ActiveSync 3.7 doesn't stay up to date with Outlook 2003

I just recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from XP) and
I've found that my Pocket PC won't stay current with
emails while it's connected to my PC in the cradle.  I've
noticed the problem when I delete emails from my inbox on
the PC or I move emails to a folder on the PC.  I would
expect ActiveSync to fire up and update the Pocket PC but
it doesn't seem to recognize that anything has changed.

However, if I disconnect the Pocket PC from the cradle
and reconnect it seems to recognize the differences and
get itself up to date.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Any ideas of how to fix it.

I was running Pocket PC 2002 on my Compaq (HP) 3955 when
I first encounted the problem but updated to Pocket PC
2003 to see if that would fix the problem. No luck.
0
rwhitney (1)

You might want to post this to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the
are the experts on that matter.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Russ Whitney <rwhitney@proclarity.com> asked:

| I just recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from XP) and
| I've found that my Pocket PC won't stay current with
| emails while it's connected to my PC in the cradle.  I've
| noticed the problem when I delete emails from my inbox on
| the PC or I move emails to a folder on the PC.  I would
| expect ActiveSync to fire up and update the Pocket PC but
| it doesn't seem to recognize that anything has changed.
|
| However, if I disconnect the Pocket PC from the cradle
| and reconnect it seems to recognize the differences and
| get itself up to date.
|
| Has anyone seen this problem?  Any ideas of how to fix it.
|
| I was running Pocket PC 2002 on my Compaq (HP) 3955 when
| I first encounted the problem but updated to Pocket PC
| 2003 to see if that would fix the problem. No luck.

0
MillyS1 (1480)
10/15/2003 3:09:59 AM
"Russ Whitney" <rwhitney@proclarity.com> wrote in news:029b01c39292
$d45f4600$a401280a@phx.gbl:

> I just recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from XP) and
> I've found that my Pocket PC won't stay current with
> emails while it's connected to my PC in the cradle.  I've
> noticed the problem when I delete emails from my inbox on
> the PC or I move emails to a folder on the PC.  I would
> expect ActiveSync to fire up and update the Pocket PC but
> it doesn't seem to recognize that anything has changed.
>
> However, if I disconnect the Pocket PC from the cradle
> and reconnect it seems to recognize the differences and
> get itself up to date.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem?  Any ideas of how to fix it.

<snip>

See if AS (3.71 is the latest version) has changed to sync on "Connect"
from "Continiously"

Check the setting under Tools/Options/Schedule

--
Trevor S

-Albert Einstein
0
bill637 (7)

Date to Words
I need some help changing a date such as 11-Aug-05 to "the eleventh day of August, two thousand five. I used the file in Excel 2000 that made the conversion but it is not working with my Excel 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. -- Frustrated Rather than recreate the wheel, I suggest recreating the conditions under which the XL2k file worked. It may have something to do with add-ins: with the Excel 2000 file open, click >Tools >Add-Ins, and select the same features that were selected in Excel 2000. This may require a bit of trial and error or informed guesses, but...

Outlook Categories and Exchange
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3351918075_18820292 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Are there any pitfalls regarding the use Outlook Categories in a calendar created by one user, but made available to all logged in users of an Exchange Server in SBS by placing that calendar in a Public Folder and designating it as a Favorite public folder? If a viewing user has created a set of categories for his/her personal ...

outlook #44
unable to xfer addresses over lan fron outlook 2ooo to another machine with outlook 2000, not enough options in import/export wizard. jcb Have you tried using a PST file (Personal Folder file) as the intermediary? There's no direct machine-to-machine option in the wizard "j bloyd" <jcblll@yahoo.comcom> wrote in message news:010501c39c0d$269e43c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > unable to xfer addresses over lan fron outlook 2ooo to > another machine with outlook 2000, not enough options in > import/export wizard. ...

functional currency #3
Hi their i entered the functional curreny then GP says check links for Multycurrency setup file to update currency field !!!!!!!!!!!! i went to made a purchase order entry , GP says order processing setup is missing or dameged !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks It seems Purchase Order Processing never setup, go to Tools --> Setup --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order Processing, and click on OK. Regards, -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.c...

Exchange 2003 Delivery failure notifications not going through
I have one user on Entourage 2008. When a message she sends is not delivered, she does not get a notification that it did not go through. I can see the messages sitting on the server in the local delivery queue but I have no idea how to get them to go where they need to go. any help would be appreciated. Stephanie ...

activesync
after i install office 2002 the activesync cannot=20 syncronize calendar, notes, task and contacts and i got=20 the message "Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so=20 activesync cannot continue to run. To continue=20 syncronization, reinstall microsoft outlook. ..."=20 The inbox syncs without problems. I already install activesync 3.7.1 Can someone give some help. Thanks Jo=E3o ...

CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade
Hi- I am looking to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in the coming months. Our current environment consists of the following. CRM - Windows 2000 Server, CRM 1.2 SQL - Windows 2000 Server, SQL 2000 I would like to move CRM and SQL onto new servers running Windows 2003 Server. I will also be upgrading to SQL 2005 on the SQL box. Can someone please tell me the recommended upgrade path for this? Thanks! Migrate your existing system to the new servers and validate. Then upgrade to CRM 3.0 and finally upgrade to sql 2005. The implementation guide will help you redeploy to new servers. Think of ...

Need help moving Contacts over to Outlook Express 6
Can anyone carefully walk me through moving ALL my Contacts from Outlook to the Address Book in Outlook Express 6 THANK YOU! "Rossey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B6776BB-5FFB-4415-A227-F381659CA5E6@microsoft.com... > Can anyone carefully walk me through moving ALL my Contacts from Outlook to the Address Book in Outlook Express 6? > THANK YOU! In OE go to File-Import and follow the instructions. Can only do it that way if the Outlook email addresses are stored in a Pab, you have to go into Outlook and export the contacts to a CSV and t...

Acrobat 7
I see that version 7 can now save MS Publisher files as PDFs directly from the application as it does with Word, etc. Now, I can print Publisher files to the PDF printer. So, is there an advantage to this feature, is it worth the upgrade? BTW, I use Publisher almost exclusively. "James E Middleton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eHB$j9wMFHA.1308@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I see that version 7 can now save MS Publisher files as PDFs directly from >the application as it does with Word, etc. > > Now, I can print Publisher files to the PDF...

Publisher Clip art #3
I have Microsoft Publisher 98. I have lost my disk! that contains all my clip-art. I can preview the pictures but not insert them. I have the Clipart file number (i.e. DD01658.wmf) but cannot find the design on Microsoft online Clipart and Media. There are several clip art images I am looking at right now that are that way. Is there anyway I can search Microsoft for them of get them somewhere else? Microsoft changes the clipart now and then. Much of the legacy clipart is gone from the Office web site. If you have a list of images you need, let me know and I will put them on a web pag...

Duplicate entries #3
How do I weed out duplicates in an excel file? Do I just sort them and look through or is there a way to pick them out? Cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dancingbear72" <dancingbear72.yhu4c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dancingbear72.yhu4c@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I weed out duplicates in an excel file? > > Do I just sort them and look through or is there a way to pick them > out? > > Cheers ...

Creating custom rules on Outlook 2003 or 2007
I accidentally sent an email to a contact on my list who had the same first name as the contact for whom the original email was intended. This got me into some serious problems at work and I cannot have this happen again. I need to create a Rule or an Alert that asks for confirmation for every email I send out. Basically, once I hit SEND on every email, it should display a message like: "are you sure you want to send this email to name@gmail.com?". I just need to make sure every time that the intended recepient is the correct one. Please can anyone help me here? ...

Outlook error #24
getting a "OLE Registration" error on Outlook 2000 & cannot acces the program...Reinstall & Repair from the program install disk does nothing to correct the problem Help.......pls. BD ...

Help with date range please
I have a bunch of data access pages set up. Working showing the datafor a particular data.I have new plans and need to have a date range choosen by a user onthe page itself, then that data to be shown for the entered range.so the query would be a select query summing with the date criteriabeingbetween [startdate] and [enddate]problem is how do i either create a calendar control or two drop downson the page itself that the user can change to view the nessisarydata. Im assuming a command button will also be needed.is there a way to pass the values from controls on a dap to thequery ???...

Outlook Security Update Nuisance
How do I stop this annoying message in Outlook 2000? A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". I think there is a registry setting that will stop this. Does anyone know it? -- Regards, Slarty Bartfast - He who hesitates is not lost, just miles from the nearest exit. "Slarty Bartfast" <Slarty@Bartfast.com> wrote: >How do I stop this annoying message in Outlook 2000? > >A program is trying to access e-mail addresses y...

Attachments #3
One of our execs asked me why his attachments appear within the message body and not in an attachment line up by the address. He likes to get attachments on the line box so he doesn't have to open the whole message. Does anybody know why this occurs? How do I change the setting. In article <0e2e01c3462c$fb82bb20$a501280a@phx.gbl>, ssaunders@fnfinc.com says... > One of our execs asked me why his attachments appear > within the message body and not in an attachment line up > by the address. He likes to get attachments on the line > box so he doesn't have to ope...

Get rid of "Date: Today" sub-headers from Inbox???
I just installed Outlook 2003. In my Inbox, the email is divided up and organized by these collapsable little sub-headers, such as: Date: Today Date: Yesterday Date: Monday I really want to get rid of these so that my email simply appears as one long list. Can someone help me figure out how to do this? Disable "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.co...

Modeless Dialog #3
Hi all. I write an application to create a modeless dialog but I have a problem, when I minimize it parent window it will be minized too. How can I disable this. Please help me. Thank you. This is just a guess because I haven't tried it yet: handle the WM_SHOWWINDOW message (OnShowWindow). if the nStatus is SW_PARENTCLOSING, it is because the parent/owner is being minimized. In this case, you may be able to restore the window with a call to ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) In article <#yswE3jaFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, binhnv@newcenturysoft.com says... > Hi all. > >...

Public Folder Problem #3
Dear All, There is a problem when click the public folder each time it prompt up a error message as follows; (Under Outlook the newgroup can't display) The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. ID no.:c1030af0 Exchange System Manager Can anyone give me adive howto fix this problem? Thank you very much Sewaki Hi, I am having the same issue... I was wondering how you were able to resolve the problem? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Luis "Sewaki" wrote: > Dear All...

How to share Outlook 03 Calendar?
Hi guys, How can I share a calendar in Outlook 03 with my networked laptop running Outlook 07? THe work computer running 03 has "share calendar" greyed out. CUrrently I'm getting around things by using SyncMyCal but it's not really ideal because I'm not a great fan of Google Calendar. I just really want to be able to view and edit my office appointments on my laptop. Unfortunately my Palm Pilot doesn't recognise Office 07, otherwise I would have synced between work and laptop that way. Please help me sort my life out? B Hi Bobby, have a look on this sites: Out...

Outlook Express Errors
I'm setting up new computers (Dell Dimensions running XP Pro) for my agency. I've installed Office 2003. Some users run Outlook as their email client and others run Outlook Express. All users run under Limited Accounts. After setting up Outlook Express and trying to create an email, I get the dreaded: "Address Book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured, please re-install" followed by: "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred. " Now remember this is a fresh install on a new computer so I'm sure it is not ...

Picture It! #3
Why won't Picture it open after latest windows XP update? David1946 wrote: > Why won't Picture it open after latest windows XP update? ======================================= This is not enough info to offer a solution. Which update are you referring to? SP2? Which version of Picture It! are you using? Do you receive errors? What are they? BTW, there is a Picture It! newsgroup:] Go to the following site: http://tinyurl.com/218p Wait for the page to load. (if the newsgroup list doesn't load, left click your Refresh button) Scroll down the list in the left pane to: &quo...

Hanging Resource Calendar
Hanging Resource Calendar - Outlook 2007 on Vista Enterprise Has generic resources hanging on outlook profile. If send meeting request from the resource calendar, says "Person's name on behalf of the Calendar" Is there a way to get the from field added, like when do a new message, you can have a From field and it sent from the resource. Want same From options for new meeting request. Can't find anywhere to get this option Can this be done please help. Thanks I figured it out. "Nadine" wrote: > Hanging Resource Calendar - Outlook 2007 ...

Activesync
This was annoying me this morning. I use Win 7 x64 and CE6. It occurs to me that I have never run the CETK in this setup - when I tried I got some cryptic message "unable to load device side components" (actually it means cannot find them on the hard drive) whenever I tried the test the activesync connection in the CETK. This is for an ARM target, but the same rules apply for others I suspect. If you came across this do the following: Create a copy af the armv4i dir as armv4: mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE Tool...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...