550 relaying mail to <domain name> is not allowed

I keep getting this message generated by the system
administrator when I try sending emails to some email
adddresses.

Anyone know why and where I can find a fix?
John
0
jrwalton (1)

You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server.  You can set this
up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Joh" <jrwalton@talk21.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting this message generated by the system
> administrator when I try sending emails to some email
> adddresses.
>
> Anyone know why and where I can find a fix?
> John

0
stephenson (1245)

Save as PDF not working on a domained Windows 7/Vista box
I have an VB script that has worked fine for any XP box. The script does a save as PDF (using the save as pdf add in) for excel, then save the pdf in a file within SharePoint on an external site. As we plan on moving to Windows 7 we have tested this and have issues with the file acturally saving. it creates a file put the file is empty. this also happens on Vista. but has no issues when it comes to XP. Applications: Office 2007 SP 2 MOSS SP1 Save as PDF add-in Script: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iReply As Integer iReply = MsgBox(Prompt:="By usin...

remove mail in outbox, outlook 2000
I have a large email(42mb) in my sentbox, how can i remove this. Deleting is nog possible because maoi spooler is already busy with sending it. Create a new .pst file - make it the default. Then open the sent items folder for the old .pst file and delete the mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Pelme asked: | I have a large email(42mb) in my sentbox, how can i remove this. |...

Windows Mail
Hello Do you have any useful links to resources to save attachments with a script or rule in windows mail. What I have seen, there is only an option to move the message to a special folder in the windows mail rules ´ Thank you for your help Peter None that I'm aware of. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Peter Bauer" <PeterBauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A78829FA-47CF-45F3-AA89-16B338BDF3A9@microsoft.com... >=20 > Hello >=20 > D...

Allow mail from application to relay through smtp server
We have a new application that uses smtp to send emails. The program admin has requested that we allow the application to send emails out of the company through our SMTP servers, however, currently we only allow relay within our domain. What options do I have without opening up relay? On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:01:01 -0600, JayB <jen.benson@arraybiopharma.com> wrote: > We have a new application that uses smtp to send emails. The program > admin has requested that we allow the application to send emails out of > the company through our SMTP servers, however, currently we only...

Duplicate e-mails received from Exchange Server
We have one account that is receiving duplicate and triplicate e-mails from an Exchange Server. The e-mail headers are exact except that one is HTML, and the other is MIME. This suddenly began on an existing account. The account has 2 delegates, and is accesed from an office desktop, laptop, and home PC. Is there a setting (Folder Syncing?)that could have changed, that would have caused this? Could there be corruption that would cause this? Virus, Spyware, etc. Thanks, Don ...

Restrict SMTP Relay
Hi! I implemented Exchange 2003. This server is also my SMTP server. How can I restrict SMTP access that ONLY and ONLY authenticated domain users can send mail through my Exchange server? Best Regards Mustafa On the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server you find the option. The Allow all computers wich successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above. This is enabled by default. I think that's you where looking for. Regards Rudy Steyaert "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11B8DC38-8076-401B-A038-6B648BF9B137@microsoft....

550 Not local host, not a gateway
Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so frustrated. Talk to your ISP to verify your SMTP server settings. okcrowl wrote: > Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 > version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 > not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so > frustrated. ...

e-mail security, how to prevent readers from editing e-mails
I would like to prevent receipients of my e-mails from editing the text of my message. What do I need to do? -- Many thanks, and have a good day Ursula A. Use Windows Rights Management or one of the security services listed at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/security.htm#services --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ursula A." <...

Masking/Changing return E-mail address
I have Exchange 2003 as my mail server for my domain. I alos have a Unix based HIS System that has its own e-mail service (internally). I have set up the Unix box to allow users to send e-mail to everyone includeing the outside world. I had to tell the unix box its mail domain was mail.domain.org . When a user send mail outside of either domain, the mail is rcvd but the recipient cannot reply due to the false domain. I have been told that there is a way to setup a "table" on Exchange that will change the unix users e-mail to reflect a valid address so the recipient can...

Relay Problem
Hello, Since Friday I've noticed that we are being relayed through. in the properties of the virtual server I have relay granted to only the server's IP address & un-checked "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above." Thanks Peretz Stern What is it you see that makes you think you're being used as a relay? Peretz Stern wrote: > Hello, > > > > Since Friday I've noticed that we are being relayed through. in > the properties of the virtual server I have relay granted to only the ...

CRM E-mail problem
Hi all, I have installed the CRM E-mail Router on our Exchange 2000 server for our CRM server ver 1.0. But when i tried to send a Mail from CRM web client it displays me error report telling that "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " When I check the Event Log of CRM Server, it shows the error as "HTTP status: 403" with Event ID 2 see below Event Log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 1/24/2004 Time: 4:55:13 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-SRV Description: MSCRM Platform ...

help understand relaying and authentication
Ok... I am mucho confused. We have exchange 2003 frontend backend servers. I keep reading that you should not allow anonymous access to your email server, or people will relay... but, If I do that, and this is our incoming mail server, then other mail servers fail to send email to me... On my relay restrictions page, I have only the list below selected, and no one in the list. Allow all compuers which successfully auth to realy reagardles of list above is checked. The result of this, as far as I can tell, is that anyone can send email to my domain. They also can not send to anyon...

Error 550
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'address@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Tech', Account: 'srv1.statiknet.dynalias.net', Server: 'srv1.statiknet.dynalias.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for address@hotmail.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 I get this message after 2 weeks of successful mail transmission from my domain to the external domain. I've not changed any settings except enabled Inte...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

accidenly delete a mail enabled user
Dear all, I would like to delete a mail enabled user. However, I haven't deleted its mailbox in "Exchange Tasks" before I delete the user id. Now, the user id is deleted but the the mailbox is still retained and I can't do anything on it, even I have ran the cleanup agent. Will it still be disappeared after a the retension period? Thank you very much Keith Check the store's properties | limits tab | deletion settings. It will show you how long deleted mailboxes will be kept, and whether the mailbox will be purged if the store hasn't been backed up. -- B...

Mail Sending Question
Hi. Both of my computers exhibit this feature, and I don't understand why. When I send one simple email message, the status bar shows "Sending 2 of 2." I'm really sending only 1. Any thoughts on why this behavior? The second computer is new, with a new installation of the software. Thanks for any feedback or insight. -- TIA Dana it's a bug in outlook 2007. if you have multiple accounts it adds a number to the number of messages being sent. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlo...

Defind Dynamic named Range up to first error
I want to define a named Range up to the first cell in a column that has a #value error. How could i find that cell? Any ideas Thx- Do you want to include that cell in the range? Are there any other types of errors in the range like #N/A, #NUM!, #DIV/0! ? Try something like this: =Sheet1!$A$1:INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,MATCH(TRUE,ISERROR(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20),0)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "chg" <geier.chris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4f5e5e46-5e41-467b-93ef-4d85691a7031@n31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com... >I want to define a named Range up to the firs...

my email No.550
i cant send emails. they return as "turn authentication on" how do i do it? "petersky" <petersky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDA482D9-48A5-4F22-BBB4-E9B90889A4E2@microsoft.com... >i cant send emails. they return as "turn authentication on" how do i do >it? Tools-Account Settings-change-more settings-outgoing server and check the authentication box ...

Schedule mail delievery
Hi, Is is possible to schedule a composed mail to be delivered at a particular time other than now (the instance u click send)? In your open email, click on Options and you can check the box "do not deliver before" and set the date/time there. -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Onawole, Clement Oladapo" wrote: > Hi, > Is is possible to schedule a composed mail to be delivered at a > particular time other than now (the instance...

Any ideas to simply secure the mail inside my local domain ?
Hello, I have an Exchange 2003 server and a local domain with 200 users. I have a lot kind of mail client (outlook express, outlook, mac client) and i use SMTP/POP3 for the mail traffic. I have put a anti-spoofing software to clean the message that comes from outside my domain but i would like to secure the mail traffic inside my domain. For example, I don't want that an user send mail with the director's email address and i would like so that my user have more trust in the internal mail. I have these simple ideas : - authentify the smtp traffic with ISA 2004... - authentify the smtp c...

Automatic Name Checking Quit Working
When it rains it pours...another Outlook issue! Running XP at home and have been using Automatic Name Checking (not Suggest Name) forever. Now all of a sudden even with the option checked, it no longer gives me email addresses at all. It just stays the way I typed and opens the address book to choose a name when I send. I haven't changed anything in Outlook in months. Any suggestions?? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Sounds like something reset your NK2 cache. You're sure you changed nothing? What happens when you resolve a name ma...

Sheet name
I want to change this from the Master sheet to the active sheet MyConstant = Application.CountA(Sheets("Master").Range("A2:I31")) On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:08:01 -0800, oldjay <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I want to change this from the Master sheet to the active sheet > >MyConstant = Application.CountA(Sheets("Master").Range("A2:I31")) Try this: MyConstant = Application.CountA(ActiveSheet.Range("A2:I31")) Hope this helps/ Lars-�ke Try this... MyConstant = Application.CountA(ActiveShee...

550 Sender verify failed
I get that message right away when I'm trying to send a message using Outlook 2000 (with Exchange 5.5 SP3). I've checked with eventid.net and microsoft and haven't found anything for that particular error message. This only hapens with one or 2 email adresses. Could it be a DNS problem or something? Perhaps this needs to be posted to an Outlook newsgroup. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mathieu" <sdfdas@sdfs.com> wrote in message news:eKy46ZtsDHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I get that message right away when I'm tr...

Characters while composing a mail.
Whenever i open a new mail (composing) or replying, i'm getting a special character ¶ at the end of each line. Eg. ¶ ¶ Thanks,¶ XXXXXXXXXXX.¶ ¶ Accidently hit some key. from that moment this character is appearing. How to remove this character? Turn off the option to view formatting marks in Word which is usually the reason you'll see them in Outlook. "Sangs" <Sangs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AFB5143-54C2-46ED-BEDA-1915D6E1C0A7@microsoft.com... > Whenever i open a new mail (composing) or replying, i'm ge...

POP3 Relay
I currently have an Exchange 5.5 server with the users mailboxes on, this sits behind ISA Server. I have published my exchange server as a pop3 server and an SMTP server, as I have users out side the office that collect their mail via POP3 (outlook express) I have created a tri-homed DMZ into which I will place an SMTP relay, all my users will send and receive mail through this, but what about the pop3 access, will I still need my port 110 published to my exchange server or can I put some sort of relay into the DMZ? Stuart -- You might have mail Not possible without proxy of some kind....