A way to create sub-categories?

I want to group contacts by category and then a sub-category for easy
viewing. Apart from creating a new field for sub-category is there a way of
doing this? Outlook doesn't seem to support sub-categories.

Thanks

Nope.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
http://www.cardozasolutions.com

"Casebase" <junkmail@casebase.net> wrote in message
>I want to group contacts by category and then a sub-category for easy
>viewing. Apart from creating a new field for sub-category is there a way of
>doing this? Outlook doesn't seem to support sub-categories.
>
> Thanks

0
patriciac (522)
4/14/2005 4:50:52 PM
Casebase <junkmail@casebase.net> wrote:

> I want to group contacts by category and then a sub-category for easy
> viewing. Apart from creating a new field for sub-category is there a
> way of doing this? Outlook doesn't seem to support sub-categories.

Didn't you also ask this in m.p.outlook.general?  Please don't multipost.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Tool for creating diagrams of stored procedures
Hi, When you have a lot of stored procedures it seems like being able to produce a diagram showing the dependencies/relationships would be one of the best ways of documenting them. It would give an immediate overview of the code and make it much easier to understand. Ideally I think you could expand component diagrams to see individual DB objects (SPs and tables) which where part of a component. I am frustrated that Visio does not support this - you really want something that can be linked to the actual DB (reverse engineer whatever). Some tools that people have recommended are: ErStudio, ...

How to creat a CWin by a HWND?
I have the HWND with a call back function. But I have to creat a MFC CWin to make my codes acees some libs. So how to creat a Cwin by this HWND? Now I am using these lines but seems not correct: CWnd authorize_wnd; authorize_wnd.Attach(HWND hDlg ); Anything missed? Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Jainguo >I have the HWND with a call back function. But I have to creat a MFC CWin to >make my codes acees some libs. So how to creat a Cwin by this HWND? Now I am >using these lines but seems not correct: > >CWnd authorize_wnd; >authorize_wnd.Attach(HWND hDlg ); >Anything missed?...

A way to create sub-categories?

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Justifying 2-line category names in bar charts
When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under the first. I'd like to figure out a way to right justify the second line. I'd also like to figure out a way to set that as a default. Hi, You do not have much control over the axis labels and their appearance. If you want full control you will need to use textboxes. This page has code to help with construction and alignment. http://www.andypope.info/vba/Axislabel_textboxes.htm Cheers Andy Camille wrote: > When a category name wraps on to 2 lines, Excel centers the second line under > the first...

Not able to create Role in BusinessPortal 3.0
Hi, I am working with BusinessPortal 3.0. When i tried to create role and click "Finish" button at the end of the create role wizard i am getting an empty dialog box . I dont know whats wrong. I am not able to create role. Can someone help? Mohan. Again, it's been a long time since I worked with Business Portal 3. This problem does sound familiar, though. If I recall correctly, I think we saw problems like this when the Administrator user didn't have a name specified. You'll want to open up the list of users in the Manage Business Portal Users page, and verify t...

Creating an a report from an indivual record in a table
Hi all, I've been searching for an answer to my question for a while and have got more and more confused as to the best way to approach it...I am a total novice I'm afraid... I have an Access 2003 database set up with one table with a unique ID for each person and numerous other fields. I have set up forms to collect data (about 6 in all). What I would like to do is to be able select a unque ID and pull almost all the fields in the table associated with it into a report. I would do this for each person when required. I presume I would have to set up a query first but h...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Create Number From Date
I'm importing large amounts of text into Access and I want to assign a "trace" number to each record. I'd like the trace number to start with the date but in just plain number format. Then I'd like the last part of the number to be automatically incremented. For example records imported on 11/28/07 would have an ID number like: 200711280701 200711280702 200711280703... How can I do this? Thanks for the help! On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:05:35 -0600, "John W" <jw2554@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm importing large amounts of text into Access and I want...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

create self-generating numbers with letters and numbers
i am trying to create a workbook which the first page is the customer information page. this is done... now i need to use the first two letters from each cell containing the first and last names... now i need to add the current date in ddmmyy format NO PUNCTUATION...followed by a dash and 0000 which will increase by 1 each time the name cells are filled in. i would also like to add auto "save as" with this generated number as the name of the work book. every customer gets a new work book for each job ( 1 cust / 10 jobs = 10 work books ) this is what i am looking for; cu...

Create a PPT slide from excel data
Hello! I have an Excel sheet with five columns and hundreds of rows. Also have a power point template slide, with dedicated spaces for each column as the Excel file. What I wanna do is to create one slide for each one of my Excel rows. It seems easy to create a loop and copy anywhere else, but I don't know how to communicate Excel and Power Point. Thanks in advance for your time. Eduardo Consider adding tabs and use new tabs as PPT report. Easier to link, avoids problems, etc. I did this and it was a lot easier, EVEN held up to light so rows and columns matched. No typos, no pr...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

having a problem creating a histogram with an in between range
excel's standard graphs do not allow me to do an in between range for a histogram. Is there any way I can make each bar a range instead of a number with no spaces between bars? here's a drawing of what I'm looking for: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2511/histogramzi0.jpg ...

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

way to verify time stamp?
Is there a way to verify when a forwarded message to you had originally been sent? I suspect someone is mis- representing themselves and simply typed new fields into the "original message" time and date. If not - is it possible (or at all likely) that someone sent me two emails days ago and they never bounced back and never made it to my inbox, while all other email functions appear completely normal?? Thanks! "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27d701c49d00$dd3315d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to verify when a for...

VB6 Code 1/2 way finished......any suggestions
Have a issue with a VB6 program, had someone write some code, he got 1/2 way thru and decided to work on other projects and keeps putting us on the back burner, been waiting 4 months now, looking at what he has put together looks very nice, but is trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Bill On 4/1/2010 12:48 AM, David Kaye wrote: > "Bill"<got2believe@msn.com> wrote: > >> trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks > > If it'...

Can Excell create a running invoice NUMBER?
Lets say I was to create a form that will be used over and over, but everytime I fill it out and print it I need it to generate a number that changes 1 digit each time it is pulled up and printed. Example, I have a blank invoice, then I fill in the fields as needed and the invoice has a number on the top numbered 00001 so I print it and close the file. Then tomorrow I open it and do the same thing except the invoice number now is set at 00002. I am not sure if Excel can do this or not. This would be pulling a rabbit out of a hat if this can be done :cool: G. --- Message posted from http:...

create folder to all users
i am searching for a way to create a folder called search and replay under the outbox folder. i do not wish to use a plublic folder. the search and replay folder will open up to a web page. i need to know if there is any way of creating this folder without going to each of the workstations. we are running exchange 2003 w/ mixed outlook versions (200,xp,2003). please offer me any ideas you might have. thank you for your help. You'll have to script a solution. Nothing native in Exchange will let you do this and deploy to existing users. Nue "murr" <martynaughton@gmail....

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...