Accessing emails

how can i access my previous mails on a different hard
drive. i mean i installed a new hard drive but i want to
keep and access my mails from my old hard drive which i
already installed as a slave. where can i find those
files from my old hard drive. please help since i really
need those mails. thanks for your help and support.
0
sherwin (1)

Try to do an Import from the file menu

0
Tadpole5 (2)
8/6/2003 11:22:08 PM
NOOOO!  Do not try it from an import. Just browse to the old .pst file and
use File->Open.  You can then drag and drop your files to the new .pst
(although I would recommend using the old one and drag and drop your new
stuff to the old one.)

Reason?  importing loses important information, received dates, for example.
It also breaks custom forms, linkages between Journal and contacts, etc.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Sherwin Go <sherwin@lucbc.com> asked:

| how can i access my previous mails on a different hard
| drive. i mean i installed a new hard drive but i want to
| keep and access my mails from my old hard drive which i
| already installed as a slave. where can i find those
| files from my old hard drive. please help since i really
| need those mails. thanks for your help and support.

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

Mail merge to email with an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document = and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an = attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked = beautifully! After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just = hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - = yes - but not with my custom forms and f...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Sent email show up in Inbox
Hi Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Thanks Don What does OE have to do with Outlook's Inbox? Where are you sending the mail from (seems like Outlook) but which Inbox is it showing up in? "Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujBcXaWRKHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is > reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Using a Gmail account via POP3? Perfectly normal then; http://mail.googl...

Photos Resized in Email
Where do I find the settings : When I have photos in outgoing email it asks me if I want to make photos smaller before emailing ? Thanks Charlie Harris Windows Mail doesn't have that feature, although the replacement program, Windows Live Mail, does. You will need to open those photos in Windows Photo Gallery first, then click its E-mail button. At that point it will offer various sizes. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "sswcharlie" wrote in message news:DBD001E7-8EB3-4DF5-896F-157820B87C0A@microsoft.com... Where do I find the settings : Whe...

How do I back up entire Outlook, contacts, email, etc.?
How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. By copying your outlook data file.(with outlook closed) Or using the free backup addin available on MS outlook site "Michelle Buonfiglio" <MichelleBuonfiglio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1DDB57-44D3-4471-AC41-55252699B371@microsoft.com... > How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. Excellent information located here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://...

outgoing email server
Our CRM was setup to use a SMTP virtual server in IIS on our CRM server. We also have an incoming mail server (exchange) in the same domain. Mail delivered through the CRM SMTP is not always delivered and returned to the user as undeliverable. If we send to the same email address using outlook (exchange server) to send out then the mail is delivered. Do I need to change the CRM server so it relays through the exchange server? I found a KB article referencing reg keys for changing the SMTP server but these keys don't exist in the registry. What is best way to setup? If keys do no...

Junk email #4
I have set up filters for junk email, but it is still sending them to my inbox. Basically it is not working. Any suggestions? Thank you Did you use message rules to set up filters? If so, I'm having the same (or similar) problem. I'm trying to filter using message rules in Outlook 2000, and I've tried every configuration in the book. (figure of speech--wish I had a book). I've wound up with a situation where, each time mail arrives, the rules will filter out the first email that arrives fitting my filtering criteria, and none of the others. Have you had any luck sinc...

Maximum SMTP Email address aliases on Exch 5.5
What is the maximum number of SMTP addresses I can have for a mailbox on Exchange 5.5 Standard. I have a request to set up 4000 addresses to go to 1 mailbox DaveAmann <david_j_amann(removethis)@aoncons.com> wrote: >What is the maximum number of SMTP addresses I can have for a mailbox on Exchange 5.5 Standard. I have a request to set up 4000 addresses to go to 1 mailbox Somewhere in the range of 240. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Using outlook for email but there is no subject line!
How do I make my email messages show a subject line using outlook 2k? If you're talking about a new message window that you've opened to compose a message, try clicking View | Message Header and see if the subject line appears. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:fbc24293.0311091516.1372e991@posting.google.com, Dr. John wrote: > How do I make my email messages show a subject line using outlook 2k? ...

Not all recipients receiving email from Query Based Distribution list
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 (SP1) in native mode. I have a query based distribution group which includes both mailbox and contact recipients. In all there's about 1000 users included altogether. When we use this distribution group we find some users are reporting they're not receiving the email. We have investigated this and the claim does seem to be correct, even though the users in question do appear in the query-based distribution group preview. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or does anyone have any idea what could cause it? Thanks, Curtis. -- Please re...

Accounting with Ms Access