A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?

Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007?
If so, how to add.....
Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom
used and the other for daily use.
I do not use enterprise, just ppo.
tia

shellyf wrote:

> Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007?
> If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain
> e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use.

Point to the Contacts folder.  Right-click.  Add new subfolder and name
whatever you like.  Now you have another contact-type folder.  If you
want it listed in the Outlook Address Book (OAB), actually a container
pointing at contact-type folders that are enabled for inclusion,
right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
the option to include that folder in the OAB.

The OAB will show whatever contact-type folders have been opted for
inclusion.  You have to select which folder in the "Show names in the"
field when you look at the OAB.  Under OAB's Tools->Options menu, you
can select which contact folder is listed first in the list (which one
is selected by default).

(The above works in OL2003.  Navigation may be different in OL2007.)
0
V4521 (722)
9/7/2011 2:22:25 AM
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:22:25 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
>the option to include that folder in the OAB.

Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in Offfice
shellyf wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
>> the option to include that folder in the OAB.
>
> Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in
> Offfice 2007

Were you able to create another contact-type folder?

If so, when you right-click on the new contact-type folder, is there an
OAB tab?  If you did not create a *contact* type of folder then there
won't be an OAB tab (where you can elect to include the contact-type
folder in the OAB container).  The OAB tab is used to specify if that
contact-type folder will get listed in the OAB container which lists the
enabled contact-type folders.  E-mail, journal, and notes folders are
not lists of contacts so they aren't eligible for inclusion in the OAB
container.

The TYPE of the folder matters.  Make sure you selected Contacts for
the type of folder when you created a new folder.  When adding a new
folder, make sure the "Folder contains" is set to "Contact Items" to
create a contact-type folder.  See the "Create New Folder" dialog for
OL2007 shown at:

http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/outlook07/folders

Notice the value of the "Folder contains" selection.  No, you don't
want to create an e-mail type of folder (as shown).  You want to create
a contact type folder because that's the type of folder that can be
included in the OAB container which lists the contact-type folders.
0
V4521 (722)
9/8/2011 3:24:30 AM
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:24:30 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>shellyf wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH wrote:
>>
>>> right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
>>> the option to include that folder in the OAB.
>>
>> Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in
>> Offfice 2007
>
>Were you able to create another contact-type folder?
>
>If so, when you right-click on the new contact-type folder, is there an
>OAB tab?  If you did not create a *contact* type of folder then there
>won't be an OAB tab (where you can elect to include the contact-type
>folder in the OAB container).  The OAB tab is used to specify if that
>contact-type folder will get listed in the OAB container which lists the
>enabled contact-type folders.  E-mail, journal, and notes folders are
>not lists of contacts so they aren't eligible for inclusion in the OAB
>container.
>
>The TYPE of the folder matters.  Make sure you selected Contacts for
>the type of folder when you created a new folder.  When adding a new
>folder, make sure the "Folder contains" is set to "Contact Items" to
>create a contact-type folder.  See the "Create New Folder" dialog for
>OL2007 shown at:
>
>http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/outlook07/folders
>
>Notice the value of the "Folder contains" selection.  No, you don't
>want to create an e-mail type of folder (as shown).  You want to create
>a contact type folder because that's the type of folder that can be
>included in the OAB container which lists the contact-type folders.
Ok, it took 3 tries, but I got a new contact folder named archived
Contacts. Thanks.
Next question, I have about 100 e-mail addresses, etc which I would
like to move from my 'normal' address book to the new archived
contacts address book.
What method would y'all use to move them; I obviously don't want the
to re-generate all of them.
I was thinking of a way to duplicate the entire address book, and then
delieting the ones that I don't want in the new archived contacts
address book.
tia
shellyf_DELETE_@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:24:30 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>>shellyf wrote:

>>> Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in
>>> Offfice 2007
>>
>>Were you able to create another contact-type folder?
>>
>>If so, when you right-click on the new contact-type folder, is there an
>>OAB tab?  If you did not create a *contact* type of folder then there
>>won't be an OAB tab (where you can elect to include the contact-type
>>folder in the OAB container).  The OAB tab is used to specify if that
>>contact-type folder will get listed in the OAB container which lists the
>>enabled contact-type folders.  E-mail, journal, and notes folders are
>>not lists of contacts so they aren't eligible for inclusion in the OAB
>>container.
>>
>>The TYPE of the folder matters.  Make sure you selected Contacts for
>>the type of folder when you created a new folder.  When adding a new
>>folder, make sure the "Folder contains" is set to "Contact Items" to
>>create a contact-type folder.  See the "Create New Folder" dialog for
>>OL2007 shown at:
>>
>>http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/outlook07/folders
>>
>>Notice the value of the "Folder contains" selection.  No, you don't
>>want to create an e-mail type of folder (as shown).  You want to create
>>a contact type folder because that's the type of folder that can be
>>included in the OAB container which lists the contact-type folders.
> Ok, it took 3 tries, but I got a new contact folder named archived
> Contacts. Thanks.
> Next question, I have about 100 e-mail addresses, etc which I would
> like to move from my 'normal' address book to the new archived
> contacts address book.
> What method would y'all use to move them; I obviously don't want the
> to re-generate all of them.
> I was thinking of a way to duplicate the entire address book, and then
> delieting the ones that I don't want in the new archived contacts
> address book.
> tia

Highlight and drag doesn't work?
0
V4521 (722)

added 2nd domain in default policy, now how add 2nd user in outloo
I've added the 2nd domain in default policy, now how do I get outlook to use the 2nd domain? I want the user to be able to choose which company she is responding from. I've tried setting up a 2nd profile but it says email address already exists.. On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:26:01 -0800, E2 <E2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've added the 2nd domain in default policy, now how do I get outlook to use >the 2nd domain? >I want the user to be able to choose which company she is responding from. >I've tried setting up a 2nd profile but it says email address al...

installation of 2nd DHCP server
Hi, We have a windows 2003 DHCP server. I am trying to activate another DHCP server (on windows 2003). So that we have to server handling out IP's - what issues should I be aware of, apart from configuring different scopes? Can I preform this during normal working hours Thanks Hello Vishal, I assume you have used the name "biren" in a posting from 18:38 from today so please check the previous posting about. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT...

Excel 2007: Filtering Problem
I thought I knew how to do filtering but perhaps not. I selected the column I want to filter on and hit Filter under the Data tab. Then I went to the dropdown arrow in the column header row of the column and deselected everything and then reselected the word I want to filter on. Nothing changed. I still saw data from ALL the rows - I had no filter results. What did I do wrong? (I am still getting used to the awful 2007 versions of Office, though.) ...

Task pane in Publisher 2007
Running Vista Home Premium. Is it possible to disable the task pane on the left side of the Publisher screen so it's not there when I start up the program? I had the ability to turn it off in the 2003 version. No, however the task pane is a tear-off. You can minimize it to small and drag it to a less obtrusive place. Publisher remembers this the next time you open it. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "CMC" <CMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB14DE05-B4FF-4223-A0F9-84C0286DB83E@microsoft.com... > Running Vista Home Premium. Is it possibl...

2nd Vertical Axis and line graph
I followed the instructions for setting up a 2nd Vertical axis from MS , but I have no FORMAT DAT command. I wish to plot MPG (Columns) and Pence/mile (Line Graph) against an X axis of months. I have done it with Works Spreadsheet without any problems. I am using Excel 2007 from Office Home & Student 2007. What Microsoft instruction asks you to use the 'FORMAT DAT' command? Can you share a reference? In *Excel* there is definitely no such command. Maybe, you meant 'Format Data Series'? To do what you want, I would plot both series in a column chart. Then, sele...

Office 2008 full version license question
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel does the full version of 2008 have only 1 license, or can I get them for multiple machines? I have 5 Macs I need to buy this for...4 of them are running Tiger 10.4.9, 1 is running Leopard...all have intel procs in them. so how do I go about licensing multiple machines...I know the student version comes with 3 install keys, but this is a company... On 9/5/08 8:23 AM, in article 59b58bc4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "JoeProcopio@officeformac.com" <JoeProcopio@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 &g...

Style bloat in Outlook 2007 messages
Printing out the source of an e-mail message I sent in Outlook 2007, I see about five pages of style definitions. In Outlook 2003 the style definitions comprised about half a page. I doubt if I'll ever use such styles as "subtle emphasis" and "intense quote," but every message I send has those styles built into it. Is there a way to strip out all the styles that aren't in use? -- Michael Send your messages in Plain Text format? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Michael Ray Brown" <velcrof...

outlook 2007 layout?
In the ofice 2007 package word and excel have a nice changed layout with easy acess to buttons etc... Why outlook 2007 does not have this layout too (except that it has for composing email messages)? It could be nice if outlook 2007 had also the same look for toolbars. Are there any plans to improve the layout of outlook? "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uDxwFCDWIHA.4904@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In the ofice 2007 package word and excel have a nice changed layout with > easy acess to buttons etc... > Why outlook 2007 does not have this layout...

2nd Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3B50F.498BA010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does MS Outlook use Outlook Express as its default newsreader? In my = case it does? ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3B50F.498BA010 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=...

Canadian Mutual Funds daily update in Money 2000 Deluxe Version 8.
much like the post of APKESH from last week I have had problems with downloading Canadian Mutal Funds - I saw the note that indicated that the fund numbers may have changed so I went to MacKenzie Financial's web site to check fund numbers. I changed the Mac Ivy Growth and Income from CA:MFC612 to CA:MFC00612 and still ended up with the same message "Money was unable to retrieve a quote " -- the TSX and NYSE listings appear to be picked up -- it is just the Canadian mutual fund listing that seem to be missing -- any thoughts ? thanks I am having exactly the same problem,...

How Can I turn off Date Autocomplete in Outlook 2007
I don't like the way that when I type in a date like 25th July 2007 in Word and Outlook 2007 it insists on offering me 2007-07-25 autocomplete if I press the enter key. I usually create a juornal entry and then hit enter to move down to a new line so this is a right pain. Herb Tyson came up with the following Macro for Word 2007 on his Word 2007 Bible Blog *To simply turn it off* Sub TurnOffAutoComplete() Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = False End Sub *To toggle it on or off* Sub TurnOffAutoComplete() Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = Not (Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTi...

Reply from address
I have several email accounts set up on my machine. By default, my Outlook 2003 automatically selects the receiving account when I click the reply button, and I wondered whether I could set Outlook automatically to select a default account (in other words, NOT the one on which the email was received)? TIA If possible, change the outgoing details on all your accounts to match the details you want. "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:eCC0m4WNHHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have several email accounts set up on my machine. By default, my ...

Money 2006: Will it work on the 64-bit version of Windows?
Will MS Money 2006 Premium Edition work on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit version? Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >Will MS Money 2006 Premium Edition work on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit >version? Yes. Right-click the Money install program and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let install happen. Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let any available updates happen. Make sure your Money file is not in ProgramFiles folder. It should be in a folder that is fully writable by the user, such as your Documents/MyDocuments folder. ...

New/2nd Exchange Server
We have one exchange server currently running in our organization, which is on old hardware. We have bought a brand new server and would like to install exchange on it. Is there an simple way to get exchange up and running on the second server and transfer or migrate all of the user data to it from the old one, then decomission the old exchange server. Thanks. Yes, this is standard practice for moving Exchange to new hardware. Check out the Exchange 2000 Server move method in the FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=section&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchang...

Excel Version #2
Dear all, I am using office 2000 sp3 version. I have one excel file from my friends and this excel file show strange characters which should be traditional chinese. If open in office 2003, it will prompt me that there is corruption and need to repair and when save the file, it is default to be office 95 or earlier version. Then When I save the file in office 2000 versions, then I can see the chinese. I have the question that whether office 2000 can open earlier version excel file or it does not prompt me to repair or save as another versions. Is it related to some settings in the office ...

Outlook 2003 Fax Contacts
Good Afternoon, When I enter a fax number for a contact the contact appears twice in my select names window. Can I turn this feature off. I do not fax from Outlook 2003 and the extra selection is confusing. Thanks John http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John asked: | Good Afternoon, | When I enter a fax number for a contact the contact...

how to backup a copy of office 2007 ?
I downloaded office 2007 professional only with a digital lock number. But now I want to make a backup copy using windows XP. How to do it? Tks. Brian Find the install directory or the install file. There should be a program named Setup.exe at the root of the directory. Burn the whole thing to DVD (It may fit on a CD?). Put a file on the DVD with the Product Key, so you don't use it. It is important to use exact terminology in these groups. I don't believe that "digital lock number" is a term that Microsoft uses for Product Key, or one that everyone woul...

Access 2007 with Vista
Because of a power surge I lost one of my database records. Is there anyway I can restore the missing auto number? I would like to do so in order that several other database numbers remain synchronised. Thanks, Roy. This is a bad idea. There are a number of reasons why auto numbers may not be contiguous and for that reason it's not advisable to use them for this purpose. You can try to generate your own sequential series of numbers but even that probably wouldn't be completely fool proof. Post details of the synchronisation you need as there's probably an...

Excel 2003, Comprehensive Book... Downloads
Hello. Im looking for all the dowloads of the Excel 2003 Comprehensive Book Dont need the practice downloads, I need the ones that are done an finished. Can anyone help me out? Thanks -- Axxis2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Axxis22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26512 If you go to the publisher's web site, you may be able to find and download the files. Axxis22 wrote: > Hello. > Im looking for all the dowloads of the ...

Office Professional 2007
Hi, I installed the trial version of Office Professional 2007. I've decided I'm not ready to upgrade to it. Now, I cannot un-install it. I am unable to open an Excel file without the trial software wanting to 'reinstall' itself. I have tried also un-installing the current 2003 version of Office and I cannot do that either. I've also attempted to re-install Office 2003, but that has not resolved the problem. Office Professional 2007 wants to re-install itself every time I open Outlook too, and then at random points during the day. Help! :) Please! Thank you!...

In Excel 2007, how does one view horizontal and vertical rulers?
When I try to click on rulers (it is checked but grayed out), I cannot get my vertical ruler or horizontal scroll bar to appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! 1) View | Worksheet View | Page Layout 'so you see the worksheet with headers etc 2) View| Show/Hide | check Ruler ' now both rules are present You may need to scroll down a little to see numbers on the vertical ruler best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Deeny H" <DeenyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0C66F54-A292-4E59-B44A-D5578D52DF6...

2nd Outbox?
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) The last folder, below Storage Folders, is "Outbox". This is in addition to the Outbox that appears above the Storage Folders. As near as I can tell, all my outgoing mail goes into the upper Outbox when I press send. I have never had an indication of anything being in the second Outbox. What is the purpose of this second Outbox? Can it be eliminated? Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for...

Wildcards in email address
I would like to flag all emails from a company with a certain color flag. I thought I could do this by creating a rule with a wildcard (such as *@microsoft.com) but it doesn't seem to work. Is there another way of doing this?? Create the rule with a setting that says "senders' address includes" and just the domain name. Leave the wildcard and @ off. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests fo...

outlook 2003: tools - mailbox cleanup
hi all, the above option is greyed out by me ('delete alternate versions of items in your mailbox', with a button for deleting them and viewing the conflicts size) - does anyone have any idea how to enable this? many thanks! spam@redo.net <spam@redo.net> wrote: > the above option is greyed out by me ('delete alternate versions of > items in your mailbox', with a button for deleting them and viewing > the conflicts size) - does anyone have any idea how to enable this? Are you using Exchange? -- Brian Tillman thx for your reply - no, am not... Brian Tillma...

hyperlinks breaking in powerpoint 2007
i got a new computer with office 2007. when i open the 2003 version of my large powepoint file (around 125 slides, saved up to almost 16,000 KB but ususally around 9000KB) and do ANYTHING, save as a 2003 powepoint, close and reopen, the hyperlinks do not work. the hyperlinks are for mostly all between the different slides. when i have been updating on a computer with office 2003, i think i may have hit the limit with the amount of hyperlinks and will try to create smaller titles, but the problem is not the same. on my computer pretty much all the links are broken and seem to be p...