Activate contacts autofill

How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a
contacts name in the To field ?
regards
reidarT

0
thorsvik (1)

Outlook 2003
Tools - Options - Email Options - Advance Email Options - Suggest names
while completing To, Cc and Bcc fields.

"Reidar" <thorsvik@online.no> wrote in message
> How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a
> contacts name in the To field ?
> regards
> reidarT

0
John
8/5/2008 8:22:57 PM
Reidar <thorsvik@online.no> wrote:

> How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to
> write a contacts name in the To field ?

Outlook doesn't have "contacts autofill".  The autocompletion feature for
which John describes the activation doesn't reference your contacts in any
way.  It remembers the most recent 1,000 resolved addresses, usually
generated by you sending a message to someone.  The remembered recipient
addresses might be in your Contacts because you chose them from there, or
they may somply be addresses you've manually typed in a recipient field.
Here's a complete explanation: http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Outlook 2003 Contact files
I forgot to expert my contact data in Outlook 2003 before I had to reformat the harddrive and do PC Restore from Dell. In another dump move I forgot to print out the data. Fortunately I did make a full back up of all my files. I know the Contact data must be in the back up somewhere but I can't identify the files. Can anyone help? "Roberta Kay" <Roberta Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A97608-3D82-4A32-B404-8432480063FD@microsoft.com... >I forgot to expert my contact data in Outlook 2003 before I had to reformat > the harddrive and do P...

master contact and calendar lists
Greetings all. I have an exchange server on my network and I want to create 2 master calendars and 1 master contact list. 3 or 4 users should have admin rights to it and the rest read only rights. Is creating them in a public folder the only way to go about this? Would it be better just to create a few user accounts just to create the above items? Or is there a better way to go about doing this? Any info or suggestions would be great. Think about it from admin and user perspective - public folders is easier, imo. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "st...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Contacts list causes program to crash
Someone at the office is running on a W2K professional with Outlook 2000 and has run into a problem when accessing her Contacts list from the Address Book. This only started today after she did her last Windows Update. This doesn't happen to any other of her lists. When she scrolls or pages through the list, it always stops at the same place and then the program crashes. This happens everytime and always at the same place. I assume this is might be a corrupted list. Is this a text file that I can fix or is it some type of database file? Thanks, Tom ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

multiple contacts for e mails
Have outlook 2007 with 1500 contact details but only use 300 for e mails. How can I create just an e mail list or address book and how do I get this to show as it displays the default address book only.2003 could point to a number of contact lists Nothing has changed. What makes you think it has? Just configure the Outlook Address Book. It will display as many folders as you want, just as it always has. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAAA8DC-3525-4AD0-A1D3-9155AD02E49E@microsoft.com... > Have outlook 20...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

backup contacts groups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable any way to backup/export the groups from the contacts. export CVS does not save the groups lists. mikeyshd ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3Dtext...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

Outlook 2003 w/ Business Contact Manager
I have an Office 2003 Professional cd. Is it possible that I have a version of Office 2003 Pro that doesn't contain Outlook 2003 w/ Business Contact Manager? Or am I way off and BCM is an Outlook 2003 add-in? In any event, I would like to use the Business Contact Manager feature. How can I get a copy of the BCM installer? I really do not want to purchase another copy of the Office 2003 pro suite just for this feature. You need to install this from the cd using Add/remove programs. I think it's under Office Tools, but look at everything on the cd to find it and other stuff...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Mail-merge set as default to create activities?
Hello, After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes rather then no. My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting to clieck yes! Thanks, Katherine If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack". "K" wrote: > Hello, > > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to cre...

How can I close multiple activities at once
From a customer I got the question: is it possible to close multiple activities (f.i. 300 phonecall created by a Quick Campaign) at once? They DON'T want to delete them! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Activate an active workbook with name x
First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'. How do I later move back to that specific workbook? Something I needed would look like: ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate tx Gmick, I think fname is a variable in your program. If so, Workbooks(fname).Activate -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message news:R6LRc.58621$i7.23416@amsnews05.chello.com... > First I do a sav...

File As option in contacts
Hi, Is there a way for the File As option in contacts to set to (First Name Last Name). I tried this ::: Tools, Option, Contact Options, Default File As Order ... But it works for any new contacts being entered. What about the existing contacts which are filed as Last Name, First Name? More than 300 contacts are filed as Last Name, First Name and i want to change them to First Name Last Name, so that after sync with Pocket PC I get the contacts as First Name Last Name in Pocket PC as well. The only way I know is open individual contact and change the setting. But I have 300+ entries. Is th...

Outlook 2003 will not close
Have done something but not sure what and now Outlook will not close. In the Task Manager it is found that Word and Outlook are still running. To get Outlook to run again both processes have to be stopped. Outlook has been taken off the machine and put back again with no change. Any help useful. Thanks. May have found the culprit. Noted that WinFaxPro had put a link into Outlook about sending faxes by email. Removed WinFaxPro - it would not work anyway - and Outlook now shuts down OK. Also removed something called Bulls Eye Network which had installed itself on the computer. Had to ...