Activesync on PDA with Exchange server.

Hi. I'm really struggling here.
I have a Dell Axim X50v.

I have synchronised all my caendar items with my main Home PC.

I now want to synchronise all the calendar items on my PDA with my office
Exchange server.

I change dock the PDA, and enter the logon settings for the server etc. Set
it to do the past two weeks and all future appointments. it starts to sync.
says 708 items remaining, gets to about 70 odd, then comes up with warnings
on the device, saying the following failed to sychronise on the device, and
then lists a load of future and past appointments.

I try again, and THIS time, synchronises a few more, but with 356 items
remaining, stops short again, and THEN tells me warnings that it couldn't
synchronise a load of appointments from OVER two weeks ago, when i
specifically asked it not to sync past two weeks.

Can anyone help me here? i'm tearing my hair out.

Ian

0
ian (162)

microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync - it is not an Outlook problem but a
problem with the Exchange synch from activesync.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Ian asked:

| Hi. I'm really struggling here.
| I have a Dell Axim X50v.
|
| I have synchronised all my caendar items with my main Home PC.
|
| I now want to synchronise all the calendar items on my PDA with my
| office Exchange server.
|
| I change dock the PDA, and enter the logon settings for the server
| etc. Set it to do the past two weeks and all future appointments. it
| starts to sync. says 708 items remaining, gets to about 70 odd, then
| comes up with warnings on the device, saying the following failed to
| sychronise on the device, and then lists a load of future and past
| appointments.
|
| I try again, and THIS time, synchronises a few more, but with 356
| items remaining, stops short again, and THEN tells me warnings that
| it couldn't synchronise a load of appointments from OVER two weeks
| ago, when i specifically asked it not to sync past two weeks.
|
| Can anyone help me here? i'm tearing my hair out.
|
| Ian

0
MillyS (3228)
4/1/2006 4:53:07 PM
On further investigation, adding new entries into either the Outlook
calendar, or the PDA calendar, these entries DO synchronise with the server.

HOWEVER, I believe that the entries that are NOT synchronising are those
that have been entered into outllok using NOKIA PC Suite sychronisation.

Are calendar entries that have been sourced from a mobile phone different to
those entered directly into outlook. Do they contain different sync codes or
something that prevent them from being accepted by an exchange server?

"Ian" wrote:

> Hi. I'm really struggling here.
> I have a Dell Axim X50v.
>
> I have synchronised all my caendar items with my main Home PC.
>
> I now want to synchronise all the calendar items on my PDA with my office
> Exchange server.
>
> I change dock the PDA, and enter the logon settings for the server etc. Set
> it to do the past two weeks and all future appointments. it starts to sync.
> says 708 items remaining, gets to about 70 odd, then comes up with warnings
> on the device, saying the following failed to sychronise on the device, and
> then lists a load of future and past appointments.
>
> I try again, and THIS time, synchronises a few more, but with 356 items
> remaining, stops short again, and THEN tells me warnings that it couldn't
> synchronise a load of appointments from OVER two weeks ago, when i
> specifically asked it not to sync past two weeks.
>
> Can anyone help me here? i'm tearing my hair out.
>
> Ian

0
ian (162)

Disconnecting from Exchange through a VPN and using an Hosted exchange service
Hi, All. My client here in LA has a NYC office. We're just switched the LA office to Macs. And from an internal Exchange server to a remote host. The issue is the NYC office. PCs that are, for the moment, using the server in LA to connect. They're logging into the domain. We want to switch them over to this hosted exchange server/service. Can they go into the user account and switch the connection to local instead of domain? And set up a new exchange profile/account? Will they be able to see what has been on their desktop? Once everyone is on the hosted exchange server we'll tu...

Cannot create protection group for SharePoint on Server 2003, DPM
Hi, I am trying to protect SharePoint (Moss 2007, SP 2) on a server running Server 2003 SP2. SharePoint is simply not an option in the Create Protection Group wizard. The following commands have been run on the SharePoint server: 1) ConfigureSharepoint -enableSharePointProtection 2) ConfigureSharepoint -enableSPSearchProtection with success and the server has been restarted. Can anyone help - please. PS. Creating protection groups for System State and Volumes works OK. Do you get any error message when you expand the server in Create Protection Group Wizard? Have...

Exchange Backup #17
Hello Friends, We are using Ex 2003 sp2 and SBS 2003. I want to know that, to keep up-to-date my Exchange DB and get rid of trans logs files, can i take daily full backup of Exchange server. so that in case of any databse error or other page error, i can resotre without replay trans log files. I also want to confirm that when we take a full backup all trans logs are committed to database and we do not need those trans log files. Regards Gureey you may want to see this Exchange Server 2003 Disaster Recovery Operations http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A58F49C5-11...

activesync
after i install office 2002 the activesync cannot=20 syncronize calendar, notes, task and contacts and i got=20 the message "Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so=20 activesync cannot continue to run. To continue=20 syncronization, reinstall microsoft outlook. ..."=20 The inbox syncs without problems. I already install activesync 3.7.1 Can someone give some help. Thanks Jo=E3o ...

Exchange 2003 Delivery failure notifications not going through
I have one user on Entourage 2008. When a message she sends is not delivered, she does not get a notification that it did not go through. I can see the messages sitting on the server in the local delivery queue but I have no idea how to get them to go where they need to go. any help would be appreciated. Stephanie ...

Exchange Open Relay help needed
Hello all, I followed the instructions in article 823157 to turn off the Open Relay. The problem is that the article states "the default behavior for Exchange 2003 is to restrict the relay of messages to a recipient in another domain". Well, I am here to tell you that our SBS 2003 w/Exchange installation was configured as default, and the server was an Open Relay. The test method described in the article confirmed it. The fact that we had 54,000 outbound mail messages in our SMTP also confirmed it. The only way we were ablt to stop the relay was to remove all on the entries in the D...

Upsizing A2000 to SQL Server 2000
Hi all, I am attempting to upsize my Access 2000 database to SQL Server database. The SQL Server database already exists and was created by my web host provider. I created an ODBC connection to the SQL Server database. I tested it and made sure the connection was successful. I then went to Access and started the Upsizing Wizard. I chose "Use existing database", and then went through the process of selecting the ODBC connection I made earlier. At this point, I get the following error message: [DBNETLIB][(ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...

.NET password servers still in trouble?
Hi, all, I haven't been able to sign in to money for over a week. Are the .NET password servers still in trouble? I got desperate today and changed my .NET passport altogether. I guess that was a mistake. Now, I can't open my file with either passport, or even without either of them. Even if I choose 'Skip Sign In' and enter the correct password for the file, I get an error message saying "The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file" I get this with every combination of blanks, old .NET passport, new .NET passport, and passwords. Am I ho...

Outlook Categories and Exchange
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3351918075_18820292 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Are there any pitfalls regarding the use Outlook Categories in a calendar created by one user, but made available to all logged in users of an Exchange Server in SBS by placing that calendar in a Public Folder and designating it as a Favorite public folder? If a viewing user has created a set of categories for his/her personal ...

Activesync
This was annoying me this morning. I use Win 7 x64 and CE6. It occurs to me that I have never run the CETK in this setup - when I tried I got some cryptic message "unable to load device side components" (actually it means cannot find them on the hard drive) whenever I tried the test the activesync connection in the CETK. This is for an ARM target, but the same rules apply for others I suspect. If you came across this do the following: Create a copy af the armv4i dir as armv4: mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE Tool...

Need a "rule" for one Exchange server mailboxes only
Here's my setup: One domain - One front end server - 25 back end servers (different cities). I have one office that is moving and the office manager would like for all of his employees to have a "blurb" on the end of their e-mails giving the new office location, etc. I don't want this to be a "disclaimer" of sorts since it should go to those 80 employees contacts and not all 2500 users contacts. Is there any way I can set up something that says any mailbox on server xxx should get this rule/disclaimer type information? Anyone have any idea what the best wa...

Exchange filesytem hiarchy
I just installed Exchange server standard 2003. I am new to this but everything seems to be working the way I like. But there is one more question left. Everything is installed on one server on c:/program files/exchange. Now I read that it is better to move some stuff like mailboxes? storage file? to a different hardisk. I have one empty harddisk left of 75GB. Could you please tell me which things I should move to this drive for better performance? and how? Thanks John This really depends on how many users you have and how heavily they use Exchange. However, given that only have one disk I ...

Exchange on a SBS 2003
I am getting the below error when I send emails to persons in my office. I havent change anything so I dont know why it's telling me I dont have permission .. Sam Puse on 7/06/2006 1:32 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=CFCG:CFCG-FILESERVER This sounds like a delivery restriction on the persons mailbox - look at the user object Properties / 'Exchange General' tab / 'Delivery Restrictions'. See if messages will only be accepted from specified senders. (should ...

RPC over HTTP Proxy on Windows 2000 server?
Is it possible to install RPC over HTTP Proxy on a Windows server? If it is how? What is COM Internet Services Proxy? Does it do the same thing as RPC over HTTP Proxy? I believe a requirement is at least one DC (and a GC to boot) needs to be a Windows Server 2003 DC. "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961741CE-CB6A-470C-A5C3-254DD888A3DE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to install RPC over HTTP Proxy on a Windows server? If it > is > how? What is COM Internet Services Proxy? Does it do the same thing as RPC > over HTTP Proxy? Is th...

Exchange 2003 Databse Maintenance
I need to run maintenance on my Exchange 2003 database. However size limitation in free space pohibits this operation. I am curious if anyone has tried the following (or knows of an alternate way) Can I copy the database files to another drive (one with more headroom) and perform the funtion there, then copy the database back? Thanks for your help -Don On 6 Jan 2005 11:14:12 -0800, "Don" <dlafave@cox.net> wrote: >I need to run maintenance on my Exchange 2003 database. However size >limitation in free space pohibits this operation. I am curious if >anyone has tried ...

activesync and outlook
I am using my handheld with syncing with outlook at work and at home. All works fine at work. When I connect at home, it attempts to resolve all the attendees associated with all of the appointments in my calendar. It fails and when I start the resolve process, I get a message that says it does not recognize a name (e.g., Smith,John). When I select the show more names dialog, it does three strange things: 1) It is showing the names from which to select as "<first name> <last name>" and seems to think mayvbe that Smith is the start of the first name. 2) John ...

Enable ActiveSync
Hi there, i my image i had the ActiveSync support. Then i touched something in the Catalog Items View and now i don't have the usb connection with WinCE60. Sure i stripped off the Standard shell and the usb mouse support.. In the device manager i see a device called 'Microsoft USB sync' but the ActiveSync doesn't connect. Which any other items do i need to select? Now: ActiveSync + File sync Thanks -- SteM For active Sync to work you need to have "Standard Shell" in your OS image. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ &...

Exchange issue on MS Cluster
Hi, Sorry for the long post, trying to make sure I have everything Background: Windows 2003 Cluster Exchange 2003 Cluster, singlee virtual server in Active/Passive config (3 node cluster) Additional SRS server Exchange 5.5 server Single site, single Org When the Exchange cluster was installed (new resource created), the Data path was configured as M:\Exchsrvr (located on shared SAN as physical disk) The server is currently not live (only has test users, public folder replicas, not primary RUS) It has been decided that they wish to remove Exchange from the M: drive and change the dri...

Exchange Hosting and PW Changes
Hello, We are hosting an Exchange 2k3 server that customers access via a VPN connection using the Outlook 2003 client. The Exchange server is it's own AD server and is separate from the end-users AD environments. We have implemented password expirations, but due to the pass-through authentication that appears to be used in a VPN/hosted configuration, the "14 day reminder" messages are never displayed.. How do others handle this? I'm planning to write a daily vbScript to send email notifications, but is there something better? Thanks, Troy ...

Import Exchange 5.5 objects into a different AD Forest as contacts
Is it possible to automate the importation of user accounts from Exchange 5.5 in a foreign forest into another forest as contacts? If it is possible, what tools would be used for that? Any instructions or pointers are welcome. I tried Interorg Syncronization Tool. It is from Backoffice resource kit. But i did not manage to make it work...You maybe will have more succes than me.. "TD" wrote: > Is it possible to automate the importation of user accounts from Exchange 5.5 > in a foreign forest into another forest as contacts? If it is possible, what > tools would be us...

Sync'ing with a WinMob PDA
I'm trying to work out how to sync my desktop Outlook's email with my PDA. In the settings it says to "download last three days" and in html format. However, while all the folders that I use in Outlook are on the PDA there are no messages in them. Is there a trick to performing this function? I can sync calendar data without any problems but not emails. "Marts" <marts@ymail.com> wrote in message news:ve6u951rm344bp2tost87e64ug8aggc8pu@ymail.com... > I'm trying to work out how to sync my desktop Outlook's email with my PDA. > In > the s...

USB Client and ActiveSync
Hi: I got a "propritary Board" - Intel Atom CPU, with "USB client" port. So I can connect it using Activesync. I also got the "VID" vendor id and "PID" product id, for example currently we use "8086" and "A6CD". What the registry I need to add and modified to let ActiveSync to connect to this board? In the platform batch file I had set BSP_NOSERIAL= BSP_NOUSBSER= So the NK.bin will include Serial dll and usbser.dll Now, I modified some registry to the Serial_Class and USBSER_CLASS [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\F...

exchange over the internet
Hi, I have SBS 03 and I want to have my mobile users connect to exchange using the "exchange over internet" option. I typed in our static IP address our ISP gave us. We use this same IP to use remote work place and it works. Is this all I type in? Do I have to do something on our server? Thank you, ...

Exchange ActiveSync error 85010001
I've had this issue with a Treo 700w for several days, and have tried many suggested methods to resolve. These included: - Setting a new exchange-oma virtual directory for syncing - Enabling / Disabling form based authentication - Verifying OMA was working correctly - Trying with / without SSL (enabling / disabling ssl as an option for /exchange virtual directory) All of the suggested resolutions in many of the forums had limited success with many of the posters / forum participants. I wanted to get it out to everyone just how I managed to get this working, to hopefully save them some ...

Problems with exchange 5.5 can't remove false internet mail connector
Well I can't remove it, if i try it says network "address is invalid" i've tried to stop intenet mail service and remove it after that no luck. Backup the directory. Raw delete the connector. admin /r or admin -r Highlight -> Delete Raw Object -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm <ismo.utriai...