Access to attachments

I am posting this again out of desperation, Help!

I have recently upgraded (sic)to Outlook 2003 and find I
can no longer open my own documents (Word etc)contained
in an e-mail - getting the message 'Word cannot open the
document: user does not have  access privileges'.

I have no special ecurity settings (in Outlook or Word),
help appreciated.

Thanks, Graham
0
anonymous (74722)

If you save the attachment to your hard drive can you then open it?

"Graham Roberts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am posting this again out of desperation, Help!
>
> I have recently upgraded (sic)to Outlook 2003 and find I
> can no longer open my own documents (Word etc)contained
> in an e-mail - getting the message 'Word cannot open the
> document: user does not have  access privileges'.
>
> I have no special ecurity settings (in Outlook or Word),
> help appreciated.

0
vince8328 (2733)
12/1/2003 11:22:27 AM
The attachment comes from my hard drive and is OK there,
it's only when I place it in an e-mail it becomes
inaccessable.  Also attachments in old e-mails that are
stored in folders are inaccessable.

I have just,however, discovered that if I turn off MS
Word as my e-mail editor, the attachments will open
again.  This is far from satisfactory, so if you have
another idea that allows me to retain Word as the editor
that would be better.

Anyhow, thanks for your initial response.

Regards, Graham

wrote in message
>> I am posting this again out of desperation, Help!
>>
>> I have recently upgraded (sic)to Outlook 2003 and find
>> can no longer open my own documents (Word etc)contained
>> in an e-mail - getting the message 'Word cannot open
the
>> document: user does not have  access privileges'.
>>
>> I have no special ecurity settings (in Outlook or
Word),
>> help appreciated.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

attachment/email size limits
This is somewhat of a poll for the admins out there. In general, for those who admin exchange servers with multiple clients, (and or sites). Do you limit email size or attachment sizes? And if so, what is your limit set to? (I'm not refering to inbox or account size limits, I'm referring to the size of individual emails). Currently our company has no limit on what can be sent or received. Although most of our outside recipients that we email with on a regular basis do have limits. Most range from the 3 to 5 meg range. 40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing. Jayjay wrote: ...

.email attachments
I have been getting some emails lately with a .email as the attachment. Outlook Exress won't open these. Any tips? If possible, please respond to my email address listed above. Thanks. Rename them to *.eml. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, D...

Saving an Attachment
I am trying to make up a rule in Outlook 2002 to take every message with Subject "ACT! Sync" and save the attachment to a particular folder, then delete the message... I'm sure I have to write a script or perform a custom action, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. can somebody help? There are some utilities that will do that here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm ExLife is one notable. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questio...

attachments in inbound messages do not decode #2
I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server (on NT 4 box). All of a sudden message attachments from a specific outside domain do not decode. See below the attachment just shows up has junk. How do you fix this? Other interesting thing if I forward (either internal or external) the message to anyone the attachment works fine. I have searched but haven't found any pertinent ports. Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -----Original Message----- > From: Nolan, Pati > Sent: Friday, November 11...

ISP broken when E-Mail with attachments is sent
I am using Outlook 2002, I recently have had problems sending E-Mails with attachments. It began with attachments larger than 100K, a week later I can't sent one with a 5KB attachment. I have contacted Verizon(my DSL provider and they tell me it is my software. I have Juno and I can sent the same attachments tirectly thru Juno without going thru Outlook. Can anyone help me? Do you get any error messages when you try to send attachments? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

Access Code Pushing Values
I have a customer database with [BillAddress] and [ShipAddress]. I am using a "yes/no" box titled[SameShipAddress?]. To automatically fill [ShipAddress] after checking the "yes/no" box I used this code in the after update event for the check box. If Me![SameShipAddress?] Then If IsNull(Me![BillAddress]) Then Else [ShipAddress] = [BillAddress] End If End If This works for the selected customer, but then pushes the entry [BillAddress] of the previous customer to [ShipAddress] of all of the following customers. Any thoughts? Sounds as...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Attachment problems #2
When someone in our office sends an e-mail from their Mac with an attachment(e.g. a jpeg file) those of us with PC's can't open it. However, if one of us with a PC can access the file, we can attach the file and send to everyone (and they can open it). What's going on? ...

access 2003
I have 8 pages i need to link together to save data what is the best way to link them? tlenney, We can't see your *pages* or your tables so asking what is the best way to link will not yield you answers without a wee bit more information. By *pages* do you mean tabs or forms? What are your tables and how are they related to each other? Why would you need to link the data in order to save it? Or are you linking to an outside data source and you are trying to save that data within the database? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been ...

Denied file access
When I attempt to open my money program, I get a message that says, There is a problem with your Windows security settings. I use Windows 98 and Money 2000. ...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

Why are emails all attachments
For some reason over the last few weeks every email I recieve has the eamil in the body of the message as well as an attachment with a notepad version of the email. Regardless of who's sending it. Any ideas? It's a little annoying seing attachments for every email. What version of Outlook? Have you rebooted Windows lately? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, HotRod asked: | For some reason over the last ...

Access 97 conversion to 2000 and OpenRecordSet
We have a simple application developed in Acees 95 / upgraded to 97 and now we wish to move to 2000. the application 'almost' upgrades itself apart from a problem we are havinng with OpenRecordSet . The code is simple and I know (with hindsight) it can be much neater but when you do not spend a great deal of time and it works then leave alone. Code throws up Run Time eror 13 at the OpenRecordset command when run. Have read lots of docs but confused as to change this seems a major problem. Have checked DAO 3.6 to get round other problems and they seem to work. Help appreciated Pub...

Program trying to access Contacts
I did a clean install of WinXP and OfficeXP. I use Incredimail for Outlook and Spam Daemon for Outlook and have never had a problem with them. I also did an Office Update this morning. Now whenever I click "new" message, I got a window that says "a program is trying to access the contacts folder" and suggests it may be a virus and gives me an option to permit access but only for 1 to 5 minutes, as a select. What is causing this problem and how do I get rid of it? [I have Norton AV and Zonealarm installed, and they have never caused this problem.] Arthur Broadh...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

Mail merge to email with an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document = and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an = attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked = beautifully! After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just = hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - = yes - but not with my custom forms and f...

OUTLOOK Attachment Filter
How do I modify, turn-off, or override the stupid Outlook attachment filter? If I want attachments to be blocked, I want to have the choice, not this program from Microsoft. I've already lost one important attachment. How do I get around it, or kill it outright? JWeinberg The PCMagazine site has a tip that deals with this. It requires you to edit the Registry. (www.pcmag.com/tips/) is the site. Outlook 2002 keeps you from opening attachmentw with extension like .exe or .bat because of the potential for viruses. If you are comfortable editing the system Registry, you can tell...

Outlook Web Access #34
I have a problem reading mails from Russia usig OWA ? (it is all a lot of ?????? and maybe numbers). If I use a normal Outlook client there are no problems ? I have triet different regional settings but no luck ? Try posting this in an Exchange news group as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lost asked: | I h...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

Send large attachment
I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS with Outlook 2007 from Office Pro 2007. Until a few days ago, I had no problems with Outlook sending or receiving large pdf attachments. I do not remember installing any new add ons, deleting any add ons or doing anything with Outlook. Now, Outlook will not send a large (more than 1 Mb) pdf file. the email sits in outbox until outlook says that there is a server error on my email account. Sometimes this may take 15 minutes to generate the error message. I am unable to delete the email from the outbox without the right click, move to delete. th...

BACKING UP ACCESS DATABASE 10-31-07
I'd like to backup my Access database automatically (no user intervention needed) to an external drive. Does Access allow such a backup while the database is "open" ? If I have to log out of Access, it defeats my purpose of wanting to do the backup without user intervention. There appear to be a number of drives and SW available to do the backup, but the question is whether Access will allow it. Basically I'd like to backup to the external drive every time a record is changed. I'm worried about losing my database if the PC crashes. If your database is that mission...

Attachments in GP 10.0
When we attach pdf's and other documents in GP, we are attaching them as ole links. This works for the user that attaches the document, but none of our other users are able to see the attachments (are we attaching them incorrectly?). What is the best way to attach documents in GP so that all your users can view them? Thanks. Have set the OLE path in DEX.ini to a shared folder on your network? Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "mlkenneth" wrote: ...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...