A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook

I have jsut installed OfficeXP pro on WinXP Pro. When I
reply to a mail, I get this message:
"A program is trying to access email addresses you have
stored in Outlook. Do you allow this? If this is
euexpected, it may be a virus, you should choose no. etc
etc."
I have tried but to no avial to determine which program
is doing that and if it is a valid program.
Does anyone has this experience or do anyone know how to
find out what program it is that is doing that? Thanks.
0
anonymous (74717)

Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are
affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs
updated to the latest version -  antispam add-ins are a common cause
although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were
updated following the release of Outlook 2003 and should work with SP3, if
not you'll need to contact the vendor for a newer version.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems has a list of
applications known to trigger the warning.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Herbert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have jsut installed OfficeXP pro on WinXP Pro. When I
> reply to a mail, I get this message:
> "A program is trying to access email addresses you have
> stored in Outlook. Do you allow this? If this is
> euexpected, it may be a virus, you should choose no. etc
> etc."
> I have tried but to no avial to determine which program
> is doing that and if it is a valid program.
> Does anyone has this experience or do anyone know how to
> find out what program it is that is doing that? Thanks.

0
dianenws (1904)
8/6/2004 4:36:50 AM
OK- thanks.
0
anonymous (74717)

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Can't reply, forward, or print some emails in sent folder
In Outlook 2002, I can't reply or forward some emails in the sent folder. The toolbar and file menu stay gray on a large number of emails and I can not select any action. However on emails sent just a minute before, I can reply, forward, or print them. What could be causing this? ...

Outlook 2007 not getting new emails on first start up.
Hi there news group :-) We have a Exchange 2003 setup (SBS) with Outlook setup to use RPC over HTTPS and it works fine, most of the time. But sometimes we have an issue with some users not getting new emails. Outlook apears to be connected to Exchange, but it does not update. It appears to happen only when the user starts outlook first time after login. The solution for the user is to restart outlook, then the new email gets delivered. The problem is both on our XP and Vista clients. Outlook is updated with SP2 We use Panda Antivirus on the clients...

oe removed access to the following....
oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: that is what I see every time I send an attachment. 1 is it just on my end or does the person i am sending the email also recieve this? 2 is there something wrong? 3 how do i get rid of any OE restrictions? ...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Outlook Stationery
I would like to create stationery for my Outlook emails. Upon viewing the mundane samples included with Outlook, several questions come to mind. The HTML code is list below for your reference. Why do these samples include the id, "ridTitle" or "ridBody"? The style sheet does not apply any attributes to this ID. A quick Google did not lead me to the answer. Could someone explain if style attributes could be applied to reply text? In other words, when you hit the reply button, Outlook display the quote text with either greater than character or a message header. How do you...

Block Exchange to pick up emails
Hello, I want to use Exchange only to send (not to receive) emails. It is possible ? My configuration : Outbound : Exchange -> Internet SMTP Inbound : Internet SMTP -> pop connector The problem is that Exchange is connecting by smtp to pick up emails in the Internet SMTP (the pop connection is not always used). Thanks for your help On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:27:27 -0800, "Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to use Exchange only to send (not to receive) emails. It is possible ? >My configuration : >Outbound : Exchang...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Trying to achieve defined format with any Excel
The goal is to have a spreadsheet that can have text inserted really easily and have the cell/textbox/label autosize to the text size, and have it impossible to insert text behind this so it stays neat. I am probably going to use a text box to set up the first section... If it can be done with any version of Office it's okay, but it is preferrable to get it done with Excel 97 as this is the software in use at my workplace. 1) Can it be done? 2) If so, how? 3) If not, is it possible to get close to this? -- Striker475 ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlool 07-Cannot open email moved from outlook to desktop or fold
In Outlook 03 I was able to move email from the mailbox to my desktop or to specific folders. In Outlook 07 when I move/drag email from Outlook mailbox the emails will not open. I don't get any error message. cpstarfinder <cpstarfinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 03 I was able to move email from the mailbox to my desktop > or to specific folders. In Outlook 07 when I move/drag email from > Outlook mailbox the emails will not open. I don't get any error > message. Is this a MSG file on disk, then? If you have Google Desktop Search, uninsta...

Outlook Express 6 #43
When I try to use Outlook Express, I get the following error messages: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. How do I find the server name? "Derek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:684701c4757e$0ecb7380$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to use Outlook Express, I get the following > error messages: > > The host 'SMTP' could not be fo...

emailing spreadsheet loses date format
When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any suggestions??? Thanks! "sam" <sam2222@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0afe01c34ba6$f87d6e50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just > sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have > to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any > suggestions??? > > Thanks! Try widening the column a little. It could just be that the ...

Cannot send emails to Public Folders Internally
It works from internally. There is some post on the KB about this being a known problem and it being addressed in Exchange 2003 SP2, but I had SP2 installed and it still happened. I re-installed it and the same thing? There's also a post SP1 patch, but it's only if you call and as I said, I've install SP2. Any ideas? I get the #5.2.1 message refused. Make sure Anonymous has Contributor role in the folder rights. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "brdowns" <brdowns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

OWA access #3
Recently installed MS Exchange 2003. Problem is that I can access OWA from the server where exchange is installed but not from workstation. I have two domain, one is NT and one is 2003. The workstation is member of NT. When I type in \\server\exchange in browser on workstation it give me an error "page cannot be displayed". When I use IP address of the server then login prompt is displayed but after typing in user name and password, i get same error. Ping for the server works fine and DNS seems to be OK. I have gone thru the article on support site to check the rights a...

Hiding member addresses in group
How do I hide the individual members' e-mail addresses when I am sending to the group? Dan O'Brien <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I hide the individual members' e-mail addresses > when I am sending to the group? Put the addresses in the Bcc field. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Public Folder Access #4
To grant public folder access to a group of users in Exch2003, do I need to add each user in client permission? Or I could use the directory permission? Regards, Norman You would set the Client permissions. You can also add groups instead of individual users. In order to grant permissions to a group, the group must be a mail-enabled security group. You can try using a mail-enabled distribution group, but Windows will attempt to automatically convert it to a security group. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Norman Zhang" <norm@realbox.com> wrote in message news:OixBl8L...

Preview Word/Excell File on Access Form
I have created a form for previewing files stored on my computer. I have a textbox that contains the entire link (C:\Directory\File.extension) to the files I would like to preview. I was able to add a picture control to the form and added code to make the image (from the text box) appear on the form. I would like to do the same thing with word and excel files. I think I would have to use an unbound OLE object?, but I don't know how to set up the code. I will use a Select Case structure based on Right(textbox, 3). What code do I need to input under the case for "doc...

Regarding option in the Microsoft Outlook Client
I am having trouble tracking my emails in CRM. The track in CRM button exists but the regarding no longer exists. I see the regarding for other options like appointments but I can't attach or promote an email to CRM. I have tried pressing the "track in CRM" button and then opening the email but I still do not see the regarding button. Any ideas and thank you. Angela ...

name field be added to Customer Addresses and default on new sop o
We have a number of customers who drop-ship orders. They need to properly address these orders with the name of the customer being shipped to. In the distribution industry, drop-ship orders are commonly shipped to the customer's customer. We are unable to save the drop-ship customer's name on the Ship to address in order to properly ship the order to the receiver. The name field is only available in the expansion window in the Sales Customer Detail Entry window, and must be manually entered every time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Outlook Setup #6
I am posting this again because I don't think it was posted correctly before. Hello all We are using Ghost at work to image laptops but once that is done we have to configure each laptop for each user. My question is... is there a way to configre Outlook 2000 in either VB or some kind of Outlook wizard with out having to click on 10 different screens, i just want to save some time and use some kind of automation. Thanks John ...

Removed Accounts but Outlook Still Trys to Send/Receive to them
I removed 3 obselete email accounts from Outlook 2007. It appeared to work because they are no longer in the account list. However Outllook keeps asking for the password for those accounts every time it replicats. It is maddening. Any ideas on how to fix? Did you remove them using the mail applet in the Control Panel? "Joey" <Joey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E31FE1FC-802C-436C-B850-1105F22B9464@microsoft.com... > I removed 3 obselete email accounts from Outlook 2007. It appeared to work > because they are no longer in the accoun...

access 2003 forms not workin access 2007
I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for input on any field contained in the form. If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I let it run throught the code, it cannot see the fields. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Patrick Patrick Hatton <Patrick Hatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for >input on any field contained in the form. > >If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...