ActiveSync prevent Outlook from closing completely

Since I have ActiveSync installed Outlook (2003) can�t be shutdown
anymore.
The window closes, but the icon in the taskbar is still there and
keeps on working.
I have to kill the OUTLOOK.EXE in the task manager.

Is this a known bug?

Uncradle your PDA first before closing Outlook should do the trick

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Sebastian Wolter" <sebastian@melino.com> wrote in message
> Since I have ActiveSync installed Outlook (2003) can�t be shutdown
> anymore.
> The window closes, but the icon in the taskbar is still there and
> keeps on working.
> I have to kill the OUTLOOK.EXE in the task manager.
>
> Is this a known bug?

0
Roady

Outlook 2003 Macro Menu disabled
We're having a problem in which the entire macro menu under Outlook 2003 is greyed out. I am the administrator of the network and just installed Small Business Server 2003, upgrading outlook to 2003 using the wizards. I'm assuming SBS took the liberty of setting a group policy, registry entry or some such to disable the menu. But I can't find the policy or any documentation. Any suggestions how to undo this lockdown? ...

How to prevent the same program from running twice using vc?
Try this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c299 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:#gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Checkout Bob's tip on this subject at http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/w32tip7.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > See also my essay on my MVP Tips site. joe On Wed, 8 Sep 2...

outlook permissions #2
I am receiving an error for outlook when i hit send/receive button. You do not have appropriate permissions to perform this operation. We are not using exchange, the OS is xp and the user is administrator on computer. I reloaded Microsoft XP small business on because the machine was locking up several times a day and for some reason this error is coming up after I reloaded xp small business. All test work correctly with the email account, no errors. There were no problems prior for send/receive now I am getting this error. Any input would be helpful ...

Outlook 2007 user account disappears
Hi I have Outlook 2007 set up in Vista Home premium. On several occasions I have set up a second user account in Vista and then fired up Outlook 2007. After successfully setting up POP addresses, contacts etc everything seems to work fine. After leaving for a few days / weeks and then trying to access Outlook again through that account, it fires up as if I have never used Outlook before - asking for user name / POP settings etc etc. All previous e-mails seem to have gone. On the odd occasion, I have entered outlook and got the new user issue; then re-booted and the old account and e-mail...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Outlook 2003 Settings Client/Server
Hi, I wanted to know specifically what settings in Outlook 2003 lik whether the reading pane is turned on or off on a particular folder ar store on the Exchange Server or the local client. When I log ont another machine and create my outlook profile, it seems to store t keep the reading pane settings I configured on the previous computer was using. Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Why did my folders in Outlook disappear?
I work with numerous folders and when I get email, often times I will just move it to the appropriate folder....however, the other day when I logged on, 98% of my folders were gone. I did not delete them, they just were not there. I do delete my deleted email folder and junk mail folder every couple of days....but that's all. I have tried to find the answer to my question and still have not gotten an answer. Is it possible for Outlook to just auto delete folders for whatever reason? Please help. What folders remain and what type of mail account do you have? Also, what version ...

saving password in Outlook #2
I am having trouble saving my password in Outlook using my DSL wireless network. None of my email addresses will save the password - it is very annoying. Can anyone tell me why this is happening. I assume you mean when you're logging into the service, it makes you re-input the password for email even though you're already connected? If so, the problem may be in the configuration of Control Panel - Mail - Whatever you use to connect to the internet. Select it and click properties, then the servers tab. There'll be two settings, one for incoming and another for outgoing. Make...

Outlook default setup
How do I make Outlook 2000 the default mailer for all of windows? I want to right click on files in explorer and email; but a message says that there is no email client set as default. You'll find a setting in Internet Explorer: Tools/Internet Options and Programs. P� Fri, 08 Oct 2004 00:50:22 -0700, skrev Robin <robinhood2@juno.com>: > How do I make Outlook 2000 the default mailer for all of windows? > > I want to right click on files in explorer and email; but a message > says that there is no email client set as default. > Thanks...........I don't know wh...

OutLook 2003 #2
which ports do OutLook 2003 access on Exchange 2003 server ? I have a setup of Exchange Server 2003 on Windows 2003 SBS. Have a router configured to allow only the specified ports. Now for Outlook 2003 which ports do i need to open. Thanks, Saj. Hi Saj, I would recommend you to use RPC over HTTP, please have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833401 -- Niclas Holmkvist Microsoft Exchange Support --- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Saj" <sajjadsomjee@spymac.com> wrote in message news:eRxpGVKdEHA.2384@TK2MSF...

outlook 2002
across the top, outlook today shows the date, but not the day. Is this changeable? ...

Two outlook 2002 questions
1.when i am creating a note, it lets me choose names from the contacts folder or data base. But, the names are alphabetized by first name, not last name. How do I change that. It is no help to have the first names alphabetized. 2.I have two email profiles in outlook 2002. how do i change the setup so that it prompts me as to which account that i want to read emails for? I can get mail form profile#1 but I can't get to profile#2. 1. Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort ord...

outlook web access #16
a user on the internet from the other side of the earth is trying to send an email using outlook web access on a 56k dialup. user cannot resolve the recipeint name and when they try to send the message, a popup states "failed to send item" ...

Upgrade from Outlook 2000 to 2007
I upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007. I have my old PST file for Outlook 2000. Now I have Outlook 2007 and I get a message to upgrade the PST to 2007 PST file. I would like to know how I would upgrade the PST file?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about O...

Prevent workbook from opening if macros are disabled
Is there any way that I can prevent the workbook from opening if th user chooses to disable macros ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com bondie, Sorry, but that can't be done. What can be done (and you have some answers in your previous post) is to make the workbook unusable if macros are disabled. Please note that Excel is by no means secure. Even if you protect and lock the VBA code, it's quite simple for an experienced user to crack it. There are als...

Outlook 2000 Archiving
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer my Outlook 2000 files from the hard drive to CD and subsequently re- open them from CD? If so, please advise how. Thank You! You cannot access Outlook files on a CD. Outlook needs both read and write access to the files. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Syndee" <Synthia.L.Morelli@BankofAmerica.com> wrote in message news:042301c34588$d7c07910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer my Outlook > 2000 files from the hard drive to CD and subsequent...

Outlook Categories and Exchange
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3351918075_18820292 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Are there any pitfalls regarding the use Outlook Categories in a calendar created by one user, but made available to all logged in users of an Exchange Server in SBS by placing that calendar in a Public Folder and designating it as a Favorite public folder? If a viewing user has created a set of categories for his/her personal ...

outlook #44
unable to xfer addresses over lan fron outlook 2ooo to another machine with outlook 2000, not enough options in import/export wizard. jcb Have you tried using a PST file (Personal Folder file) as the intermediary? There's no direct machine-to-machine option in the wizard "j bloyd" <jcblll@yahoo.comcom> wrote in message news:010501c39c0d$269e43c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > unable to xfer addresses over lan fron outlook 2ooo to > another machine with outlook 2000, not enough options in > import/export wizard. ...

E-mails Going to Wrong Recipients (Outlook 2003)
I have a major problem with e-mails that I forward/reply to going to the wrong e-mail address. The e-mails will have the correct e-mail address in them, but they are sent to the wrong e-mail address. This is very confusing. We have completed formatted this computer and have reinstalled everything in an attempt to solve the problem (Microsoft Support couldn't figure it out for us). It only does it to our laptop computer and not our other computers. Any ideas/thoughts will be appreciated! Perhaps a virus? Cheers, Jason "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Using Outlook for Contacts Only
Is there a way to configure Outlook to manage contacts only? I don't use it for email (I use MSN), and have 2000+ emails that are in the inbox. I think if I delete them on Outlook, they'll be deleted from MSN? I don't want them in both places. Help, please! AZGeld wrote: > Is there a way to configure Outlook to manage contacts only? I don't use it > for email (I use MSN), and have 2000+ emails that are in the inbox. I think > if I delete them on Outlook, they'll be deleted from MSN? I don't want them > in both places. Help, please! What do you mean b...

Outlook 2003 -> "Could not start Microsoft Office Outlook"
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened." I recieve this when opening Microsoft Outlook 2003. I reported this as an error when I was doing beta testing and now recieve it in the retail product still. I have noticed that the error occurs after you use Remote Desktop on a windows XP machine with outlook 2003 installed and setup using an exchange account. I have only been able to reproduce it myself and have not heard of anyone else recieving the error for the same reason that I am. I cannot open outloo...

activesync
after i install office 2002 the activesync cannot=20 syncronize calendar, notes, task and contacts and i got=20 the message "Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so=20 activesync cannot continue to run. To continue=20 syncronization, reinstall microsoft outlook. ..."=20 The inbox syncs without problems. I already install activesync 3.7.1 Can someone give some help. Thanks Jo=E3o ...

Outlook wants me to save changes to normal.dot
Whenever I exit Outlook 2003 after using Word to write or edit messages I am prompted to save changes to normal.dot, even when I just open the new message window and close it straight away without typing any text. I've gone through the knowledge base without finding any relevant fixes - no virus found by Norton, no add-ins or macros and my office 2003 startup folder is empty. My easy fix has always been to go back to using HTML instead of Word, but miss the functionality of tables and other Word features. There is a word addin that causes it - if you have acrobat it's addin ...

Prevent previous entered data from updating
File One.xls contains cells that pull information (i.e. a percentage of some number) from Two.xls. I want to be able to update information (the percentage) in Two.xls, then go back into One.xls and have the previous information stay the same (using the old percentage) and have any new data use the updated percentage. Any ideas? Sounds like you are dealing with linking formulas. As long as they remain formulas they will update with any change of data in Two.xls You must copy and paste special values which destroys the formulas unless you copy and paste to a new range. I...

html signature in outlook express 6
Any ideas how to insert a html signature in outlook express 6? Iv'e tried but the thing doesnt show up at the end of sent emails. howard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Any ideas how to insert a html signature in outlook > express 6? Iv'e tried but the thing doesnt show up at the > end of sent emails. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...