes you have 2002 or
>2003 - you didn't tell us your version.
0
ranchjp (32)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Stationery missing when sending email via code
Hi In outlook I have set stationery and signatures under 'Mail Format' tab. The problem is when I send email from another application via code such as Set OutlookApp = New Outlook.Application Set EM = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) The email ignores the stationery. What is the problem and how can I make the stationery work even when mail is sent via code? Many Thanks Regards See Eric's sample at = http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archive/2005/07/21/7581.aspx --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Us...

Contacts
Is there a way to create a household contact For example, I have one common home phone number, email address, and street address for a couple in my contact list. I would like to enter individual names and birthday dates but only one anniversary date and have all dates show up on my calendar If possible, can this idea be expanded to childrens names and birthdays fo rthe same household? ...

Archiving of Email
I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when employees leave, but still have an archived version of the mail.To me, once the user is gone, the mailbox becomes orphaned. Can anyone please help me with suggestions and advise? On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:33:02 -0700, DP <DP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails >form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when >employees leave, but still ha...

emailed report is blank
I want to email a report that will send info on the record that was just filled out and also save and clear the record for the next person. I have a couple problems. 1. the record is blank when it arrives in the email 2. the info is not erased. I have a button that "on click" has a macro attached to run the report and send it but I am not sure why the report is blank and where to put the code to clear the form. ...

HTML emails hang on forwards/replies
We send out HTML wrapped emails to our clients quite often and they need to be reviewed. Reviewing them warrants that they get forwarded or replied to. Every time we try Outlook (XP) hangs. I've noticed that if we turn off MS Word as the email editor it works. But turning that off messes up the formatting of the original email body. When viewing these emails the entire body of the email is filled. The background color changes etc. They look great but really confuse MS Word when trying to reply or forward. I've told folks to turn off MS Word email editor temporarily when they ha...

Opportunity URL in email notification
Hi guys! I have this idea: Everytime an new ooprtunity is created, I'd like to automatically sent an email to my users. To accomplish that, I created a field in the opportunity entity called new_url (type is url). I included these 2 lines in the forms's OnSave() event: crmForm.all.new_url.DataValue = "http://crmserver/ourCRM/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id=" + crmForm.ObjectId; crmForm.all.new_url.ForceSubmit = true; Finally, I created a workflow that sends an email with the field URL (new_url) in the body of the message. So far, so good. But when we get the email (using O...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...

not receiving email
I recently installed Windows 7 32 bit on my computer. I configured my website's email address for POP3 access through my cpanel and created the account for it in Windows Live Mail (as I've done several times before). I cannot receive or send email at all. This has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have webmail access to the account? Can you send from there? How long has it been since you setup the account? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "AM" <AM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CFA063-D089-4491-94D0-449B4F923C88@microso...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

emails in inbox disappeared. How to get them back?
"Christine French" <ChristineFrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FA97BA-EEF5-4780-9902-3158D68B06A6@microsoft.com... > Please write your DETAILED (including version of Outlook, type of email account, Windows version and Service pack level) question in this BIG WHITE SPACE. Thank you. Try View-Current View-Messages ...

email accounts
I've Just created a new, second email account, using a different email address with the same username and password my isp gave me when I set up my first one. The problem is how can I see the new accounts emails? I've sent emails to the new account but when I try to access them using "Windows Mail" (I'm running Vista) I get nothing? If I send an email from my first account to my first account it comes through ok! Help I'm Baffled!!!! -- omer Back up, Bucko. Did you create this new email address on your own or did you work with your ISP to create it?...

adding new records

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...

Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.
Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact and an Account? Yes, except for tasks. With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would be in the Recipient field. If there is a "JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51AC9E41-31C6-44A7-AEC9-CBD40A330231@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact > and an Account? ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Suspect Employee
We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email policy. Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? I do not have his password because they are forced to change it every 60 days. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:06:01 -0700, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email >policy. > >Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? > >I do not have his password because they are forced to chan...

Retrieving deleted email #2
How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover deleted item? I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my email address about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for all your help ccfelice@gmail.com <ccfelice@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed > that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover > deleted item? I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my > email address about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for al...

I don't have a "drop down" arrow to choose an email
I have Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) Corporate or Workgroup I have 4 email addresses that I want to use. When sending an email, how do I have the opportunity to choose which account it is from? I don't have a drop down arrow, nor a "send email using" option.. HELP! If I recall correctly those options don't exist in Outlook 2000. Can you upgrade to a newer version? Outlook XP (2002) and 2003 both include a "Send Using" capability that is quite good. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable ...

Email Archiving Best Practices
Can anyone recommend an Email Archiving Best Practices quide. We need to implement policy to control our every growing information stores. We want to creat policy for quotas, migrating email, retention etc. I am looking for a good resource document to jump start our effort. Thanks, Mike I'm not aware of any best practice because practices vary so greatly, with none being "best" because it depends on your own business requirements. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wr...