I tried posting this in microsoft.public.outlook.general, but no
nibbles.

Does anybody know how to turn the "A program is trying to
automatically  send e-mail on your behalf." prompte off?

It pops when one of my MS Access apps is emailing one of it's reports
to somebody.

It happens on the Citrix server that one of my MS Apps is running on,
but it does not happen when the app is running on my own PC.

Consequently I'm hoping for some user-configurable setting that
controls it - either in Citrix or the flavor of Windows ("Microsoft
Server"?) that runs the Citrix box.
0
PeteCress (19)

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
cg2706 (163)
7/22/2008 7:02:17 PM
On Jul 22, 3:02 pm, Christian Goeller <c...@mvps.org.invalid> wrote:
> http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/

Looks like it would probably be the ticket.

But only in my dreams.

Corporate environment..... beeeeeg deal to circumvent existing
security with an add-on program....

Could there be a user-configurable Outlook setting that the utility is
tweaking?   Or maybe even a registry entry?
0
PeteCress (19)
7/23/2008 5:47:28 PM
PeteCresswell <PeteCress@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like it would probably be the ticket.
>
> But only in my dreams.
>
> Corporate environment..... beeeeeg deal to circumvent existing
> security with an add-on program....
>
> Could there be a user-configurable Outlook setting that the utility is
> tweaking?   Or maybe even a registry entry?

The pop-up is occurring because the application is triggering the Outlook
Object Model Guard and that can't be disabled.  Here are your other options:
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
7/23/2008 7:05:48 PM
On Jul 23, 3:05 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The pop-up is occurring because the application is triggering the Outlook
> Object Model Guard and that can't be disabled.  Here are your other options:http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=52

My guess is that MS Access' SendObject command is invoking Outlook.

CDO looks like the ticket.

Thanks Brian.
0
PeteCress (19)
7/24/2008 7:43:34 PM
On Jul 24, 3:43 pm, PeteCresswell <PeteCr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> CDO looks like the ticket.

Oops.... Nothing's simple.... I guess that's why they pay people do do
this stuff.

When I pull the triger (myMessage.Send), CDO seems tb unhappy: "Error#
-2147220960: The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid."

When I Googled that a bit, it was sounding like there are "local" and
"remote" SMTP servers and CDO doesn't magically know what the current
user is using.

Definately a problem for me bc theoretically I have no clue as to what
a given user of the app is doing SMTP-wise.

Or do I?

Anybody been here?
0
PeteCress (19)
7/24/2008 11:43:36 PM
On Jul 24, 7:43 pm, PeteCresswell <PeteCr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Definately a problem for me bc theoretically I have no clue as to what
> a given user of the app is doing SMTP-wise.
>
> Or do I?
>
> Anybody been here?

For the masochistically-inclined, here's a snip of my code.
GoogleGroups is probably gonna have it's way with it
wrapping-wise, so I'd email it to anybody who wants
a .txt file version.
Public Sub Email_Report(ByVal theObjectName As String,
theReportDescription As String, ByVal theEmailReportSelectionBasis As
Long)
1000 DebugStackPush mModuleName & ": Email_Report"
1001 On Error GoTo Email_Report_err

   ' PURPOSE: To send a copy of the named report to each person on the
   '          list in ttblEmailAddresses
   ' ACCEPTS: - Object name of the report.   e.g. "rptMaturities"
   '          - Description of the report
   '          - Whether we want addresses selected for report or trade
buy ticket
   '
   '   NOTES: 1) We discontinued using MS Access' .SendObject command
because it was provoking
   '             a security confirmation in Outlook.   Supposedly the
CDO.Message object
   '             goes direct to SMTP, bypassing Outlook.

1002 Dim myRS          As DAO.Recordset
     Dim myCdoMessage  As CDO.Message
     Dim myCdoConfig   As CDO.Configuration

     Dim curAddress    As String
     Dim myQueryName   As String
     Dim myTempDir     As String
     Dim mySnpPath     As String

     Const mySchema    As String = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/
configuration/"

   '
   ' Get path to user's "Documents and Settings", then create a Temp
   ' directory under it

1010 myTempDir = Environ("UserProfile")
1019 myTempDir = myTempDir & "\Temp"

     On Error Resume Next
     MkDir myTempDir
     On Error GoTo Email_Report_err

   '
   ' Create a snapshot of our report in the temp dir, after having
   ' deleted any pre-existing file

1020 mySnpPath = myTempDir & "\" & theObjectName & ".snp"

     On Error Resume Next
     Kill mySnpPath
     On Error GoTo Email_Report_err

1030 DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, theObjectName, "Snapshot Format",
mySnpPath

   '
   ' Set up CDO as needed

1040 Set myCdoConfig = New CDO.Configuration
1041 With myCdoConfig.Fields
1042    .Item(mySchema & "sendusing") = 2 ' cdoSendUsingPort
1043    .Item(mySchema & "smtpserver") = "localhost"
1044    .Update
1049 End With

   '
   ' Create a CDO Message object, whose "TO:" we will customize for
each

1090 Set myCdoMessage = New CDO.Message
1091 With myCdoMessage
1092    .From = CurrentUserGet()
1093    .Subject = theReportDescription
1094    .textbody = theReportDescription & " report attached as .SNP
file."
1095    .AddAttachment mySnpPath
1099 End With

   '
   ' Determine our input query and open our recordset of email
addresses

1110 Select Case theEmailReportSelectionBasis
        Case gEmailReportSelectionBasis_Report
1112       myQueryName = "qryEmailAddresses_Selected_Report"

1113    Case gEmailReportSelectionBasis_Trade_Buy
1114       myQueryName = "qryEmailAddresses_Selected_Trade_Buy"

1115    Case Else
1116       BugAlert True, "Unexpected EmailReportSelectionBasis=" &
theEmailReportSelectionBasis & "'."
1119 End Select

1120 Set myRS = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(myQueryName, dbOpenSnapshot,
dbForwardOnly)

   '
   ' Loop through the email addresses, sending a copy of the message
to each

1130 With myRS
1131    If ((.BOF = True) And (.EOF = True)) Then
1132       MsgBox "Please select at least one eMail address and try
again.", vbExclamation, "Cannot eMail: No Addresses Selected"
1133    Else
1134       Do Until .EOF = True
1139           curAddress = !EmailAddress & ""

1140           If Len(curAddress) > 0 Then
1150              With myCdoMessage
1151                 .To = curAddress
1152                 .Send
1159              End With
'1159              DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, theObjectName,
"Snapshot Format", curAddress, , , theReportDescription,
theReportDescription & " report attached as .SNP file...", False
1990           End If
'cdo.cdoSMTPServer =
1991          .MoveNext
1992       Loop
1993    End If
1999 End With

Email_Report_xit:
 DebugStackPop
 On Error Resume Next
 Set myCdoMessage = Nothing
 Set myCdoConfig = Nothing
 myRS.Close
 Set myRS = Nothing
 Exit Sub

Email_Report_err:
 BugAlert True, "curAddress='" & curAddress & "'."
 Resume Email_Report_xit
End Sub

PeteCress (19)

rcv msg, parse, execute program with parsed text?
I would like to create a rule (using Outlook 2003 SP1) where, if I receive a message from a specific user, with a specific subject line, I would then parse the text of the message (or just insert the entire text of the message, if need be) and execute a program with that parsed text as command line parameter to the executed program. I'm familiar enough with creating rules that I can handle creating the rule from the specific user and with a specific subject line. I imagine the rest of it must be done by creating some kind of VB script that does the rest of the work, and the rule w...

A simple mail merge question
How do you change the return address on envelops printed using mail merge? I don't understand the question. The return address will be whatever you tell it to be when you set up your merge document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b16b01c3ec17$335b99f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you change the return address on envelops printed > using mail merge? ...

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

send as any email from internet ?
How to set Exchange to let single user send emails as any email address? I know what are the risk, but sometimes I need to send email from my private account, or just want to show that im not in that domain where exchange is. I found some anonymous mail program over internet, but i belive that exchange can do the same. Piotrek Create a Mail Enable Contact object for the email address you want to send as and grant send as right to your user account. However, many email systems now will check the PTR of your sending SMTP or check the SPF record of the sender's email domain. They will ...

Show Calendar in program
Does VBA have a built in calendar? If so what is the code to display in userform? Thank You GJ I think it depends on what version of Office you have and what you installed. I'd start with Ron de Bruin's notes: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm On 10/22/2010 10:58, Gordon wrote: > Does VBA have a built in calendar? If so what is the code to display > in userform? > > Thank You > GJ -- Dave Peterson ...

what is the attribute name for this : "automatically update e-mail addresses based on email-address policy"
There is a check box above for the exchange 2007 console. What is the equivalent of the attribute name ? "EmailAddressPolicyEnabled" -- Tim. "IT STAFF" <jkklim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4E9A4E62-2028-435A-B982-0059BAA273F8@microsoft.com... > There is a check box above for the exchange 2007 console. > > What is the equivalent of the attribute name ? ...

Rule to forward email after user SENDS email
One of my users wants to forward all emails sent by her to another address. Rule wizard doesn't seem to have a situation that applies. The option to add a "CC" to the email isn't workable, as the receiver sees that address in the "CC" box. Forward (or BCC should work) is what I need...suggestions???? Thanks! Bob You can use a third party tool for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Always-BCC.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office rela...

Freaking out...Can Receive Emails, but can't send
I use Microsoft Live Mail and all of a sudden I can't send emails...I have checked all settings and everything is corrrect! PLEASE HELP! You're not going to get much help with the limited information you've given. Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "jultott" wrote in message news:19D6BC67-6CB3-40A9-8E26-F4706B582369@microsoft.com... I use Microso...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

HTTP mail option not available
I am using Outlook 2002 and when I try to set up an HTTP mail account, the option for HTTP is greyed out. Why is the HTTP mail account type not available? ...

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

automatic text highlighting
Hi folks, I use a spreadsheet that automatically changes the font color of the row to red if the text in a particular cell = fail. My problem is it's not working consistently (because of my editing the spreadsheet I expect) and I CANNOT find out how it's done. There's no macro and no hidden cells that I can find that perform this text coloring task. Has anyone an ideas of how it's been done? Thanks Glenn Glenn, Mark the area where you want this applied, and then go Format > Conditional Formatting. The rest is self-explanatory. HTH, Nikos "Glennh" <g...

Printing a Mail-merge postcard
Hello - I have successfully merged my database into a postcard I created in Publisher. However, when I go to "Print Merge", the option to print only that side of my 2-sided postcard is not listed. Therefore, I get 2 separate pages of 4-up postcards, which I am unable to use. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for your time and consideration. Jeannine Clontz Accbizsvc@aol.com Publisher cannot print the merged information to a second page. Put your second page in a different file, when the merge is finished, turn the cards over and print the other side. -- M...

E-mail macro
Hi all, I have a workbook that I send out daily to a contact list withi outlook. What is the best way of doing this with a macro to work off a button o the worksheet. Thanks in advance -- greg746 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46988 Here's how to send a workbook from Excel as an attachment: Create a macro with the code below and then create a button that calls that macro. Keep in min...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #7
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Limit selected recipients to receive mail from only known addresses??
I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. Is this possible with Ex2k3 Thanks in advance Mike Mike B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. >Is this possible with Ex2k3? Not exactly in the way you describe. You can use the Active Directory as the source of valid SMTP addressses, and yo...

Receiving mail I dont want
I am receiving everyday mail from Microsoft with critical updates on everything from SP's to hotfixes(around 10 a day). This is very annoying as it fill sup my mailbox everyday. There is no link saying where to unsubscribe. How to I get rid of these mails from appearing? They are viruses and spam. There's not much you can do. Unsubscribing from SPAM is about the worst thing you can do as it just confirms to the spammer that they are hitting a valid mailbox. You can get an anti-spam program which will help with this problem, but nothing will eliminate it completely. -- Patricia C...

Excel Newsgroup: not receiving e-mail notification nowadays
Hi, I have to change my e-mail address recently due to relocation. I have registered for a new MS Passport ID then. However I noticed that whenever my post is replied nowadays, I am not receiving any e-mail notification. May I know the URL that I need to highlight this problem to MS for rectification ? Many Thanks. Low The "e-mail" notification of the web interface to the newsgroup is an intermittent affair. You could subscribe directly to the underlying newsgroup using a news reader instead. Mr. Low wrote: > Hi, > > I have to change my e...

Copy & Paste to another program
I have a user that copies a row from an Excel worksheet and pastes i into a telnet session running another application. That applicatio used to accept tabs to move to the next field but now requires a enter. Is there any way to force Excel to use a enter instead of tab between columns when selecting all or part of a row? Thank you, Jaso -- McFarland ----------------------------------------------------------------------- McFarlandJ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27679 ...

Reading messages in entourage 2008 sent mail folder that were sent from iphone via exchange properly
Messages sent through the exchange server via the iphone show up in the MIME format in the entourage sent mail folder. Does anyone know what needs to be done so that these iphone sent messages are unencoded properly in the entourage sent mail folder? Thanks On 1/30/10 4:02 PM, in article C78A32C9.AAF4%jbenton@maefield.com, "Joe Benton" <jbenton@maefield.com> wrote: > Messages sent through the exchange server via the iphone show up in the MIME > format in the entourage sent mail folder. Does anyone know what needs to be > done so that these iphone sent...

I do not have permission to send to some recipients
I get some messages sent back to me with the message that i do not have permission to send to to that particular person yet other people in the same office can send the same message to the same person ok ! Do you use a signature card in your email that is a .jpg or some other picture? Often times .jpg, .gif, etc. are blocked by email servers. We find this to be a problem when our users send messages to certain companies, businesses, etc that block our standard email signature card since it is in the form of .jpg. Hope this information helps. Stephen "phil_m" wrote: > I ...

Trying to get the Phonecall ID during the onsave event of the phone call
var CallID = crmFormSubmit.crmFormSubmitId.value Hello all I tried to use this, but it does not seem to work for phone calls. Does anyone know how I can get at the ID of the phone call as I need to pass it through to a webservice to manipulate some other related entities. TIA Saira Hi, the ID of the entity instance is unknown until it is saved. Otherwise, crmForm.ObjectId should return you the ID of the phonecall. Hope this helps, Jevgenij "Saira" <Saira@nomail.5DFinance.com> wrote in message news:ey723eK%23IHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > var CallID = crmFo...

Automatically add Signature to Outlook Clients
Is there a way to set the autosignature for outlook clients using Exchange Server 2003 Ent? If so, can we pull info from AD and insert it? ...