A question about Outlookexpress backup file (.dbx)

Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the
compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a
lot!
0
chance912 (1)

"Jerry" <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the
> compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a
> lot!

From where?

0
GordonBP1 (262)
9/24/2004 4:28:38 PM
Jerry <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the
> compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a
> lot!

DBX files are NOT "Outlook Express backup files".  They are the files OE
uses to store messages when it's active.  See
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ and post your questions in an Outlook
Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Backup question

I want to save an Excel file in "Pipe Delimited" (instead of csv).
I want to save my Excel file as "Pipe Delimited" (instead of csv) or else, if csv, then all values from a column to be enclosed in double quotes and not just the ones which have a comma in their values. See www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm for details and example code. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "J�Zee" <J�Zee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846F5BD4-D8AF-41C6-B474-B788AEFF188D@microsoft.com... >I want to save my Excel file as "Pipe Delimited" (instead o...

a question and a question

Question about Paste Special

importing e-mail files from Outlook express
I just switched over from outlook express yesterday, and would now like to import my saved e-mail file folders to WLM. Will they show up in the WLM storage folders area? Will the file folder structure from OE be maintained ? And since OE did not differentiate between inbox and outbox, where will the go ? -- guenters Answered inline.. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "guenters" <guenters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E746AC3E-CD7B-48F9-B7CB-415F51E5907E@microsoft.com... > I just switched over from outlook express yesterday, and would now...

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Microsoft Query question

Managing PST Files #2
Does anybody here know of any tools to better manage PST files? I'm after somethaing that will graphicaly represent the usage of messages in a PST. Cheers, Lee ihatespam@ihatespam.com <ihatespam@ihatespam.com> wrote: > Does anybody here know of any tools to better manage PST files? > > I'm after somethaing that will graphicaly represent the usage of > messages in a PST. I've never seen any reports of a tool like that. However, if you want to contract with a company like MAPI Labs, I'd wager they could write one for you. It won't be free. -- Bri...

Temp Files saved working in a Windows Network
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I save my office documents I worked on there is allways a second file saved which starts like ._ I suppose it is a temp file which is created from the autorecovery process. How can it be solved that these files will be deleted automatically? On 3/24/09 12:16 PM, in article 59b7045c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "alieby@officeformac.com" <alieby@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > When I save my office documents I ...

Damaged file? ("Not enough memory").
Greetings to the group. Since yesterday I cannot open a file that I used everyday, due to a "Not enough memory" error message. The problem is not on the computer but on that particular file, because I can open all the other files, while no other computer can open the damaged file. It is a 200 kb file, without links to other files nor graphics or dymanic objects or anything special. What has happened? Is there any way to recover it? Thanks in advance! Chip Pearson has some notes that you may want to read: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Maybe something will break...

Question

OWA Question #16

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Open CSV file by double-click on explorer all data in one column
Hi, I have a Windows NT with Excel 97. I have a very simple csv file containing: 1;2;3 When I open this test.csv file from File->Open in Excel it renders the data in three different columns. If I open the file by double-clicking in explorer it launches Excel and the data if confined in the first column. It seems as if it doesn't do the same when opening in both ways. Any hint? What do you have for your windows list separator? Close excel windows start button|settings|control panel|Regional and language options Click the customize button Numbers Tab List separator Make sure it ma...

Text Box Question

401K questions

Can this VBA for work on text files be modified for a different job ?
I have been using the code below (which, from memory, came from the M-Soft site before I hashed it about) successfully to open 2 text files, appending the whole of one file to the end of the other, then deleting the source file. Now a new task is to; - update all text files in a specified folder by appending a new record. This is to be a daily routine, and there should end up being about 800 to 1000 text files to be updated. - The information for the record that is appended to each file comes from a single text file each day (source file). - The first column of this 'source file' ho...

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

Warning message: The general ledger setup file is empty
Dears ! I get a warning message "The general ledger setup file is empty" when i try to open General Ledger entry screen. Please advise.. It is burinign urget thanks and Best regards Francis francisjk@hotmail.com Have you tried looking at the GL setup? Tools->Setup->Financial->General Ledger (you might need to get someone with rights to this window to check it) -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "francisjk&quo...

money99 files into money04
everytime i attempt to convert my money99 file to money04, it fails. I've tried a zillion times... Money04 will not restore my money99 backup file. any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >everytime i attempt to convert my money99 file to >money04, it fails. I've tried a zillion times... > >Money04 will not restore my money99 backup file. > >any ideas? You don't get an incompatible version error message. Do you get any error message, or does it just sit there overnight without completing? I get this message...

Excel config files
Installing Excel on a new computer, want to copy over the config files, not sure which these might be or where they're located. ? Thanks! Config files? "Steve" <kg@ut.inv> wrote in message news:5nnrovcg36i4ve5jivn2te86ac4g3j9tec@4ax.com... > Installing Excel on a new computer, want to copy over the config > files, not sure which these might be or where they're located. ? > > Thanks! "Steve" wrote... >Installing Excel on a new computer, want to copy over the config >files, not sure which these might be or where they're located. ? ...