503 Error, No Recipient

I'm the IT Guy for a small company with about 50 computers. One computer
is having Outlook Problems. The user can receive emails fine, but is
unable to send, getting the message 503, No Recipient, even though it's
a valid address. I've tried doing several things to fix, but haven't
been successful.

Here's what I tried in various combinations.

-Set the Outgoing Server to Require Authentication while using the same
settings as the incoming mail server
-Changed the Outgoing Server from 25 to 465
-Cleared internet settings and reset web/sercurity settings back to
default

I enabled and viewed the OPMLog and here is what I received for
errors:

2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): <rx> 550-Verification
failed for <*****>
2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): <rx> 550- Unroutable
address
2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): <rx> 550 Sender verify
failed
2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): [tx] DATA
2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): <rx> 503 No recipient(s).
2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): End execution

I appreciate any additional suggestions to correct! Outlook 2003, SP3,
with XP

--
collguy

"collguy" <collguy.3b1cbb8@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Here's what I tried in various combinations.
>
> -Set the Outgoing Server to Require Authentication while using the same
> settings as the incoming mail server
> -Changed the Outgoing Server from 25 to 465

Ask your ISP what port they require and what encryptions settings you should
specifiy.  587 is also a common port.

> -Cleared internet settings and reset web/sercurity settings back to
> default
>
> I enabled and viewed the OPMLog and here is what I received for
> errors:
>
> 2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): <rx> 550-Verification
> failed for <*****>
> 2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): <rx> 550- Unroutable
> address
> 2009.01.12 11:10:12 SMTP (mail.company.com): <rx> 550 Sender verify
> failed

This says that your mail server either cannot find a route to the domain of
your recipient or the recipient address is incorrect and the recipient
domain mail server can't find a mailbox for it..  It's not a problem you can
solve unless you control your mail server and its routing configuration. or
you can speak with the administrator of the recipient's domain.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

CRM Account Notes Error........1
I am getting the following Error when i try to create Notes on Account Level in MSCRM........ Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 1:00:28 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM11 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The data area passed to a system call is too small. Error Message: The data area passed to a system call is too small. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source ...

Opportunity error
Hi, A client one user and now another are all of a sudden being asked for a password in order to change or add an opportunity, even if they put in the correct password it doesn't accept the password and asks again, after 3 or so attempts it says you do not have the rights. As far as we have been informed there has been no changes to their system what so ever. Started with the one user and now is two users that have this issue. Have used the same user on a different pc to no avail. Any help muchly appreciated! Thanks, Nathan We've encountered this one, and it was identified to b...

microsoft error reporting
I have Office 2004 for Mscintosh. All has been working well until last = night=20 when I was using Word. I suddenly got an Microsoft Error Report which = said=20 I must close Word. I have been unable to restart Word - continue to get = the=20 Microsoft Error Report. I then reintalled Office. Problem persists. Reinstalling only fixes problems if you run Remove Office first. Work through the troubleshooting suggestions here: http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/TroubleshootingIndex.htm (hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser) If you attempted to manually remove Office,...

gettings errors when closing opportunities
We are experiencing a strange problem that we do not know how to solve. When CRM was installed we migrated data in and created opportunities. When we close one of those opp's we get CRM errors and it does not close. If we manually create a new opp it will close without any issues. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should check to see why these migrated opp's do not close?? Any ideas would be helpful. Below are the errors returned from CRM: Microsoft CRM Application Error Report: Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web reques...

ERROR: "A required resource is unavaiable."
Does anyone have any direction or ideas on what might cause this intermittent MFC error dialog? I've looked on MSDN and also Google'd it, but there's not much helpful information available. Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Brad Jones There is usually more information with that message, at least as I remember it. And it usually comes up when you do something very specific. What did you do that caused it? With only this vague description, it is hard to guess what really happened or be able to suggest strategies for discovering what went wrong....

Public Folders 503 Error
I've got a back-end server running Exchange 2003 and a Front End server connected running Exchange 2003. The outlook web access works just fine on the front end server, except for when I click on the Public Folders I receive a HTTP 1.1 503 Service Unavailable. I have followed Microsoft's KB 823159 about troubleshooting a 503 Error, and none of the symptoms described really match. My services are all running as local system accounts, my services are all running, I am not receiving errors about the Registry Key that exceeds 259 characters, nor do I have any GPO policies in place. The...

Outlook Upgrade errors
Hi, I just upgraded a user's Office 2k to Office XP so that the user could still keep his "original" settings in Office environment. However, after the installation, when the user opened Outlook, he could see 4 of empty mailboxes in his account and "Data File Management" feature doesn't function at all. When he tried to click on it, it gave him the error "There was an error locating one of the items needed to complete this operation. It might have been deleted", and he couldn't add his .pst files from "Data File Management" at all. ...

Reports: Error after verifying database
Adding original CRM-fields to my reports works fine, but after verifying my database in Crystal to view my custom fields, the "Information is needed before this report can be processed"-error occurres. This happens even before I add any of my custom fields is it possible you have an old server name in the report? After the report is open, click the Report menu and then click Refresh Report Data (F5). Clear Connect to Local Computer in the Connection Info dialog box. . If you have the Save Server Address check box selected, clear the check box. Make sure the Server field is set t...

Phantom Recipient
When sending emails using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2003, users get the following message. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Santiago P. Wanda on 5/9/2006 3:48 PM The recipient name is not recognized However, this user is not listed in the "to" field and email is not intended to be sent to this user. Any ideas? On Wed, 17 May 2006 06:13:02 -0700, Marvin Bordelon <MarvinBordelon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When sending emails using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2003, users get the >following message. Sending to whom? > >T...

Out of memory error
Our group has developed an excel spreadsheet for our reps in the field. Each time a new contact is made, a new worksheet is created within the spreadsheet. After three worksheets are opened, the reps are receiving an "out of memory error". The laptops have 256 megs of memory, running Windows 2000, so they shouldn't be running out of memory. Is there a way to limit amount of memory used? I can't create multiple spreadsheets, only worksheets within one spreadsheet. There may be as many as 12 worksheets within one spreadsheet. I had this problem as well when my default...

Error Message #20
I've been using MM for about 4 years and recently I have been having trouble when I try to click on the "bills" section. Everytime I try to go to the "bills" section, the program informs me that it has encountered an error and needs to close. Other aspects of my file seem unharmed. Any suggestions? File|Repair? "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EF82BA-B490-46FE-87AE-0E192062C119@microsoft.com... > I've been using MM for about 4 years and recently I have been having > trouble > when I try to click...

Public Folder Mail Not Delivered
I'm having a problem with mail not being delivered to one public folder - the issue cropped up out of the blue. I migrated our Exchange 2000 server to a new 2003 server a few weeks back - the 2000 server is still on (and off and on), but hosts no mailboxes or public folders (public folders were replicated and then removed). A few days back, mail stopped being delivered to a public folder, and in ESM, I get the "Mail proxy for this folder cannot be found. c1028a21" error. KB article 278441 doesn't exactly apply - I get none of the Events it identifies in my logs, and I veri...

503 Valid RCPT TO <recipient> must precede DATA
I have just switched from dial up (no laughing) to dsn. I am using Outlook for Pop3/SMTP mail. When using Outlook to send emails I get the following error message. "503 Valid RCPT TO <recipient> must precede DATA" If I disconnect from the dsn and go through the dial up Outlook will send emails just fine. If I enable McAfee VirusScan the error on the outgoing messages change to: "550-EarthLink does not recognize your computer ( ) as connecting from an Earthlink connection." Interesting thing about the above message - I have never used earthlink, and no one in my...

Visual C++ Debug Library error
Access 2003 (11.5614.5606) When I open a form in design view and try to use the code builder on any of the event properties, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library error. The program is always MSAccess.exe. Sometimes it’s a Debug Error! with "abnormal program termination." Other times it’s a Runtime Error! with “This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.” I can use the code builder on event properties for command buttons, text boxes, and other things, just not for...

Outlook reply error (associated with SP3?)
Greetings. I recently bought a new Dell, wiped the drive, performed a clean install of my own licensed copies of XP Pro and Office XP Pro, and migrated all my settings from my old computer. For a few glorious days I enjoyed newfound speediness with no glitches whatsoever. Now I am running into the following message when I reply to a message in Outlook: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" If I click Yes or No the new message window opens; both do the same thing. (Of course, clicking Yes means that I won't see th...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

formula error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel =COUNTIF(DIARY!$I$2:$I$3068,1) <br> The above formula does not automatically update to increase the range of cells as new data is being added to sheet diary. How do I correct this. Also the sheet has over 200 items. Do I have to correct the formula for each cell or is it possible to correct the range in all at one go? <br> Thanks You need to format the range as either a List or a Dynamic Range. A List is simpler. See the Excel Help topic "Create a list". For Dynamic Ranges, see here: ...

Recipient limitations
Could someone let me know the maximum number of recipients you can have on the TO: CC: and BCC lines of an outlook message You'll need to ask your mail server administrator. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "JOE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308801c4a7e4$6fdc30e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could someone let me know the maximum number of > recipients you can have on the TO: CC: and BCC l...

Workflow PostURL error/bug
Is there a way to set the timeout for a PostURL workflow step. We have noticed that if the PostURL takes more than 8-10 seconds to complete, then the workflow step becomes paused in the workflow monitor. We have created the following simple web service that can be used to reproduce the problem. Create a new web service or ASP page and paste the following function to reproduce the problem. your times may vary, but when we pause for 10 seconds then the workflow step becomes paused in the workflow monitor. <WebMethod()> Public Function SendEmail(ByVal accountid As String) As String Try...

Auth error,could not log on to CRM.Help!!! #2
Hi,i've upgraded my CRM 1.2 and everything went ok.When i tried to log on to the CRM 3.0 i recieved the following error:Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. I'm logging as a domain administrator with that account the crm was installed and upgrated,i've tried with other accounts but still the same,and i can open the page only if i type the ip adress of the site when i type http://loca...

error messages #9
I have a user who has personal folders and recently started getting the following message. The data file 'file name' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. I have archived some of his email to control the .pst file size. I have also run scanpst and a defrag in Outlook. The error message still comes up occasionally. He is running all the latest patches and updates to XP and Office... I am currently working on the same issue for customer. Have you tried to detect and repair on Outlook or reinstalling it. The profile could be corrupted as well. F...

Error importing xBase file
Help! I have a commercial application that stores certain data in an xbase file. I use access to import the data and manipulate it. This worked fine in Access 97, but have since upgraded to Access 2000. Now I get the message "External table is not in the expected format". I can pull into an Excel file and then export to access, however, I don't think my boss will like that. Any ideas? Thanks, Ron ...

MSExchangeAL errors / warnings 8033, 8063, 8257
Hi, I have a problem with SBS and Exchange 2003. When I create a new user account, the Windows account is created but there is something wrong with Exchange account. The new mail account is not visible in GAL and the user can't connect to his mailbox from Outlook. I see three errors / warnings in Eventlog: MSExchangeAL: LDAP Operations: 8033: LDAP search result on directory serwer.Zaltan.local for entry '' was unsuccessful with error:[0x1] Blad operacji [ 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connec...

Cannot combine chart type error with only one chart.
I am receiving the error "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." Funny thing is... this is the only chart I am trying to create. There are no other charts in the entire workbook. Moving the data to another sheet in the workbook does not work. I am running excel 07. I can copy the data to a new workbook and create the chart with no problem. Is it possible that something in this specific workbook is corrupted? If I copy the chart from the new workbook to the bad one, all the data "disappears". I would be happy to ...

MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains
I am getting MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains. My application log contains 3 messages, all pertaining to errors (An Information, Error, and Warning message). The errors continue to repeat and fill up the Application Log. Any ideas how to fix? Please email me at "ivan AT kairoscorp DOT com". The errors are as follows: INFORMATION Event Type: Information Event Source: MSGPDocumentExchange Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 9/1/2004 Time: 11:26:02 AM User: N/A Computer: NU Description: An exception was thrown from Doc...