ACT! 6.0 to BCM import problem

I have ACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook -
running on Vista. I have installed ACT! 6.0 on this computer and it
seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on my ACT!
database (which runs fine in ACT!) I get the message "The specified
file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of
ACT (6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database in ACT and it runs fine.
I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice that
I can't get a "full" version number of the database from ACTDiag - it
says only that it is version 6.0 - it doesn't give the full version
number. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions? I have
about 2,000 records in ACT that MUST come over to Outlook for it to be
usable for us - if I can't get this conversion to work I am going to
have to stay with ACT.

Thanks in advance.
Mike Girdner Worth Hydrochem

Can you export your ACT contacts to a CSV file then import the CSV file into
Outlook?

<mikegirdner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have ACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook -
> running on Vista. I have installed ACT! 6.0 on this computer and it
> seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on my ACT!
> database (which runs fine in ACT!) I get the message "The specified
> file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of
> ACT (6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database in ACT and it runs fine.
> I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice that
> I can't get a "full" version number of the database from ACTDiag - it
> says only that it is version 6.0 - it doesn't give the full version
> number. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions? I have
> about 2,000 records in ACT that MUST come over to Outlook for it to be
> usable for us - if I can't get this conversion to work I am going to
> have to stay with ACT.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mike Girdner Worth Hydrochem

0
test1951 (392)
12/19/2007 12:18:38 AM
On Dec 18, 6:18 pm, "Castell" <t...@test.com> wrote:
> Can you export yourACTcontacts to a CSV file then import the CSV file into
> Outlook?
>
> <mikegird...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >I haveACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook -
> > running on Vista. I have installedACT! 6.0 on this computer and it
> > seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on myACT!
> > database (which runs fine inACT!) I get the message "The specified
> > file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of
> >ACT(6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database inACTand it runs fine.
> > I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice that
> > I can't get a "full" version number of the database from ACTDiag - it
> > says only that it is version 6.0 - it doesn't give the full version
> > number. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions? I have
> > about 2,000 records inACTthat MUST come over to Outlook for it to be
> > usable for us - if I can't get this conversion to work I am going to
> > have to stay withACT.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Mike Girdner Worth Hydrochem- Hide quoted text -

I haven't had time to try this yet, but I was hoping to avoid it
because I have a lot of Notes and History's in ACT that I need to
import into Outlook and from what I can tell this may not be possible
exporting to a CSV file then importing into Outlook.  I have just been
so busy that I haven't had time to really look into it and try it.

Mike Girdner
Worth Hydrochem

"mikegirdner@hotmail.com" wrote:

> I have ACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook -
> running on Vista. I have installed ACT! 6.0 on this computer and it
> seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on my ACT!
> database (which runs fine in ACT!) I get the message "The specified
> file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of
> ACT (6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database in ACT and it runs fine.
> I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice that
> I can't get a "full" version number of the database from ACTDiag - it
> says only that it is version 6.0 - it doesn't give the full version
> number. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions? I have
> about 2,000 records in ACT that MUST come over to Outlook for it to be
> usable for us - if I can't get this conversion to work I am going to
> have to stay with ACT.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mike Girdner Worth Hydrochem

I have EXACTLY the same issue. I have searched everywhere and can not find a
solution. I too am not happy about using CSV import as it will result in the
loss of "notes" etc which i have used extensively.

Did you find a solution to the problem?

james_godbold@hotmail.com

"mikegirdner@hotmail.com" wrote:

> I have ACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook -
> running on Vista. I have installed ACT! 6.0 on this computer and it
> seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on my ACT!
> database (which runs fine in ACT!) I get the message "The specified
> file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of
> ACT (6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database in ACT and it runs fine.
> I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice that
> I can't get a "full" version number of the database from ACTDiag - it
> says only that it is version 6.0 - it doesn't give the full version
> number. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions? I have
> about 2,000 records in ACT that MUST come over to Outlook for it to be
> usable for us - if I can't get this conversion to work I am going to
> have to stay with ACT.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mike Girdner Worth Hydrochem

0
godders99 (1)
12/23/2007 1:48:00 PM
On Dec 23, 7:48=A0am, godders99 <godder...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have EXACTLY the same issue. I have searched everywhere and can not find=
> solution. I too am not happy about using CSV import as it will result in t=
he
> loss of "notes" etc which i have used extensively.
>
> Did you find a solution to the problem?
>
> james_godb...@hotmail.com
>

> "mikegird...@hotmail.com" wrote:
> > I haveACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook -
> > running on Vista. I have installedACT! 6.0 on this computer and it
> > seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on myACT!
> > database (which runs fine inACT!) I get the message "The specified
> > file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of
> >ACT(6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database inACTand it runs fine.
> > I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice that
> > I can't get a "full" version number of the database from ACTDiag - it
> > says only that it is version 6.0 - it doesn't give the full version
> > number. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions? I have
> > about 2,000 records inACTthat MUST come over to Outlook for it to be
> > usable for us - if I can't get this conversion to work I am going to
> > have to stay withACT.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Mike Girdner Worth Hydrochem- Hide quoted text -

No, I haven't found an answer to this problem yet.  Haven't had time
to do any more research on it yet due to the holidays and end-of-year
issues.  I am still hoping someonw will have the answer on this group.

Mike Girdner
You will probably have better luck posting in the Business Contact =
Manager group, microsoft.pubic.outlook.bcm.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, mikegirdner@hotmail.com asked:

| On Dec 23, 7:48 am, godders99 <godder...@discussions.microsoft.com>
| wrote:
|| I have EXACTLY the same issue. I have searched everywhere and can
|| not find a solution. I too am not happy about using CSV import as it
|| will result in the loss of "notes" etc which i have used extensively.
||=20
|| Did you find a solution to the problem?
||=20
|| james_godb...@hotmail.com
||=20
||=20
||=20
|| "mikegird...@hotmail.com" wrote:
||| I haveACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook -
||| running on Vista. I have installedACT! 6.0 on this computer and it
||| seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on myACT!
||| database (which runs fine inACT!) I get the message "The specified
||| file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of
||| ACT(6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database inACTand it runs fine.
||| I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice
||| that I can't get a "full" version number of the database from
||| ACTDiag - it says only that it is version 6.0 - it doesn't give the
||| full version number. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any
||| suggestions? I have about 2,000 records inACTthat MUST come over to
||| Outlook for it to be usable for us - if I can't get this conversion
||| to work I am going to have to stay withACT.
||=20
||| Thanks in advance.
||| Mike Girdner Worth Hydrochem- Hide quoted text -
||=20
|=20
| No, I haven't found an answer to this problem yet.  Haven't had time
| to do any more research on it yet due to the holidays and end-of-year
| issues.  I am still hoping someonw will have the answer on this group.
|=20
| Mike Girdner
0
Milly

File->Open problem
Hi all, I've overridden Serialize() in order to save & load the models that my App creates. If I fire the App up and select File->Open then it throws a file dialog and opens the selected file. If I then create new model using my overridden OnFileNew() then it does as it should. But, if I go to File->Open then it throws a file dialog, lets me select a file and then does nothing. I clearly need to do something else, but am not sure what. Any ideas? Paul. Define "does nothing". For example, did you put a breakpoint in your Serialize() methods and see if they are ca...

DMF from ACT
Hello, I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel). However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database. Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this. It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this and really don't find it. Find a partner in your area who has done ACT! to MS CRM conversions. Data Migration is not an easy task, in fact it is the hardest task associated with migrating to MS CRM. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC The Norwich Gro...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Problem with Filegroups and Indexes
Hi all I have two filegroups (DATA and INDEX). I create a new table on filegroup DATA and a PrimaryKey Constraint (NONCLUSTERED) on filegroup INDEX. This works fine, the table is on filegroup DATA and the Index on filegroup INDEX. When I now add a clustered Index (to filegroup INDEX), the filegroup of the table is changed to INDEX ... Does somebody know why this happens ?? Thanks a lot and best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank The leaf level of a clustered index IS the data. You cannot have a clustered index separate from the data, so wherever you build the clustered inde...

Problems with "hyster-grams" :-)
I some problems using histograms in Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1. The one problem I cannot seem to work around is: the X-axis data "labels" are centered under the bar. I want the "labels" to be centered under the right-edge of the bar. (I edit change Overlap and Gap Width in Format Data Series / Options so that I have "fat" bars that touch each other.) The fact is: the X-axis "labels" are not labels at all. They are, in fact, the max value of the bin. ("Well, of course!") I want them to appear where the max value belongs, namely...

Import/export folders
I have a new computer and want to transfer my contact address book and allmy old email over to the new computer. I have a fire wire setup between the 2 computers and need to know what files to transfer http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm might be helpful. "Mike Corwin" <mikecorwin@chilidavis.com> wrote in message news:018a01c36ac9$94d23240$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a new computer and want to transfer my contact > address book and allmy old email over to the new > computer. I have a fire wire setup between the 2 > computers and need to know what file...

Recover using Trans act logs?
Is it possible to roll back the exchange database to recover deleted emails if I have all the trans act files? What I am looking to do is recover a particular days set of emails; the deletion settings on the Mailbox store on the Exchange 2k3 is set for 1 day...I need to be able to retrieve a series of emails on a particular day last week. The recover deleted email option on the client will not work becuase of such short Exch Server deletion setting (hard delete). Can a recovery be done? If so, would you point me in the correct direction? Many thanks, Mel You'll have to go to ...

Can't add a 0 (zero) to the beginning of a number in a cell
I am trying to put a serial number in a cell but it starts with a zero. After I type in 09867453 and move to the next cell the 0 disappears. Scott You can format the cell to be text and it will then allow a 0 to be added to the front of a number however this may cause problems if you are using that number in inequalities. Scottrow wrote: > I am trying to put a serial number in a cell but it starts with a zero. > After I type in 09867453 and move to the next cell the 0 disappears. > > Scott Scott, The first answer is correct however it may be alot easier if you add an a...

Problem Sending Outlook Dialup Email
Sending and receiving email on a broadband connection with Outlook Express works fine. However with a dialup connection, receiving email works but I cannot send email. I get the following error: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" Can anyone help? ...

Act!
I want to use MS Outlook for all my emails but want the history of this activity to be saved to the record in Act!. This works when I use the Act! email fucntionality, but I get an error message when I try and utilize Outlook. CJ ...

can cell's act like time clock at a certen time/date for payments
i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid. You might investigate the use of 'Conditional Formatting' to change the background colour of a cell when today's date (TODAY()) has some meaning in relation to the pay date. eg. Red when overdue, yellow when due in 5 days time, otherwise green. HTH, Fred "Colin2u" wrote: > i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function &g...

CButton with Icon in DLL Problem
I have some code that I used in VC++ 6.0 for an app. Now I have a VS.NET 2003 and things aren't all working for one of my DLLs. I have a CDialogBar derived class with buttons on it. This class, and icons, are stored in a DLL. With VC++ 6, I used this code to put the icons on the dialog bar, but that doesn't seem to work now. Can anybody help me out? HINSTANCE hInstResource = AfxFindResourceHandle(MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_GRAPHIC_BIN), RT_GROUP_ICON); HICON icon = ::LoadIcon(hInstResource, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_GRAPHIC_BIN)); ((CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_GRAPHIC_BIN))->SetIcon(icon); --...

Visio 2003: How do you resize a shape that has been imported?
I am using the import method of a page object. I am successfully importing a .WMF file into my drawing. However, with Visio 2003, the image that imports into Visio 2003 is much bigger than the drawing page. When I am executing the same code with Visio Standard 5c instead, the imported image automatically resizes to the drawing page. I have tried to use the ResizeToFitContents method but this seems to make the drawing page fit the image. But, I need the image to scale down to the drawing page. Does anyone have any ideas? Here is a sample of my VB code. '******************************...

Deleting rows #6
Hi all How can I delete rows below my work area? Someone's selected loads of rows (upto 6000) and saved the workbook. Any advice would be appreciated Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select entire row directly below your work area, Hit the delete key, save file. Though this will not actually delete the rows, it will reset the last row number used to assist in scrolling through your work area "Joey >" <<Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com... : Hi all : : How can I delete rows below my w...

Printing problem #6
When I use print preview everything looks fine, but when I actually print the area some of the rows do not print. I am using Excel 2000 on a PC. Is there some "hidden" formatting in the cells that prevent them from printing? Are zoom on worksheet and printpreview both at 100%? "Jerry" <jminet@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:1f49501c389d1$a5f20e20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I use print preview everything looks fine, but when I > actually print the area some of the rows do not print. I > am using Excel 2000 on a PC. Is there some "hidden" >...

.pst files #6
Hey out there. Can someone tell me in Windows98 the program that there is to fix a corrupted .pst file. I know there is one either in Windows or from Microsoft out there that will go through and fix any problems, but I cannot find it any longer. Also, is there a maximum size for .pst files. I have one that is about 1.5gb and it is starting to cause problems with Outlook. Thanks! AnthonyB <harpuat1@netscape.net> wrote: > Hey out there. Can someone tell me in Windows98 the > program that there is to fix a corrupted .pst file. I > know there is one either in Windows ...

Exchange Router CRM 3.0 Not Installing
I am trying to Install the Exchange Router. The documentation just says the it needs to have Windows 2003 Standard and Exchange Server 2003. (Plus the other requirements which we have) When I try to install it will not let me saying that Operating System version 5.2 (Which is Windows 2003 Standard) is not a supported operating system. My guess is this is a documentation bug and that the router now requires Windows 2003 SP1 just like the MS CRM server requires it now with RTM code. Does anyone have an official answer to what is required to install the router. I have a client who real...

DWM
I've been using Vista for several years now and contrary to all of the complaints, I've been very satisfied with it. Maybe it's because I've always had the UAC control switched off I don't know but for me it has performed very well. However, several weeks ago I started experiencing problems when listening to XM Radio which I usually have tuned in throughout the day. The problem is that it has started getting these delays and the sound sounded like machine gun bursts. At first I thought it was my network provider but recently decided it was my machine when ...

mailbox acting weird
this is somehow related to my other thread. i disable and renable a user acct. after i renable their account, theythey were able to open their mailbox after like an hour later. they can access their mail over the web also. now the dilema is, some user have access to their mailbox (inbox, calender, task etc.), can't open them up in outlook. it said "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." so what is going on here? and anyone know how to resolve this? btw, we are using exchange 2003 sp2 with outlook 200...

Stock Count Forms
Customer is on GP9 using Stock Counts. They are trying to print their stock count forms - and they have provided a screen shot of the STOCK COUNT MASS ADD window - it includes an option to Include Site/Items with zero on hand quanity- they are leaving this unchecked - expecting those items that have an on hand of zero to not show up the reports - they are showing up. In my GP9 - i don't have this option - Please help... ...

How to import data as hyperlink
I have a flat file with 4 fields of data. One of the fields I'd like to be imported as a hyperlink, so it can easily be clicked on in the worksheet. How do I code my flat file to make this happen? Below is an example of my data: <a href="http://www.something.com/data">field1</a> field2 field3 field4 So, clicking on "field1" in the spreadsheet will take me to www.something.com/data. When I import my flat file now, I get all of the html coding in the cell, and it's not a hyperlink. Any thoughts, suggestions will be much appreciated. ...

Stationary #6
I would like to create a stationery page that has an image in the top center of the page and not as a repeated image in the background. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance. ...

Memory slot 0 in Windows CE 5.0
Hello, I have a doubt on Windows CE 5.0 Memory Architecture.... why is necessary to clone the SLOTn assigned to a process into the SLOT0 when the process is running ? Thanks, Paolo One of the reasons is the following: pratically each application uses one or more DLL; a DLL typically has some read only section (code) which can be shared between several applications and read/write section (data) which is not shared because it is different form application to application. The read only section is mapped at the same physical address for every application while the data reside i...

License problem
Hi, I took accidentally all Licenses of all users (also with administrator). I cannot access any more CRM. How and where can I assign License to the user? Dimitri Have you tried the user that ws used to originally install the application? That user is gratned a special license that you can't remove though normal means. It should still have access to the system. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:47:04 -0800, "Dimitri" <Dimitri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, I...

2.0
Currently I have one store with 1.2 Store Op and no service plan. I am opening another store in a few weeks with 2 lanes and I also need a HQ. Since I heard that 2.0 will not be shipping before March, what should I get? A 2 lane versions of 1.3 and a 1.3 HQ? If I get these 1.3s, do I have to upgrade the existing 1.2? Eventually I'd like to get everything upgraded to 2.0. whatever you do - version wise - everything will have to be on the same version otherwise the data will not flow between hq and stores. 2.0 is shipping from nex week in the UK so you shouldnt have any issues gettin...