add email accounts to outlook that are not msn

I have recently purchased outlook 2003 to organize my mail.  I have my
hotmail account set up in outlook but I would like to add my verizon email
account.  Is this possible since I receive the msn service through verizon?

0
Rod7490 (89)

I don't see why not...get the POP3/SMTP or IMAP server names from Verizon and
go ahead and set up your account.  Outlook is not a client only for
Microsoft's own e-mail accounts; it works with just about any ISP.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Rod" wrote:

> I have recently purchased outlook 2003 to organize my mail.  I have my
> hotmail account set up in outlook but I would like to add my verizon email
> account.  Is this possible since I receive the msn service through verizon?

outlook loads twice from startup
I have outlook in my startup once but it loads twice when the computer starts. Remove Outlook from the startup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Johnny asked: | I have outlook in my startup once but it loads twice when | the computer starts. ...

Excel Add Ins

html email
Ever since I saw html e-mails in yahoo mail, I am also trying to send some thing like that. I have some knowledge in web designing. Can any one help me. can I do it with frontpage? FrontPage is an authoring tool, it does not send or receive email. You can create html to include in an email with it, but it would make more sense to use an email client that supports html, which most do. -- -- "Unni" <mailtowwit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:97044918-ee8c-46ef-b23a-e14da9b9b7bd@h40g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Ever since I saw html e-mails in yahoo mail,...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Outlook 2003 -- miscellaneous issues, mainly with Offline Folders
Outlook 2003 seems to really dislike Offline folder synchronization if a user receives any virus infected emails (ie. if something has NetSky in it) -- is there a way to prevent the synchs from erroring? They use NAV for Exchange and it should be protecting them so I don't think that's a concern. ...

cant open email
trying to open my email but it just keeps asking me for my user name and password here is the error i keep getting Account: 'pophm.sympatico.ca', Server: 'pophm.sympatico.ca', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 i am not sure if i have the right password or not Check the box on the Servers tab of the account setup (Tools - Accounts - Properties) which is for authentication of the outbound server. It reads something like, "My server re...

What bloated my Outlook.pst file?
Strange story, but true. My Outlook.pst file was getting rather large, over 47 MB, so I decided to do some cleaning. I deleted many unnecessary e-mails (a large portion of my Inbox) , then deleted them from the "Deleted Items" folder. I was surprised, however, to look in my Outlook data folder after that, and saw that the size of the file had increased to over 97 MB, more than double! (I could understand it not decreasing yet, as I hadn't compacted it yet, but didn't understand the increase!) I then compacted it. That shrank it to over 87MB, less than the 97MB+, but still ...

Email Stats / Usage
Hi All, I was curious if there was a function in Outlook 2003, that lets you see your email usage stats. Like number of emails received, sent. current day, current week etc etc. Eudora has a cool function like that, and I'd find that very useful (prove to the boss I really get over 100 client emails a day ;>). Thanks -Dave No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outl...

All my Emails turned into Junk Mail but not on Junk Mail List. Is this a virus?
How do I remove a name from the Junk List if the name is not shown in the junk list but is noted as junk email in the field chooser Junk Mail column of inbound messages? Went to junk sender list and cant find the names, but these names automatically go to Delete folder, although I never placed them there. When i make a new rule, they still have the Junk Mail label attached. Very bizarre. Can anyone help????? ...

log file of email open time/date
Hi, I needed to know if there is a way to keep a log file or to view information about when the emails I receive are opened. I probably needed information like date and time. I am the person opening the emails but I needed to show someone when I opened them. Emails are coming from various different people using different email software, so it can't be tracked from their end. I have Outlook 2000, but might need to use it in different versions of Outlook. so if you know of a feature that I can use, can you also tell me if it's available for different versions? thanks a lot. I apprec...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

Re: Outlook 2003 calendar
back Outlook calendar is deleting events from my calendar older than 2 months (it's keeping recurring events). Auto Archive is not running. I synchronise calendar with my Blackberry which is set to keep appointments forever. When synchonising these past items are not being copied to Outlook calendar. What do I need to do to to synchonise all events/appointments and not have Calendar delete past events "Tim on the Common" <Tim on the Common@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021422B4-ACBD-4E0C-BE97-091031042CD8@microsoft.com... > back Outloo...

Outlook 97 and Outlook Express 6
I normally use OE6 and have installed an old copy of Outlook 97 but when Outlook starts it says something like "building Outlook toolbar" and then just quicks the program and never starts! Ideas anyone on how to use both programs? ...

Add on

Outlook Web Access Problem #3
I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click on reply and nothing happens. Any thoughts? OWA is a function of Exchange and can best be answered in an Exchange news group, probably the adminnistrator group on msnews.microsoft.com. >-----Original Message----- >I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook >Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. >The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click >on reply...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Problem with outgoing emails not moving to the sent items folder
Hi all, I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but stay in my outbox and keep sending themselves with out moving to the sent items folder. I get incoming emails fine but this is causing my mates grief. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Paul I had the same problem and found out that it was MacAfee Antivirus scanning your outgoing email that caused the trouble. I turned it off and all is well. good luck >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but >stay in my outbo...

can't customize outlook today #3
when i click on the customize outlook today button, nothing happen. am i missing something? i'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas about what's happening. thanks! ...

Format text to add character

Forward email in 2003
Anyone know the best way to forward email with exchange 2003? In 5.5 I had to make custom recipient and then hide them from the address book... Whats the best way to do it in Exchange 2003? Thanks Create a Contact in Active Directory. "Steve Aschettino" <steveaschettino@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ORqKIsV9DHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know the best way to forward email with exchange 2003? In 5.5 I had > to make custom recipient and then hide them from the address book... Whats > the best way to do it in Exchange 2003? Thanks > > ...

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...