ACT! Address Book integration

When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name
is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look
up' found the name in...

example:  Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!)

Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/
~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/

autocomplete address list (*.NK2) and Exchange
Hi! People in my company complains that after change of mail system to MS Exchange some address from autcomplete address list disappeared. I noticed that those addresses are automatically removed when users get undelivered reports from Mail System (user quota exceed or something like this). If sending emails accomplished without any undelivered reports then autocomplete list working great. In the mail system without Exchange this problem gone. Clients has MS Outlook 2003 SP2. Do you have some advice? Best regards PS. I'm sorry for my English. ...

DMF from ACT
Hello, I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel). However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database. Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this. It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this and really don't find it. Find a partner in your area who has done ACT! to MS CRM conversions. Data Migration is not an easy task, in fact it is the hardest task associated with migrating to MS CRM. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC The Norwich Gro...

Blocking junk email address on exchange 5.5
Hi, I am trying to block junk email from being sent to people's mailboxes. Is there somewhere on the exchange server I can block certain addresses or domains. Thanks Rich ...

Recover using Trans act logs?
Is it possible to roll back the exchange database to recover deleted emails if I have all the trans act files? What I am looking to do is recover a particular days set of emails; the deletion settings on the Mailbox store on the Exchange 2k3 is set for 1 day...I need to be able to retrieve a series of emails on a particular day last week. The recover deleted email option on the client will not work becuase of such short Exch Server deletion setting (hard delete). Can a recovery be done? If so, would you point me in the correct direction? Many thanks, Mel You'll have to go to ...

LDAP And All Address List
I am trying to make a New Global Address List.. Here is the filter that I have so far: (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group) )))(objectCategory=user)(!extensionAttribute10=Schools))) This list the users the way I want them to but not the Groups.. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.. Please help.. Thanks.. Hi try with this...

Can I clear the email addresses that pop up automatically when I .
I had to send a huge bulkmail, and now all these email addresses appear when I start writing an email in the 'to' line. I like the feature that suggests email addresses, so I don't have to type the complete address, however, now I have so many email addresses to choose from, it's rather complicating things. I would like to 'clear' the email address memory/cache, and then start from scratch. Is this possible? "Karin" <Karin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13273A00-1A3B-4CE6-8135-5EAF16096D48@microsoft.com... >I ha...

Importing email addresses
Can anyone tell me how to import names and email addresses into an address book in Outlook XP? Thanks, Everet A. Leimer Leimer@bellsouth.net File > Import and Export... Entries go to your Contacts Folder. There is no address book in Outlook. Your Contacts will appear in the Address Book view by default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <leimer@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:b2xGc.22822$XF5.2513@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Can anyone tell me how to import names and email addresses into an address > book in Outlook XP? > > Thanks, > > > Everet A. Leimer &...

Determine which smtp address an email was sent to
I am trying ro figure out what, to me, should be the most simple thing. I am in an organization with an Exchange server. I have multiple smtp addresses set up (associated with my Active Directory account), all of which the Exchange server answers for (ie josh@xyz.com, software@xyz.com, josh@123.com, etc.) When I receive an email, the only way I can tell which address it was sent to is to right click the message in my inbox, select options, then scroll through until I find the "To:" line. I am trying to set up a rule to automatically move emails to a folder if they contain ...

version that can import addresses?
Older versions of Publisher use only an internal address book. Is there a version that can use an address list from Excel, Access, a csv file, Outlook, etc.? TIA -- Catherine Jo Morgan Iron & mixed media vessel sculptures online artist journal: http://radio.weblogs.com/0120691/ A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Catherine Jo Morgan <cjmorgan@hemc.net>!"... > Older versions of Publisher use only an internal address book. Is > there a version that can use an address list from Excel, Access, a > csv file, Outlook, etc.? Which versio...

How not include telephone numbers and postal address when sending
When I send an email in Outlook 2007, I do not want the recipients to see my telepone numbers or postal address etc. How do i setup it up so that a recipient only sees my email address? Thanks Sounds like you need to modify your signature. Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format-> button Signatures... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "keepitsimple" <keepi...

Using MS Word as email editor causes "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning"
I am using MS Word as my email editor in Outlook XP. Whenever I press "new email", I get the warning that "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning" How do I fix this? If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, you will need to disable the PDFMaker addin. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for more details on how to do. If you don't have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, check out the link anyway since it lists some of the 3rd party applications that may trigger the additional security blocks added...

How to display Server's IP address in TCP Echo server code?
I'm practicing a TCP Echo Server/Client program. When Server.EXE is run, the Server has to display its own IP address once. then echo begins. How can I get the current IP address of the server and display it? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- memset(&servAddr, 0, sizeof(servAddr)); servAddr.sin_family=AF_INET; servAddr.sin_addr.s_addr=htonl(INADDR_ANY); servAddr.sin_port=htons(atoi(argv[1])); --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here, the current IP address is automa...

Act!
I want to use MS Outlook for all my emails but want the history of this activity to be saved to the record in Act!. This works when I use the Act! email fucntionality, but I get an error message when I try and utilize Outlook. CJ ...

integration to MYOB
r u there any 3rd party products that integrate CRM with MYOB? We are developing this product. If you would like further info, please send me your contact details. Thanks Gill Walker +61 410 449709 gillwalker@ozemail.com.au >-----Original Message----- >r u there any 3rd party products that integrate CRM with >MYOB? >. > How about integration with Quickbooks? -David "Gill Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1628f01c4478d$924012d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are developing this product. > > If you would like furthe...

Address list based on nested group?
Helllo. Exchange 2003 SP1. I'm attempting to create address lists based on group membership to ease administration. For direct members, this works fine. But the filter doesn't follow nesting, so nested members are not added. For example, an address list based on member of AllStaffGroup as shown below only includes User1 and User2, not User3 and User4. AllStaffGroup - User1 - User2 - DepartmentStaffGroup DepartmentStaffGroup - User3 - User4 Are there any workarounds? Other suggestions? ...

Address fields
Hello everyone, I have a report with name, address1, address2, city,state and zip fields among others. Sometimes there is data in the Address2 field and sometimes there isn't. My Problem is I would like the city,state zip field to move up to addres2 when addres2 is null. What is the best way to do this? Thanks. carlsadlier@cox.net wrote: > I have a report with name, address1, address2, city,state and zip >fields among others. Sometimes there is data in the Address2 field and >sometimes there isn't. My Problem is I would like the city,state zip >field to move up to addres...

integrate phone call activities to outlook
Those cusotmers that rely on Outlook for managing their CRM activities (which is the direction Microsoft is going, which is great) do not use phone call activities in CRM because these do not integrate into outlook tasks and they do not get reminders on those. It would be great to have a configuration option to enable CRM Phone Call Activity to Outlook task integration (a future phone call is a task after all) in addition to Task to Task integration. Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. ...

Multiple Email address problem
We use a Blackboard server that sends mail to our Exchange 2003 server. There appears to be a problem with the formating of multiple email addresses using commas --- is there a way to get Exchange 2003 to accept commas in lieu of semi-colons? Or can someone tell me definitively that this would not be the problem because Exchange 2003 accepts commas? This feature in Blackboard used to work correctly before we updated to 2003. thanx, jj After further error checking, it seems that Exchange 2003 is not relaying non-domain emails from the other server. That is, any emails that go to non-dom...

address book #7
Hi I have being requested to manage a SB 2003 server box with exchange installed already. I am not a windows person. Ok here comes the question. My boss want me to supply an global address book. He wants every user to use the same contact list. I have some books but I cannot find how to do this. HELP!!! please. Luis. There is a default global address list but here is some more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246153 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823151/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/en-us Nue "lmcdougall" <lmcdougall@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

REPOST
I adding another Recipient Policy called "Inbound Domains" and added about 20 domains to it. The check box is selected where it says "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address." But the check box next to "smtp" and then @domain2.com is not selected. Went into Recipient Update Service and selected Rebuild. Waited over night, and tested sending an email to one of my secondary smtp proxy addresses in my AD account by telneting into the exchange server and I still get the "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for ed@domain2.com" ...

mailbox acting weird
this is somehow related to my other thread. i disable and renable a user acct. after i renable their account, theythey were able to open their mailbox after like an hour later. they can access their mail over the web also. now the dilema is, some user have access to their mailbox (inbox, calender, task etc.), can't open them up in outlook. it said "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." so what is going on here? and anyone know how to resolve this? btw, we are using exchange 2003 sp2 with outlook 200...

New Address Book ?
Why add a new address book, when it shows a empty personal address book ? When you click on the address book, it shows empty. Orlando Gondar <gemail@gondarelectronics.com> wrote: > Why add a new address book, when it shows a empty personal address > book ? The Personal Address Book service is obsolete and should not be used. Instead you should add the Outlook Address Book service and enable showing your Contacts folders as address books. -- Brian Tillman ...

can cell's act like time clock at a certen time/date for payments
i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid. You might investigate the use of 'Conditional Formatting' to change the background colour of a cell when today's date (TODAY()) has some meaning in relation to the pay date. eg. Red when overdue, yellow when due in 5 days time, otherwise green. HTH, Fred "Colin2u" wrote: > i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function &g...

new email address #2
Hello everyone, I'm trying to find out if there is an automated way to add a new email address to every AD user? Here is my situation. Each user has a primary email address which is there username (jsmith). I would like to add a first.last name email to everyone and make it primary. Besides manually editing every AD account, is there a way to automatically do it? thanks! Sean Email addresses are generated by Recipient Policies. If all the users need a new email address, you can add it to the default Recipient Policy. Modify default Recipient Policy email address (or can add it as ...

Tab Key acting like Alt-Tab
Lately, when I've been trying to use the tab key, I get that Windows switch thing that supposed to happen when you alt-tab. I don't know whether I'm doing something to make that happen or need to re-map my keyboard. It usually starts after I'm using FaceBook weirdly enough. Any ideas? Could be option enabled in "Ease of Access" (used to be called by a more sensible name "Accessibility"). So check those options, e.g. 'sticky keys" options, etc. If that doesn't solve issue, are you sure "Alt" is not faulty i.e. not stuck...