550 Not local host, not a gateway

Help!  I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002
version of MS Outlook.  They all come back with the 550
not local host, not a gateway error message.  I am so
frustrated.
0
anonymous (74724)

Talk to your ISP to verify your SMTP server settings.

okcrowl wrote:
> Help!  I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002
> version of MS Outlook.  They all come back with the 550
> not local host, not a gateway error message.  I am so
> frustrated.

0
lanwench (7566)

CRM 4 Hosted
I have been considering CRM 3 for some time due to its integration with Dynamics GP 10 which I am currently running. From what I understand MSCRM 4 is a hosted application. Am I wrong? How will it integrate with my install of Dynamics GP 10 for sop etc? With CRM 4 you will have several deployment options. One is CRM Live, which is hosted. But you still have an on-premise option just like in CRM 3. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/weblog -- "tstrop" <tstrop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4964EB94-5E7A-4A72-8099-0427DDD389EF@m...

550 Not local host, not a gateway
Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so frustrated. Talk to your ISP to verify your SMTP server settings. okcrowl wrote: > Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 > version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 > not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so > frustrated. ...

office 2007 files only open locally
Hey folks - I had a user last month submit a ticket to me that he could not open any Office 2007 documents without first either copying them down from the server and/or emailing them to himself. Trying to fix this I re-imaged his PC but the problem was still present & now others in his department are experiencing the same problems. Here is the open action: When the user double clicks on the file in explorer. The program opens up but the document does not appear. Where the page is suppose to display only the Grey background is shown and the ribbon appears but without the ...

seconds since 1970 and locale
When I want to get the current timestamp in the classical UNIX format "seconds since 1970", I type $a get-date -uformat %w The result is a string, with a couple of digits denoting the fractions of a second after the decimal separator. To get rid of the fractional part I can just convert the result to integer. [int]$a But: this does not work on computers where the decimal separator is a comma instead of a point due to the regional settings. I still can work around this easily using a regex: $a -replace "[\.,].*" will chop off the fractional part incl...

Japanese Localization for Dynamics GP?
Hi, Wanted to know if it is possible to use the Dynamics GP UI to manage a company in Japan, some brief research shows that this might not be possible. We can alter the database and get Japanese characters in there, but obviously the UI shows up as ???. I can see that Dynamics CRM has a Japanese language pack, any such feature for Dyanamics GP - any leads on what possible options we might be able to take? Hi Aki Double byte and unicode languages are not supported (see KB below). Also there is no localisation for Japanese requirements. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KB...

gateway was unable to validate the email address
Hello, Receving this error when trying to send document through Outlook using a RightFax extension. "Your fax has not been sent. The gateway was unable to validate the e-mail address of the message sender. The message has been discarded." Any information regarding this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you, L.Eli admin@leli.org you may need to check the rightfax documentation, but it sounds like the gateway authenticates by email address and it's not configured to allow your address. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 H...

Error 550
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'address@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Tech', Account: 'srv1.statiknet.dynalias.net', Server: 'srv1.statiknet.dynalias.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for address@hotmail.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 I get this message after 2 weeks of successful mail transmission from my domain to the external domain. I've not changed any settings except enabled Inte...

Script to find local administrators on workstations...
I want to write a script that will pull the name of a workstation and the local administrators off the box. ** If i need to run an ldap script and get the name of the boxes first then i'll do that first then run the script that will pull the names off and link them to the box their associated with. Thanks everyone in advance. Ryan "RBoyle" <ryan.j.boyle.cpg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cb6433a4-99b8-49e2-9fd2-e308e0d1e009@n31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com... >I want to write a script that will pull the name of a workstation and > the local administr...

Gateway 510 not loading from CD drive
Ok guys I have a friends computer that had a virus and could not restart just looped back through so I used killdisk on the IDE harddrive. I cannot and could not get the harddrive to load from the CD I have been in BOIS and disabaled everything except the CD drive it would tell me to rebbot and select the boot drive. Well I took the harddrive out of my computer and ran the empty harddrive that had been cleaned with killdisk and and installed the drivers for the gateway and the windows xp when I reinstalled it back into the computer that was damaged I get the blue screen of death th...

Localization of POS Paymant Rules
I have a software for POS retail, and it must be installed in various country in the world (Argentina, Japan, ecc. ecc.) anyone know where I can found something for payment processing (VAT, duty free ...) for the various countries? Documentation, International Office who offer this service and so on ? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Claudio ...

my email No.550
i cant send emails. they return as "turn authentication on" how do i do it? "petersky" <petersky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDA482D9-48A5-4F22-BBB4-E9B90889A4E2@microsoft.com... >i cant send emails. they return as "turn authentication on" how do i do >it? Tools-Account Settings-change-more settings-outgoing server and check the authentication box ...

Need Microsoft web hosting for Exchange, ASP, Sharepoint, and SQL
I currently have [URL=http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7001514]1and1[/URL] as a web host for some clients because they have Windows servers with Exchange, ASP, Sharepoint, and SQL at really good rates. What I don't like is that they only pay a finders fee and what I want is the same services and products but with shared or reseller accounts rather than a finders fee. Anybody have any suggestion? Thanx, Dave. ...

Outlook 2007 Using Hosted Exchange, Do I need to backup?
I am using a hosted exchange service through my web host. Do I need to backup my Outlook data or is my exchange data my backup? Mike Your Exchange data is your original. Ask your hosted Exchange service provider to ask who is responsible for the backups and which method they advise to use for their service if you need to do it yourself. An end-user method for backing up Exchange is described here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downlo...

550 Sender verify failed
I get that message right away when I'm trying to send a message using Outlook 2000 (with Exchange 5.5 SP3). I've checked with eventid.net and microsoft and haven't found anything for that particular error message. This only hapens with one or 2 email adresses. Could it be a DNS problem or something? Perhaps this needs to be posted to an Outlook newsgroup. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mathieu" <sdfdas@sdfs.com> wrote in message news:eKy46ZtsDHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I get that message right away when I'm tr...

Any ideas to simply secure the mail inside my local domain ?
Hello, I have an Exchange 2003 server and a local domain with 200 users. I have a lot kind of mail client (outlook express, outlook, mac client) and i use SMTP/POP3 for the mail traffic. I have put a anti-spoofing software to clean the message that comes from outside my domain but i would like to secure the mail traffic inside my domain. For example, I don't want that an user send mail with the director's email address and i would like so that my user have more trust in the internal mail. I have these simple ideas : - authentify the smtp traffic with ISA 2004... - authentify the smtp c...

IFD access
Hi With IFD I know you put domain.com and it adds the company name given during the setup to the host portion. Is there a way to have a company name different from the host portion of the fqdn used to acces the crm website ? Thanks Dan ...

Cost and Local Cost
When I change the suppliers accepted currency, the cost price of items supplied by this supplier gets subdivided in cost and local cost. Because the price of an item is in local currency and cost is now in the new accepted currency, the profit margin of these products is no longer correct. What would be the best way to approach this situation? ...

550 Sender verify failed?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C49B43.ADE4BEA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a problem with some emails, return: The recipient name is not recognized 550 Sender verify failed Exchange 5.5 (NT 4.0) works fine with hotmail, yahoo, etc. any ideas? thanks, Jose Orlando ------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C49B43.ADE4BEA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transiti...

IE8 ignoring hosts file
Hi, IE8 has recently been ignoring my hosts file and been showing adverts when I log into my Hotmail account. I'm running XP home and am not sure what to check to remedy the situation. Anyone any ideas. Thanks, Will. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est On 12/15/2009 6:02 PM, Will wrote: > Hi, > > IE8 has recently been ignoring my hosts file and been showing adverts > when I log into my Hotmail account. > > I'm running XP home and am not sure what to check to remedy the situation. > > Anyone any ideas. > > Thanks, > W...

550 relaying
I am trying to do a email blast of about 100 company names and i cant get it to work. The 550 relaying is prohibited message says it wont work...what can i do/ Set your authentication on your account properties. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, carol asked: | I am trying to do a email blast of about 100 company names | and i cant get it to work. The 5...

Hosting CRM 01-18-05
A few clients with existing Microsoft infrastructures have inquired about our company hosting CRM for them in a true ASP model. They require on site support for intregation/training and do not feel that national hosting providers could meet their needs. Is there a scaleable way of hosting CRM for multiple clients without creating a separate installation of each clients AD domain at the hosting site? In other words we would like to provide CRM via ASP model and integrate into their existing Exchange installations. -- John MN Nope. "John MN" <JohnMN@discussions.microsoft...

WinServer2008 R2 , .net service, local system account
Hi, This is marginally on topic (I hope) Wrote the simplest service as per the walkthrough, on my WinServer R2 based Development platform. The service uses an event log to to record the fact that it has opened and closed. It installs OK but when I attempt to start it gives a security exception which appears to be related with trying to instantiate the log. I went back to my old WinServer 2003 platform and did the same thing and it starts / stops OK. So I guess I am asking how do I get the Local System account to get access to the event logs on WinServer 2008 R2. thanks ...

2k3 error 550 "Invalid Domain" is my domain
Our Ex 2003 server has been up and running for almost a year and occasionally a user will get a Undeliverable report which says 550 Invalid domain mydomain.com, where "mydomain.com" is really our domain name. And then yesterday a user was emailing about 50 customers at once and she got several of these exact NDR's, and these were for emails to recipients we've never had trouble with in the past. I'm really scratching my head here. Where to begin to troubleshoot? Many thanks for reading. -Bob Post the NDR. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer s...

Error -550 attempt at resolution
We have a customer witha small network and dedicated server using SBS4.5 sp6 with Exchange 5.5 (build 2448.8 sp2) that recently had a power outage which appears to have corrupted the one of the Exchange EDB files. Some (years) ago we moved the Exchange data from C: to D: due to space limitations. Based on the error we referred to Q143235 and tried to follow the resolution. Using ESEUTIL /MH, we found the d:\exchsrvr\dsadata\diredb file to be inconsistent. We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata.priv.edb file was consistent We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb file to be consistent. Per the Q arti...

Copy/Backup Local Folders
I would like to copy (preferably ) or backup Local Folders in Windows Mail. I am having no luck... can you help? Thank you, ms "Marye" <MElizabeth42@comcast.net> a �crit dans le message de news:uoMjXMk2KHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I would like to copy (preferably ) or backup Local Folders in Windows Mail. >I am having no luck... can you help? > > Thank you, > ms > Did you try: File, Export, Messages, Microsoft Windows Mail. Note: Windows Mail won't let you export directly to external media. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, M...