A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...

I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage.  This package
allows me to send invoices via email.

Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES,
and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time.  Is
there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically
without asking me?  I know the security reasons why this feature is there,
its just a hinderance thats all.  I do have uptodate virus checking on my
emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my
knowledge.

Anyway, I hope you can help.

TIA

Darren

Take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm (automation
security section) for more information.  (Hopefully the vendors have an
update that can work with the enhanced security of Outlook 2000 (SP2/3) and
newer.)

"Darren Line" <darren@ganedatascan.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage.  This
package
> allows me to send invoices via email.
>
> Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES,
> and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time.
Is
> there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically
> without asking me?  I know the security reasons why this feature is there,
> its just a hinderance thats all.  I do have uptodate virus checking on my
> emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my
> knowledge.
>
> Anyway, I hope you can help.
>
> TIA
>
> Darren

0
neoheart (690)

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

How to automatically update the date to time
Hope someone can help me with this one which I have been trying to work with no success. Here is what I have in A1 I have a date and in B1 I have a time. Is there away that I can have the spreadsheet automatically make the time of 0:00 and 11:00 to 11:59 place a date of 6/01/04 and then do the same thing for the whole entire month. date time 6/01/04 0:00 6/01/04 11:00 to 11:59 (any no. between) 6/02/04 0.00 6/02/04 11:00 to 11:59 (any no. between) etc etc 6/31/04 same I am not to good in writing macro so if one is needed thanks a lot. Mike One method.. In A1...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Message that won't send
I have a message in my outbox that has been trying to send for almost a week now. It's 9 MB. I can't delete or cut, or move it to another folder. I just want it gone, any ideas? ...

How to send email thru alternate POP3 Account.
As most of us do, I have multiple Email accounts, tired of using two clients I decided to migrate to Outlook 2000 and incororate both my accounts. I would like to be able to send mail from the one Outlook client (without having to cycle the client and come up with another profile). Outlook Express allowed for this but doesn't have the robust integration with calenders, reminders, etc... I have tried to use the 'FROM' feature (located on the 'VIEW' drop down menu) but because I am using an Exchange Server for my main (corporate) mail, the 'FROM' user mus...

Non3rd Party: Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
I posted this a few days ago, and had some great response, however, I am looking for a non 3rd party solution to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN C...

Public Folder Mail Notification
Is this possible on Exchange 5.5 SP4? I have created a public folder containing mail items that users external to my system can send e-mails. That is working just fine. I now want to have certain GAL mailboxes notified if any new messages arrive in that public folder. Is this possible? A "rule" so to speak... Thanks Try www.cdolive.net for a tool. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Ben Warner" <bwarner@fairfield-city.org> wrote in message news:b42b01c3ec1a$5b839240$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is this possible on E...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Searching old e-mails
My Outlook recently stopped searching e-mails dated prior to three weeks ago. The emails are still in the inbox, and I can access them manually - but every new search only looks back to the three weeks ago date, making it harder to look back at history. There was a malware issue that happened three weeks ago on my system, but everything is back up and running smoothly except this aspect of Outlook. Any ideas? Thanks -- eddymitch64 Using Outlook 2007? Check your pst-file for errors and rebuild the Search Index. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47 -- ...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Email not routed when send by Outlook
hi, I send mail via Outlook and this mails are stored in exchange and not recreate to CRM .. When I create mail via Smtp via an asp.net application the mail are routed sucsessfully with the mail router ... All mail are in exchange I see it in da queue Plz help me Thx a lot Bye Are you selecting the CRM E-Mail option? or just sending email through Outlook. Just reply but send to an email queue.. "Benjamin Zachary" <antispam@networthco.com> wrote in message news:Xns95258A8C5267Ebenspamnetworthcocom@207.46.248.16... > Are you selecting the CRM E-Mail option? or just se...

Trying to achieve defined format with any Excel
The goal is to have a spreadsheet that can have text inserted really easily and have the cell/textbox/label autosize to the text size, and have it impossible to insert text behind this so it stays neat. I am probably going to use a text box to set up the first section... If it can be done with any version of Office it's okay, but it is preferrable to get it done with Excel 97 as this is the software in use at my workplace. 1) Can it be done? 2) If so, how? 3) If not, is it possible to get close to this? -- Striker475 ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Sending & receiving SMS from/to MS CRM4
Hello! Could anyone suggest some 3rd part solutions for sms sending/receiving from/to CRM4? We need this functionality and looking for some ISV solutions? Or maybe there are some other? -- Thank you, Liega There is a new feature that has gone into the latest VEM (www.vizola.com/vem) release - you can select which email address you wish to send email (quick) campaign activities to. This way you can setup with an email-to-sms gateway provider to distribute text messages. Does this help? - Chris ...

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Automatic Annual Leave
Hi I am quite new to Access but I am desperate to learn as much as I can as fast as I can. I am currently working on automating an annual leave process at work & am struggling & need help. My problem is that I want the user to complete a form selecting the date(s) & time(s) of leave they require. The leave pot is in half hour slots for e.g. 8:00 - 8:30 & so on. There would be a % of leave given on each half hour which is calculated against a staff in post figure. Once the user submits the form the db would automatically check the slots for each half hourly slo...

Cannot send emails to Public Folders Internally
It works from internally. There is some post on the KB about this being a known problem and it being addressed in Exchange 2003 SP2, but I had SP2 installed and it still happened. I re-installed it and the same thing? There's also a post SP1 patch, but it's only if you call and as I said, I've install SP2. Any ideas? I get the #5.2.1 message refused. Make sure Anonymous has Contributor role in the folder rights. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "brdowns" <brdowns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Export folder including mail attachments
Hi I have an outlook archive folder with lots of e mails (flight confirmations). Each e mail in the folder has an attachment (the e ticket) I can export the folder to an access database but this does not export the attachcments. How can I export this folder, including attachments, to another drive. Many thanks for any help. -- Wayne Manchester, England. Are you trying to move away from Outlook's proprietary PST storage format when it comes to archiving the folder? Reason I ask is that moving the items to a new PST file that is stored on the secondary drive m...

automatically number invoice
I have developed an invioce template in Excel and I want to get this invoice to automatically number the invioce. Is there a simple function to do this? Thanks in advance Take a look here for some fairly simple macros: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html In article <0EECC85F-4DC0-47BE-8F80-4D8C8B7816F0@microsoft.com>, "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have developed an invioce template in Excel and I want to get this invoice > to automatically number the invioce. Is there a simple function to do this? > Thanks in...

New mail notification delay
I have OutlookXP SP3 connected to our mail server running Exchange2000 server. It happens that I don't receive the "new e-mail" notification until I click in any point of the Outlook window. So if I'm working, e.g., on Word for 30 minutes I don't receive any notification even if some mails have arrived. Then I have to go to Outlook regularly and click on any message or folder; in this way I got the new messages. How can I fix this issue? Thanks! Mauro Do you have a local firewall client configured? Then it might be blocking the UDP packets to/from the Exchange se...

Send Receive Errors
If you have been getting regular Send / Recieve error messages...eg. "can't connect to server" etc. in XP...and have been bashing your head against a wall tinkering with NAV and other possible fixes, try this simple solution... add a period (dot) to the end of your mail server names in the account settings for each mail account you have. For example: change mail.servername.com to mail.servername.com. I read this on another forum, tried it, and I have not had an error message in the last 5-6 Send/Receive cycles (touch wood), when I was getting them each time prior to th...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

out of office
I am in the office three days per week. I would like to find a way to use Outlook's out-of-office assistant to automatically turn it ON when I'm out on Tuesdays and Fridays, then back off when the day ends, without going in and manually doing it each time. This doesn't seem like too much to ask, but I can't find a way to do it. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried rules and I tried the out-of-office assistant. Ginny <ginny.bonish@tufts.edu> wrote: > I am in the office three days per week. I would like to find a way to > use Outlook's out-of-office as...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

shade every other row, automatically
Two question: 1. I want my excel spreadsheet to shade every other row automatically? 2. When I use filter, can the excel re-shade every other ro automatically? Regards, NYBo -- NYBo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NYBoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=836 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46965 From a post by Tom Ogilvy: http://tinyurl.com/dsu87 " If the hidden rows are cause by applying a filter then this formula will work: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$1:A1),2)=0 Select ...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...