Access to others inbox #2

I posted this before on 12/24 but my post disappeared
after one response.
We have a single server environment with Win2000 server
and Exchange 2000. We just found out recently that through
Outlook, everyone can open all other user's mailbox
folders. The only exception is the Administrator. He
cannot open anyone's. There seems to be no security. I ran
throught the typical permissions for inboxes and they are
properly set to "none". I checked the file permissions on
the M: drive as well as the Exchsrv folder and I don't see
any glaring problems but I'm not sure what should be there
and what shouldn't. Most of these permissions are
inherited anyways. Does anyone have any idea what these
permissions should be or what else might be causing this
problem?
0
anonymous (74717)

Have the Exchange Admin check the top level permissions on Exchange - it
sounds like s/he set something so that the default is contributor.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| I posted this before on 12/24 but my post disappeared
| after one response.
| We have a single server environment with Win2000 server
| and Exchange 2000. We just found out recently that through
| Outlook, everyone can open all other user's mailbox
| folders. The only exception is the Administrator. He
| cannot open anyone's. There seems to be no security. I ran
| throught the typical permissions for inboxes and they are
| properly set to "none". I checked the file permissions on
| the M: drive as well as the Exchsrv folder and I don't see
| any glaring problems but I'm not sure what should be there
| and what shouldn't. Most of these permissions are
| inherited anyways. Does anyone have any idea what these
| permissions should be or what else might be causing this
| problem?

0
MillyS4407 (663)

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

EDC Verification #2
I have successfuly installed EDC on one of my POS stations; credit card tendering and settlement is successful. Upon installing EDC on another POS station using the identical information as the first, I get "Validation Error 326: EDC verification is not enabled in administrator." I have done this 3 times to no avail. Any sggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Tom Make sure you are logged into Windows as an Administrator when you make ANY changes in SO Administrator. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -------------...

Outlook Express(6.0) INBOX Problem
I have a problem with M.S Outlook Express where I appear to have ten messages permanantly stuck in my INBOX.No matter how many times I try to access them or do a send/receive they remain "stuck" in there.I think this may have something to do with my McAfee Internet suite(8.0) which I have just had to reinstall.I have tried disabling all elements of Mcafee in case one of these is inhibiting the "release of my O.E INBOX , but still no joy.Do I have to reinstall Outlook EXpress and if so will I lose all my e mails etc.I can in the mean time send and receive E mails as per normal a...

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

SMTP server #2
I have a basic question on SMTP emails. If I point to a SMTP server that is different than my designated email host address, who actually sends out the emails, my designated email server or the one I pointed to? To help clarify we have our email and web hosted by a 3rd party Company "A", and my ISP is with Company "B", I have been having problems with duplicate emails being sent to several clients. So I pointed my outbout emails to a different SMTP server (Company B's smtp server) in an attempt to see if the problem goes away. So I am check to see if my...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

New to exchange #2
Hi, I have decided to start playing with exchange 2003. I have a network in the 192.168.1.0 subnet that has two servers in it both domain controllers and both running win2k server. I want to make some prevision for email to the users on the domain after I have upgraded both servers to 2003. I use a Linux firewall that also provides a DMZ . The DMZ is used to host a small web server and is on the 192.168.2.0 subnet, any request to port 80 is forwarded to the web servers IP address. What would be the best way to start playing with exchange ? Do I need a mail relay in the DMZ that push to t...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Sent email show up in Inbox
Hi Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Thanks Don What does OE have to do with Outlook's Inbox? Where are you sending the mail from (seems like Outlook) but which Inbox is it showing up in? "Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujBcXaWRKHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is > reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Using a Gmail account via POP3? Perfectly normal then; http://mail.googl...

Accounting with Ms Access

Outlook and Attachments #2
Hi, How do you unblock attachments from an email because I need to take a file home that is two big for a floppy and outlook has blocked it. The file is a mdb file. As usual Microsofts support is more useless than a chocolate tea pot so I was wondering if anyone knew? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >How do you unblock attachments from an email because I >need to take a file home that is two big for a floppy and >outlook has blocked it. The file is a mdb file. As usual >Microsofts support is more useless than a chocolate tea >pot so I was wondering if anyo...

BP3 Site Settings access

Justify #2
I have Publisher v.2003. I am proofreading an organization's newsletter (the sender also has V.2003). One article that she justified caused the last line in a paragraph to spread across the page. I tried highlighting just that line, but then the whole article "unjustified" itself (i.e. aligned left). How can we work around this? Interestingly, another article is fully justified withOUT having the last paragraph line spread out. Turn on Special Characters ( � ) you may have an errant tab or return. This will happen sometimes when the user types shift+return. -- M...