A difficult VBA question...a challenge

ok, I'm not a pro, but this task seems like an extremely
difficult task - so hopefully someone is up to the challenge!

I have a MS Access 2003 database.  I would like to use
VBA to accomplish the following tasks (keep in mind this
is originating from Access and not Outlook)...

I would like to take an email address and instead of creating a new message
to it I would like to REPLY to the last one that was received
from that address.  Obviously the only real difference is that the
body of the message from the previous received message will
be included.  Keep in mind I am talking about sending a message
programatically (although it needs to use Outlook as a client).

DO NOT TELL ME to post this thread somewhere else.  I realize
that one could say this is an Access issue and not an Outlook issue,
however, I already tried the Access forum and I think this forum is
a reasonable place to ask this question.  After all, both applications
have VBA in common.

0
nws (10)

Stealth1 <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote:

> ok, I'm not a pro, but this task seems like an extremely
> difficult task - so hopefully someone is up to the challenge!

Someone might be if you were to ask in the programming newsgroup
--
Brian Tillman
0

> Someone might be if you were to ask in the programming newsgroup
> --
> Brian Tillman

Thanks Brian.
I will re-post in that group.

0
nws (10)

Question about Outlook 2003 Disk
I just bought one of the stand alone office products, Microsoft Outlook 2003. On the face of the disk it reads, "Microsoft Office Outlook Standard 2003" Can anyone tell me what the standard part of the title means? I assumed there was only one version of outlook 2003, I don't recall seeing standard, plus or premium versions of the program on Microsofts website. I bought the software from softwareoutlet.com, who had very high ratings so I wen't with them because they seemed like they could be trusted. Did I get what I was suppose to get or what? Also the color of the dis...

Simple Max/Min type question Help!! Urgent!!
Hi everyone. I have 5 numbers from cell A1 to A5 A1 = 5 A2 = 13 A3 = 4 A4 = 1 A5 = 12 If I want to re-arrange them in cell B1 to B5 from smallest to largest. I know I can use sort function but.. how do I make it arrange in such way automatically? i.e. B1 will always have the smallest value from A1 to A5 so I can use B1=> =Min(A1:A5) B2 will always have the 2nd smallest value from A1 to A5 => Now I have a problem. Is there a formulae to find second smallest or biggest value? Please help Thank you, =SMALL(A1:A5,2) Cheers, JM "James8309" <jaedong1221@gmail.com> wro...

Question: Access & Publisher??
Hi out there... I've an Access database (some data is names/addresses/etc)... and a Publisher template (with 8-10 Styles). I want to make a phone directory. I've tried googling "Access to Publisher"... and came back with alot of Access->Word hits... Didn't come up with anything useful on Publisher-FROM-Access either. Can someone point me to where I should start?? Thanks in advance, Steve What version Publisher? In earlier versions you can use a straightforward mail merge. In Publisher 2003-07 Catalog Merge would be good. Publisher recognizes Access databa...

Very difficult query!
Hello All I have spent most of today on this and can't get it right: I hope someone out there can help! I need a query that will give a person's retirement date (RD), according to their date of birth (DOB). The trouble is that the age at which a person can retire is not constant, but is instead determined according to the following: for a DOB earlier than 6 April 1950, the RD is on their 60th birthday If DOB is 6 April 1950 to 5 May 1950, RD is 6 May 2010 If DOB is 6 May 1950 to 5 June1950, RD is 6 July 2010 If DOB is 6 June 1950 to 5 July 1950, RD is 6 Sep 2010 If DOB i...

Template & linked Excel database question
Okay - I got my template set up & linked to an Excel worksheet for a database. I open the template and start entering info - the first field is the client's name & has a macro that saves the file as "Name.xls" when moving out of this cell. I go on to complete the initial data entries, then save & close...but I don't get the prompt to save as a new entry to the database file UNLESS I then re-open the same file and close it again. Why don't I get the prompt the FIRST time I save & close???? tm ...

Basic Database Design Question
I'm setting up a new database with access 97. It will include several daily extract files (excel format) from several old mainframe machines. I have several ideas on how to do this, but none of them address the repetition of data in fields that could be referenced on another table. If I make reference tables, It decreases the data size significantly, but doesn't import the next day's excel file well. some background: there are 7000 unique client numbers, names, diagnoses, and other identifying information (2mb per extract). Each day I will receive an excel file that is nearly i...

Question about erase software.
I routinely wipe deleted data from the HDD over the weekend. For this I use "East-tec Eraser". But sometimes I get log reports such as the following: **** Decision:Ignore -> File Slack C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Help\de_DE\Acrobat Pro\8.0\WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7dfd.html Cannot open file - Access is denied **** What does this mean? Is the Adobe software working in the background somehow? How can I turn this off temporarily? regards, Frank Adobe has a bad habit of putting a startup launcher in the Programs\Startup folder...

PivotTable "show data value as" question
Hi all, I have a problem about using Pivot Table in Excel 2003: In a pivot table I have a date field, grouped by year and month, as the row field. The data field of the table is anything that can be summed. Now when I tried to display the data field value as "Difference from previous month", I found that January of each year is always blank, ideally the data value in January should be display as the difference between the actual January value minus December value of the last year. Any tricks to show them? Thanks a lot. Frederick Chow Hong Kong. If you group the dates by ...

Question: Macro overloading, passing variable number of arguments
Excel-97 (SR-2) In general I would like to write macros that can be overloaded, for example Hyperlink() has an optional displaytext field. HyperLink( Filename) HyperLink( Filename, DisplayText) Please could someone post a short, useful macro that does such a thing, rather than give a description of how to do so. I have searched the online help for "overloading" and "arguments" but nothing useful is shown there. TIA, Fred. See the help for Functions You are just talking about optional arguments. Function MyFunc(MyStr As String, Optional MyArg1 As _ Integer = 5, _ ...

Assign shortcut key to VBA procedure
Hi, Would it be possible to assign a shortcut key to a VBA procedure like can be done in Word and Excel? I use Outlook 2003 (MultiLangual version). -- Mvg, Frans Follow the instructions at = http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/toolbar.htm#macro to add a macro to the = toolbar, then give it an Alt+ accelerator key by putting an ampersand & = in front of the accelerator character.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators,...

HTML Source Code Question
In Publisher 98 or 2000 is there a way to view the HTML source code and then copy it into another document? Not within Publisher. It is not an html editor. Open the html files in Notepad or any text/html editor. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Harvey" <hcohenREMOVE@eznet.THISnet> wrote in message news:0a3e62040b4377a8c82d327373486794@news.teranews.com... > In Publisher 98 or 2000 is there a way to view the HTML source code and then > copy it into another document? > > Harvey...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Unusual email configuration question
Hello I am new to exchange and have been given the task of implementing it within a small company. I am looking for advise regarding an unusual email arrangement. This company is split into two separate companies but several of the employee's work for both companies thus require to receive email from both domains, this is not a problem. The problem arises when sending an email, how can they choose which account to send it on, so the customer see's the correct address. They are used to using multiple accounts in outlook but I cannot see how this is possible in exchange. I look ...

BCC Question #2
Hello: Quick question regarding BCC and mail headers. BCC informtaion is obviously not stored in the header of the final recipient. Does exchange strip this information before delivery or is this handled in some other fashion? Thanks Yes, it is hidden as security measure, only shows in SMTP logs. James Chong MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com Joe wrote: > Hello: > > Quick question regarding BCC and mail headers. BCC informtaion is obviously > not stored in the header of the final recipient. Does exchange strip this > information before delivery o...

Excel File Question
Rarely use Excel and would ask what is the difference between an excel spreadsheet and a workbook. Much thanks for an informed response. Its just terminology. People call an excel file a workbook or a spreadsheet. I tend to think that a spreadsheet is one tab of information in a workbook, so a workbook is a collection of related spreadsheets. "Maurice" wrote: > Rarely use Excel and would ask what is the difference between an excel > spreadsheet and a workbook. Much thanks for an informed response. When Excel first came out the files consisted of a single she...

re: VBA Problem
Thanks in advance for any help... I'm creating a frontend form for a spreadsheet which uses a lot of textboxes. I want to be able to pass any of these textbox objects to a function which will alter the object's properties. A simplified version of the code is shown below: Private Sub TextBox1_Change() Call makeRed(TextBox1) ' error 13 End Sub Private Sub TextBox2_Change() Call makeRed(TextBox2) 'error 13 End Sub Private Sub makeRed(ByRef tb As TextBox) tb.BackColor = vbRed End Sub I can get this to work using Visual Basic 5. But using VBA for Excel 97, whe...

MX record question #3
My users report that they get NDR's when sending e-mail from my organization to acertainuser@mckenna.edu Then in my Exch20003 Connector server, if I do: nslookup set type=mx mckenna.edu It times out. If I enter a valid "msn.com" domain, MX records are returned OK. Codeflux.com returns correct information for "mckenna.edu". Can you tell me what I am missing here ? I mean, is this a problem with my DNS servers not retrieving info from 'mckenna.edu' domain ? Does this times out ALL the time or the first time you try? If it times out every time, try chan...

Two field entry questions
I don't know if VBA will be involved, but... I have a Word document with some tables and some of the cells of that table should have text entered. What I'd really like to have those cells which require entry to initially be yellow in color, but whenever text is entered (either when the cursor has left the table cell, or also acceptable when any text appears in the table cell) the background color should go away. My second question is that there are some places in my document where I have entered spaces with an underline to indicate that it should be filled out. However, wh...

Vba Cell Address Question #2
No, I have a drop down menue that quaries the internet for stock dat based upon the stock selected in that drow down menue. Since the dro down menue has a control cell linked to it I would like to utilize tha number which is in D5 on the sheet as a of determining where to pu data, i.e., the closing price of the stock selected. What I am looking for is a way to reference a cell address with th value of another cell. Any ideas? Thanks, Michae -- MJSlatter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MJSlattery's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

Collecting data through email using VBA
Hi, I know that the "Create Email" tool in order to collect data through email but I want to do it automatically. My database form includes VBA code in order to send automate emails. I'd like to make this email "special" in order to receive the replay into access and use the answer email. I'd be grateful if someone could help me with the VBA code. Thanks! This capability is included in Access 2007, if you are using the .accdb file format, although you still need to initiate the process (ie. it is not fully automatic). What version of Access are you using? ...

MSFlexGrid question.
Hi, Is anyone familiary with MSFlexGrid? I have a question here. I have a grid with one fixed row, which is the header and contains the names for several columns. I would like to perform some actions when I click on the header of a particular column. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks. Leo You would have to have a event map similar to this, this is for a double click BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP(LSReportResultDlg, CDialog) //{{AFX_EVENTSINK_MAP(LSReportResultDlg) ON_EVENT(LSReportResultDlg, IDC_GRID, -601 /* DblClick */, OnDblClickGrid, VTS_NONE) //}}AFX_EVENTSINK_MAP END_E...

MM2000 Paycheck Question
In my Budget planner for MM2000 under income section my paycheck has been setup with deductions to give my correct net pay details when looking at the details section. But my budget planner income section is doubling and showing only the gross wages amount under monthly and occasional colums which is giving me a incorrect annual amt. I tried ending the reoccuring and deleting the account but stills gives the wrong total amts. Plus I checked and rechecked accounts, setup bills and deposits sections numerous times. Does anyone have a fix for my problem besides upgrading. -- Thanks Mr...

Questions about character entities in XML and PCI security compliance
Hi all. This is a rather long posting but I have some questions concerning the usage of character entities in XML documents and PCI security compliance. The company I work for is using a third party ecommerce service for hosting its online store. A few months ago this third party commerce site began using PGP file encryption on XML files (e.g. web orders) transferred to us as part of the ongoing PCI security compliance. Basically we only need to add a PGP decryption process before we can parse the incoming XML files so there should not have been any technical issue. However, we noticed tha...

questions #3
julie, here is the code that i am using: Option Explicit Sub test1() Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim k As Long Dim l As Long Dim x As String Dim started As Date, ended As Date started = Timer For i = 1 To 9999 j = Len(Trim(i)) l = 0 For k = 1 To j l = l + Mid(i, k, 1) ^ 3 Next k If i = l Then x = x & ", " & i End If Next i Sheet1.Range("a1").Value = x ended = Timer Sheet1.Range("a2").Value = Format(ended - started, "000.00000") End Sub ***** this is based out of a mathematical puzzle. take for example, th number 153. cube ev...

Bills Summary Question
Hello, I just bought Microsoft Money 2005 Standard, which is an upgrade from Money 2000 for me. Back in the 2000 version, on the "Pay Bills" view, you could choose how far in advance due bills were shown. For example, you could specify "Within 1 month," or "Within 2 months," or "Within 6 months" etc... I used this ability to forcast my balance after paying certain bills. Here in Money 2005, I cannot find how to do this. The "Bills Summary" view shows me what I want, however, it is only going approximately 1 month in advance. Does any...