Active X Control in Outlook

I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he
gets the following error.  Your current security settings prohibit running
Active X Control on this page.  As a result, the page may not display
correctly.  The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer.  I
tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but no
go.  Where is the setting to disable this restriction.  The user has some
images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error.

Thanks.
0
Anthony2219 (255)

Sounds like a default signature to me. Tried recreating the (HTML) signature
already?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he
> gets the following error.  Your current security settings prohibit running
> Active X Control on this page.  As a result, the page may not display
> correctly.  The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer.
> tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but
> no
> go.  Where is the setting to disable this restriction.  The user has some
> images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error.
>
> Thanks.

0
Roady

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

Lebans Calendar Control
I have a continuous subform embedded on a main form. The Totals query underlying the subform calculates the total number of hours and their value based on each staff member's BillingRate. The subform is linked to the main form by the ProjectNumber. There is query criteria that references two textboxes on the main form that hold the starting and ending date of the period to be examined. I am attempting to use Steven Lebans fantastic calendar control to select the start and end dates, afterwhich I want to requery the subform, but for reasons I don't understand, changing the dat...

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

Popup dialog controls in doc/view app
Hi, I'm working on a text editor project using RichEditCtrl as my starting point. I want to be able to programatically (like on a WM_LBUTTONDOWN or something) create things like combo boxes, rich edit controls, etc. and so far haven't had much joy. Should I be able to use the Create method to achieve the desired effect? In my project I have the files that have been generated by Visual Studio and I was thinking that I might have to declare a variable: myProjectView.h ---------------- CRichEditCtrl m_myRichEdit; and then create it: myProjectView.cpp ------------------ m_myRichEdit...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

importar emails y cuentas desde Outlook Express 6 a Windows Mail
Me acabo de comprar un laptop con Windows Vista, mi anterior Laptop tenia XP y usaba el Outlook Express 6 y necesito pasar todos esos emails a Windows Mail, alguien me puede explicar como?? ...

Outlook 2007 Can't Create Signature
I thought I'd add this here just in case someone had a similar problem: Pressing the signature button within Outlook 2007 options didn't cause the signature editor to appear (also the editor options didn't cause the editor options to appear) Fix: I'd noticed earlier in the day that I couldn't "view source" from within internet explorer. Deleting the temporary internet files fixed this, and the problems above. HTH Regards, Mark ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Outlook Send Rule help
Hi Outlook experts, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set up a rule for messages not to be sent if they didn't have a certain e-maill address CC'd if the main address was a certain address. For example if I was to try and send an e-mail to bnorth@melb.org.au, Outlook wouldn't let me send the e-mail unless billnorth@hotmail.com was either also an addressee or CC'd in. Alternatively I want a rule that would prevent me sending a e-mail to any @melb.org.au address unless billnorth@hotmail.com was the CC address. Is it possible to acheive what I want to do? Bill You can cr...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Outlook 2003 link problem
When I click on a link in my inbox, I receive the following error: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have checked my security settings in IE and locally, but cannot find anything that would restrict access. Also, I tried using the fix suggestions for this problem related to outlook 2002, KB article 310049. Any suggestions would be welcome. ...

ActiveX control with chart
I have an ActiveX control producing some special charts which cannot be done in Excel itself. I would like to embed this control into Excel sheets, and they should behave similar to Excel charts (e.g. resize when the lower right corner is grabbed and moved). The chart object in Excel does have an OLEObjects function method, so it seems to be able to report embedded OLEObjects, but it does not have an Add method for such objects. Can I embed my ActiveX object in a chart, or at least resizably in a worksheet? OLEObject's don't have a resize event, so "plain" embedding does not...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Outlook 2002 and OWA
I was just wondering if there was any way to use the outlook client to connect to OWA (bypassing the use of the web browser totally). I use Outlook to connect to my HotMail this way and find that it would be much easier for all my users to do this. Will this functionality be included in Exchange2003 by chance? thanks Robert Crooks Computer & Network Systems Administrator Ivaco Rolling Mills ...

cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document (OS X, Office 2004)
I just bought my first Mac ever (Mac Mini with OS X) and installed a fresh Office 2004 into it. However, I cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document, which I use a lot. First i get a message saying something like "cannot find server PowerPoint.Slide.8" (I run the Swedish version so I have translated the error mess to english here) If I start Powerpoint manually and then doubleclick again on the ppt-object in Word it also fails, but then the mess is something like "cannot edit PowerPoint.Slide.8" Somebody said that there could be a clash between some fre...

Error in Outlook 2000 / Exch 5.5
If I delete some messages with larger attachments, the operation is not successful. The error message: "A client operation has failed" is displayed. It is perhaps a problem of sthe information store? I already checked the priv.edb, pub.edb and dir edb with eseutil /g /v /x but no error is displayed. What is also a little bit strange, if I open an e-mail with a larger attachment, it takes sometimes 10-20 seconds until the message is displayed. The server has 1 GB RAM (700 M are used) and processor is 20 % usage on the average. We also made a defrag with eseutil /d but it didn't s...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Getting Outlook data from 2002 to Express
How do I get the Contacts, Tasks and Calendar data from Outlook 2002 to Outlook Express? Assuming you mean the copy of OE that is installed on the same machine as Outlook, either use the Import/Export wizard on Outlook's File menu, or the Import command on OE's File menu to copy the data. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:007001c3aeb3$37e21bd0$a101280a@phx.gbl, jl wrote: > How do I get the Contacts, Tasks and Calendar data from > Ou...

Date and Time on X-axis
I have three columns (Date, Time, and Temperature) that I am trying t graph as a scatter chart. I would like Date and Time together on th x-axis and I would like Temperature on the y-axis. I can't get th date and time combined on the x-axis. There are multiple measurement on the same day and the measurements are not spaced evenly. I woul like the scale to be with a consistent unit (i.e. certain number o hours between points). Any suggestions? Thanks, Cind -- cdought ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cdoughty's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Outlook Connect
Is anyone familiar with Genius@Work's Outlook Connect which connects outlook to a database? If so, I have some specific questions. ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Please help, problem with Outlook 2002 freezing
I am having an odd problem with Outlook 2002 hanging when started. It makes it to right to the point where it tries to check for new mail, then hangs. When I close it and do the end program deal, then try to reopen it, it seems to work fine. This happens everytime I use Outlook. Any ideas anyone??? Thanks! find and delete the *.srs file for your profile. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm if you need help finding it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...