Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message

When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error
message:

'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office
add-in.

I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu,
click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options
button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button.

Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem.

--Eric Ogawa

0
ebogawa (1)

This problem has been addressed in:
"OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q235/0/09.asp

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Having searched the archives, Eric Ogawa <ebogawa@yahoo.com> asked

| When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the
| following error message:
|
| 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office
| add-in.
|
| I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools
| menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced
| Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button.
|
| Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem.
|
| --Eric Ogawa

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Office Rebate Form
Where might I find the rebate form? There is a link in the newsletter which doesn't work. Is there another place to look for it? Thanks! Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! What rebate form? What newsletter? On 12/09/07 10:22 AM, in article 1189558341.483611.232980@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "WildernessFlyFishers@gmail.com" <WildernessFlyFishers@gmail.com> wrote: > Where might I find the rebate form? There is a link in the newsletter > which doesn't work. Is there another place to look for it? > > Thanks! > -- Don&#...

Copy to clipdoard error
If I select a collection of cells in a spreadsheet I frequently work with and do a copy, I always get the error message "The picture is too large and will be truncated". I do not understand that it is copying this as a picture. I rund WinXP Prof. on a new Centrino Laptop with plenty of memory. How can I get rid of this? Cheers, Thorbjorn Hi Thorbjorn Try this link; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318265&Product=x lw Careful of word wrap ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Exce...

Office 2007
My new laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007, which I will eventually remove. Question: can I simply uninstall this product BEFORE use, using my Control Panel options or can I use the product for 60 days, then uninstall with equal "efficiency." In other words, if I uninstall before use will the uninstall be more effective in removing all traces than if I used the product, then uninstall? Thanks... EW Either one will work as well, unless uninstall screws up somehow and you have to uninstall by hand. Bookmark the following page, "just in case&quo...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Office 2003 on win 7
HI I Install Office 2003 on win 7 - can't import .pst The Imort button Is blank , what sould i do ? Thank, Moysh You would never import a PST in the first place. Use a supported method for data transfer instead. We post them here daily. The most likely reasons you have no import function is that you either haven't installed the importers and exporters or your Toolbar needs to be configured to show them. -- Russ Valentine "Moysh" <Moysh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E479938D-686B-4013-954A-DF30A4788002@microsoft.com... > HI > ...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Public Stores errors
I have a public folder store error that occurs each time I try to mount the database. THe error is: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 I have change the permission according to article 823022. I can't place my finger on it but it's like there is something with AD or IIS that's stopping my from mounting the public store database. Here are the rights: Administrators: Full Control Authenticated Users: Read and Ex...

MS Office X Exceeds Number of....
Clicked standard Mac Office upgrade yesterday, now Entourage is disabled because of message the reads This installation of Microsoft Office X exceeds the number of installations permitted by the license agreement. User name is already using this installation of Microsoft Office X. The program will now quit. I have MS Office package with 3 product keys. I'm using my laptop now, but originally it was installed on my primary desktop Mac. What's the solution to this problem? SHould I be concerned about preserving my emails -- on Entourage, if I need to reload software? Please advise....

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Exchange 2003 Error
I haven't been able to find any postings about this one yet, if anyone could help us out we'd appreciate it... We've removed the old Exchange 5.5 server from our Exchange organization. Now we have only our Exchange 2003 server running and it is running fine, except for an event log error related to the Active Directory Connector. It is Error # 8026 and says LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory (Old Server) for distinguished name 'domain\account'. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down. (Connection Agreement 'Users: Our FQDN - Site\Organization'...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Validation (using a list)
Hi, Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using a list, you see all the options? Txs in advance Michael Hi AFAIK not possible with the build-in functionality >-----Original Message----- > Hi, > >Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using >a list, you see all the options? > >Txs in advance >Michael > > >. > You can't increase the list from its default length of eight items. You can scroll through the dropdown list, or use the keyboard (arrow keys, page up, page down) to navigate ...

Errors send email via CRM
I have just installed MS CRM for the first time. I am running win 2k and exchange 2k. I get a fairly non-descript error when I click "send" on a email activiy. When check to see if the recipient has recieved the email, it appears that they have. Checking the event log reveals the following application log entry: EventID: 2 MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>mscrm key was not found in the registry</description><details>mailserverurl key was not f...

xp office update
update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates. Please double-check that KB number. Also tell us what error (if any) you get when you attempt to install the update. hank wrote: > update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote: > Please double-check that KB number. Why don't you do that yourself? MSFT switched to KB numbers with 7 digits more than half a year ago! <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019198/> exists and is titled "How to upgrade Micro...

Outlook Error Message while Archiving
I received the following error while trying to perform an archive - and for the life of me cannot figure out why this is the case: Error occured while archiving folder 'Sent Items' in store 'Mailbox' - hnash. Some items could not be copied. They were either moved, or deleted, or access was denied. When I tried moving individual pieces of mail I get essentially the same response - Cannot move items. The item could not be moved. It was either moved, or deleted, or access was denied. Thing of it is the mail is currently sitting in the Sent Items folder so I know ...

Format text to add character

add a DC in a LegSite

Outlook diabling links in my incomming messages
All of the sudden, Outlook is disabling links in all incoming E-Mail messages. I do get a notice at the top of the screen that "links are disabled, click here to enable (not recommended)", I can click there and it re-enables them. But I want links fully enabled by default at all times, like it was until last week (when I think I installed an Office patch or service pack from Microsoft Update). Does anyone know either where the settings are to fully enable links, or the manual registry patch that I would need to make? [I've already installed one to allow .exe and other ...

excel add-ons