a fatal error has occured in outlook. the data in your envelope has been lost, but your document is still available

a fatal error has occured in outlook.  the data in your envelope has
been lost, but your document is still available.

Ummm  WTH?

What version of Outlook?
What type of email account?
Are there any other error messages and/or numbers?
Are there any Office-related error entries in the Application Event Viewer?
Are you able to send/receive email? Can you open email?

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"brianwatson81@gmail.com" wrote:

> a fatal error has occured in outlook.  the data in your envelope has
> been lost, but your document is still available.
>
> Ummm  WTH?

0
KOrland1 (1012)
12/13/2007 6:05:01 PM
On Dec 13, 12:05 pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> What version of Outlook?
> What type of email account?
> Are there any other error messages and/or numbers?
> Are there any Office-related error entries in the Application Event Viewer?
> Are you able to send/receive email? Can you open email?
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> "brianwatso...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > a fatal error has occured in outlook.  the data in your envelope has
> > been lost, but your document is still available.
>
> > Ummm  WTH?

Outlook 2002
WinXP
Mdaemon connecter account
This showed up when she clicked the save button in Excel.
Yes she can send receive just fine....
I haven't had a chance to go to her machine and view event viewer.
Excel? Was this a spreadsheet that arrived in Outlook? What happens if the
user saves the spreadsheet outside of Outlook to work on and save?

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"brianwatson81@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Dec 13, 12:05 pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > What version of Outlook?
> > What type of email account?
> > Are there any other error messages and/or numbers?
> > Are there any Office-related error entries in the Application Event Viewer?
> > Are you able to send/receive email? Can you open email?
> >
> > --
> > Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> > Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >
> > "brianwatso...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > > a fatal error has occured in outlook.  the data in your envelope has
> > > been lost, but your document is still available.
> >
> > > Ummm  WTH?
>
> Outlook 2002
> WinXP
> Mdaemon connecter account
> This showed up when she clicked the save button in Excel.
> Yes she can send receive just fine....
> I haven't had a chance to go to her machine and view event viewer.

0
KOrland1 (1012)
12/13/2007 7:53:00 PM
On Dec 13, 1:53 pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Excel? Was this a spreadsheet that arrived in Outlook? What happens if the
> user saves the spreadsheet outside of Outlook to work on and save?
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> "brianwatso...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > On Dec 13, 12:05 pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > What version of Outlook?
> > > What type of email account?
> > > Are there any other error messages and/or numbers?
> > > Are there any Office-related error entries in the Application Event Viewer?
> > > Are you able to send/receive email? Can you open email?
>
> > > --
> > > Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> > > Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/

> > Outlook 2002
> > WinXP
> > Mdaemon connecter account
> > This showed up when she clicked the save button in Excel.
> > Yes she can send receive just fine....
> > I haven't had a chance to go to her machine and view event viewer.

I was just thinking about that, it might have been one she opened and
then tried saving from the temp folder.  If not then it is something
weird...........
Might be a ram issue, i think she is running 256mb on a dell sx260.
She said that she has been getting other memory messages.  Still
haven't had a chance to go look at it yet.
If the user gets alot of attachments that she works on, it may be a good idea
to empty out the SecureTemp folder:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"brianwatson81@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Dec 13, 1:53 pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Excel? Was this a spreadsheet that arrived in Outlook? What happens if the
> > user saves the spreadsheet outside of Outlook to work on and save?
> >
> > --
> > Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> > Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >
> > "brianwatso...@gmail.com" wrote:

> > > Outlook 2002
> > > WinXP
> > > Mdaemon connecter account
> > > This showed up when she clicked the save button in Excel.
> > > Yes she can send receive just fine....
> > > I haven't had a chance to go to her machine and view event viewer.
>
> I was just thinking about that, it might have been one she opened and
> then tried saving from the temp folder.  If not then it is something
> weird...........
> Might be a ram issue, i think she is running 256mb on a dell sx260.
> She said that she has been getting other memory messages.  Still
> haven't had a chance to go look at it yet.

0
KOrland1 (1012)
12/13/2007 8:51:00 PM
On Dec 13, 2:51 pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> If the user gets alot of attachments that she works on, it may be a good idea
> to empty out the SecureTemp folder:
>
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> "brianwatso...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > On Dec 13, 1:53 pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Excel? Was this a spreadsheet that arrived in Outlook? What happens if the
> > > user saves the spreadsheet outside of Outlook to work on and save?
>
> > > --
> > > Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> > > Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/

> > I was just thinking about that, it might have been one she opened and
> > then tried saving from the temp folder.  If not then it is something
> > weird...........
> > Might be a ram issue, i think she is running 256mb on a dell sx260.
> > She said that she has been getting other memory messages.  Still
> > haven't had a chance to go look at it yet.

Ok,
I had a chance to look at her system.  She had a few missing software
updates from MS so I got those installed.
Event viewer:
Event Type: Crypt32
   Failed auto update retrieval of third party root list cab from:
<http://www.download.windowsupdate.com...............................>
    I just think it didnt want to contact our WSUS server :)

Event Type: Application Hang
   hanging application outlook.exe......, hang module hungapp,
version..........,hang address........

Event Type: Microsoft Office 10
    faulting application outlook.exe, version....., faulting module
ole32.dll, version......., fault address

I recreated her outlook profile and updated the connecter

outlook express
I am using outlook express. I would like to use outlook. I do not want to mess up my email. Can I safely make outlook my default email and if so how. Any disadvantages to doing this. Thanx. ...

fatal error !!!
well... recently i have been a problem with a game... every time that i play windows displays a window... the game create an error code... i install windbg to know more about the problem and this is the result: ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ****************************************************...

Outlook 2002 10-14-04
I want to setup outlook 2002 to have two different accounts use the same .pst file. I have numerous sales people that work a lot out of home and at work have a domain account. Is there a way to have outlook use the same pst file for two different account setups. ...

How to remove items from Outlook 2007 Menu
Hi I would like to install Outlook 2007 client on my Citrix servers running on W2K3 OS and I need to remove all unnecessary options from the User menu. I have used the Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 ADM to remove as much as possible but I am unable to remove the following: - Tools -> Forms - Tools -> Macros - Help -> Contact us - Help -> Check for updates - Help -> Office Diagnostics - Help -> Privacy Options Thanks, Maelito ...

why the error message error:illegal call of non-static member func
hello, I have written my own function to perform some operation.I call it from thread i have created in my program.But on compilation it gives the following error error:illegal call of non-static member function. why such an error comes?Does it have to do with calling the function from a thread?This is what i think?. When i declared the function as static it worked fine.... Can i know what was exactly going wrong and if i don't want it to be static what is the other solution? Please help sayu wrote: > hello, > I have written my own function to perform some op...

Group Policy and Outlook 'Safe Senders List'
Scenario: Client has Small Business Server 2003 and Windows XP with a couple of Office XP but mostly Office 2003. A Canon network printer/copier can be used to scan documents and deliver by email. You select the user from a list on the printer and hit the go button, job done. The printer delivers a blank message coming from mail@domain.com and having a PDF attachment. If the user has outlook open and set for alerts on incoming messages they get the 'New mail has arrived, do you wish to view it?' but when hitting 'Yes' the message cannot be found. It cannot be found becau...

Credit Card Error
I have been using RMS for 3 years version 1.2 with Citibank for credit card processing. Starting a last Friday I can no longer get a credit card authorization via the internet. I get a failed transaction with this error message 'Connection Error: A network connection failed. Make sure you have a network (or Internet) connection then try again.' However, I am connected to the internet and can access web pages, etc. If I open POS on my back office computer I can get an approval code via the internet so it must be a setting on the POS station. Any suggestions? Calling for every ap...

SFO on outlook webaccess
Is it possible to install the SFO plugin on a Front end Exchange Server. So you can access the SFO thru Outlook WebAccess No, not at this stage Pieter - would be nice thought (CRM Developement team note!!). The Outlook client is a rich 32 bit client installation which means it has to be installed on a local machine. Please also be awar that with the current installation of this software, Terminal Services and Citrix are not supported either. Also, unless you download the patch, you must have local admin rights to run the Outlook client on the lcoal machine. Guy. "Pieter Versteijnen...

Importing ECCO v4.01 files to Outlook 2002 contacts.
I selected in Outlook 2002: IMPORT & EXPORT, IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM OR FILE, ECCO 2.0-4.0, FILE TO IMPORT. And received below error message; ======================= A File error has occured in the ECCO 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 translator while getting the contents of a file system. Time out! The ECCO Application could not find the file. Try opening "C:\Program Files\ECCCO\RELATIVES & FRIENDS.eco" and leave ECCO running before attempting this translation. ======================== Next logical step was to check the MS Knowledgebase; Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278077...

RMS 2.0 Error (gift cards)
Hi when ever I run a giftcard(mercuy) the rms closes and I lose the the transaction, but when I go online I do see it on mercury web reporting as being process but I dont see the transaction either on journal or my end of the day batch closing , this started after I upgraded it to 2.0 from 1.3 I do have netframe work 1.1 and 2.0 and all the hotfixes for them ! here is the error message I get: Database connection lost, application will be closed Error #-2147467259 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]General network error. Chech your network documentation. (Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provide...

How do I reconfigure my Outlook settings in Publisher?
I recently did my first newsletter for our business using Publisher and when I went to use the e-mail option I entered my Outlook setting incorrectly. Can someone tell me how to go in and change those settings? I have not been successful in finding the answer on my own! Thanks! Which settings are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED1E32C-F191-4725-B26A-C96D02B57F95@microsoft.com... >I recently did my first newsletter for our business using Publisher and >when > I went...

Compilation error in hidden module: Protect_All
Hi all. I have built an application that requires a module to protect itself; it expires after 40 sessions of work. Some customer of mine told me that they have a compilation error in that module, but in my PC I can't see nothing. Can someone help me? Here's the module: I have substituted some string with "mio.....". You can see and test the complete application downloading it from: http://win.piccioli.com/cranesuite/cranesuite_11.exe Note that the modules (Protect_All) is used in all the 3 application, but my customers told me that the error occurs in only one each, and n...

Outlook 2002 Error?
When I try to run outlook 2002 it will not start. I tried the "repair and detect" with out any luck. I reinstalled Office Xp and still no luck. This only happens in one Windows XP user, the other two users Outlook works OK. The error message I get is bellow: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2616.0 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 006d3fe5 Any Help? Thanks I still have the samw problem. I loaded SP2 and I now get this error: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 006d3fe5 "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <step...

Error accessing Workflow manager
On a new CRM istallation, I cannot access any of the management tools (except CRM itself). "Localhost" does not work, neither does http://crm or CRM website IP. What should I use? what message appears when you try to access them? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "mkatsev" <mkatsev@unitedspinal.org> wrote in message news:edkSKKKNFHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > On a new CRM istallation, I cannot access any of the management tools > (except CRM itself). "Localhost" does not work, neither does http://crm or > CRM ...

error (0x800CCC0E)
I've set up and double checked several times all the settings for an "imap (143) - smtp (587)"for AOL and I keep getting these error messages. ***************************************** Task 'AOL: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Could not fetch new headers in the folder Inbox for Account AOL. Error:Unable to connect to the server..' Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on AOL.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Could not fetch new headers in the folder (null) for Account AOL. Error:Unable to connect t...

Create a macro to create excel line graph with coloured pointers and data lables
Hi guys. Need to leverage some expertise please. For example, if we have the table: Date Project Delivery Date Status Comments 01/02 x 01/05/2009 Green original date 07/02 x 08/05/2009 Amber delay supply 14/02 x 20/05/2009 Red out of money 21/02 x 30/05/2009 Green on track 28/02 x 28/02/2009 Blue delivered-wow So id like the macro to draw the line for project x based on the 'delivery date'. The points should be coloured according to the 'status' column and when you hover the mouse over the point the ...

Error 1004 Method 'Range' of object 'Global' failed
Hi I am being plagued by a problem which I cannot resolve, so I turn to the Repository Of All Knowledge..... I have a procedure in a VB application (not within Excel, but an application I've created myself). It contains the following code: Dim xl As Excel.Application Dim wb As Excel.Workbook Dim ws As Excel.Worksheet Dim rng As Excel.Range Dim x As Integer Set xl = New Excel.Application xl.Visible = True Set wb = xl.Workbooks.Add Set ws = wb.Worksheets(1) Set rng = ws.Range("A1") For x = wb.Worksheets.Count To 2 Step -1 wb.Worksheets(x).Delete Next x For Each fld In r...

Outlook attachment error #2
I'm trying to attach a word document that is titled in Chinese. I am using Windows XP, and Office 2000 Professional. When I try to attach a document that has a Chinese filename, I keep getting the error message "The file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" How can I get this to work? Can I?? ...

Outlook 2007 11-25-09
I ordered Outlook 2007 online but was unable to download at the time of purchase. I was sent email with product key. My question- how do I download Outlook 2007 with just the product key? Is there a place to get printed directions? "Morrelldavid" <Morrelldavid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBB2D783-F87E-4F5B-B093-E60D62D9F2A8@microsoft.com... >I ordered Outlook 2007 online but was unable to download at the time of > purchase. I was sent email with product key. My question- how do I download > Outlook 2007 with just the product key? Is ...

Outlook.exe-Application Error
When closing the program, I often get an error message, the program reopens, then closes. The latest error message: "Instruction at 0x351687f2 referenced memory at 0x04884124. Memory could not be read. Does anyone have a suggestion. Thankyou. Regards, Jim Kobzeff Hi JK Try outlook in safe mode. Start-run and type the following outlook /safe Also you may want to put your computer in safe mode to determine if there is a product on the computer or hardware that maybe causing an issue. Cheers "JK" <JK@here.com> wrote in message news:Osl0d.168$ZP.116@trnddc05... >...

Word Error
I have an issue I cannot find help with. I am getting the complie error in hidden module: autoexec when i start word or close it. I believe what caused it was when I tried to put adobe acrobat on my computer and realized the version i had would not work with Vista. I uninstalled acrobat but it must have left something behind. I do not have any files in either of the startup folders as described in some of the threads. In word if I look at the templates and add-ons it shows pdfmaker.dot but it will not let me delete. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling office but that did not wo...

Sales For Outlook Error
If some one could help me out with this that would be great. On one of our client machines we have loaded the CRM Sales For Outlook and when you open an exsisting record or try to create a new record the new window pops open as normal but rather than load anything it just says Microsoft CRM Sales For Outlook Error in loading DLL with no info on the dll or the error any where. If any one knows where I could find a log on this error on the machine or if any one knows a fix please help. Mike mike in outlook go to tools - options - other - advanced options - com addins. There you should...

Payables Transaction Inquiry
I am receiving this error when i am trying to scroll down in the Payables Transaction Inquiry screen. I choose a vendor, by document number and include work, open and history. I start to scroll down and about 5-6 clicks after i start i get the following error. "Unhandled script exception: Index 11 of array 'PM Transaction Abbreviation' is out of range in script 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Scroll_FILL'. Script terminated." I couldnt find any fix on partner source. Any ideas? Try running a Check Links on the PM tables. If that does not work, you need to reind...

Outlook won't open til the 3rd try
Sometimes the second, but Outlook 2000 never opens all the way for me on the first try. It stops responding in the middle of dowloading new mail(sometimes it doesn't even get that far) and I have to try to re-open it again. Most times I have to do it a third time. Any ideas on how to fix this? See if one of the following helps you; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Martin Thomas&quo...

Socket error?
Hi, I use a SMTP class which I have get from the Internet. This class supports authentication. If I try to send an email with a wrong password, the email is not send. That's ok! But now, I insert the correct password and I can't send an email. if (connect(m_hSocket,(LPSOCKADDR)&addr,sizeof(addr)) == SOCKET_ERROR) The connect() function brings a WSAECONNRESET error! But the strange thing is, that after a while, the connect() function works again. There must be a possibility to reset the socket in such a way, so that the connect() works always with a correct password, no matter ...