Addind email address problem

I am having a terrible time trying to add an email to outlook. Please help me
:P LOL

Once I have all the information in and click test I get a pop up with this
information:

Enter Network Password:

Server:
User Name:
Password:
Then you can click ok or cancle.
This has the information I put in for the email account information.

What do I do? If I click ok it just keeps coming up. If I click cancel it
won't work.

Thanks for any help :)

0
bubbles (3)

If this is for company email, contact your IT people.
If it's for home use, give us your internet provider (ISP) name. Someone may
be able to give you a link to your ISP support site.

"Bubbles" <Bubbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a terrible time trying to add an email to outlook. Please help
>me
> :P LOL
>
> Once I have all the information in and click test I get a pop up with this
> information:
>
> Enter Network Password:
>
> Server:
> User Name:
> Password:
> Then you can click ok or cancle.
> This has the information I put in for the email account information.
>
> What do I do? If I click ok it just keeps coming up. If I click cancel it
> won't work.
>
> Thanks for any help :)

0
John
3/3/2009 10:33:02 PM
Thank you. Ya, I just sent an email to my IT and asked them for help. Its one
of my business emails.

Thanks again :)

"John" wrote:

> If this is for company email, contact your IT people.
> If it's for home use, give us your internet provider (ISP) name. Someone may
> be able to give you a link to your ISP support site.
>
> "Bubbles" <Bubbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a terrible time trying to add an email to outlook. Please help
> >me
> > :P LOL
> >
> > Once I have all the information in and click test I get a pop up with this
> > information:
> >
> > Enter Network Password:
> >
> > Server:
> > User Name:
> > Password:
> > Then you can click ok or cancle.
> > This has the information I put in for the email account information.
> >
> > What do I do? If I click ok it just keeps coming up. If I click cancel it
> > won't work.
> >
> > Thanks for any help :)

0
bubbles (3)

how do I set up my email to view in outlook?
Ok, I've tried unsucessfully a million times to link outlook to my email account. I've tried with my hotmail account and now I am trying with my cox address and I obviously don't know what I'm doing. can someone please put me out of my misery?! Struggling wrote: > Ok, I've tried unsucessfully a million times to link outlook to my email > account. I've tried with my hotmail account and now I am trying with my cox > address and I obviously don't know what I'm doing. can someone please put me > out of my misery?! Call tech support at Cox. You&...

Emailing contacts?
Is it possible to email contacts from outlook 2000 to outlook 2002? Please help? Yes, you can insert them as Outlook items in messages or forward them as vCards, but why? Just copy them to a PST file and open that PST file in the other installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cd5c01c4391c$e7d24080$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to email contacts from outlook 2000 to > outlook 2002? Please help? ...

[newbie] CDatabase problem
Hi, I use CDatabase to connect to my SQL server databases, but I encounter the following problems: 1. Although I provide the following connection string, the ODBC driver always opens a window and asks the user to provide more information: ODBC;DSN=SQLEXPRESS;UID=Peter;Trusted_Connection=Yes;APP=TODO: "Product name";WSID=MYPC I just can't figure out why... 2. The next step is to create a specific database on this server (if not already existant) and to create a new table in this database (again, if not already existant). I use SQL statements for that: db.ExecuteSQL("IF...

Sending Blank Email
Hello, we are having an issue were some email recipients are receiving the emails from out exchange server but the body of the email is blank. This is not an issue with most recipients but a handful of people are recieving email with blank message body from our exchange 2003 server. We recently applied SP2 and we are using Trend Micro's Messaging Suite 3.0-SP1. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance Aaron Are the users with this problem consistently the same? Anything consistent about the types of email, for example are they formatted as HTML? Have considered disabling...

save emails from group email address into group email sent items
Is it possible to get emails that I send from a group/shared email address to saved into the Sent Items folder for that group email? It saves the emails but only in my personal Sent Items folder. Tools-> Options-> E-mail Options...-> Advanced E-mail Options...-> In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with original message -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- ...

Outlook problem #49
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/maincatalog.aspx When deleting mail I got in my junk folder outlook 2003 hung and when I reported I got a message that an update was available for outlook and to check at this link. I did and it said nothing so I'm wondering if this is a real link to office update web site or someone's dirty trick. XP Pro <daggerpad@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/maincatalog.aspx > > When deleting mail I got in my junk folder outlook 2003 hung and when > I reported I got a message that an update w...

Promoting/Tracking email as response to campaign
I am trying to figure out how to track/promote an email received as a response to a campaign. I understand how to configure the system to track REPLIES to the original email campaign activity as a response and this works fine. What I am trying to do is link a non-replied email to a campaign as a response. In other words someone sends me an email created by them (not a reply to a the original email) and I want to record that as a response to a campaign. If I click the track in crm button and put the campaign id in the regarding field it still doesn't show as a response. Any idea...

Collection of email address from email headers in Outlook 2003
Can Outlook 2003 search for all names and addresses from email headers inside Inbox and add to Contacts? I lost my Contacts but I have all emails in my IMAP Inbox and wondering if there is a way to rebuild my Contacts. Can someone please help me. Bilal There are 3rd party addins that will do this -- see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm for a list. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bilal Muddassir" wrote: > Can Outlook 2...

Problem with outlook 2003 copying messages to sent items folder on IMAP server
I wrote a rule to copy items in my Outlook 2003 sent items folder to a folder of my choice on an IMAP server. Unfortunately, when it does this, the message that is copied over does not appear to be properly formatted, and causes problems with other mail readers. No address is present in the "from" field, even though that information is present in the copy of the same message in the Sent Items folder that Outlook 2003 uses locally. For example, a properly formatted mail message looks like: Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:16:20 -0700 (PDT) From: My name <person@example.com> X-X-Se...

Exchange 2003 event sink to alert via email when email is sent to a particular domain?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in writing a exchange 2003 event sink which will send an email alert/or write to a file when a email is sent to a particular domain? Any help would be appreciated. Matthew You should post this kind of question in the development newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <matthew@millers.id.au> wrote in message news:1163600143.175377.165030@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction i...

CDO and Multipart Email?
I am trying to send out an email newsletter using both HTML and plain text? Any good resources for doing this? I can't seem to get it to display the TextBody when Outlook is set to display emails using Plain Text. I am using: Dim objMail Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") objMail.To = varEmail objMail.From = "webmaster@imysite.com ( Webmaster)" objMail.Subject = "My Subject" objMail.BodyPart.ContentMediaType = "multipart/alternative" objMail.TextBody = "No HTML here. I want this text to display if HTML is turned off." objMai...

How do I remove a now defunct old domain from our users' email addresses?
We used to have a domain - lets call it olddomain.com - that we sold off to another company. However, we still have the problem that most of our existing users (several hundred), have this domain name as an email alias. Obviously, as the MX records on the internet have changed for olddomain.com, no one externally is going to email our users using these addresses but the IT director would like these entries removed anyway. I do not want to have to remove all of these manually, as that is an extremely laborious task. Is there a way of removing all of these entries together? We have a Windows 20...

Email stuck in Outbox, Open emails
I have 2 questions. (1) Outlook sometimes fails to send email when I am connected. After I click Send/Receive multiple times, no error is displayed but the email stays in Outbox for days. I can receive emails without any problems. (2) I want to change my default setting. Currently after I highlight an email, without double clicking, it is marked "Read". How do I change it so that only when I double click an item will it be opened and marked "Read"? Thank you, Sara Answer to #2 Goto Tools-Options-Other(tab)-Preview Pane(button) These are the options to exten...

Address Field
Access Newbie here. I'm creating a membership database that has both USA members as well as foreign members. Some of the foreign addresses have several more lines of info than a standard USA address. Should I just have one Address field? or multiple? (like Address_1, Address_2, Address_3, etc) Thanks! James Ivey James, I think it depends on the nature of the application, and how the address data is going to be used. In particular, will there ever be the need to sort or group the records according to Country? How about City? If the answer is yes, these need to be in sep...

mail merge problems
I'm making invites with 3 per page- mail merge places the same name on all 3 invite on that page, how do I get different names for each invite Is that what happens when you actually print it or are you just looking at the Print Preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Yaz" <Yaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8344E7B-5EFF-448D-83B7-258D18DAC7AB@microsoft.com... > I'm making invites with 3 per page- mail merge places the same name on all > 3 > invite on that page, how do I get different names for each invite What versio...

cant send emails 01-24-10
This is the message i keep gettting. A little irritated i purchased laptop from dell and they want to charge me 150 to fix problem. Can anyone please help!! The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0DThe host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110...

DN & Email Address
Hi, I have a text file with email address (exchange users) of users.I need to pull their DN from AD.Does someone have a code snippet to share on which I can build. cheers Babu "Babu VT" <babuvt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23zRwydMqKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a text file with email address (exchange users) of users.I need to > pull their DN from AD.Does someone have a code snippet to share on which I > can build. > > cheers > Babu I have an example VBScript program you can use linked here: ...

Problems with autosum...
I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know a solution? This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show two decimal places. For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204 which is displayed as 22...

white out and lost email when sending long email (to same email ad
Twice recently I wrote long emails (tothe same person). I spell checked and then hit Send. The screen whited out and I recieved a message "windows has stopped working and will now close". The email I wrote disappeared. Lost email and all my hard work. Thanks for any help with this problem. -- robertal If you are scanning emails with your anti-virus program - don't. Email scanning is redundant at best and harmful to the email database at worst. Uninstall your anti-virus and then reinstall unchecking the option to scan emails, so it is turned off during the...

addind sales tax to shipping costs
How can I set up to have sales tax added to the shipping costs in sales transaction entry? Do you mean that you want to tax the shipping costs (freight) as well? If that's the case, It can be controlled with the expansion arrow on the SOP transaction or via Sales -> Setup. If you want to roll the tax into the shipping number, you'll need a customization. Mark On Apr 30, 3:25 pm, Larissa G. <Larissa G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set up to have sales tax added to the shipping costs in sales > transaction entry? Larissa, To have taxes calculat...

sending via email
Is it possible to send just one page via email as mine seems to want to send the complete document. thanks Do you mean as an attachment or in the body of the email? I'm assuming attachment but I want to make sure. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "S S" <nonsense@Hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:_wVNh.90816$MR6.82026@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is it possible to send just one page via email as mine seems to want to > send the complete document. > > thanks > > As a...

How do i correct a routing server failure problem in my email
Every time I try to send an e-mail with attatchments i recieve a delivery status notification saying, "The recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server etc, then "routing server failure." This only happens with one recipient, I have no problems with any other contacts. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers! On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:40:01 -1000, Rivermouse Tina <Rivermouse <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote: > Every time I try to send an e-mail with attatchments i recieve a delivery > status notification saying, "The recipient...

help finding email
in the message tracking center i can see where a specific message has been deleivered to a user's mailbox but cannot find it anywhere in Outlook. there is no forwarding set on the user and no rules in Outlook also have checked with the spam software (GFI) loaded on the server Check their deleted items, and also recover deleted items. Oliver Im pretty sure message tracking only tracks to delivery. Check deleted items and deleted item recovery? "justlookin" <justlookin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A21E634-FDBA-4DF5-BF0E-84B3925E813D@microsoft.c...

Problem with Outlook XP
Greetings, Recently I did the dreaded 98 upgrade to XP on a legacy machine I have. For outlook, I found that office 2000 was extremely buggy post upgrade so I uninstalled and installed a spare copy of Office XP I had. Now, on this machine, and this machine only, I constantly get the following: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040111): 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.' Email still functions as normal however the error is rather annoying. I can't find anything in the KB related. Any input woul...

Addind email address problem
I am having a terrible time trying to add an email to outlook. Please help me :P LOL Once I have all the information in and click test I get a pop up with this information: Enter Network Password: Server: User Name: Password: Then you can click ok or cancle. This has the information I put in for the email account information. What do I do? If I click ok it just keeps coming up. If I click cancel it won't work. Thanks for any help :) If this is for company email, contact your IT people. If it's for home use, give us your internet provider (ISP) name. Someone may be able to g...