Added a email account to outlook, says inbox is empty????

I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one is
showing any messages, the other says it's empty, but I know it's not.
Passwords, spelling etc are correct. Any ideas
0
hregan (2)

Nope!  You have provided absolutely zero information upon which to form an
idea.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, hregan asked:

| I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one
| is showing any messages, the other says it's empty, but I know it's
| not. Passwords, spelling etc are correct. Any ideas

0
MillyS (3228)
9/21/2005 5:49:27 AM
Hey, Thanks so much! First and last time I use this dicussion group.
This is the first time I've ever used outlook, if I were an F-ing MVP then
maybe I would have a better idea of what sort of information you might need
to help me with my problem. Course then I wouldn't need to ask for help, and
I could just make people who need help feel like SH*T.
Thanks again!!!!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Nope!  You have provided absolutely zero information upon which to form an
> idea.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, hregan asked:
>
> | I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one
> | is showing any messages, the other says it's empty, but I know it's
> | not. Passwords, spelling etc are correct. Any ideas

0
hregan (2)
9/21/2005 12:44:01 PM
hregan <hregan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hey, Thanks so much! First and last time I use this dicussion group.
> This is the first time I've ever used outlook, if I were an F-ing MVP
> then maybe I would have a better idea of what sort of information you
> might need to help me with my problem. Course then I wouldn't need to
> ask for help, and I could just make people who need help feel like
> SH*T.

When you see a doctor, do you say, "I don't feel well" and let the doctor
_guess_ what'sw wrong, or do you provide as detailed a description of your
symptoms as you can?

The very first thing you should state is the application you're using
(presumably Outlook), the version of that app, exactly what you're trying to
do, what you are doing, and the results your receive, along with the exact
text of any errors produced.

I'm not an MVP and even I know that.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Stationery missing when sending email via code
Hi In outlook I have set stationery and signatures under 'Mail Format' tab. The problem is when I send email from another application via code such as Set OutlookApp = New Outlook.Application Set EM = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) The email ignores the stationery. What is the problem and how can I make the stationery work even when mail is sent via code? Many Thanks Regards See Eric's sample at = http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archive/2005/07/21/7581.aspx --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Us...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Outlook 2k netwk probs
On an office network, we have one win98 computer with outlook 2k trying to get contacts from one Win XP computer with Outlook 2k3. The latter is where new contacts are entered and stored. The problem is that the former isn't grabbing those most updated contacts and displaying them. It has contacts from a while ago, as it WAS working before, but there seems to be a connection problem somewhere. What's really odd is that when the 98 computer boots up, there is an error saying that it can't connect to the drive with the outlook 2k3 contacts on it. We haven't figured...

Archiving of Email
I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when employees leave, but still have an archived version of the mail.To me, once the user is gone, the mailbox becomes orphaned. Can anyone please help me with suggestions and advise? On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:33:02 -0700, DP <DP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails >form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when >employees leave, but still ha...

Creating a Rule in Outlook to Automatically Pair replys
Hi guys, Not sure if this is the right place but im trying to create a rule for outlook at work so that it automatically pairs sent emails with replys and moves them to a specific folder in outlook. Now all emails get sent to a shared email address and then we each take turns (a week each) replying to the ones we get so im thinking the best way to do this is if its possible to have a macro that automatically can do this? instead of pairing up my emails with replys all the time, even though i could just click subject and then select the ones i want this is very time consuming as ...

emailed report is blank
I want to email a report that will send info on the record that was just filled out and also save and clear the record for the next person. I have a couple problems. 1. the record is blank when it arrives in the email 2. the info is not erased. I have a button that "on click" has a macro attached to run the report and send it but I am not sure why the report is blank and where to put the code to clear the form. ...

HTML emails hang on forwards/replies
We send out HTML wrapped emails to our clients quite often and they need to be reviewed. Reviewing them warrants that they get forwarded or replied to. Every time we try Outlook (XP) hangs. I've noticed that if we turn off MS Word as the email editor it works. But turning that off messes up the formatting of the original email body. When viewing these emails the entire body of the email is filled. The background color changes etc. They look great but really confuse MS Word when trying to reply or forward. I've told folks to turn off MS Word email editor temporarily when they ha...

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

Cannot finish balancing account
I am having a problem balancing my account in Money 2002. I can get to the list of transactions and mark them all as Cleared. When I try to click Next to finish up, nothing happens. So, I have to postpone balancing the account, because that's all I can do. I have been having problems with some of my transactions. The first time I tried to balance the account, some items did not want to be marked as Clear. I tried to delete those transactions so that I could enter them again, but I couldn't delete them either. I ended up having to repair my Money file with Microsoft's ...

Opportunity URL in email notification
Hi guys! I have this idea: Everytime an new ooprtunity is created, I'd like to automatically sent an email to my users. To accomplish that, I created a field in the opportunity entity called new_url (type is url). I included these 2 lines in the forms's OnSave() event: crmForm.all.new_url.DataValue = "http://crmserver/ourCRM/sfa/opps/edit.aspx?id=" + crmForm.ObjectId; crmForm.all.new_url.ForceSubmit = true; Finally, I created a workflow that sends an email with the field URL (new_url) in the body of the message. So far, so good. But when we get the email (using O...

Outlook Express Stole My Attachments!!!
I sent some emails from work to myself at home. When I opened the emails, there was a statement at the top of the email something like "OE has removed the following dangerous attachments from your email". It listed ALL the attachments I had sent and my emails were all blank. How do I get my attachments back? How do I prevent this from happening again? Hi - see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm Frances wrote: > I sent some emails from work to myself at home. When I > opened the emails, there was a statement at the top of > the email something like "OE...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

not receiving email
I recently installed Windows 7 32 bit on my computer. I configured my website's email address for POP3 access through my cpanel and created the account for it in Windows Live Mail (as I've done several times before). I cannot receive or send email at all. This has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have webmail access to the account? Can you send from there? How long has it been since you setup the account? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "AM" <AM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CFA063-D089-4491-94D0-449B4F923C88@microso...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

emails in inbox disappeared. How to get them back?
"Christine French" <ChristineFrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FA97BA-EEF5-4780-9902-3158D68B06A6@microsoft.com... > Please write your DETAILED (including version of Outlook, type of email account, Windows version and Service pack level) question in this BIG WHITE SPACE. Thank you. Try View-Current View-Messages ...

email accounts
I've Just created a new, second email account, using a different email address with the same username and password my isp gave me when I set up my first one. The problem is how can I see the new accounts emails? I've sent emails to the new account but when I try to access them using "Windows Mail" (I'm running Vista) I get nothing? If I send an email from my first account to my first account it comes through ok! Help I'm Baffled!!!! -- omer Back up, Bucko. Did you create this new email address on your own or did you work with your ISP to create it?...

Outlook 2003 on XP RPC error
After installing Outlook 2003 on an XP system that was connecting to Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP just fine, I get an error starting Outlook stating "A system component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. For more information, contact your system administrator." When I click OK, I get "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Then a box to confirm the name comes up and when I click check name I get "The name could not be ...

adding new records

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...