Access to News groups disappears after first use and exiting.

Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access. Thought
I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received
reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried to set up newsgroups.
Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News to
"Go".  Finished ...  went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I had
earlier setup in OE came up.  Played around looking at some posts. Then
exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely
disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image back
to drive so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone help
me here?

Jerry

0
JER

When I go back to try and re-institute News (News Groups)
Tools/Customize/Commands/Go/  News is no longer there for a selection.
Strange .... Help .... Please!
Jerry

"JER" <jer@home> wrote in message
> Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access.
Thought
> I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received
> reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried to set up
newsgroups.
> Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News
> "Go".  Finished ...  went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I
had
> earlier setup in OE came up.  Played around looking at some posts. Then
> exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely
> disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image
back
> to drive so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone
help
> me here?
>
> Jerry

0
JER
5/21/2004 8:27:18 PM
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your
machine in order to complete the process.  Not everyone is reporting success
with this method, but try it and see what happens.  If all else fails, you
can always create a desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and include the
/outnews switch -- that gives you the same result as accessing the
newsreader via the News command in Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JER asked:

| Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access.
| Thought I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up,
| and, received reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried
| to set up newsgroups. Followed directions as outlined in help. Last
| direction was to drag News to "Go".  Finished ...  went to go and
| selected News. All the News Groups I had earlier setup in OE came up.
| Played around looking at some posts. Then exited. Then when I went
| back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely disappeared. I am
| using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image back to drive
| so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone help me
| here?
|
| Jerry

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/21/2004 8:59:40 PM

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> When I go back to try and re-institute News (News Groups)
> Tools/Customize/Commands/Go/  News is no longer there for a selection.
> Strange .... Help .... Please!
> Jerry
>
> "JER" <jer@home> wrote in message
> > Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access.
> Thought
> > I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received
> > reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried to set up
> newsgroups.
> > Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News
> > "Go".  Finished ...  went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I
> had
> > earlier setup in OE came up.  Played around looking at some posts. Then
> > exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there.
Completely
> > disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image
> back
> > to drive so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone
> help
> > me here?
> >
> > Jerry

0
russval (3097)

Public Folders - Using as a mailbox
Hi I have set up a public folder and have set it up so the people can read and reply to the emails, and tell when others have read them. What is the best way to track the replies? CC them to the public folder? Any other ideas? Many thanks in advance William ...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

using paid servers with Outlook Express.
I've been using news.eternal-september.org, a free text server with Outlook Express. Does giganews work with Outlook Express? Can Outlook Express deal with binary newsgroups? Should I use a different news program like Forte Agent? I have a very old version of Forte Agent, but I like having my newsgroups right there by my email. Oops. I should have posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress ...

How to use colmn headings in paramter query
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am not able to locate it if it has. But here is my delima: I need to be able to select the salesperson sales based on the month (1-12) from table 1. I* can create a parameter query, but am not sure hwo to query onlya certain month. table1 ID salesperson 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 joe 12 0 0 2 12 0 1 1 5 7 8 10 2 steve 2 5 6 18 0 0 2 3 4 11 12 1 select * from table1 where salesperson =joe and .... that is where I get stuck. I need to be able to select a column he...

News on the future of activations
So I just got an update. There is a solution for eliminating the DRM mechanism and removing the activation requirement for the Duluxe and Biz versions. I'm not sure if this is for Money Plus or earlier versions, and am attempting to clarify that now. This fix should be ready later this summer. There is also work being done on data migration. My contact tells me that he's working on getting the communications team to get the data out to the newsgroup on both of these factors. So help is on the way, folks. :) Patty There has been, apparently, lots of discussion of lots of...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

Creating a header using non-contiguous rows
Using Excel 2000 I am using the FILE/Page Setup/Sheet tab/Rows to repeat at top technique to create a header. I currently have $1:$4 in the Rows to repeat at top. I also want to include rows 15 and 16. I have not found a way to do this. Any suggestions? Bernie No way to do this. "Print titles must contiguous and complete rows or columns" is the error message you get when you try to select non-contiguous rows. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:55:45 -0700, "Bernie Doepkens" <Bdoepken@dbm.state.md.us> wrote: >Using Excel 2000 >I am using the F...

Erro while importing SOP documents using Integration Manager
I've been using Integration Manager to import sales transactions into GP. The procedures and integration has been the same for several years now. Just this morning I started getting the following error message for some of the documents: DOC 2 WARNING: 'Override Shortage' option was selected for quantity shortage on Line 1 for item 666999258259 The integration completes however the system will not allow me to post the batch. I checked a few items associated with the error and there is no quantities on hand however that has not caused a problem in the past. Thanks for you...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Smartlist
Hi I created several smartlist, but the search using the "any" field does not return any results. IT appears to search and but returns nothing. I have using the Integration guide and the only reference to the any field is setting the data type in the Explorer_Get_Datatype script. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to add more code? Is there a data entry I need to delete? Any suggestions? Jason, Tested this on v10 SP3 and I get no results either. It seems to be a bug. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumg...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Using outlook for email but there is no subject line!
How do I make my email messages show a subject line using outlook 2k? If you're talking about a new message window that you've opened to compose a message, try clicking View | Message Header and see if the subject line appears. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:fbc24293.0311091516.1372e991@posting.google.com, Dr. John wrote: > How do I make my email messages show a subject line using outlook 2k? ...

Accounting with Ms Access

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...