A dialog in the rule wizard?

I share Outlook 2002 with another person. We want to make it simple so I
have directed our email to different folders based on our accounts. The
problem is when we send email. It is very easy to forget to set the
right email-adress as the sender. I wonder if it is possible to do this
in the rule wizard? There is a rule "utf�r egen �tg�rd" in Swedish.
This may be "do an own measure" if I translate it to English. But the
list to choose from is empty. Maybe the only way to realize this is in
the VBA editor? Any advice?

Rules don't work #2
I've read a few posts and haven't seen any useful advice. I've created the following rule: When messages arrive, forward to user@domain.com when from anotheruser@domain.com. The rule works fine, if I run it manually. It doesn't seem to work, however, "when the message arrives." My other rules are working fine, but some of the users in my office are having this problem occasionally. We are all on XP, using Outlook 2003 or 2000. Can anyone shine some light? -- Wack ---- This message will self destruct. ...

Dialogs
Hi Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a specific folder? Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement >below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a >specific folder? > >Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show > > >Thanks. >. > You can try FileFilter = FileFilter + "Look in: name of directory,," ...

Rule Wizard help please
I have a user who created a rule wizard where all Junk mail goes directly into his deleted folder in Outlook 2000 It checks the messages when they arrive Then if it suspects it to be junk mail from the list he has created It then moves it to the Delete folder. Then he created a separate rule for the exception and put a single user into that exception rule. The problem is that person's e-mail still goes into the deleted folder. Any suggestions? I'm basing this response on experience with Outlook 2003, but I assume Outlook 2000 is very similar. The exception should not be ...

Outlook 2000 Rules quiting
My rules were working fine and they just stopped running. They are all there and look fine, they just don't run anymore. any help? ...

How to Move Two Dialogs at Once
Hello, One of my work's project specifications is to allow users to move two Dialog boxes together so when a user moves one box, the other one moves together with the first. This is what I am trying to do: 1) Create OnMove() event //Import a function to create a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg(); //Import a function to move a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg2(int x, int y); void CSvg::OnMove(int x, int y) { //Detect if a user selected two-dialogs move option if (m_attach) { ...

Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box
I'm not sure exactly when this started happening. Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected. Any ideas? Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "S...

Dialog form Linked To Report
I have created a dialog form, on this form I select the company name from the dropdown list. when a company name is selected, then the report should be generated. presently I have a button on the form when i click on it the macro is set to propt the dialog where i have to type the name of the company, if the company name is wrong the report opens with no values, if the company name is right then I get the report. whereas what i want is insted of button I should have the List Box with company names. Which I have created. But am stuck linking this form with the report Name &q...

SPAM filter does not work when rule moves message to other mailbox
It seems that the Outlook 2003 SMAP filter does not work for messages that are moved to another mailbox upon arrival. I have a number of email accounts and would like each of them to receive mail in a different mailbox. To achieve this I have set up rules, moving messages to a different mailbox, depending on which account they were received by. Unfortunately it seems that the SPAM filter does not get applied to messages that get moved. I'd like the messages to first be SMAP filtered and the remaining ones moved to the appropriate mailbox. Does anybody have a solution? Thank...

Dialog on Dialog?
Hello, Following up from a request several days ago regarding frames, I would like to ask for a little assistance on actually implimenting it! I have creating my 2 dialog templates, both have a class associated with them already. I have added an object of the kind i wish to make child of the main dialog, but I can not figure out how to go from here with rgeards to actually creating it. Could someone give me some indication pleasE? - MR MR, You will now want to investigate creating modeless dialogs. CDialog::Create is the call you use for this. Add a member variable of one of the s...

Modal dialog box question
Hi, I've created a dialog called InfoWindow. Previously I had called it like so: c_InfoWindow = new InfoWindow(); c_InfoWindow->Create(InfoWindow::IDD, this); c_InfoWindow->SetWindowPos(NULL, r, t, w, h, SWP_NOZORDER); c_InfoWindow->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); Now I want to create it as a Modal dialog, but I can't work out how to set it's size / position at runtime. InfoWindow IW(); // somehow set properties here (SetWindowPos gives runtime error) IW.DoModal(); Hi, Could you try to pass some variables to InfoWindow before calling its DoModal()? For example: MyDlg dlg; ...

Rules Wizard Problem #4
I'm using Outlook 2002 on Win XP pro. I use it with my free POP3 hotmail account. I manually move all my e- mails from my hotmail account folder in outlook, to my personal folder. I wanted to create some rules that I could run manually on my personal folder. When I'm in my personal folder I can click on the "organize" button and it will let me create a rule, but it won't let me open the rules wizard to manage the rules I created. At first when I clicked on the rules wizard I got a pop up saying that rules wizard couldn't be used with some types of e- mail...

How to show icon for a dialog.
Hi, I am adding a simple dialog to my aplication. This dialog is not having any customized code..I want to add my custom icon for that dialog. i mean whenever the dialog is shown it should display 16 X 16 icon in the titlebar.. so, how to do that ? Jigar In OnInitDialog method of your dialog box class load the icon using ::LoadIcon(..) and the call the dialog box's SetIcon(..) method. AliR. "Jigar Mehta" <jigar.programmer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141156992.695173.29930@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am adding a simple dialog to my aplic...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

Outlook '02 Network Password Dialog box
Help! I have recently added 1 additional email account to my outlook. Now everytime the email checks for messages I get a dialog box with "Enter Network Password". It comes up in the middle of the screen no matter what I am doing. I have clicked on "Save this password in your password list" box but it continues to come up everytime. Is there a way to get rid of this box? Thank you. Kris ...

Common dialog not registered
When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' why is this and how do I register? Hi, As the message says that control isn't licensed for use in Excel except 'as I understand' in the Developer edition. I believe this performs a similar function fname = Application.GetOpenfileName(.... Mike "Cash" wrote: > When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' > why is this and how do I register? ...

MFC Dialog app "Including" another MFC Dialog app problems.
WIN XP, VC6 I'm trying to use a CDialog based app from another CDialog based app and can't get around the following error: bla,bla\..\WagCom\DlgThreadmill.h(27) : error C2065: 'IDD_THREADMILL' : undeclared identifier IDD_THREADMILL is obviosly resource in the "Included" app. I don't know how to make that resource visible to the calling app. I have the Include statement in the calling object : #include "..\WagCom\DlgThreadmill.h" and I know that the path is correct.. Any help appreciated. Thanks Is the ID in the using applications resource.h...

Rules #55
Hello NG, since Oulook 2003 the rules are stored in the pst-file. When I create a new datafile (Unicode) and copy the total content (mails, folders, calendar et cetera) from the existing file in the new one, the rules also will be copied. Now my question is, on which point during copying the rules will be copied. I hope my question is somewhat plain. :-) -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Why not simply re-use the outlook.pst file rather than copying? Move the ..pst file to a location of your choice and use File->Open. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group ...

how to pass a value to a modeless dialog?
hi all.. i have created a modeless dialog i had no compiler errors. i want it to take a global value (buffer) from the parent dialog and do some processing to it. i tried putting the processing code i need immediately after i create & show the modeless dialog.but it didn`t work.i also tried to override the constructor for modeless dialog & make it take a pointer to the parent dialog as a parameter& reach the buffer i want but it didn`t work also.what`s the problem?? There are a couple of things you can do. First let me ask you. if the data is global why do you have to pass anyth...

modeless dialog boxes #2
I have a VS 6.0 MFC dialog-based application. The main dialog has an edit box for displaying messages as things happen. A button on the main dialog starts a modeless dialog. The modeless dialog has a 'DoIt' button which executes a long process, updating the main dialog edit box. I'm finding that the main dialog and modeless dialog are unresponsive as long as I'm in the 'OnDoIt' routine. I had thought that a modeless dialog box would essentially run 'independent' of the main dialog but that doesn't seem to be the case. What have I misunderstood? ...

How to hide the dialog in a dialog based application..
Hi, I have a dialog based application which has MFC support.. (developed from class wizard...) Now, according to the my database situation, i want to show / hide the dialog.. so, what should i do ? What i do currently is, inside, oninit i start a thread and pass a dialog pointer.. now, after 500 ms of initialization, i will call ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) to hide the dialog.. and to work in invisible mode.. but this is not a good way.. so, any other way to hide the dialog before it gets shown.. ?? My exe should run in processes but it should not show the dialog only.. Hope you understand my...

Outlook 2003 unable to create rules
whenever I create rules on Outlook 2003 I receive this message, "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and has been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is unsufficient space to store all your rules" Can anyone advice? thanks. You're limited to 32k of server-side rules. Delete some/simplify your rules, and it should work. barddd wrote: > whenever I create rules on Outlook 2003 I receive this > message, > > "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange > Server and has been dea...

Dialog::OnOK....
I want my dialog box to show a messagebox when I click "ok". With certain conditions I want my dialog box to return to it's original state and not close which nomally happens after clicking "ok" Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to create a command button? Thanks, RABMissouri Override the virtual function OnOK. If you don't call CDialog::OnOK then the dialog box does not close. void CMyDlg::OnOK() { if (MessageBox("Are you sure?","Exit",ID_YESNO) == IDYES) { CDialog::OnOK(); } } You can do the same thi...

Howto: Place icon in a Wizard dialog?
Being new to MFC, I was happy to read how the SetWizardMode() call of a CPropertySheet could reprecent a Wizard dialog automatically. I have one major problem with this build-in shortcut for creating wizards and that has to do with the icon - or lack there of - in the application. Apparently CPropertySheet is a specialization of CDialog WITHOUT the possebility of setting style for including an icon in the caption area. I tried: <CPropertySheet>.SetIcon(LoadIcon(IDR_MAINFRAME),FALSE); And many other things but neither yields an icon. I am quessing it is simply impossible to have...

How to display a dialog as part of a dialog
Hello, i have two dialog-resources in my project IDD_DIALOG1 and IDD_DIALOG2 and i want to be the second a "real" part of my first one. I don't want to show it modal or modeless, the user should not recognize that this are two dialogs. How can i do this or where can i get a simple example? Thx. This must be the third time we have had this question in the past week. The short answer to your question is : Declare the second dialog in your dialog editor as a Child not a popup. And then in the OnInitDialog of the first dialog create the second dialog like you would a modless (...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...