Accounts option does not work in 2000 anymore

Hi, bit of a toughie this one.

My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option.
This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried
in Options.

I've tried a repair and also reconfigured mail support back and forth
to see if that helps.

I cannot find any solution for it on the MS support site.

I'd really like to keep all my multiple accounts unless there is no
option but to remove and reinstall which is why I am asking here if
anyone has any other ideas please.?

TIA
Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

"Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message

> My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option.
> This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried
> in Options.

Please be more precise in describing what you mean by :"does not work".
What doesn't work?  What are you trying and what happens when you try it?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
10/21/2008 7:11:09 PM
I am trying to bring up the Accounst window to change some settings in
my email accounts.

The menu option Accounts on the Tools menu does not bring up the
Accounts window when selected.

The Accounts button in Options/Mail Delivery does not bring up the
Accounts window when selected.

The Mail icon in the Control Panel does not bring up the Accounts
window when selected. (Only just used that, but thought maybe I could
get in that way).

I cannot say as to when this occurred, just that the other week I
needed to go into the Accounts window, and now I cannot.

>I am trying to bring up the Accounst window to change some settings in
> my email accounts.
>
> The menu option Accounts on the Tools menu does not bring up the
> Accounts window when selected.
>
> The Accounts button in Options/Mail Delivery does not bring up the
> Accounts window when selected.
>
> The Mail icon in the Control Panel does not bring up the Accounts
> window when selected. (Only just used that, but thought maybe I could
> get in that way).
>
> I cannot say as to when this occurred, just that the other week I
> needed to go into the Accounts window, and now I cannot.

I take it with the Accounts item on the Tools menu that you're using
Internet Mail Only mode.  If you don't mind having to set up your mail
profile again, use regedit to remove the profile from the registry and use
the Mail applet to create a new one.  The mail profile is in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles .  There'll be an entry mentioning "Internet Mail" (I
don't recall the exact key name).  Export that key for recovery purposes.
Delete that entry and the start the Mail applet in Control Panel to see if
you can add your mail account and Personal Folders service pointing to your
existing PST back in.  Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
as well.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
--

0
tillman1952 (16053)
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message

 Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
> as well.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
russval1 (2100)
10/21/2008 8:48:25 PM
Yes I'm on IMO as it is my home laptop.

I exported and deleted everything under profiles, logged off and on,
and still none of the paths to Accounts work.

I've exported my accounts as so I'll bite the bullet and uninstall and
reinstall and hope that corrects it.

Thank you for your assistance.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:30:53 -0400, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message
>
>>I am trying to bring up the Accounst window to change some settings in
>> my email accounts.
>>
>> The menu option Accounts on the Tools menu does not bring up the
>> Accounts window when selected.
>>
>> The Accounts button in Options/Mail Delivery does not bring up the
>> Accounts window when selected.
>>
>> The Mail icon in the Control Panel does not bring up the Accounts
>> window when selected. (Only just used that, but thought maybe I could
>> get in that way).
>>
>> I cannot say as to when this occurred, just that the other week I
>> needed to go into the Accounts window, and now I cannot.
>
>I take it with the Accounts item on the Tools menu that you're using
>Internet Mail Only mode.  If you don't mind having to set up your mail
>profile again, use regedit to remove the profile from the registry and use
>the Mail applet to create a new one.  The mail profile is in
>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
>Subsystem\Profiles .  There'll be an entry mentioning "Internet Mail" (I
>don't recall the exact key name).  Export that key for recovery purposes.
>Delete that entry and the start the Mail applet in Control Panel to see if
>you can add your mail account and Personal Folders service pointing to your
>existing PST back in.  Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
>as well.
>--
>Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
Update.

Tried Add Remove Programs to remove Outlook which appeared to take it
out, but did not. My tray icon still worked. What it did do when I
tried installing again was ask for the key to install. Tried
installing, still the same. Tried uninstalling from the CD, it is
still there and running.

So how do I get it correctly uninstalled to try reinstalling again.?

TIA

> (IMO does not use the Outlook Address Book Service, nor is it available to
> add).

Right.  I had forgotten.  You need to be using CW mode for that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
10/22/2008 11:47:44 AM
Googled for how to remove. Seems it can be done via Office 2000 as
well. Tried uninstalling Ofice 2000 via Add/Remove programs hoping it
would give me the option of selecting Outlook, but it uninstalled the
lot.

Installed it again, but still have the problem. Urgghhh!!!

I'm open to all ideas as how to resolve this.????

TIA

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:15:10 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
wrote:

>Update.
>
>Tried Add Remove Programs to remove Outlook which appeared to take it
>out, but did not. My tray icon still worked. What it did do when I
>tried installing again was ask for the key to install. Tried
>installing, still the same. Tried uninstalling from the CD, it is
>still there and running.
>
>So how do I get it correctly uninstalled to try reinstalling again.?
>
>TIA
>

>On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:59:39 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Yes I'm on IMO as it is my home laptop.
>>
>>I exported and deleted everything under profiles, logged off and on,
>>and still none of the paths to Accounts work.
>>
>>I've exported my accounts as so I'll bite the bullet and uninstall and
>>reinstall and hope that corrects it.
>>
>>Thank you for your assistance.
>>

>>On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:30:53 -0400, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
>><tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message

>>>I take it with the Accounts item on the Tools menu that you're using
>>>Internet Mail Only mode.  If you don't mind having to set up your mail
>>>profile again, use regedit to remove the profile from the registry and use
>>>the Mail applet to create a new one.  The mail profile is in
>>>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
>>>Subsystem\Profiles .  There'll be an entry mentioning "Internet Mail" (I
>>>don't recall the exact key name).  Export that key for recovery purposes.
>>>Delete that entry and the start the Mail applet in Control Panel to see if
>>>you can add your mail account and Personal Folders service pointing to your
>>>existing PST back in.  Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
>>>as well.
>>>--
>>>Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
>
>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
Add and Remove rarely fix anything that a repair or reinstall won't. I'd
delete all except the pst files in the two Outlook folders and try again.

File paths are listed at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

> Googled for how to remove. Seems it can be done via Office 2000 as
> well. Tried uninstalling Ofice 2000 via Add/Remove programs hoping it
> would give me the option of selecting Outlook, but it uninstalled the
> lot.
>
> Installed it again, but still have the problem. Urgghhh!!!
>
> I'm open to all ideas as how to resolve this.????
>
> TIA
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:15:10 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Update.
>>
>>Tried Add Remove Programs to remove Outlook which appeared to take it
>>out, but did not. My tray icon still worked. What it did do when I
>>tried installing again was ask for the key to install. Tried
>>installing, still the same. Tried uninstalling from the CD, it is
>>still there and running.
>>
>>So how do I get it correctly uninstalled to try reinstalling again.?
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:59:39 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Yes I'm on IMO as it is my home laptop.
>>>
>>>I exported and deleted everything under profiles, logged off and on,
>>>and still none of the paths to Accounts work.
>>>
>>>I've exported my accounts as so I'll bite the bullet and uninstall and
>>>reinstall and hope that corrects it.
>>>
>>>Thank you for your assistance.

>>>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
>>
>>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
>
> Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/22/2008 2:32:51 PM
Thank you Diane.

I tried that, carried out an uninstall and even reinstalled to a new
location. Still no luck. Is there a DLL file associated with the
Accounts option? as it is no longer in OE6 as well.?

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:32:51 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>Add and Remove rarely fix anything that a repair or reinstall won't. I'd
>delete all except the pst files in the two Outlook folders and try again.
>
>File paths are listed at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
Outlook 2000 in Internet mode uses some OE files/dlls.  I'm not sure if the
ability to configure accts has any connection to OE but it may.  Did you do
anything to OE recently - upgrade, try to uninstall etc?

Do you know the date the problem started and do you have restore points
going back before that date? if so, restore to an older date.

--

> Thank you Diane.
>
> I tried that, carried out an uninstall and even reinstalled to a new
> location. Still no luck. Is there a DLL file associated with the
> Accounts option? as it is no longer in OE6 as well.?
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:32:51 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
> <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Add and Remove rarely fix anything that a repair or reinstall won't. I'd
>>delete all except the pst files in the two Outlook folders and try again.
>>
>>File paths are listed at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm
>
> Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/22/2008 4:26:12 PM
Thank you again Diane,

Several uninstalls and installs did not work. I even tried a trial on
Office 2007, which complained about a previous version of Outlook, yet
after inspection does not include Outlook. Who programs these things?,
as a programmer myself I find that so lazy.!!

Anyway I tried restoring to 01/10/2008 with no success and then
01/09/2008 which now works.

I do not change my accounts very often. so it is hard to say when it
last worked or would have worked.

Anyway it is working again, so thank you both Diane and Brian for your
assistance.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:26:12 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>Outlook 2000 in Internet mode uses some OE files/dlls.  I'm not sure if the
>ability to configure accts has any connection to OE but it may.  Did you do
>anything to OE recently - upgrade, try to uninstall etc?
>
>Do you know the date the problem started and do you have restore points
>going back before that date? if so, restore to an older date.

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
As an FYI -  before installing the trial for 2007 you need to uninstall any
older version of outlook as only 1 version can be installed at a time. The
installation is configured to assume that since you are only trialing the
software, you might not keep it, so it leaves you old outlook alone, if
installed, and doesn't install outlook 2007. This is to prevent problems
with outlook should you decide not to upgrade to office 2007 after the
trial.

--

> Thank you again Diane,
>
> Several uninstalls and installs did not work. I even tried a trial on
> Office 2007, which complained about a previous version of Outlook, yet
> after inspection does not include Outlook. Who programs these things?,
> as a programmer myself I find that so lazy.!!
>
> Anyway I tried restoring to 01/10/2008 with no success and then
> 01/09/2008 which now works.
>
> I do not change my accounts very often. so it is hard to say when it
> last worked or would have worked.
>
> Anyway it is working again, so thank you both Diane and Brian for your
> assistance.
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:26:12 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
> <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Outlook 2000 in Internet mode uses some OE files/dlls.  I'm not sure if
>>the
>>ability to configure accts has any connection to OE but it may.  Did you
>>do
>>anything to OE recently - upgrade, try to uninstall etc?
>>
>>Do you know the date the problem started and do you have restore points
>>going back before that date? if so, restore to an older date.
>
> Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Word as Outlook 2000 email editor
When trying to use Microsoft Word as my email editor for Outlook 2000 I get the following message... "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found." I've checked the box that says to use Word as my editor and have checked my machine for the Word viewer (which is not installed on my machine. I am still getting the same message. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance- Dee What service pack level is Office at and are the 2 applications of the same version? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repli...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

working with named ranges
If I have 3 worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) each with a range o cells (1 column wide and varying rows long) named "range1", "range2 and "range3" respectively, can I write a formula to report the content of the 3 ranges into column 1 of sheet4? Thanks in advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Hi Dave, One way to do this (an...

How do I make several workbooks work together?
I have 60 workbooks from where I need to gather information on a monthly basis. These are personell sheets for vacations, leave of absence and so on. From time to time I need to make changes in the functions that I have in these workbooks, is there a way I can link these workbooks together, so that I can make changes in e.g. a template file and these changes will also take effect in my other workbooks. ____________________ I have one workbook that gathers information regarding used vacation and another workbook that gathers information regarding sick days and so on. I do thi...

Excel 2007 option
The display option for charting 0 values is fixed on Zero; the gap option is grayed out. How do I get this fixed or is there a step I'm missing? TIA. Dpingger If your chart is a column chart or a combo chart that includes a column series, the setting may be disabled. Start with a line chart, change the setting, then convert the series to the types you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ DPingger wrote: > The display option for charting 0 values is fixed on Zero; the gap option is > grayed out. How...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Toolbar Icons Don't Work
Hi all, On one of my laptop (offline clients) the computer can access the crm via "http://crm.foo.com" without issue, when the user opens Outlook and clicks on one of the activities on the toolbar (i.e. new account), the outlook window flashes but the crm window does not load. Things like selecting a parent account for a contact however does work. How do I fix this? I have run the repair option for the crm client without luck. -Max hmm..are you running anti-virus software. If so cna hyou disable and try again ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CR...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

sending in outlook 2000
for some reason i can't send e-mails using outlook2000. i get an error message stating can't find WBB DLL. the source of the problem seems to be something with the address book ... i think. anyway does any one have any ideas. i have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook thanks Is this the W"A"B.dll? If yes, then your Windows Address Book is damaged. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted withou...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Upsizing A2000 to SQL Server 2000
Hi all, I am attempting to upsize my Access 2000 database to SQL Server database. The SQL Server database already exists and was created by my web host provider. I created an ODBC connection to the SQL Server database. I tested it and made sure the connection was successful. I then went to Access and started the Upsizing Wizard. I chose "Use existing database", and then went through the process of selecting the ODBC connection I made earlier. At this point, I get the following error message: [DBNETLIB][(ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Admin Mailbox Access Not Working
I need to grant my non-admin ID rights to open all mailboxes. I created 3 security groups (ex-FullAdmin, ex-Admin, and ex-(ViewOnly). I put my non-admin id in the ex-FullAdmin group. I went to System Manager and ran the delegation wizard at the Org level and gave the ex-FullAdmin group privileges of 'Exchange Full Administrator'. This did not work. I also tried this at the Administration Group level, but it did not work. I did give it some time, including over night. No go. I noticed that the read and write options both had an explicit deny similar to the A...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

New Account for CD
I bought a CD and don't know how to set it up in Money (using Money Plus H&B). When I tried setting it up as a bank savings account there was a note that said I should set it up as an investment account. When I set up the investment account it does not ask me any questions about the CD or even if it is a CD. What am I missing. It seems like it should be a savings account. Please help me? A Savings Account can be used. If you only ever intend to have one CD at a time, that's probably easier. But if you want to manage multiple individual CDs over time, then the Investmen...

Outlook 2000 SP3
I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows 98. When I edit text in an email I am forwarding to another mail account Outlook automatically marks the edited text/changes and inserts my name in brackets to track who is making the changes. Unfortunately, my name is spelled incorrectly. How can I correct the spelling of my name (it is correctly spelled in all the places I can find to configure it)? Also, can I turn off the automatic tracking of changes/edits? Thanks, Tools->Options->Email Options. Mark my comments with... Uncheck it to turn it off. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...