A New Outlook User

Twenty years, and I never used Outlook before (Lotus Notes and Groupwise):
 A question, How do I change the default setting so that I do not receive
notifications when people Accept or Decline meetings and appointments?  I set
up a lot of them, with a lot of people,  and my Inbox is being overwhelmed.

Thank you
Kevin
0
Kevin105 (377)

Version 2003, forgot to mention in original post.

"Kevin" wrote:

> Twenty years, and I never used Outlook before (Lotus Notes and Groupwise):
>  A question, How do I change the default setting so that I do not receive
> notifications when people Accept or Decline meetings and appointments?  I set
> up a lot of them, with a lot of people,  and my Inbox is being overwhelmed.
>
> Thank you
> Kevin
0
Kevin105 (377)
3/31/2008 1:47:01 PM
Turn off the option to Request Responses - I believe (but someone else =
will need to verify) that there is a registry key that will disable this =
universally. =20

In Outlook 2003, in a new meeting or appointment item, open the Actions =
menu - it should be there.  (I am using 2007 to answer this but have =
2003 at work - perhaps Neo can verify this setting.)

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Kevin asked:

| Twenty years, and I never used Outlook before (Lotus Notes and
| Groupwise):=20
| A question, How do I change the default setting so that I do not
| receive notifications when people Accept or Decline meetings and
| appointments?  I set up a lot of them, with a lot of people,  and my
| Inbox is being overwhelmed.=20
|=20
| Thank you
| Kevin
0
Milly
3/31/2008 5:09:14 PM
Thanks, that works on an item by item basis.  It is back on for the next
meeting item.
Is there a global setting somewhere.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Turn off the option to Request Responses - I believe (but someone else will need to verify) that there is a registry key that will disable this universally.
>
> In Outlook 2003, in a new meeting or appointment item, open the Actions menu - it should be there.  (I am using 2007 to answer this but have 2003 at work - perhaps Neo can verify this setting.)
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Kevin asked:
>
> | Twenty years, and I never used Outlook before (Lotus Notes and
> | Groupwise):
> | A question, How do I change the default setting so that I do not
> | receive notifications when people Accept or Decline meetings and
> | appointments?  I set up a lot of them, with a lot of people,  and my
> | Inbox is being overwhelmed.
> |
> | Thank you
> | Kevin

0
Kevin105 (377)
3/31/2008 5:26:13 PM
As I indicated, there may be a registry setting but I don't know what it =
is *if* there is one.  Perhaps someone else can chime in on this.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Kevin asked:

| Thanks, that works on an item by item basis.  It is back on for the
| next meeting item.
| Is there a global setting somewhere.
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|=20
||=20
|| Turn off the option to Request Responses - I believe (but someone
|| else will need to verify) that there is a registry key that will
|| disable this universally. =20
||=20
|| In Outlook 2003, in a new meeting or appointment item, open the
|| Actions menu - it should be there.  (I am using 2007 to answer this
|| but have 2003 at work - perhaps Neo can verify this setting.) =20
||=20
|| --=C2=81
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, Kevin asked:
||=20
||| Twenty years, and I never used Outlook before (Lotus Notes and
||| Groupwise):
||| A question, How do I change the default setting so that I do not
||| receive notifications when people Accept or Decline meetings and
||| appointments?  I set up a lot of them, with a lot of people,  and my
||| Inbox is being overwhelmed.
|||=20
||| Thank you
||| Kevin
0
Milly
3/31/2008 6:26:44 PM
Kevin,

Do you want to just have the meeting added to your calendar assuming you are
free?

You could make yourself act as a resource (kinda silly but it would work)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/cfsetup.mspx

They would have to invite you as a resource and you will decline or accept
any meeting automatically.

Not sure how helpful that is since it also requires the meeting organizer to
send the invite differently.

"Kevin" wrote:

> Twenty years, and I never used Outlook before (Lotus Notes and Groupwise):
>  A question, How do I change the default setting so that I do not receive
> notifications when people Accept or Decline meetings and appointments?  I set
> up a lot of them, with a lot of people,  and my Inbox is being overwhelmed.
>
> Thank you
> Kevin
0
adam1685 (340)

create folder to all users
i am searching for a way to create a folder called search and replay under the outbox folder. i do not wish to use a plublic folder. the search and replay folder will open up to a web page. i need to know if there is any way of creating this folder without going to each of the workstations. we are running exchange 2003 w/ mixed outlook versions (200,xp,2003). please offer me any ideas you might have. thank you for your help. You'll have to script a solution. Nothing native in Exchange will let you do this and deploy to existing users. Nue "murr" <martynaughton@gmail....

Outlook Issue #7
I am using Outlook2003SP1 with Exchange 2003. When I first start outlook and open either a message or a calendar request when I press the button(s) or select from the menu any of these functions; send, reply, forward, reply to all, accept, decline, print, permissions, follow up, previous, next basically any function nothing happens. The only things that seems to work is the close, change font and move to folder buttons/functions. Once I close the item and open it up again everything works. I have to do this for either messages or calendar items. I have tried creating a different mail prof...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

Outlook express #252
Can someone explain how I can have the same email (with attachments) sent to my home PC and works PC. The Works PC has the attachment, but my home PC has the words "OE has removed attachments) - so I have to view the attachments at work!! Can I tell my home computer to stop removing these things!! Thank you in eager anticipation, Tools->Options->Security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

User Calendar Vanished
Hello, Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have vanished! for dates prior to June 05 This is not a big deal, but i thought a little odd.. any reason anyone might know of why this would happen? one thing i suggest was that some data archived off has been deleted.. do archives include calendar data ? thanks On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:44:28 -0800, "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have >vanished! for dates prior to June 05 > >This is...

New Email Messages

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

New Location/New setup

Fax and Outlook for XP
I used to have an old PC running Windows '98 with Outlook '97 and Microsoft Fax - it was great, very easy to use as both faxes and emails would be displayed in the same place. I've just upgraded to a new PC with XP. I can load Outlook '97 but can't use Windows Messaging and so can't use Microsoft Fax or send/receive emails. 1) Is there a version of Messaging for Windows XP? 2) Is it compatible with Microsoft Fax or do I need to get another Fax? Peter The version of Fax that comes with WinXP is VERY GOOD... however, it does not "integrate" with Outlo...

Outlook 2003, Windows 7, crashing on Reminders
Hi All. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 on my new Windows 7 machine. All is fine in Outlook until the reminder window needs to pop up. As soon as it does, with maybe a second delay, the entire computer seizes and I need to power off to reboot. None of the reminders actually load/display in the pop-up Reminders window, though the title bar for the pop-up starts to count the number but stalls on "1 Reminder". Running Outlook in "safe" mode is just fine. The reminders pop-up opens no problem and I just continue working. Running in "normal" mode,...

Outlook 2k3 #2
I have an issue with Outloook where i want the calendar to pop up reminders, but it is not, even though all the settings clearly show that it should be bringing pop ups. I checked the advanced options and reminder options and reminders are enabled. any thoughts? wong.br@gmail.com <wong.br@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an issue with Outloook where i want the calendar to pop up > reminders, but it is not, even though all the settings clearly show > that it should be bringing pop ups. I checked the advanced options > and reminder options and reminders are enabled. > > ...

Outlook Express toolbar keeps resizing.
After my Outlook Express sits open for while the toolbar's size increases to the point that it starts drop selection options from the screen. Anyone run into that before? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Du...

How do I activate the new mail button

multiple profiles in outlook: outlook does not prompt
hello outlook gurus, i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a profile selection and outlook is started with the profile i defined first. any ideas what is going wrong ? thanx alot tim tim braun <tim.braun@freesurf.ch> wrote: > i defined two profiles in outlook 2003 and changed the profile setting > to prompt what profile the client wants to access when i open outlook. > but when i open outlook, i'm not prompted for a pr...

Style available all sheets new or old

Can I Display Winodws File Folder Contents in Outlook?
OL2007/Exchange: I have found how to set a particular outlook folder to display a website by seleting the home page tab under properties. Is there a way to have this display the contents of a windows file folder instead of an html file? I have tried something like c:\my documents, and even file:\\c:\my documents, but this does not seem to work. I've thought of perhaps making an html file with links to the contents of the folder and displaying that html file. Looks pretty easy, but if we add new files, etc., then the html file does not get automatically updated. I know this is a stran...

saving emails in outlook
anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items onto an iomega zip drive? robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items > onto an iomega zip drive? Create a new PST. Copy to it everything you want to save. Close the PST and close Outlook. Copy the PST to the zip drive. All done. -- Brian Tillman Sorry to be so stupid but how do I create a new PST? Thnaks >-----Original Message----- >robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlo...

how do i se up a repeating meeting in outlook?
Go to Chart menu > Chart Options > Meeting tab, and choose the Recurrence option in the dialog. Seriously, you should use the appropriate newsgroup. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "m haider" <m haider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4839D3B2-34E8-47A6-BFFC-CC40DADBB9A2@microsoft.com... > ...

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...

Outlook & Outlook Express on same PC
I had both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on my PC with Windows 98. Each was connected to different email accounts and had different messages. I want the same set up on my new PC with Windows XP Home edition. But I could only find one pst file. It had the data from Outlook. How can I find the data for the Outlook Express folders? Thank you in advance. cp OE stores data in a different file structure to OL http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ should help David "cp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b901c3d897$6e31e1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...