activesync

after i install office 2002 the activesync cannot=20
syncronize calendar, notes, task and contacts and i got=20
the message "Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so=20
activesync cannot continue to run. To continue=20
syncronization, reinstall microsoft outlook. ..."=20

The inbox syncs without problems.

I already install activesync 3.7.1

Can someone give some help.

Thanks

Jo=E3o
0
anonymous (74718)

activesync
after i install office 2002 the activesync cannot=20 syncronize calendar, notes, task and contacts and i got=20 the message "Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so=20 activesync cannot continue to run. To continue=20 syncronization, reinstall microsoft outlook. ..."=20 The inbox syncs without problems. I already install activesync 3.7.1 Can someone give some help. Thanks Jo=E3o ...

Activesync
This was annoying me this morning. I use Win 7 x64 and CE6. It occurs to me that I have never run the CETK in this setup - when I tried I got some cryptic message "unable to load device side components" (actually it means cannot find them on the hard drive) whenever I tried the test the activesync connection in the CETK. This is for an ARM target, but the same rules apply for others I suspect. If you came across this do the following: Create a copy af the armv4i dir as armv4: mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE Tool...

activesync and outlook
I am using my handheld with syncing with outlook at work and at home. All works fine at work. When I connect at home, it attempts to resolve all the attendees associated with all of the appointments in my calendar. It fails and when I start the resolve process, I get a message that says it does not recognize a name (e.g., Smith,John). When I select the show more names dialog, it does three strange things: 1) It is showing the names from which to select as "<first name> <last name>" and seems to think mayvbe that Smith is the start of the first name. 2) John ...

Enable ActiveSync
Hi there, i my image i had the ActiveSync support. Then i touched something in the Catalog Items View and now i don't have the usb connection with WinCE60. Sure i stripped off the Standard shell and the usb mouse support.. In the device manager i see a device called 'Microsoft USB sync' but the ActiveSync doesn't connect. Which any other items do i need to select? Now: ActiveSync + File sync Thanks -- SteM For active Sync to work you need to have "Standard Shell" in your OS image. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ &...

USB Client and ActiveSync
Hi: I got a "propritary Board" - Intel Atom CPU, with "USB client" port. So I can connect it using Activesync. I also got the "VID" vendor id and "PID" product id, for example currently we use "8086" and "A6CD". What the registry I need to add and modified to let ActiveSync to connect to this board? In the platform batch file I had set BSP_NOSERIAL= BSP_NOUSBSER= So the NK.bin will include Serial dll and usbser.dll Now, I modified some registry to the Serial_Class and USBSER_CLASS [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\F...

Exchange ActiveSync error 85010001
I've had this issue with a Treo 700w for several days, and have tried many suggested methods to resolve. These included: - Setting a new exchange-oma virtual directory for syncing - Enabling / Disabling form based authentication - Verifying OMA was working correctly - Trying with / without SSL (enabling / disabling ssl as an option for /exchange virtual directory) All of the suggested resolutions in many of the forums had limited success with many of the posters / forum participants. I wanted to get it out to everyone just how I managed to get this working, to hopefully save them some ...

ActiveSync #5
Hello, In a Exchange 2003, it could deactivated to all the ActiveSync users? since by defect it comes activated. Even that when it also registers to a user has deactivated ActiveSync? Thanks this technet arcticle guide you how to enable dissable active sync for single user and org level http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/E2k3ClientAccGuide/53a6ac96-c12b-4284-a026-aa558f23ada8.mspx?mfr=true ---cheers "Loli" wrote: > Hello, > In a Exchange 2003, it could deactivated to all the ActiveSync users? since > by defect it comes activated. Even ...

Cannot activesync money 2004 with Dell Axim
It used to work, but then it stopped. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing software several times. It shows up on the pocket pc and then when you try and sync you get a message 'Attention required" and all it says is try and disconnecting and reconnecting. Everything else syncs fine. If you go under options in the Activesyc (version 3.7.1) you cannot access any Microsoft Money Data settings because it is grayed out. The pocket pc verison 4.20.0 Try repairing the money file. It helped me in the past. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Chec...

ActiveSync
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but can you purchase ActiveSync as a seperate program or is in only built into Exchange 2003? Thanks Craig It's only built-in to Exchange 2003 as a server-side feature. There are some companies (notably, Palm) that have licensed ActiveSync to allow their devices (Treo 650) to use ActiveSync to allow the devices to synchronize with an Exchange 2003 server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "seedogg99@noemail.postalias.com" <seedogg99noemailpostaliascom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E2869EB-34B9-4244...

OMA/Activesync problems
Hello All, I have upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003 today, and all is working just fine, except Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access. Scenario: - 2 Windows 2000 AS SP4 in a cluster, each having Exchange 2000 SP3 installed - Node 1 (passive) upgraded to Exchange 2003; had Exchange 2003 SP1 installed, was rebooted. - In Cluster Manager I took everything offline, then upgraded the virtual SA server, then started it all on node 1. - Upgraded Node 2 with Exchange 2003, installed SP1, rebooted. Now, I want to use OMA and Exchange ActiveSync, BUT there's no OMA directory on the virt...

activesync questions
Hi all, We have a bunch of users who have one of the following devices:- 1. Samsung i700/i600/i730 2. Dell Axim 3. Audiovox 6600 All these devices sync in with our Exchange server 2003. We are looking to do some integration where one of our web based CRM systems that has a customer list will integrate with their Exchange calendar so that they can schedule visits/phone calls with customers. Ideally we would like to have a custom form installed in Outlook that will query a web service on the server and retrieve the Customer list and also have some additional fields such as category etc....

Activesync not handling notes correctly
In the help fo Activesync, it says "Using Notes synchronization: select the Notes information type for synchronization. All notes in My Documents and its subfolder on your device will appear in Outlook Notes on your PC. Handwritten text or drawings in notes will appear on your PC as pictures. In addition, all notes in Outlook on the PC will also be synchronized and will appear in Notes on the device. Notes If you synchronize your notes using Files synchronization and then later decide to use Notes synchronization, all of your notes will be synchronized with Outlook on your PC and will no...

Outlook and ActiveSync #2
I am experiencing duplications of calender items on my desktop, although only one event shows on my PDA. These appear to happen post the event, as I have only noticed it when looking back in my diary for the date of an old meeting. Not all events have been duplicated (any recurring events seem unaffected) Has anyone experienced similar, or could advise on how to restore the calendar to only showing one instance of these events How soon does the duplication occur (i.e. what's the most recent duplicate) and have you tried not synching the data with your PDA for a period, just to s...

Exchange Activesync
I am really beginning to feel stupid. I have SBS2003 with ISA2004. Everything is fine. I have loaded Blackberry Professional Server and am happily running with 6 Blckberry's syncing wirelessly. When it comes to Activesync thoguh, I CANNOT figure out how to start, where to to find management tools, how to setup or manage windows smartphones, Iphones, Droids, Treos. I have read so many articles but CANNOT find ONE that simply walks me through setting it up or even how to launch a management console, if one exists. I am happy to learn technical things, although I am somewh...

ActiveSync on SBS2003r2
I am new at Server Admin. We have SBS2003 r2, Exchange SP2. All our phones have been Blackberry and I have been able to setup BES to support the BB phones. Now I have some users that want 1-Iphone and 2-Droids. to wireless sync. We host our Domain and website through Earthlink, MX record points to our IP and have an A record that points to our mailServer/public IP. I used the ICW to create a Certificate for OWA. Is there a step by step for configuring Activesync for Iphone and/or Droid? Do I need to obtain a third party Security Cert (I have read that I need to get one f...

Activesync PocketPC Over the Internet
Hello all. I've tried to find an answer to this and while there have been some very intelligent sounding suggestions, none of them work. I would very much like to synchronize my HP iPAQ h4150 to my PC running Outlook via the Internet. It synchronizes perfectly if I am on my local home network, but even if I open and redirect the ports on my router (990-999 and 5678 open and forwarded to the IP address of the machine running Activesync and Outlook) and if I properly set the "hosts" information using the "Pocket Hosts" application I cannot get a sync to work if I'...

Exchange203 and ActiveSync Errors
I have a unique situation with one user. Running Exchange 2003 SP1, the user will get a Sync_5 error when he deletes a message on his phone running Windows Mobile then tries to sync through the Exchange ActiveSync. I've looked through MS KB, found KB 842541, but that is a problem due to a large calendar and is fixed in SP1 which I'm running doesn't apply. I did make the change in KB 817379 due to Integrated Windows Authentication is not enabled on my system, for OMA and Exchange Active-Sync errors. I don't have a server to run as a front-end server, so method 1 in tha...

ActiveSync problems
Hi I have my mobile device configured to sync with my exchagne server via WLAN or GPRS or whatever connection i have available to me. CAn receive email etc no problems. But when sending email the recipent cannont see anything in the body of the message. (It is blank) I have setup my device to use another exchange server i have and no problems here. Is there setting or something obvious I am missing ? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:59:43 +1000, "Thomo^^" <adthomas@westnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi I have my mobile device configured to sync...

OL2003 / ActiveSync 3.7.1 (3244)
I recently upgraded a computer to XP and Outlook 2003. I am using multiple profiles in Outlook rather than in XP. I'm having difficulty synchronizing (calendar, tasks and contacts) on my iPAQ using ActiveSync 3.7.1 build (3244) with a cached Exchange profile. (Note: items are moved to an offline PST folder containing all info. I did a search and do not have an OST nor a OAB). I am receiving the following message: Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so ActiveSync cannot continue to run. To continue synchronization, reinstall Microsoft Outlook. If you no longer want to ...

Server ActiveSync Event ID: 3007
Hi, Yesterday after 5:00 pm the mobile devices are not syncing anymore. When we look at the device we get an 0x85030022. When we look at the Front End Exchange 2003 server SP2 we see: Event Type: Warning Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3007 Date: 19-5-2006 Time: 15:04:20 User: .....\...... Computer: TITOX46 Description: Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server: [.......] User: [.......]. Exchange ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctl...

ActiveSync Error
I am unable to synchronise my Ipaq with outlook. I keep getting this error message: ' The following appointment cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80004005' Also getting: ' The following contact cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80004004' Any ideas what the problem is? I have outlook 2002 and PocketPC 2003 on my ipaq 2210. Thanks in advance Simon Try posting this to microsoft.public,pocketpc.activesync - they are more likely to be able to help you out there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the...

OMA/ActiveSync error
w2k server and exchange 2003 standard; OWA works great, finally got OMA to connect (iPAQ windows mobile 4.21.. using USB and ActiveSync 3.8 on PC) but am getting error code 0x80830003 when sync starts. No errors in event log for the server. KB 830563 refers to error code as a problem with ISA and rsasecurity, we don't have ISA installed. I have basic authentication enabled on the Active Sync folder in IIS default web site. Any ideas? ...

Activesync Pocket PC no message in body of email
Hello, I'm synching from my Thinkpad or any PC to an HP iPAQ or Dell Axim. All email is viewable on the desktop and all email transfers over to the Pocket PC. However, it seems that some emails have lost their content once delivered to the Pocket PC. The header information is still there, but the body of the email has no text. Tried synching with Outlook 2000 / 2003 to no avail. It appears that the emails with missing body text have been encoded with html instead of rich text or plain text. Plain text and rich text emails do synch to the Pocket PC okay. Ms Activesync version is ...

ActiveSync 401 error and Exchange authentication methods
I'm getting the vexing "A Web Exception occurred because an HTTP 401 - Unauthorized response was received from Unknown" from TestExchangeConnectivity, despite what I think is all settings being correct. I was following an earlier thread here on ActiveSync, when I came across this quote from Ace Fekay: > Curious, have you been changing the authentication methods in IIS and not > in > the ESM? You should only be using the ESM to change anything like that. If > it is not available in the ESM, then you use IIS. This is because there is > a > uti...

Outlook and ActiveSync
I recently bought a PDA with Pocket PC 2003 and I having problem with Synchronizing wiht Outlook 2002. It tells me it is not in the profile - to disconnect and reconnect which I have done atleast 3 times - still not working. My PC runs on XP Professional. ...