551 relay not authorised

Does anyone know why sending sometimes fais and I get an
Undeliverable message saying "551 relay from your IP is
not authorised".
Thank you,
Peter
0
anonymous (74722)

The following article describes the concept of "relaying", why your ISP is
blocking your messages, and what you can do about it:

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:25bd01c47042$faae0ec0$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Peter Cartwright wrote:

> Does anyone know why sending sometimes fais and I get an
> Undeliverable message saying "551 relay from your IP is
> not authorised".
> Thank you,
> Peter

How to bypass Smart host relay in EX2K3 when delivering SMS to a mobile device.
Hello. How can I configure Exchange Server 2003 SP2 to deliver SMS directly to the mobile carrier instead of relaying to the configured smart relay host? Thanks in advance. I want to enable AUTD for Mobile Devices in EX2K3. Legal disclaimer? Well, that's provided by a specific package rather than Exchange (unless you've done an event sink in years past) So, you need to have a go at working out what that package is and how it's configured. On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:44:50 -0500, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello. > >How can I configure Excha...

Unwanted Mail Relaying/ IP Spoofing
Hello, I'm running Exchange 5.5sp4 on an NT4sp6a box. Routinely I have several queued messages that have "<>" as the originator that I delete every day. On the routing tab I do have "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" selected and all three valid domain names entered as "inbound". Also under routing restrictions I entered in the range of valid IP's that is allowed to relay. Also, from notifications sent to me from my ISP stating email virus-like activity originating from my firewall and after taking measures such as anti-virus scans and implem...

SMTP relay
Hi. There is a small network (10 computers). Everyone uses Outlook Express and want to keep it that way. I need to find out some way to get input and output archive of all incoming/outgoing messages. I configured a Outlook Express input filter to forward every incoming message to the in-archive@nomatterwhere mailbox. I cant get a simple way to to the same to outgoing mail. I suppose I could install in one of the computers a SMTP relay. Then I could configure all Outlook Express clients to deliver mail to that machine (fixed internal IP or whatever). Then I could configure SMTP relay to ...

Open Relay #8
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help? i have disabled relaying in exchaneg and run a test on abuse.net with the results below (i have replaced our mail servers ip address with 000.000.000.000, our server name with SERVER-NAME-REMOVED and our domain name with OURDOMAIN.net) does anyone have any ideas on why the server is still relaying? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont want any spammers using our server to relay. Many thanks Dan. Mail relay testing Connecting to 000.000.000.000 for anonymous test ... <<< 220 SERVER-NAME-REMOVED Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Versi...

Relay??
I am using exchange 2003. About 1 or 2 e-mails a day come back to my server as being rejected from the other e-mail servers specifying they do not relay for us. About 2-300 e-mails come out of our sever daily. Is this a problem on their end or mine? Our server is using the serverobjects SMTPQMail to send out e-mails. Here is one of the messages: Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com on 6/29/2004 8:06 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <petpages.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com>... we do not r...

551 not our customer
What does "551 not our customer" mean? I have a user that has begun receiving this in response to messages sent to a contact to whom he has been successfully sending messages for years. I am guessing that this means that the mail server at the other end has just been set up to accept messages only from pre-authorized domains. Am I close? sounds like you're exactly correct...do you have a reverse dns record configured? how about an SPF record? some companies are beginning to filter on domains that do not... "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Sending Mail Relay Problems
Hello - I need to travel a lot and have problem with sending email when I change ISP's. I always get the "550" error - not a gateway. Can anyone rercommend a good local SMTP server that I can install on my laptop to solve this problem? Thanks YOu just need to change your settings on the properties of your mail account to match the ISP you are using while travelling. Usually, just setting up authentication to the outgoing server is sufficient. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...

Unable to relay #3
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0. Exchange has the SMTP server enabled. But I cannot send any email out from my server. Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address. All reject me with the same unable to relay error. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com'. Subject 'Test1, 4:53PM', Account: 'mypersonaladdress@mydomain.com', Server: 'server1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unabl...

SMTP Relay Best Practice Question
I have several MFP devices on our network that I would like to configure Exchange to relay mail for. I want to make sure that my understanding is correct before I start configuring these devices. I have Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 SP2 install in a FE/BE configuration. At this time, I have not defined a routing group or a bridgehead server, however that will likely be next in the configuration process. On the BE server, I should configure relay to allow "Only the list below" with specific IPs for the specific devices that require it. I should also leave the check box that allow...

Help! --- Outlook 551 error
Hi, Everybody, I am using MS Outlook 2003, the problem is: when I send an email to myself, I got the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test22-1 Sent: 2006-6-22 10:45 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'qwang@advisors.com' on 2006-6-22 10:45 551 User not local; please try <forward-path> Help! Chuck Chuck Wang <qwang@alcadvisors.com.cn> wrote: > Hi, Everybody, I am using MS Outlook 2003, the problem is: when I > send an email to myself, I got the fol...

Originating domain for Relay
We have a DEC server which forwards messages to our Exchange 2003 server which in return relays these messages out to the real world. Anytime we send messages from the DEC server to an external address the message gets rejected because the header states DEC.DOMAIN.LOCAL. Is there a way for us to configure the relay so that the header will show the originating address as our Exchange Server? Thanks for your help and time. Look into Masquarade domain option in SMTP Virtual Server, Advanced. "Rito" <Rito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC60A855-3FB4-4C7...

Exchange 2000 smtp relay still open after applying no relay poperties
I was getting a lot of badmail entries and found that our exchange server had the SMTP relay open. I Used the exchange system manager to go to: Servers; Server1; protocols; SMTP. Then I right click on the default SMTP server and selected properties. I verified that the only allowed addresses that can relay to the default SMTP server are from our private network of 192.167.1.0 subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and the single ip of 127.0.0.1 ( even tried removing both of these and still getting a lot of badmail.) Our 15 users don't send over 100 emails a day so the volume badmail should not be gr...

551 User not local; please try <forward-path>
Hi, I got the following undeliverbale message: -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:12 PM To: 'Dave' Subject: Undeliverable:RE: sys info Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: sys info Sent: 5/8/2005 1:04 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Dave' on 5/8/2005 1:12 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail.servgate.com #5.5.0 smtp;551 Us...

email relaying
If in the smtp properties if have "allow all computer which successfully authenticate to relay" checked but how to people that have nothing to do with us like in another country successfully authenticate? What is the process that they go through to relay is it through the command prompt? "sthompson" wrote: > If in the smtp properties if have "allow all computer which successfully > authenticate to relay" checked but how to people that have nothing to do with > us like in another country successfully authenticate? What is the process > that th...

Relay addresses, storage and export
I am working on an 2 Exchange 2000 SMTP server, that will eventually be moved to 2 exchange 2003 servers, so I am in the process of cleaning up junk and there is a large # of addresses in the allowed relay on both servers. Is there a way to export these lists into a csv or excel file, and where does exchange store these addresses, are they stored in an *.ini or in the registry, or in some scheme field in AD. I looked at ipsec.vbs, but it doesn't appear that it will export to a file directly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You can pipe script/command output (from any scr...

551 relay not authorised
Does anyone know why sending sometimes fais and I get an Undeliverable message saying "551 relay from your IP is not authorised". Thank you, Peter The following article describes the concept of "relaying", why your ISP is blocking your messages, and what you can do about it: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:25bd01c47042$faae0ec0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Pete...

551 user not local
My user report they can't send mail outside of company. I checked the outlook, found that not all the mail can't send out. some of them are returned. the return message said that 551 user not local , mail can't deliver. I don't why. I test the same mail to hotmail.com, that's ok. can you help me solve or explain why it is. You'll have to explain in more detail the nature of the problem. Has this just started happening? Have you checked event logs or SMTP logs for more information. Is this problem consistent with certain domains? Is the problem limited to certai...

What does "551 not our customer" mean?
E-mail messages do not go through, and they come back with the reason"551 not our customer." What does it mean? I have been using these e-mail addresses for a long time with no problems. The e-mail address is also missing from the drop down list on the address space in the Reply or New Message box. Help! Betty wrote: > E-mail messages do not go through, and they come back with the reason"551 not > our customer." What does it mean? I have been using these e-mail addresses > for a long time with no problems. It means you will have to wa...

How to delete 551 error messages
I am getting this error on OL 2007 as I have not authenticated the mail server. Since they are of a private nature, I do not want to authenticate it until these messages are deleted. How can I find or remove them? "buckeyeboy" <buckeyeboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:891C33C1-62D7-4AD2-A82E-8FEF215C6105@microsoft.com... > I am getting this error on OL 2007 as I have not authenticated the mail > server. Since they are of a private nature, I do not want to authenticate > it > until these messages are deleted. How can I find or remo...

Relay server
Hi gurus. I am new at this so go easy on me, I need to know if my exchange 2000 is been used as an open relay server how do I do that, how can I find out before is to late. My presubmissionqueue gets really big and if I am been used as a relay server I would like to stop that right away. Thanks for all the help. "=?Utf-8?B?bmFndWFyYW1pcGFuYQ==?=" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:7B0F894E-ED1A-428B-832B-19E334FBF23A@microsoft.com: > I am new at this so go easy on me, I need to know if my exchange 2000 > is > been used as an open rela...

Proving mail relay error is not the server
I have a bad situation in which the company that manages our DNS records had a server crash over the weekend. Our MX record got messed up. Based on my troubleshooting this company does not understand what they are doing. It's been 3 days, and I still am getting two different responses when doing a nslookup against our domain for the mx. What if anything can I do to prove my point? The company does not understand and they don't know who to blame. ...

open relay #11
I have Exchange 2000 in my local network. I pick up all of incoming emails from my ISP by POP3 connector. I'm sending emails using DNS from my local network. Some of my users need to have access from home and don't want to use OWA (generaly all of them are company management so i can't forbid them:(). I add an aditional network card to my EX2K and asign an public IP adres to that card. After that i have configured IMAP protocol to use SSL. Everything is working just fine. At my home i installed Relay Test PRO and make some tests. Results was like 20 messages from 47 tests was accep...

received a 551 error message when sending an email
-- Barbara R. Griffin Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com "Barbara R. Griffin" <BarbaraRGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6649DF7-CC94-4F8D-9339-2AB2BFDC243D@microsoft.com... > > -- > Barbara R. Griffin > Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. If you'd bothered to do ANY searching in this group you would have found a huge thread earlier today of which one post contained the following: " From AT&T: I apologize but we are undergoing a system maintenance. Would you pl...

Error 550 Relaying denied

Relaying mail through outgoing.verizon.net
Windows 2003 Small Business Server Standard with Verizon Business DSL connection to the net through a Linksys Router with one NIC. Business had an existing domain and MX records are set to the Servers Public IP. Incoming mail works fine but unable to send mail. Verizon says that outgoing must go through outgoing.verizon.net or outgoing.west.verizon.net. I ran telnet test to both and they report that this Server is not authorized to relay through these Servers. I can't find any info detailing the correct configuration for this. Thanks! "Mike McCabe" <act@intercom...