Add New Group in Tasks List

Outlook 2007

On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group" option.
I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not been able to
figure out how to add my custom views to the new group.  What kinds of items
can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a group?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--Tom

You can only place folders in the groups, not views.

Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Thomas M." <NoEmailReplies@Please.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007
>
> On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group"
> option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not
> been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group.  What
> kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a
> group?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> --Tom

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/3/2008 6:29:41 PM
Thanks.  I suspected that views could not be placed into groups, but I
wasn't sure.

--Tom

> You can only place folders in the groups, not views.
>
> Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Thomas M." <NoEmailReplies@Please.com> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2007
>>
>> On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group"
>> option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not
>> been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group.
>> What kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a
>> group?
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> --Tom

All my Emails turned into Junk Mail but not on Junk Mail List. Is this a virus?
How do I remove a name from the Junk List if the name is not shown in the junk list but is noted as junk email in the field chooser Junk Mail column of inbound messages? Went to junk sender list and cant find the names, but these names automatically go to Delete folder, although I never placed them there. When i make a new rule, they still have the Junk Mail label attached. Very bizarre. Can anyone help????? ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Opening new Excel window
Windows 2000. When have an exel already open, when I click on another excel file (or its shortcut) it opens into the same excel main window. Then I can view either one of the excel applications by selecting the appropriate window. Is there a setting such that new excel will open in its own window? If so, how? [Currently I can get this effect in a less convenient way by starting the excel directly the second time, and then reading in the excel file.] Alan Beban You could have one instance of excel open and have multiple "tasks" appearing on the taskbar via: Tools|optio...

Add on

Print a list of my worksheets?
I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can print out a list of the worksheet names? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "DaveL" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > print out a list of the worksheet names? Frank Very many thanks. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm > > "DaveL" wrote: > > > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Junk mail and Exception List
The Junk Mail List is deleting email that I would like to keep. I have read MS "junk email filters for outlook", so I have added the sender to my "exception" list but it still gets deleted. I think because the words "order today" show up in the email. does anyone know of a way to correct this? Thanks. ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS GROUP
I am just making the final touches in my POS before I go live next Monday. I just want to say THANKS A LOT to all of you for taking the time to answer the questions posted because I do not know what I could have done without this group. I have to say it out loud Microsoft Dynamics User's Guide is not very good at giving details and after expending $20K, I do not think that I should pay $500/3hr to get a basic question answered. Thanks a lot Gina Gina, I agree - without this group and the kind assistance from the many that frequent it - we all would have given up a long time ago. ...

copy entire contents worksheet into new workbook, link but editabl
I need to copy the entire contents of a worksheet which is used by several collegues who need to see it looking the same always (headers in the same order,etc). In the new worksheet (workbook) I will rearrange the data for other purposes. However, I will need the data to be kept up-to-date as per the source worksheet. ...

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

How does excel note a newline (ie new line but in same cell)
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br> Have legal transcription i need to manipulate partly in excel on mac. want each cell to be one question or answer in deposition, but can't allow excel to wrap the text of the question or answer, which is typically several lines, as in depositions each line is numbered and i want to preserve the numbers matching the lines. so i would like to manually add the character/formatting in my text editor before i bring the text back into excel. <br><br>or perhaps i can write an excel macro or f...

excel add-ons

Creating a new list with Last Order Date
I do have a customer transaction history. I would like to get the latest order date with amount in to another sheet instead of all the orders under same account number and bring the rest of the corresponding info to the other columns. Such as bill to information for my new sales rep. Can someone help me? Thanks Vedat A2=Customer Number B2=Order numbers C2=Order dates D2=Order Amounts D3=Bill to Name etc. A2 B2 C2 D2 CA123 1234 10/11/06 $500 CA123 2345 09/10/06 $200 CA123...

Moving Exchange 2k to new Exchange 2k server
I have an Exchange 2k server. Two hard drives (one for OS and one for data). Both are quickly running out of space and the hardware is slow. I want to upgrade my hardware (faster computer, & larger hard drives), but I want to stick with Exchange 2k for now. What is the best way to go about this? Also, in looking at the way this server was setup, I don't understand where the m:/exchange drive exists. Do all Exchange servers have a m:/exchange drive. It seems to be part of the C: drive (always has exactly the same space used as if they were mirrored) but different data. Ca...

Map Add-On?